+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A link bank - introduction to conspiracy research. Reminders/evidence/proof/hints/suggestions etc.

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default A link bank - introduction to conspiracy research. Reminders/evidence/proof/hints/suggestions etc.

Hi.
    I was wondering if you could give me some reminders/evidence/proof about all the conspiracy stuff?

I have been investigating these things quite a lot in the past, but have been focusing on different kinds of things in the past few years..... one tends to forget and it feels overwhelming to start digging again for these things, especially with all the disinfo and bs out there.

Can you give me something else than just circumstantial evidence? Is there any?
    Something logical, well-researched and not just vague and completely subjective opinions with hidden agendas and disinfo?
    And please not those youtube videos with dramatic backround music and arbitrary quotes etc taken out of context.
    I know there is plenty of quality stuff out there... and enough data to research for a 100 years, but its scattered and buried somewhere deep with all the garbage.

So can we get a thread with critical thinking, healthy skepticism, thorough evaluation of facts and contexts etc going, where people would share their links, evidence etc, what made you believe in the conspiracy stuff?

I know the information out there is overwhelming, and it takes years to study all this, but I would like to have sort of a starting package, things explained in short, where people could pick up and dig deeper if they want, in one place, under this thread.

(I think 9/11 could be left out, that is well looked into)

But for example:
    • "the illuminati" for lack of a better word. What is it? What proof is there? What do we know? Why is it bad? (a genuine question)
    • "ET stuff": place your best evidence here. Share what you know.
    • "Secret space programs": what? where? how? who?
    • Anything else? What?

Also I'd like to us to test all the evidence. Let's try to debunk the evidence, this way we can identify the disinfo and irrelevant bs from the actual important stuff.
    We shall collect all the best, most credible and legitimate stuff here, in the opening post as they arise.

TL;DR links and credible evindence about all the conspiracy stuff.
    Last edited by take; 19th May 2015 at 16:48.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to take For This Post:

Nasu (19th May 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

Default Re: A link bank - introduction to conspiracy research. Reminders/evidence/proof/hints/suggestions etc.

Hello 'take',

Why don't you start on the UFO stuff.
    The claim is that UFOs and aliens are real and that the
    US Govt is involved in a conspiracy to keep all that stuff secret.

There's plenty of documented evidence.
    Why not start by reading Richard Dolan's classic work: "UFO’s and the National Security State"
    It's heavily supported with genuine official documents released under the freedom of information act.
    Note, it's never been 'debunked'.
    It's difficult to debunk a book when it relies on official documents for the source of it's evidence.

You can probably get a second copy off amazon for a couple of bucks.

You might find this 8 page pdf a useful introduction to the work of Richard Dolan:
    http://www.ngws.org/articles/Cosmic-...chardDolan.pdf

be happy :-)

lucidity

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

earthdreamer (20th May 2015), Gardener (19th May 2015), Innocent Warrior (19th May 2015), joeecho (19th May 2015), moekatz (19th May 2015), Nasu (19th May 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Default Re: A link bank - introduction to conspiracy research. Reminders/evidence/proof/hints/suggestions etc.

Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

joeecho (19th May 2015), Nasu (19th May 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lucidity (here)

Why not start by reading Richard Dolan's classic work: "UFO’s and the National Security State"a:
    Thaks, Lucidity! I'll have a look and see what the internet has to say about Mr. Dolan and his work.

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    [youtube]zdMbmdFOvTs[youtube]
    What about the speech? JFK addressing the press to keep quiet about certain things? This is basic cold war stuff? I think this is one of the many things one should read when connecting the speech with secret societies and "the illuminati":http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread819372/pg1

Also, here is the written version of the speech: http://www.jfklibrary.org/Research/R..._19610427.aspx
    Last edited by take; 19th May 2015 at 16:51.

8. Link to Post #5
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by take (here)
    What about the speech? JFK addressing the press to keep quiet about certain things? This is basic cold war stuff?
    Quote For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.
    Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed. It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match.
    So this simply describes the hostilities between the Soviets and the West to you? "Basic cold war stuff"? So you're saying he was saying the Soviets were conducting - managing/running the cold war? Or you're saying he was describing their conduct, with a grammatically flawed sentence?

OK.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Nasu (19th May 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Yes, in short, I do think he's talking about the cold war. And, again in short, it is the most likely scenario here.
    Here's another exellent discussion on this topic you might want to look into. https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-we...nspiracy.t162/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to take For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (19th May 2015)

12. Link to Post #7
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Yes, in short, I do think he's talking about the cold war. And, again in short, it is the most likely scenario here.
    Here's another exellent discussion on this topic you might want to look into. https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-we...nspiracy.t162/
    Fair enough, you have a point. I won't be reading anything Mick West writes but thanks anyway.

13. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I won't be reading anything Mick West writes but thanks anyway.
    Why not? I think it is paramount for conspiracy research to try and debunk the theories. Only then we can evaluate the credibility of them, and disregard the ones that seem to be unimportant and distracting from the more real and important ones, giving us a better opportunity to focus on those?

14. Link to Post #9
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

I won't be reading anything Mick West writes but thanks anyway.
    Why not? I think it is paramount for conspiracy research to try and debunk the theories. Only then we can evaluate the credibility of them, and disregard the ones that seem to be unimportant and distracting from the more real and important ones, giving us a better opportunity to focus on those?
    He's a gatekeeper troll, got anyone more objective?

15. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I don't know who Mick West is. Sent you a PM to discuss him.
    Opinions are easy to make. Peronally I'd like proof and sources.

More links, anyone? What made you a believer? And especially WHY?

16. Link to Post #11
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

There's more solid items than JFKs speech, just working from the top of my head here, has been a long time for me too. Wish I'd kept all the best (often the most obscure items) links.

Moving on to Cathy Obrien.

Aside from information about MKUltra, which is well known now, her story reveals plenty of other interesting information.

Trance: Formation of America PDF.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 19th May 2015 at 23:52.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Nasu (19th May 2015), take (19th May 2015)

18. Link to Post #12
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

G'day Take,

I'm not going to natter on about the deeper conspiracy stuff but I will point to some very clear examples of a ruling elite that control the world via, amongst other things, the financial system (nothing about reptilian entities here, sorry).

In addition a recent study surprised me when it revealed that the same families have been the "rich" in England for the last millenium.

I thought there would have been some change during the industrial revolution (old royal elite class giving way to new capitalist elite class) or one of the various uprisings/invasions but I was wrong.

So, here ya go:

The Rich Have Stayed Rich in England for 1,000 Years

The 2014 paper the above references (persist with the paper link as sometimes they're a bit busy):

Surnames and Social Mobility in England, 1170–2012

The below relate to a paper by Glattfelder et al. that was published in 2011 about economic networks.

The 147 Companies That Control Everything

The paper:

The Network of Global Corporate Control

Glattfelder in a TedX on Who Controls The World:

More information:
    Who controls the world? Resources for understanding this visualization of the global economy

As Glattfelder says it appears to be due to interactions between groups/corporations etc that are producing self-organising systems. These interactions reinforce the centralised nature of the system and make it harder for outsiders to become part of the core or for the core to expand.

Next I might suggest a wonder into the world of the 0.0001%. The somewhere between 7000 & 8000 individuals that do have a direct influence on world affairs.

For that I'd suggest David Rothkopf's (CEO of Foreign Policy) book - Superclass: The Global Power Elite and the World They are Making

Anyway, that's a starting point for you if you're after verifiable facts.

-- Pan
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Betty (20th May 2015), Nasu (19th May 2015), take (19th May 2015), witchy1 (22nd May 2015)

20. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,024 times in 1,086 posts

With deep respect, I don't think you are going to get what you seek here, or anywhere else for that matter. Furthermore it is nobodies quest but your own, to satisfy or give you the sucsinct answers that you crave.. There is no book, No report, No interview, No evidence and No witness testimony that sums up the big picture.. For those in the know, the distant mountain view that you seek, is clouded by the fog of compartmentalism.

The best we can hope for is small crumbs of so called truth, that after triangulation with other crumbs give us intuitive clues to causation or effect. The best link I can offer is the web, however, like everything else, the crumbs of truth are concealed within a haystack of unimportant dross, expecting anyone anywhere, to have had the amount of lives to find those needles is a fools quest, again with the greatest respect..

My recommend is to get your house, life, in order. Be prepared for an emp like calamity and anything less will be a metaphorical stroll in the park. Have a walk out plan with several routes out of your town or city to water. Then get on with living your life to your fullest and forget who or what is conspiring to bring you down, f them, they have their DUMBs, what's your plan???

I wish you luck, whichever path you choose.... N

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Gaia (19th May 2015), Innocent Warrior (19th May 2015), Selene (20th May 2015), StandingWave (20th May 2015)

22. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thanks Nasu, I'm not looking for a summary of a big picture. Rather I'm trying to build a picture. Like a puzzle. Or like a crossword puzzle where one solved thing helps to discover another.
    I'm just looking for different bits and pieces, whatever people got, evaluate them and research these theories (and perhaps, build our own theories).
    I'm interested why and how people have constructed these views of theirs. For example, what makes you say I should be prepared for an emp like calamity?

I've been away from these things for a loooooong time mind you. I feel like a total newbie to these things, and have developed a skeptical, critical attitude towards these kinds of things. But I do have an open mind and am willing to look into this stuff again.

I hope this thread would be like a 'conspiracy research for beginners'. For anyone who's interested.

Also what I'm looking for is some real research and critical thinking, and I definitely do hope to find both here at Avalon!
    Last edited by take; 19th May 2015 at 19:41.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to take For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (19th May 2015), Nasu (19th May 2015)

24. Link to Post #15
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

I don't know who Mick West is. Sent you a PM to discuss him.
    Opinions are easy to make. Peronally I'd like proof and sources.
    It's not polite to discuss my accusation in private, it's only fair I reply publicly, afterall, Mr West is mostly polite. Besides, what sort of thread for beginners would this be without a mention of trolls and shills.

Well, Mick West himself is both the proof and the source.

I became familiar with him when I was researching geoengineering and participating in chemtrail tweet storms. He's persistent and ever present on the social media scene, a well known shill amongst anti geoengineering activists. I called him a troll but it's more accurate to call him a shill because the reason he gives for his incessant pestering of the online truther community is that "he just cares about the truth".

He sidesteps questions he can't answer. He gives some valid scientific explanations but they don't actually explain the issue at hand. When engaging with him, he resorts to twisting your words or calling you a liar when he's without a valid rebuttal. You get the picture.

Speaking of chemtrails, here's Dane Wigington's website. I became interested in researching chemtrails after I witnessed a low flying plane spraying a long thick chemtrail near my house. Here's a large collection of documents from Wigington's website and here's his geoengineering introduction letter.

All the best with your thread.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 19th May 2015 at 23:51. Reason: Added videos, grammar

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Nasu (19th May 2015), take (20th May 2015), Wind (20th May 2015)

26. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Thanks Nasu, I'm not looking for a summary of a big picture. Rather I'm trying to build a picture. Like a puzzle. Or like a crossword puzzle where one solved thing helps to discover another.
    I'm just looking for different bits and pieces, whatever people got, evaluate them and research these theories (and perhaps, build our own theories).
    I'm interested why and how people have constructed these views of theirs. For example, what makes you say I should be prepared for an emp like calamity?

I've been away from these things for a loooooong time mind you. I feel like a total newbie to these things, and have developed a skeptical, critical attitude towards these kinds of things. But I do have an open mind and am willing to look into this stuff again.

I hope this thread would be like a 'conspiracy research for beginners'. For anyone who's interested.

Also what I'm looking for is some real research and critical thinking, and I definitely do hope to find both here at Avalon!
    Fair enough. My points still hold though, I've been in the rabbit hole since 99 and still feel no better informed, thanks to the web I have a bigger view of the mosaic from which to hope to create my own take on the puzzle, excuse the pun. Good luck on your quest, none the less. As for creating plans for an emp type synario, it just is the worst case planning, that's all. If you have planned for the worst case, anything less will be easier to shoulder..

Choose your poison, so to speak, financial collapse, pole shift, planet x fly by, asteroids, earth quakes, super volcanos or a focused attack from wherever will in all likelihood damage or destroy coms and power. So your preparations, if made around a plan that considers an emp type event, will be a better plan than most. For example, if your plan was to drive in your neibours 4x4 into the wild if anything should indicate the end was nigh, how can you still do this without the vehicle? That's all I mean.

Bottom line, for anyone who has spent more than a month researching these multi connected webs of intreages, we call modern life, they see, as you do, that it just does not ad up, even the good parts of our global society are not sustainable for the most part, as our population grows, bathroom tissue being a great example..

I hope the answers come fast for you, if not, I suggest in the mean time being as prepared for any outcome, as you can be...x... N
    Last edited by Nasu; 19th May 2015 at 23:08.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (19th May 2015)

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

Quote Posted by lucidity (here)

Why not start by reading Richard Dolan's classic work: "UFO’s and the National Security State"a:
    Thaks, Lucidity! I'll have a look and see what the internet has to say about Mr. Dolan and his work.

[youtube]zdMbmdFOvTs[youtube]
    What about the speech? JFK addressing the press to keep quiet about certain things? This is basic cold war stuff? I think this is one of the many things one should read when connecting the speech with secret societies and "the illuminati":http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread819372/pg1

Also, here is the written version of the speech: http://www.jfklibrary.org/Research/R..._19610427.aspx
    Hi 'take',

don't put too much reliance on what you read on AboveTopSecret.
    It's a strongly suspected disinfo front.

What makes me think that ?
    - Those members that, it seemed, who were genuinely well informed were banned.
    - Posts that made comments supportive of 911 conspiracy theories were deleted
    - Posts on a number of subjects were edited by mods.
    - Entire threads simply vanished.

- John Leer, noted and respected conspiracy theorist, was a one time member of
    AboveTopSecret. He was simply banned. He made strenuous enquiries about why
    he was banned. He was stonewalled and then eventually told it was because he'd
    made offensive posts. He managed to get into his post history. There
    was nothing offensive in any of them. He took this up with one of the senior mods
    who admitted that there was nothing 'bannable' about his post history... but went
    on to add that he (John Leer) would be welcomed back onto the site if he mentioned
    nothing about the incident. John Leer (understandably, and to his credit) wouldn't
    accept the condition, so he's no longer a member.

- There's also the case of the 'Next Level Bullsh*t' series of videos that used to be
    featured on the site. Perhaps this series still exists, i don't know. On the anniversary
    of the 9/11 tragedy, they invited George Knapp, the guy who investigated the Bob Lazar
    story of having worked with real UFOs; trying to back-engineer them, to figure out how they
    worked.

First some background on the Bob Lazar story:
    The Bob Lazar story broke over 25 years ago. 25 years ago, anyone walking around
    saying that they'd been employed at Area 51 to back-engineer UFOs was considered a lunatic.
    George Knapp, a journalist, decided to objectively investigate the story to get to the bottom
    of it. Bob said he'd worked at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) as a physicist. He said that
    he had degrees in Physics, Engineering and Maths (or similar subjects) from universities X and Y.
    (I forget which universities exactly). When Knapp contacted the Universities and JPL they all
    said, 'sorry' we've got no records of anyone with that name and DOB. However, when Knapp
    went to visit these Universities he found class mates and lecturers that remembered him.
    He also found several ex and current employees of JPL that remembered Bob. They also
    found an old JPL telephone directory listing Bob Lazar's name & his extension number.
    He was clearly telling the truth about his education and his work history.
    (There are some interesting youtube videos on this whole story if you're interested)

So... George Knapp is trusted in the UFO/Conspiracy community because of his objective
    investigation into the Bob Lazar story. However, George Knapp is also famous for being
    one of the few people connected with UFO research who actually believes the official line on 9/11.

So when on the anniversary of 9/11 'Next Level Bullsh*t' invite a guest in to talk about
    the conspiracies surrounding 9/11 .. it was such a painfully obvious scam to invite
    George Knapp. And during the interview with George Knapp, the interviewer, almost
    like it's a pantomime asks, "So George what do you think about the 9/11 theories?"
    Obviously, he was predictably going to say 'Well... i don't believe them'.
    And then the interviewer offers the camera this look of surprise.
    Utter, utter bullsh*t.

The interview was a scam from the start.
    They dug out, possibly the ONLY, credible journalist that believes the official 9/11 line.
    Knapp is famous for it. And they choose him as the interview guest... and then pretend to
    be shocked at his answer.
    What a pure scam that was.

So.. there's my warning for you.
    AboveTopSecret is highly suspect.
    Don't trust it.

be happy :-)

lucidity
    Last edited by lucidity; 19th May 2015 at 23:42.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (19th May 2015), Nasu (19th May 2015), Selene (20th May 2015), take (20th May 2015)

30. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Sorry for my rant. I am putting the frustrations of my own similar quest into yours, they are not the same, your quest is your own. Please forgive me. Now back to topic, any good links ladies and gentlemen???....x.... N

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

take (20th May 2015)

32. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

For good information I like this site: http://www.checktheevidence.co.uk/cms/

For information on JFK assassination: Warren commission testimony @http://aarclibrary.org/publib/contents/contents_wc.htm
    Mary Ferrell website for HSCA testimony and AARB testimony

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Betty For This Post:

take (20th May 2015)

34. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 times in 446 posts

researching sexual abuse and pedophilia is a useful way to go. It is one way to follow the rabbit hole. For example the Boys Town video. Psychopathy is another. Some people have studied it scientifically.
    Cathy O'Brian and other women who were sex slaves give very convincing evidence of the illuminati and their agenda
    Last edited by Aspen; 20th May 2015 at 07:26.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast