+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Astrology fun quiz.

1. Link to Post #21
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Astrology fun quiz.

think of it this way . if i were a hominid in a tribe then i observe stuff about other people. i see this connection between date of birth and personality. then i observe it more and i begin to see a powerfull link between star positions and date of birth. from this i can draw other conclusions in thousands of years and i begin to analyse more the actual stars and possible influences. after that and only after that i can make other theories which i can then observe they work. after that i can begin to start calculations on how the stars move and predictions in real life. this is how the field grows. but astrology can be made once again from scratch and it can be very different than the one we have today. and there can be several. if you say mars influences ... how?? . can you prove the exact process with which the stars influence personality? i hope you don't say yes to this one. but there is an observational view point on which this field is constructed and the mechanicistic science that we have is that if you don't know how it works than it's a random , imaginary, anecdotal, bull****, pseudoscience, coincidence , stupid thing to say. i think it is not. there is no need to know how the body drinks water or makes all those complicated decisions in a fraction of a second in order for me to use it. it's just like saying if that i don't know this than maybe it's better that i kill myself and don't drink water or sleep or eat food or do anything with my body until i know exactly how he does it. now this is mental illness but it's an idea which will grow more an more in their robotic minds.
    here is another argument. the universe is random. how do you know that. well in the field of subatomic particles how they move is random therefore the universe is random. but wait a second ... newtonian physics for atomic particles work, it's very very accurate and deterministic. therefore it is not random. they are a walking contradiction and they break logic apart till what it remains is a lie.
    in pseudoscience because this is what i will be doing i should mine the net to find data. huge data. after the data is gathered anyone with an interest should use it and make up their own minds and draw out their own theories.
    Last edited by simbad24; 27th April 2015 at 20:27.

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Good luck with all of that, Simbad. I quit trying to prove things related to astrology years ago. The PTB have it cornered and only in a sly subculture can one find the people who get it.
    Nowadays when I see that someone who is Cancer, but had the sun or ascendant conjunct Uranus at birth, I think of them automatically more as Aquarians. Because that proximity of their sun to the ruler of Aquarius absorbs more Aquarian energy than their sun sign. So seen in that light interpretation becomes more and more complex. The geometry of the planets in relation to one another factors in greatly.

This is something that is hard to teach to someone who doesn't have fast brain processes. And then, if you are trying to prove anything to the lay people, or worse, astronomers, I can guarantee you that their eyes will glaze over within minutes.
    Perhaps I sound cynical, but after 36 years of banging my head against that wall I'm not going to waste my time. People either open their minds willingly, and enjoy what they discover, or they will sadistically play cat and mouse with you while you think you have their full attention.
    Last edited by ulli; 27th April 2015 at 21:34.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

simbad24 (27th April 2015), Sophocles (28th April 2015)

4. Link to Post #23
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

any type of observational science is a science for me. therefore i don't understand from where does the need to convince people exist? **********. them. you write a book with your observations and if it has success fine if it doesn't that's fine also. darwin wrote the book and after that he put it into the bookcase and for 20 years he did not do anything with it. my guess is because people at that time were not ready for it and he did not want to lose his social life over a it. after 20 years when he felt that people were ready he published the book and his book is still alive today. my guess is to do things for the love of them and not necesarily for social success. if 100 people read me i would be more than happy to have a lot of interesting conversations with them and make new friends and test and use the new theories. although this will not be the case. but this is not a task for the rat race. you need a normal job too. passion is the key here. passion with a good intelect tops anything. even in happiness. passion, curiosity, playfulness, innocence these are the values which i believe in .
    by the way i don't know if i could say this here but here is a site that i discovered recently and you can also make money with pseudoscience.
    www.oranum.com. capitalism is not such a bad idea. a science which has monopoly on thought and on actions with the help of higher authority that is a bad idea.
    Last edited by simbad24; 27th April 2015 at 21:49.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to simbad24 For This Post:

ulli (27th April 2015)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Simbad, you may find this site intesting. Ray Merriman was a metallurgist before he became an astrologer and now he is a financial analyst.
    I believe he discovered a correlation between sun Mars conjunctions and people having trouble giving blood samples on those days. (Mars rules iron, and hence blood)
    Anyway, that's how he found validity.

http://www.mmacycles.com/
    http://www.mmacycles.com/catalogue/astrology-books/

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

simbad24 (27th April 2015), Sophocles (28th April 2015)

8. Link to Post #25
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

this is exactly the type of thinking that i had in mind. it's first of all a fun thing to do!
    there are aplications even in the finanical sector for astrology and i read a book which was called i think astrology for the workplace. that was ubercool.
    also for the workplace japan also has a very interesting selection process with blood types and in western culture is mocked and laughed at because only idiots put themselves above the experience of milions of high intelect people and their practice.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

ulli let me impress you with something that you did no know about . can i?
    try this...
    http://www.colorquiz.com/quiz.php
    i think they work at an awesome level and i think i know why. the test and the science behind it is purely empirical (there is no pretend of the researcher's part that he knows why it works but it does )and it was done 100 years ago. and still works today.
    Last edited by simbad24; 27th April 2015 at 22:29.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simbad24 For This Post:

hohoemi (27th May 2015), Sophocles (28th April 2015), ulli (28th April 2015), Wind (28th April 2015)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by simbad24 (here)
    this is exactly the type of thinking that i had in mind. it's first of all a fun thing to do!
    there are aplications even in the finanical sector for astrology and i read a book which was called i think astrology for the workplace. that was ubercool.
    also for the workplace japan also has a very interesting selection process with blood types and in western culture is mocked and laughed at because only idiots put themselves above the experience of milions of high intelect people and their practice.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

ulli let me impress you with something that you did no know about . can i?
    try this...
    i think they work at an awesome level and i think i know why. the test and the science behind it is purely empirical (there is no pretend of the researcher's part that he knows why it works but it does )and it was done 100 years ago. and still works today.
    I only now had a chance to take that color test. I must say, it is incredibly accurate.

And since I have become aware of those characteristics over the years I sometimes go against them, deliberately. Just for fun. But when my guard is down I always return to the basic personality, exactly as is described in the test result.

I definitely recommend people to give it a try.
    And perhaps you could make a separate thread for this test, because the word 'astrology' might put a large number of members off.
    This way more will get to see it.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

hohoemi (27th May 2015), simbad24 (28th April 2015), Sophocles (28th April 2015), Wind (28th April 2015)

12. Link to Post #27
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

i see that you enjoy blue and purple in you avatar. they have meaning. spiritual meaning. in my book spiritual means the state of internal emotions and feeling that you long for in any particular situation. the state that you are most found of. and it's a way of looking at problems in a particular way. the bear has to cross the rivers but a bird flyies over it. see my point?
    now you would see that this test is temporal and you can be in a different life scenario and the test will show the exact state that you are in and how you respond to external stimuly from an internal perspective and of course it's going to be different than the last test.
    google serch : color symbolism.

a later edit.
    colors mean frequency of light , spirit is an energy which has a vibration. if i were to believe the theory that spirit attaches to the body when it's 3 months old (more precisely to the nervous system )than i can imagine that a certain color of light enters it.
    Last edited by simbad24; 28th April 2015 at 22:09.

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by simbad24 (here)
    Wow, the results are spot on. I am astounded! I have to say, I didn't expect that at all.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Post:

simbad24 (29th April 2015)

15. Link to Post #29
    Romania Avalon Member
    Thanks

you know wind i use to think that nobel prize and mathematics are above all. now i know that this is a lie. i got sick and relied on the miracles of modern medicine and on science, and on hollywood. now i see the things very very differently. but still science is above all things. it just needs to not be arogant and stupid. at this moment science is a sales pitch and a religion in itself. the rational aproach will always wins . i'm rational also. but i don't want to kill myself or the planet in the process because that will make me a liar and a very stupid person.
    can you imagine that if for example the idiot in the wheelchair who is considered to be the smartest public figure, the new einstein... Stephen Hawking in his youth would have gone to see doctor Gerson or other natural doctors with good results now there is a posibility he would have never gotten sick and he would have been productive to 1000 times more than he has? i think this says it all about the ""geniuses"" on this planet. they digged themselves their own grave and calling it the normality.disgusting.
    even iq tests are a bull**** measurement of intelect. once again. disgusting.

example :
    http://www.quackwatch.com/01Quackery..._overview.html
    Last edited by simbad24; 28th April 2015 at 23:51.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to simbad24 For This Post:

ulli (29th April 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2