+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another transparent humanitarian crisis - The Mediterranean Immigration Crisis

1. Link to Post #1
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

Default Another transparent humanitarian crisis - The Mediterranean Immigration Crisis

I have read this presentation:
    This is the presentation notes, and this is the presentation:

The presentation is about the human African migration, the humanitarian crisis and the western nations response.

Since both my parents were refugees from Soviet Hungary, and Holocaust survivors.
    This subject touches an exposed nerve in my psychic.

It reminds me of the SS Exodus drama and the SS Struma disaster. And how Europe and USA closed their gates to fleeing Jewish refugees during and after WWII.

The solution is not about hosting the refugees. The solution is resolving the wars causing refugees.
    Now days there are more Syrian refuges then Palestinian. But unlike the Palestinians they are transparent.
    Last edited by PathWalker; 5th May 2015 at 14:42.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2023), Cardillac (5th May 2015), Caren (7th May 2015), conk (5th May 2015), genevieve (5th May 2015), Iloveyou (5th May 2015), MorningSong (5th May 2015), Nasu (5th May 2015), sandy (6th May 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Another transparent humanitarian crisis - The Mediterranean Immigration Crisis

They would migrate to Israel but after seeing how Ethiopian Jews are treated they thought Italy (or any country that happens to be floating around in the med) would be a safer bet considering they are just as black.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,488 times in 2,183 posts

Default Re: Another transparent humanitarian crisis - The Mediterranean Immigration Crisis

What this presentation does not bring into evidence is the "tale" (true or not, I don't know, really) that many of the boat people are telling Italian officials: the ISIS in Lybia is rounding these people up, making them PAY to be shipped out to sea...or be killed on the spot!

Two weekends ago, over 3000 refugees were collected off the coast of Lybia on their way to Italy... some were picked up by Italian Navy, or merchant ships responding to their SOS's, but one group was picked up by Malta's Navy and another by a French ship "helping" Italy with the watchdogging.... BUT, they all were brought to Italy....

About 3000 more were brought in to Italy again this weekend.....

I really don't know how long this can continue before the bow breaks.... it takes more than 18 months to get most of these people processed and moved to another are within Italy's boundaries.... even the small province where I live recieved over 500 just a few weeks ago... free room and board, all inclusive.... where 30 years ago, I never saw anyone other than typical Italians in this valley, I'd say now, 2 in 3 are "foreigners".... not that I'm knocking that (I'm one too!); it's just interesting how the ethnical makeup of the area has changed.... and the typical Italian doesn't like it very much, not when the economy is already a dead weight around most everyone's neck.

Just my 2 cents...

PS:

And I will add that about half of my high school students are immigrants or children of immigrants... otherwise, I wouldn't have a job... most likely.
    Last edited by MorningSong; 5th May 2015 at 21:03.
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

angelfire (6th May 2015), Bill Ryan (19th September 2023), Caren (7th May 2015), Iloveyou (7th May 2015), PathWalker (6th May 2015)

6. Link to Post #4
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,511 times in 573 posts

The sick and twisted realities of the mainscream media.
    Attached Images  

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earthlink For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2023), Iloveyou (7th May 2015), PathWalker (7th May 2015)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,488 times in 2,183 posts

Here's what I wrote about above:

Quote World | Mon May 4, 2015 12:09pm EDT
    Related: World, Italy
    Around 7,000 Europe-bound migrants rescued, baby girl born on Italian navy ship
    ROME | By Steve Scherer

(Reuters) - Around 7,000 migrants were rescued from overcrowded boats crossing the Mediterranean to Europe over the weekend and on Monday, including a woman who gave birth to a baby girl on an Italian navy ship, the coast guard said.

Numbers risking the journey in search of a better life have continued to rise two weeks after as many as 900 people drowned in the worst Mediterranean shipwreck in living memory.

Crew from the Italian navy ship Bettica found the woman in labor on a boat overnight -- one of 34 vessels intercepted over the weekend. A photo posted online showed her daughter, called Francesca Marina, sleeping in a makeshift cradle decorated with a pink bow. Marina, a common name in Italy, also means navy in Italian .

Navy ships were en route to another rubber boat with 89 people on board on Monday, and the privately funded Phoenix rescue ship said it had already picked up 104 migrants.

The 40-metre Phoenix, based in Malta and run by the Migrant Offshore Aid Station (MOAS) and Doctors Without Borders, rescued 369 people, most of them Eritreans aboard a large wooden vessel on Sunday.

Among them was one pregnant woman and about 45 children, including babies, MOAS said.

"The scale of this crisis is just heartbreaking," Will Turner, Emergency Coordinator for Doctors Without Borders, said in a statement.

Growing lawlessness and anarchy in Libya -- the last point on one of the main transit routes to Europe -- is giving free hand to people smugglers who make an average of 80,000 euros ($90,000) from each boatload, according to an ongoing investigation by an Italian court.

Mild spring weather and calm summer seas are expected to push total arrivals in Italy for 2015 to 200,000, an increase of 30,000 on last year, according to an Interior Ministry projection.

Police in Spain said they had rescued 21 immigrants in a boat off the southern coast of the country on Monday.

On Sunday, seven bodies were found on two large rubber boats packed with migrants and three others died after jumping into the water when they saw a merchant ship approaching, the Italian coast guard said.

About 1,800 people are estimated to have perished during the crossing already this year, the UN refugee agency said. Some 51,000 have entered Europe by sea, with 30,500 coming via Italy.

Shocked by last month's record disaster, European Union leaders agreed to triple funding for the EU sea patrol mission Triton, but there is still disagreement on what to do with the people fleeing conflict and poverty in various parts of Africa and the Middle East.

Italy has coordinated the rescues by its own navy and coast guard, a French ship acting on behalf of the European border control agency, merchant ships of various nationalities and one vessel run by the privately funded Migrant Offshore Aid Station.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0NP0SS20150504
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2023), Caren (7th May 2015), Iloveyou (7th May 2015), PathWalker (7th May 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

The life of a refugee (Romani/Gipsy are treated worse then Jews).
    Last edited by PathWalker; 7th May 2015 at 07:28.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2023), Caren (7th May 2015), Iloveyou (7th May 2015)

12. Link to Post #7
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,428 times in 1,398 posts

Farage: Invasion of Lampedusa will destroy Europe.

4.34 mins

Unsure where to post this video, but from the content it seems like a pivotal issue.

Lampedusa is a small island off Italy and in the last few days 200 boats landed there, with over 10,000 young men from a number of African countries. Lampedusa is completely overwhelmed and is looking to the EU for support.
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable" (John F Kennedy - 13th March 1962)
    "The only winning move is not to play" (WarGames 1983)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2023), Harmony (19th September 2023), Reinhard (18th September 2023)

+ Reply to Thread