+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mother didn't know she was pregnant until birth of baby.

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Default Mother didn't know she was pregnant until birth of baby.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...-50k-1.3077703

Mother used crowd-sourcing to pay for medical expenses in Japan after giving birth on the plane - she did not know she was pregnant. A test she did a month before came back negative.

Seems odd that a mother would not know she is pregnant. Says a lot about our world when a female is so out of touch with her body that she does not know she is pregnant. Of course in the same way people often don't know when they are sick, either. Body awareness is way, way down the list of priorities for most humans.

A ten minute session of body meditation each morning would fix that problem forever.

Please consider that without a little work on ourselves we will never turn the corner to a new world of peace and fairness. Change begins at home.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

aranuk (18th May 2015), Aspen (19th May 2015), Elainie (18th May 2015), fourty-two (21st May 2015), Matt P (18th May 2015), meeradas (18th May 2015), Michael Moewes (18th May 2015), Nasu (19th May 2015), Orph (18th May 2015), Wind (19th May 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Default Re: Mother didn't know she was pregnant until birth of baby.

She was aware enough of the symptoms of pregnancy to have taken the pregnancy test.
    According to lots of web pages having an unnoticed pregnancy isn't as uncommon as folks assume.

I'm not sure that this is the best example of a person being "out of touch".

Women exist to do more than carry other people's offspring, believe it or not,
    and find plenty of meaning in those things.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Tesla, I believe it, of course.

I also believe that it is a lot harder to fool those people who are aware of their own bodies. Our reality starts with our bodies and extends outward from there. With body awareness comes an awareness of intelligence, not in terms of data retention and assimilation, but in terms of the innate intelligence of life itself. Out of that intelligence arises a sense of the connection of all things big and small, alive and not so much, infinite and transient, and all the myriad inter-relations that must be present for any awareness of self to happen in the first place.

Awareness of the body is awareness of life with the consequent effect of alignment with the Source of all life. It's very therapeutic...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Elainie (18th May 2015), fourty-two (21st May 2015), Matt P (18th May 2015), Nasu (19th May 2015), Stephanie (19th May 2015), Wind (19th May 2015)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,019 times in 927 posts

When I first saw this, I thought I'm going to click on this and see a picture of an obese woman who didn't know she was pregnant because of all the extra weight. I have read of many such stories. I was shocked to find a petite young woman. And the baby does not look premature. I agree it's a bit odd she had a baby without knowing. Babies kick and move in there. She had to be showing quite a bit. Did she think she was constipated or something?? Very weird. Matter of fact, I find this so strange I almost wonder if this is just a made up story to justify the crowd funding request. It would look very rude to ask for money when you had 8-9 months to prepare. But an unexpected birth smooths that over.
    What do I know, though?

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

aranuk (18th May 2015), Ernie Nemeth (18th May 2015), joeecho (18th May 2015), Nasu (19th May 2015), Wind (19th May 2015)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    She was aware enough of the symptoms of pregnancy to have taken the pregnancy test.
    According to lots of web pages having an unnoticed pregnancy isn't as uncommon as folks assume.

I'm not sure that this is the best example of a person being "out of touch".

Women exist to do more than carry other people's offspring, believe it or not,
    and find plenty of meaning in those things.
    I am more curious what you say here Tesla than I am about the pregnant woman in Japan. It sounds a wee bit strange to put it the way you put it. Surely if a woman carries a child in her belly, it is hers and the fathers not other peoples offspring. Can you clarify please?
    I'm just a father and grandfather. My wife is a mother and grandmother of OUR offspring.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

Tangri (18th May 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

i know from an aquantaince that pregnant women after the eight month of pregnancy are not aloud to get on a plane, or long bus trips exactly because the companies fear a birth during that trip that could risk the health and life of the mother and infant. She wanted to travel to visit her family and lied about the month of her pregnancy to be able to get on the bus.
    I have the feeling that this girl is lying to save her ass from legal trouble because she got on the plane being pregnant...
    But this is just my gut feeling.

Not to dismiss the fact that lots of women are pregnant and don't know it, i really believe that. Very often the pregnancy tests show negative when it's not true.
    ~May the light shine with you. And within you~

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noir For This Post:

Elainie (19th May 2015), Nasu (19th May 2015)

12. Link to Post #7
    Guam Avalon Member
    Thanks

I was an ER nurse for years in LA. In that time, I had at least 4 women come into the ER from the ambulance with a baby on their stomach still attached by the cord and have them saying they did not know they were pregnant or could not possibly be pregnant. However, they were basically young. Women who have a lot of gas, indigestion, and/or constipation often do not distinguish various kinds of pain or motion because they live with it all the time. Also many women who have really hard menstrual cramps often cannot recognize labor pains until close to birth.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lastlegs For This Post:

Aspen (19th May 2015), avid (19th May 2015), Ellisa (19th May 2015), fourty-two (21st May 2015), Noir (19th May 2015), SabreToothMom (19th May 2015)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member SabreToothMom's Avatar
    Thanks

This shouldn't be so hard to believe - some women don't get morning sickness, only gain the weight of the baby plus placenta (so, about ten to twelve pounds) and still continue to spot like a monthly cycle throughout. After a certain number of weeks the level of hCG, which is detected with pregnancy tests, falls continually until pregnancy tests may no longer show a woman as pregnant.

"The level will reach its peak in the first 8 – 11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy."

source: http://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/

The harder thing to believe is that it happens so often, there's a tv series called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" on US television.
    Last edited by SabreToothMom; 19th May 2015 at 12:56.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SabreToothMom For This Post:

avid (19th May 2015), fourty-two (21st May 2015), Noir (19th May 2015)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Okay, so... woman should not know they are pregnant without an authority telling them they are. My mistake. How foolish of me.

Sorry

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Okay, so... woman should not know they are pregnant without an authority telling them they are. My mistake. How foolish of me.

Sorry
    Ernie, I do personnally know a woman who had a baby at 17. She did not know she was pregnant. She was extremely sportive, and because of this had just gained a bit of weight but looked quite normal. Her stomach muscles were so tight because of sport that the belly barely came out. She only spotted once in while for periods, as it often happens with very sportive women. Her parents and herself were very surprised when she gave birth. It happens, but rarely, to first pregnancies.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

fourty-two (21st May 2015), Gaia (20th May 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (20th May 2015)

19. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Thank you Flash!

I didn't mean to come across as so angry,
    but the truth is, when I see women, sex, females, motherhood mocked on the internet,
    like the Web is some huge dissecting table for the war between the genders,
    i can't help feel a bit sick about it!

There is a real person on the other end of the story and the crowdfunding,
    and if she is legit I am sure that some of the harsher criticisms hurt the feelings of the family in need...

CNN reported yesterday on some corrupt charities,
    so honestly, crowdfunding seems on the surface to be an open and easy way for smaller groups of people to secure the help they need.

I read Gofundme's FAQ and it looks like personal/family/medical is the #1 reason people sign up.
    It might seem weird because it's new, but I think it's probably a good thing.

To watch out for, is unscrupulous companies who close accounts and seize the cash;
    people used to be nervous about Paypal and apparently Gofundme won't even take Paypal.
    at least from what I gather.

things change so fast! LOL

+ Reply to Thread