+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Is Nothing At All

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

Default Death Is Nothing At All

by Henry Scott Holland (27 January 1847 – 17 March 1918) was Regius Professor of Divinity at the University of Oxford

All is well

While at St Paul’s Cathedral Holland delivered a sermon in May 1910 following the death of King Edward VII, titled Death the King of Terrors, in which he explores the natural but seemingly contradictory responses to death: the fear of the unexplained and the belief in continuity. It is from his discussion of the latter that perhaps his best-known writing, Death is nothing at all, is drawn.

Source

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Antagenet (20th May 2015), Circe (20th May 2015), Conde (21st May 2015), damian (20th May 2015), Gaia (20th May 2015), greybeard (20th May 2015), Guish (20th May 2015), guyres (21st May 2015), jjjones (20th May 2015), Joe Sustaire (20th May 2015), joeecho (20th May 2015), Joy_P (20th May 2015), JRS (20th May 2015), Maunagarjana (20th May 2015), NicoD (20th May 2015), panpravda (20th May 2015), partsdale (20th May 2015), Philaletheian (20th May 2015), sandy (20th May 2015), Selene (20th May 2015), selinam (20th May 2015), silverfish (20th May 2015), Star Tsar (20th May 2015), Tesseract (20th May 2015), The Alley Cat (20th May 2015), Watching from Cyprus (20th May 2015), WhiteFeather (20th May 2015), Wind (20th May 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Default Re: Death Is Nothing At All

Beautifully written piece.

Death is nothing at all but tell that to your feet and legs when you're on the edge of a precipice and you are telling them to jump! Tell them legs and feet that it's just like stepping off a small street curb.

4. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

J'aime! This prayer is often read at funerals. It is attributed to Charles Peguy , according to a text of St. Augustine (354-430 ) . But it actually originated in a sermon on death, delivered by the Irish Canon Henry Scott Holland (1847-1918) in St Paul's Cathedral in 1910, during the exposure of the body of King Edward VII at Westminster. The extract Death is nothing at all , which led to the French text ( translation of Charles Peguy ? ) Is sometimes called in French Ne pleurez pas . A few variations, this is the same text that is found , and this is in fact a translation of the English text.

Ne pleurez pas

La mort n’est rien, je suis simplement passé dans la pièce à côté.

Je suis moi, vous êtes vous.

Ce que nous étions les uns pour les autres,

Nous le sommes toujours.

Donnez-moi le nom que vous m’avez toujours donné,

Parlez-moi comme vous l’avez toujours fait,

N’employez pas un ton solennel ou triste,

Continuez à rire de ce qui nous faisait rire ensemble,

Priez, souriez, pensez à moi,

Que mon nom soit prononcé comme il l’a toujours été,

Sans emphase d’aucune sorte, sans trace d’ombre,

La vie signifie tout ce qu’elle a toujours signifié,

Elle est ce qu’elle a toujours été.

Le fil n’est pas coupé,

Simplement parce que je suis hors de votre vue.

Je vous attends. Je ne suis pas loin.

Juste de l’autre côté du chemin.

Vous voyez : tout est bien.
    Last edited by Gaia; 20th May 2015 at 01:06.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Guish (20th May 2015), JChombre (21st May 2015), joeecho (20th May 2015), Philaletheian (20th May 2015), rgray222 (20th May 2015), Selene (20th May 2015), Star Tsar (20th May 2015), Wind (20th May 2015)

6. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

1 Corinthians 15:26 "The last enemy that will be abolished is death."

Physical death is a mechanical unconscious process.

Yet the "Way" is to consciously learn how to transcend physical death.

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

Hello Siblings,

for those of you seeking an english translation of Gaia's french above, here it is:

Death is nothing, I'm just happened in the next room.

I am me, you are you.

What we were for each other,

We still are.

Give me the name you have always given me,

Speak to me as you have always done,

Do not use a tone solemn or sad,

Continue to laugh at what made us laugh together,

Pray, smile, think of me,

My name to be pronounced as it always has been,

Without emphasis of any kind, without shadow trace,

Life means all that it has always meant,

It is what it always was.

The thread is not cut,

Just because I'm out of your sight.

I'm waiting for you. I'm not far away.

Just on the other side of the road.

You see, all is well.

And all Canadian's secretly wish they were American.
    be happy ;-)

lucidity

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

avid (24th May 2015), Guish (23rd May 2015), joeecho (20th May 2015), Jordan (20th May 2015), rgray222 (20th May 2015), Selene (20th May 2015), WhiteFeather (20th May 2015), Wind (20th May 2015)

9. Link to Post #6
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,226 times in 1,108 posts

Death is a perfectly natural aspect of life – a normal part of our life cycle.

Why are we afraid of our natural life cycle?

We are born – we live here – we leave, to return to another realm and come back here again.

Is this so difficult? We have each done this countless times before – we will do it many times again. Birth, life, death.

In death comes – perhaps – the truth of a fear of a life lived in untruth, of offenses committed against our better natures, of our personal failures. And of our own stern judgment against ourselves for these; we are our own worst jailers.

And until we learn the heart’s truth of compassion for ourselves, of true forgiveness for our own souls, we will have learned very little worth knowing.

We are our own deepest jailers. Death, itself, is only another state of life.

With great regards,

Selene
    Last edited by Selene; 20th May 2015 at 03:26.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

avid (24th May 2015), conk (22nd May 2015), Guish (23rd May 2015), joeecho (20th May 2015), Jordan (20th May 2015), rgray222 (20th May 2015), Watching from Cyprus (20th May 2015), WhiteFeather (20th May 2015), Wind (20th May 2015)

11. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

we all in here can agree Death is part of life a natural thing the problem is people have low conscious mind learn nothing from it still attached to physicality not try to be who we really are...Society of Fear is the cause of it and we are so far knowing from the Truth.

one of the thing is it's easy to talk but might be hard due to the memories of the love ones.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Guish (23rd May 2015), joeecho (20th May 2015), rgray222 (20th May 2015)

13. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Thumbs up Re: Death Is Nothing At All

Seth Speaks on death. Interesting words, and if I may interject here.

Chapter 9:

Death is what we make of it. Just as in life, we create our own scenes and stage settings, so death is also what we expect it to be. If you are deeply religious - then that is what you find on the other side of life. Your particular guides will look like angels. If you believe in Allah, then it will be that particular scenario that will greet you. If you are attached to physical life, well, then you may have a harder time separating yourself from life, and may find yourself clinging to your body. These hallucinations begin directly after death, but only last a certain amount of time. But in every case - the after-death experience is unique to the individual.

There is no separate, indivisible, specific point of death, instead, just as life is in a state of becoming, death is also part of the state of becoming. Just as the cells in our body die and are reborn on a daily basis, without our realizing this is happening, so, too, are we dying and being reborn. If our cells did not die and be replenished our physical image could not continue to exist. At the same time, consciousness, as stated previously, flickers and blinks on and off. In fact our bodies are completely replaced over periods of time. We do not have have the same body that we did ten years ago. Everything has been completely replaced over time. Every cell, every membrane. So we are alive - even while we are dying.

Our consciousness may withdraw from our bodies slowly or quickly depending on many variables. We are not left alone - there are guides and teachers to explain the conditions and circumstances. The after-death experience is anything but somber, on the contrary, they are generally far more intense and joyful than the reality we now know. We will be learning to operate in a new system with different laws. These laws are far less limiting than the ones we operate under now. We need to learn and understand these new freedoms, including the creative potency of thoughts and emotions. An individual may find themselves in ten different scenarios in a blink of an eye, not understanding they are doing it themselves.

You may, or may not, meet friends and relatives on the other side depending on personal preferences immediately following death. You may find yourself far more interested in people that you knew in past lives than those you were close to in this life. Your true feelings towards relatives that have already passed over are known to you and to them, by the way. There is no hypocrisy on that side of the veil. Your own motives will also be crystal clear. You will not be automatically wise if you were not so in life, neither will there be a way to hide from your own feelings, emotions, or motives.

You examine the fabric of the life you have left and you learn how your experiences were the result of your own thoughts and emotions and how these affected others. (Sounds like the "life review.") After you work through this life you begin to be aware of all of your other lives, and begin preparations to return to your next physical existence.

Your consciousness may leave your body before physical death. The simple consciousness of atoms, cells, and organs can continue to exist for some time after the main consciousness has left the body. There may, or may not, be disorientation according to our beliefs and developments upon death, but often there is immediate recognition of the situation. In fact it was stated that there are many deceased that attend their own funerals. Many of us are overjoyed to find we still have consciousness after death, and some are fully aware of their circumstances because of previous training and development and are ready, after a brief rest, to progress to other stages.

For those who are firmly fixed in illness there may be hospitals and rest homes, with the patient not yet realizing there is nothing wrong with them. There are also training centers, whereby the nature of reality is explained in accordance with the individual's ability to understand. These training centers contain certain classes in which instruction is given to those wishing to return to the physical environment. (Hmmm, classes, I think I'm going to like this place...)

There are those that are so thoroughly focused in this reality that they refuse to believe they are dead and may continue to focus their attention on those they knew in this life. There are those that are so engrossed in a particular project that they may try to complete it. Some who have hated their body are strangely drawn to it after death. You also may be able to become whatever age you imagine yourself for a certain period of time. An old woman may find herself young and vital, finding her form corresponding with an inner image she carries of herself. Others may take the form where they had a particular point of greatest mental or emotional height, regardless of age or beauty. You will feel comfortable in the form that you choose.

We react to a certain set of assumptions that we have all agreed upon in this reality. After death we merely divest ourselves of physical paraphernalia, tune into different fields, and react to a different set of assumptions.

Link http://lifeinthesecondhalf.blogspot....pter-nine.html

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 20th May 2015 at 11:44.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

avid (24th May 2015), Conde (21st May 2015), ginnyk (20th May 2015), greybeard (20th May 2015), Guish (20th May 2015), joeecho (20th May 2015), rgray222 (20th May 2015), Rich (21st May 2015), Selene (20th May 2015), silverfish (20th May 2015), ulli (21st May 2015), Wind (20th May 2015)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,290 times in 1,094 posts

Your Avatar reminds me of a young David Bowie. Forgive me for leaving topic.....

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to truth4me For This Post:

Guish (23rd May 2015), rgray222 (21st May 2015), WhiteFeather (21st May 2015)

17. Link to Post #10
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

to enrich this topic: please do the research on the former Finnish health minister Rauni Kilde who recently passed; her incredible legacy is (I hope still) available on YouTube; she stated: "there is no death"-

Kilde must have been an insider-

Larry

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Guish (23rd May 2015), rgray222 (21st May 2015), Rich (21st May 2015), WhiteFeather (21st May 2015), Wind (21st May 2015)

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Retired Member JChombre's Avatar
    Thanks

Dear WhiteFeather,

Thank you for posting this book by Jane Roberts.

I don't mean to move away from death, the topic of this thread but I came across "Seth Speaks" in the most mysterious way, some 25 years ago... and my life, which up to that point, was deeply anchored in the beliefs and ways of the catholic church, completely changed irreversibly after that...

At 1:08:56, "...Christ the historical Christ was not crucified. He had no intension of dying in that manner but others felt that to fulfill the prophesy in all ways, crucifixion was a necessity. Christ did not take part in it..."

This is just am amazing ,and I am saving this recording in my YouTube account.

Thanks again.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JChombre For This Post:

Guish (23rd May 2015), rgray222 (23rd May 2015), Rich (21st May 2015), WhiteFeather (21st May 2015)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Last edited by Conde; 21st May 2015 at 06:49.
    Life is MAGICAL, Death is NORMAL, most Humans are CRUEL.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Conde For This Post:

Guish (23rd May 2015), rgray222 (21st May 2015), WhiteFeather (21st May 2015)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Life is MAGICAL, Death is NORMAL, most Humans are CRUEL.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Conde For This Post:

Guish (23rd May 2015), rgray222 (23rd May 2015), Rich (21st May 2015), WhiteFeather (21st May 2015)

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Thumbs up Re: Death Is Nothing At All

Quote Posted by JChombre (here)
    Dear WhiteFeather,

Thank you for posting this book by Jane Roberts.

I don't mean to move away from death, the topic of this thread but I came across "Seth Speaks" in the most mysterious way, some 25 years ago... and my life, which up to that point, was deeply anchored in the beliefs and ways of the catholic church, completely changed irreversibly after that...

At 1:08:56, "...Christ the historical Christ was not crucified. He had no intension of dying in that manner but others felt that to fulfill the prophesy in all ways, crucifixion was a necessity. Christ did not take part in it..."

This is just am amazing ,and I am saving this recording in my YouTube account.

Thanks again.
    Your welcome. I to found this of importance as mentioned by Seth. And if you will, also my belief that Christ was not crucified. But I do believe of his existence here physically on this planet. I'm glad you enjoyed that nugget my friend.

Indeed we are all 1 tribe........

Vince
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

greybeard (22nd May 2015), Guish (23rd May 2015), rgray222 (21st May 2015)

27. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Good little book on how we program ourselves about death. We don't necessarily have to die, but as we fully expect to, we do. Ageless Living, by Mony Vital.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

avid (24th May 2015), greybeard (22nd May 2015), Grizz Griswold (25th May 2015), Guish (23rd May 2015), Meggings (23rd May 2015), rgray222 (23rd May 2015), WhiteFeather (9th June 2015), Wind (22nd May 2015)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

Kisa Gautami was a young woman from a wealthy family who was happily married to an important merchant. When her only son was one-year-old, he fell ill and died suddenly. Kisa Gautami was struck with grief, she could not bare the death of her only child. Weeping and groaning, she took her dead baby in her arms and went from house to house begging all the people in the town for news of a way to bring her son back to life.

Of course, nobody could help her but Kisa Gautami would not give up. Finally she came across a Buddhist who advised her to go and see the Buddha himself.

When she carried the dead child to the Buddha and told Him her sad story, He listened with patience and compassion, and then said to her, "Kisa Gautami, there is only one way to solve your problem. Go and find me four or five mustard seeds from any family in which there has never been a death."

Kisa Gautami was filled with hope, and set off straight away to find such a household. But very soon she discovered that every family she visited had experienced the death of one person or another. At last, she understood what the Buddha had wanted her to find out for herself — that suffering is a part of life, and death comes to us all. Once Kisa Guatami accepted the fact that death is inevitable, she could stop her grieving. She took the child's body away and later returned to the Buddha to become one of His followers.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

avid (24th May 2015), conk (27th May 2015), Grizz Griswold (25th May 2015), rgray222 (24th May 2015), silverfish (28th May 2015), WhiteFeather (9th June 2015), Wind (23rd May 2015)

+ Reply to Thread