+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Pre-birth (and birth) memories..?

1. Link to Post #41
    Switzerland Avalon Member Jimswitz's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Pre-birth (and birth) memories..?

I'm not sure if this was a pre-birth experience-time being what it is-but my whole life long I have had this 'memory' where I was on my way somewhere in the universe and was diverted here.
    Being born with a physical body and no means of articulating my 'thoughts' or understanding what was being said to me,I kind of lost track of the reason for this,though I'm sure that it was explained to me at the 'time' ,somehow.
    When I was about 3 or 4 years old,I had a weird dream like experience. We lived in a Nissen Hut on an old army camp in Duddingston,Edinburgh(it was about 1950) beside the Mansion House,which was a beautiful old building,not unlike the Parthenon.Over the entrance,which had Greek style Doric pillars,was a triangular capping piece.In my dream it was dark,and a blue circle,not unlike a full moon,appeared in the middle of the triangle,and a deep,loud voice started talking to me in a language I couldn't understand.I'm convinced that this had something to do with my 'pre-birth' experience,and have remembered it all my life,thinking that one day I would understand what was being said.
    Now that I'm older I think it was my soul that was diverted here,as there was no concept of ego or personality in the experience.
    I've never really been comfortable discussing this,but this thread has given me the confidence to write it down,for which I'm very thankful.
    I hope it's not too far from the topic of the thread and that some of you may be able to help me understand what happened.
    If not,I've waited over 60 years; so I can wait a little longer for it to become clear.
    It's great to have a forum where I feel free to talk about this.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimswitz For This Post:

Billy (19th May 2015), Ikarusion (9th June 2015), Orph (29th May 2017), SabreToothMom (19th May 2015)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

Thanks for the info,delfine. It seems to me that these two Michael Newton books would answer some of my questions too.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimswitz For This Post:

Billy (19th May 2015), SabreToothMom (19th May 2015)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member SabreToothMom's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yes, the blue/purple light (according to Newton's subjects during regression/hypnosis) universally is said to be attributed to your highest guides. Please do get Journey of Souls by Michael Newton. I've been writing a follow up post for this thread for some time now and have it saved here, but will have to finish it and post it in a bit. Thank you so much, both of you, for commenting. It really is wonderful to have this place.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SabreToothMom For This Post:

Billy (19th May 2015), Jimswitz (19th May 2015), Wind (19th May 2015)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Wow! I didn't expect that info about the blue/purple light,though I always sensed that it was important.And yes....it really is wonderful to have this place
    Quote Posted by SabreToothMom (here)
    Oh yes, the blue/purple light (according to Newton's subjects during regression/hypnosis) universally is said to be attributed to your highest guides. Please do get Journey of Souls by Michael Newton. I've been writing a follow up post for this thread for some time now and have it saved here, but will have to finish it and post it in a bit. Thank you so much, both of you, for commenting. It really is wonderful to have this place.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimswitz For This Post:

Billy (19th May 2015), SabreToothMom (19th May 2015)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

I've been composing the following post for a few days now, and want to post what I've got so far:
    --------------

I am going back and quoting parts of my opening post in this thread so that I can make comparisons to passages in "Journey of Souls" by Michael Newton, now that I've read it and recognized some startlingly similar recollections from other people (who were under hypnosis at the time - I have never been hypnotized though, my memories are straight-up recollections without prompting in any way. I didn't read the book and they say "oh hey I remember that!".. I came here saying "am I crazy? I think I remember something!" and then was recommended to read the book.

So, here we go:

Quite a number of years before my birth my family lived on the other side of the country, yet I have a vivid memory of being with them all in the back seat of a station wagon and arriving at the home of a friend or family member out there in that distant state, and of everybody getting out of the vehicle and going upstairs to an apartment or upper level of the home we were visiting. I recall staying in the vehicle, and the feel of sunlight on me. I recall reveling in the feel of the sunlight, and then suddenly I felt that I was back wherever I had originated, and was telling somebody that I thought this was the family I was going to choose to be born into.

I recall also being with my father in the living room on the floor in front of the old black and white television set and watching a news story about Hawaii being made the newest state. It was a big deal to him. I remember asking my mother about this memory when I was about ten years old.. she looked at me strangely and said "you can't remember that. That happened more than a decade before you were born."

Chapter 13: Choosing a New Body contains the following passage:

"...considerable weight is given to family selection by the soul. The idea that each of us voluntarily agreed to be the children of a given set of parents before we came into this life is a difficult concept for some people to accept."

------------

Quote I have a very brief memory of sitting inside a half circle shape that was much like being inside a spherical room - the wall curved behind me and also over our heads, and I was iwth some other "people" (souls?) and were listening to a mandatory talk given by someone with a higher "rank" than us (?) and it was like some sort of requirement for those who were about to reincarnate/return.
    Chapter 14: Preparation for Embarkation contains the following passages:

"Dr.N.: Now tell me, once you are firmly committed to return to Earth, does anything else of importance transpire for you in the spirit world?

S: I must go to the recognition class.

Dr. N.: What is this place like for you?

S: It's an observation meeting... with my companions... so I can recognize them later.

Dr. N.: When I snap my fingers you will go immediately to this class. Are you ready?

S: Yes, I am.

Dr. N.: (snapping my fingers) Explain to me what you are doing.

S: I am floating in.. with the others... to hear the speaker.

Dr. N.: I would like to accompany you, but you will have to be my eyes - is that all right?

S: Sure, but we must hurry a little.

Dr. N.: How does this place appear to you?

S: Mmm... a circular auditorium with a raised dais in the middle - that's where the speakers are.
    "
    --

"I have suggested to my subjects that if the spirit world seems round to them, and appears to curve when they travel rapidly as souls, this could represent a finite, enclosed sphere. They deny the idea of any dimensional boundaries yet offer me little else except metaphors."
    --

"Dr. N.: All right, let's go to the Ring together on the count of three. When I am finished with my count you will have the capacity to remember all the details of this experience. Are you ready to go?

S: Yes.

Dr. N.: One, two three! Your soul is now moving toward the space of life selection. Explain what you see.

S: (long pause) I... am floating towards the Ring... it's circular... a monster bubble..."

----------

Quote In addition to these, I have a memory of sitting in front of a square table with what appeared to be a literal game board on it complete with little game pieces, and someone asking me if I was SURE I wanted to jump back into the game considering it was more than half way through (it appeared that most of the pieces were about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way to the end of the game board). I remember saying that I was sure that I did, and others were asking me to reconsider it, and they were acting as though this was madness on my part. I was told to recall how it had gone for me last time, in an effort to persuade me to change my mind, but I was determined that I had to return.
    From Chapter 13: Choosing a New Body:

"Dr. N.: Tell me, Sumus, when you are back with your group of friends, do you discuss the possibility of yourself associating with some of them in the next life?

S: Yes, more often than not, these close friends are going to be in my life to come, just as I will be in theirs. Some of my clutch will not be in certain lives. It doesn't matter. We all discuss our next life with each other. I want to get their ideas on details, You see, we all know each other so well -- our strengths and weaknesses- former successes and failures - what to watch out for ... that kind of thing."

"There comes that time when the soul must once again leave the sanctuary of the spirit world for another trip to Earth. This decision is not an easy one. Souls must prepare to leave a world of total wisdom, where they exist in a blissful state of freedom, for the physical and mental demands of a human body."

---------------

Quote I then have a memory of being born and being scared and squished and feeling as though I couldn't live and then suddenly it was as if a door opened wide and I was instantly HERE and it was LOUD and bright and so very intense. (For what it's worth, my mother had me via emergency surgery a month early because of toxemia/ pre-eclampsia).
    From chapter 15: Rebirth:

"Dr. N: Where are you now?

S: (pause) I'm aware of being inside my mother.

Dr. N.: Who are you?

S: (chuckles) I'm in a baby -- I'm a baby."

"... we are given additional time for adaptation while in our mother's womb.

Nevertheless, having this time inside our mother does not mean we are fully prepared for the jarring paroxysm of birth, with blinding hospital lights, having to suddenly breathe air , and bring physically handled for the first time."

-----

I will post this now and hopefully it is in some way helpful to others as well, even as disjointed (and unfinished) as it is. I am simply attempting to correlate my own memories with those of anyone else, and I found this book to contain some comforting similarities coming from people hypnotized/regressed.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SabreToothMom For This Post:

Billy (19th May 2015), Iloveyou (17th September 2016), Jimswitz (19th May 2015), Orph (23rd May 2015), ulli (19th May 2015), Wind (19th May 2015)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jimswitz (here)
    Wow! I didn't expect that info about the blue/purple light,though I always sensed that it was important.And yes....it really is wonderful to have this place
    Here is the easiest way I can show what Dr. Newton suggests in this book, without searching for quotes (which I will still do, because I'm like that):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_2015519.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	29932

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SabreToothMom For This Post:

Billy (19th May 2015), DebJoy (3rd February 2017), Jimswitz (19th May 2015), Wind (19th May 2015)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jimswitz (here)
    Here is the easiest way I can show what Dr. Newton suggests in this book, without searching for quotes (which I will still do, because I'm like that):

Attachment 29932
    From Journey of Souls by Michael Newton:

"Eventually, I concluded both our spiritual and physical consciousness project and receive light energy. I believe individual vibrational wave patterns represent each soul's aura. As souls, the density, color, and form of light we radiate is proportional to the power of our knowledge and perception as represented by increasing concentrations of light matter as we develop. Individual patterns of energy not only display who we are, but indicate the degree of ability to heal others and regenerate ourselves.

People in hypnosis speak of colors to describe how souls appear, especially from a distance, when they are shapeless. From my cases, I have learned the more advanced souls project masses of faster moving energy particles which are reported to be blue in color, with the highest concentrations being purple. In the visible spectrum on Earth, blue-violet has the shortest wavelength, with energy peaking in the invisible ultraviolet. If color density is a reflection of wisdom, then the lower wavelengths of white through yellow emanating from souls must represent lower concentrations of vibrational energy."

-----
    (edited to add):

"Dr.N.: Okay, but will you help me straighten out these color schemes? Why is Karla's energy radiating yellow and Valairs blue?

S: That's easy. Valairs... precedes all of us in knowledge and he gives off a darker intensity of light.

Dr. N.: Does the shade of blue, compared to yellow or plain white, make a difference between souls?

S: I'm trying to tell you. Blue is deeper than yellow and yellow is more intense than white, depending on how far along you are.

Dr. N.: Oh, then the luminosity of Valairs radiates less brightly than Karla and she is less brilliant than your energy because you are further down in development?

S: (laughs) Much further down. They both have a heavier, more steady light than me.

Dr. N.:And how does Karla's yellow color vary from your whiteness in terms of where you are ggoing with your own advancement?

S: (with pride) I'm turning into a reddish-white. Eventually, I'll have light gold. Recently I've noticed Karla turning a little darker yellow. I expected it. She is so knowledgeable and good.

Dr. N.: Really, and then will she eventually take her energy level to dark blue in intesnsity?

S: No, to a light blue at first. It's always gradual, as our energy becomes more dense.

Dr. N.: So, these three basic lights of white, yellow, and blue represent theh development stages of souls are are visibly obvious to all spirits?

S: That's right, and the changes are very slow.

Dr. N.: Look around again. Do you see all the energy colors equally represented by souls in this area?

S: Oh no! Mostly white, some yellows, and a few blues.

Dr. N.: Thank you for clarifying this for me."
    Last edited by SabreToothMom; 19th May 2015 at 11:28.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SabreToothMom For This Post:

Billy (19th May 2015), Iloveyou (17th September 2016), Jimswitz (19th May 2015), Orph (23rd May 2015), Wind (19th May 2015)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

On an unrelated note (unrelated to the question of blue-violet light and unrelated to my post which attempts to correlate my own memories with those of people under hypnosis/regression, I mean)... I found this line of inquiry to be very, very interesting indeed (again, from Journey of Souls by Michael Newton):

"Dr. N.: Do you feel you are about ready to return to Earth?

S: Yes, I think so... I have prepared for it. But my studies are going to take such a long time in earth years before I'm done. It's kind of overwhelming.

Dr.N.: And do you think you will still be going to Earth when you near the end of your incarnations?

S: (pauses) Ah... maybe no... there is another world besides Earth... but with Earth people...

Dr. N.: What does this mean?

S: Earth will have fewer people... less crowded... it's not clear to me.

Dr. N.: Where do you think you might be then?

S: i'm getting the impression there is a colonization someplace else -- it is not clear to me."

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SabreToothMom For This Post:

Billy (19th May 2015), Iloveyou (17th September 2016), Jimswitz (19th May 2015), Orph (23rd May 2015), Wind (20th May 2015)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Fascinating.I've never come across stuff like this before.I can see I'm going to have to read these books.
    Funnily enough,blue has always been my favourite colour;perhaps because of these childhood 'memories'.
    Thanks again.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimswitz For This Post:

Billy (19th May 2015), Iloveyou (17th September 2016), Orph (23rd May 2015), Wind (20th May 2015)

19. Link to Post #50
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

I do have a vivid memory from my childhood of being in my mothers arms on a bus. I was unsettled and wanted to sit up, my mother disagreed and tapped my behind. Other passengers smiled and some laughed which left me embarrassed. I then cried with of thought of, "how dare they, its not fair"
    I am the member formally known as Macros the black

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marcus Du Noir For This Post:

Hervé (16th September 2016), Iloveyou (17th September 2016), Orph (17th September 2016)

21. Link to Post #51
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

I remember my birth. Pressure on either side of my head and being unable to move my jaws. I remember my grandmother holding me and my mother refusing to hold me. I also remember being in a hallway on my side in a hospital corridor looking into my mother's room and longing for someone to come and get me. I had a feeling of understanding obstetrics and the birth process and was annoyed that protocols were not being followed.

I remember being in a cot and crying. Screaming for what felt like an eternity. The sun was warm and I loved the feeling of the room I was in. When my father came and got me out of the cot I was into the floor inside a car tyre and was frustrated that these people were such terrible parents.

I remember just being a toddler and my mum wouldn't get up off the sofa. There was a music show on television - probably Countdown - and I even remember the song "I got you" by Split Enz. I was so upset that she wouldn't get me food and I was angry with myself for no longer having the ability to do all of the things I could do before I arrived with these incompetent people. I remember staring at her and thinking "of all of the women in the world you chose this one to look after you"...

I remember my grandfather coming to collect me and my belongings because we were going to live with them.

As a child I remember feeling that "aha" moment when the penny dropped that my mother was just a vessel to get me to me grandparents. She was adopted by them and I was to be their child. I've always considered them to be my parents and have memories of being present with them in the 40's and 50's. In fact, I've always been drawn to this time as remember being a midwife or nurse in those times.

As a child I was drawn to architecture and would spend hours trying to "remember" the layout of the unmarried mothers home that I had previously run or worked at. There were things that I remembered that I couldn't quite articulate as a child.

Throughout my life I've had this irritating feeling of having to "go through it all again" and that it was "easier last time". This time is complicated by more expectation and competition.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tenthmoon For This Post:

Hervé (16th September 2016), Iloveyou (17th September 2016), Noelle (5th January 2017), Orph (17th September 2016)

23. Link to Post #52
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

Journey of Souls by Michael Newton

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....ai/journey.pdf

Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton

http://www.unicusmagazine.com/PDF/De...en%20Lives.pdf
    Last edited by Iloveyou; 17th September 2016 at 08:07.

24. Link to Post #53
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

I had a pair of consecutive out of body experiences (OBEs), spread across two days, back in September. It could have been a glimpse of a death/rebirth in a past or parallel lifetime. The following are excerpts from my journal entries. If anyone has had similar experiences or insight to share, I would love to hear from you.

September 4

It was brief OBE. After being helped out of the physical by some being (unseen or unremembered), I found myself in a house. At first I thought it was my own home, but then I realized it wasn't. I kept saying "Go to Carrie," my sister who lives 30 miles south of me and who I have visited before while out of body. I went to a window and attempted to pass through it, yet I couldn't. Then I said "Go to Mom," who lives 1,000+ miles away and who I have also visited before while out of body. Suddenly, I flew into another room, a bedroom, at the opposite end of this house and saw an old woman lying on a bed. I looked at her and thought, “That isn't Mom.” This woman was still, thin, and frail, and her upper garment was all open, showing her chest. I tried to touch her, and I did, but she didn't wake up. I believe she was dead. Was this deceased woman me?

September 5

This was an ultra-lucid OBE. I was sitting down with a being, a human/humanoid male, someone I understood as important and who I recognized, though not in this lifetime. He seemed corporate, wearing a suit of some sort. I understood everything he was telling me as he spoke, only now I just remember the gist, that I needed to find what I am looking for. Then the process began, what I perceived as the dying process. I sensed being formless and being squeezed. With the squeezing, there was no imagery or sound. I wondered if I was going through the birth canal and about to be reborn. Then I found myself in a hallway. A hospital? I don’t know. I floated through the hall and saw other humans (adults), who didn't seem to take notice of me. Could they not see me? Or maybe they didn't care that I was there. I thought this was my new human life; however, my spirit was not in a new body yet—I was still floating along the hall. Wherever or whatever this was, I understood that all on the other side—my physical existence that I just left—I could not access. But I remembered to think of my body, and I was promptly back in the physical, surprised to be alive.

A couple of memories of the first half of the experience came back to me later in the day: I knew I would be leaving my family, and I was saying goodbye to them. There were children, I think two, though they certainly do not exist in this lifetime.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bruno (29th May 2017)

26. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

We think in pictures. That is how I communicate with the sparrows I feed and the stray cats that always adopt me as their Nanny. I know that my message gets through because they do what I tell them to do.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bruno (29th May 2017), Orph (28th May 2017)

28. Link to Post #55
    United States On Sabbatical avatar's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories! It is gratifying to know others have similar experiences!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to avatar For This Post:

Bruno (29th May 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3