+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bin Ladin's Bookshelf

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default Bin Ladin's Bookshelf

Recently, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence posted a lot of materials associated with their investigation of Bin Laden. I'll post the link to the site itself, a little later in this piece, but before that, I'd like to remark on the contents of his bookshelf, i.e.:

There are many books that would not be out of place in the homes of most Avalonians. I have copies of several of the same books. "The Secret Teachings of All Ages" by Manley P. Hall is one I will quickly admit to, for example, as well as Chomsky's "Necessary Illusions" masterpiece. It would appear that his (B L's) interests were much the same as mine, with respect to religious study, the Illuminati, the history of American transgressions throughout the world, the nature of the Federal Reserve and banking corruption in general and even conspiracies associated with 911. Notably absent: a Koran (although his would probably have been kept in a separate and sacred place in his home) Most interesting, to me, was the 1977 Select Committee on Intelligence's report on the MK Ultra program.

Makes one wonder about the possibility of him having been a member here.

Intro from the site:

On May 20, 2015, the ODNI released a sizeable tranche of documents recovered during the raid on the compound used to hide Usama bin Ladin. The release, which followed a rigorous interagency review, aligns with the President’s call for increased transparency–consistent with national security prerogatives–and the 2014 Intelligence Authorization Act, which required the ODNI to conduct a review of the documents for release.

The release contains two sections. The first is a list of non-classified, English-language material found in and around the compound. The second is a selection of now-declassified documents.

The Intelligence Community will be reviewing hundreds more documents in the near future for possible declassification and release. An interagency taskforce under the auspices of the White House and with the agreement of the DNI is reviewing all documents which supported disseminated intelligence cables, as well as other relevant material found around the compound. All documents whose publication will not hurt ongoing operations against al-Qa‘ida or their affiliates will be released.

Bookshelf Contents List:

The 2030 Spike by Colin Mason
    A Brief Guide to Understanding Islam by I. A. Ibrahim
    America’s Strategic Blunders by Willard Matthias
    America’s “War on Terrorism” by Michel Chossudovsky
    Al-Qaeda’s Online Media Strategies: From Abu Reuter to Irhabi 007 by Hanna Rogan
    The Best Democracy Money Can Buy by Greg Palast
    The Best Enemy Money Can Buy by Anthony Sutton
    Black Box Voting, Ballot Tampering in the 21st Century by Bev Harris
    Bloodlines of the Illuminati by Fritz Springmeier
    Bounding the Global War on Terror by Jeffrey Record
    Checking Iran’s Nuclear Ambitions by Henry Sokolski and Patrick Clawson
    Christianity and Islam in Spain 756-1031 A.D. by C. R. Haines
    Civil Democratic Islam: Partners, Resources, and Strategies by Cheryl Benard
    Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins
    Conspirators’ Hierarchy: The Committee of 300 by John Coleman
    Crossing the Rubicon by Michael Ruppert
    Fortifying Pakistan: The Role of U.S. Internal Security Assistance (only the book’s introduction) by C. Christine Fair and Peter Chalk
    Guerilla Air Defense: Antiaircraft Weapons and Techniques for Guerilla Forces by James Crabtree
    Handbook of International Law by Anthony Aust
    Hegemony or Survival: America’s Quest for Global Dominance by Noam Chomsky
    Imperial Hubris by Michael Scheuer
    In Pursuit of Allah’s Pleasure by Asim Abdul Maajid, Esaam-ud-Deen and Dr. Naahah Ibrahim
    International Relations Theory and the Asia-Pacific by John Ikenberry and Michael Mastandano
    Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions since World War II by William Blum
    Military Intelligence Blunders by John Hughes-Wilson
    Project MKULTRA, the CIA’s program of research in behavioral modification. Joint hearing before the Select Committee on Intelligence and the Subcommittee on Health and Scientific Research of the Committee on Human Resources, United States Senate, Ninety-fifth Congress, first session, August 3, 1977. United States. Congress. Senate. Select Committee on Intelligence.
    Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies by Noam Chomsky
    New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions about the Bush Administration and 9/11 by David Ray Griffin
    New Political Religions, or Analysis of Modern Terrorism by Barry Cooper
    Obama’s Wars by Bob Woodward
    Oxford History of Modern War by Charles Townsend
    The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers by Paul Kennedy
    Rogue State: A Guide to the World’s Only Superpower by William Blum
    The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly Hall (1928)
    Secrets of the Federal Reserve by Eustace Mullins
    The Taking of America 1-2-3 by Richard Sprague
    Unfinished Business, U.S. Overseas Military Presence in the 21st Century by Michael O’Hanlon
    The U.S. and Vietnam 1787-1941 by Robert Hopkins Miller
    “Website Claims Steve Jackson Games Foretold 9/11,” article posted on ICV2.com (this file contained only a single saved web page)

And here's the link to the site:

http://www.dni.gov/index.php/resourc...kshelf?start=3

Happy Conjecturing!

Brian
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Baby Steps (20th May 2015), Cidersomerset (21st May 2015), Flash (21st May 2015), Gaia (20th May 2015), Kryztian (20th May 2015), Matt P (20th May 2015), Nasu (20th May 2015), Omni (21st May 2015), shadowstalker (20th May 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (20th May 2015), Wind (21st May 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Default Re: Bin Ladin's Bookshelf

Thanks for posting this. I call bs on the whole thing, in my opinion, the facts point to him dying sometime in late 2001 and being buried in the Pashtun mountains.. So we storm his hideout, kill the highest value target in our lifetime by mistake, scoop up all his pot, books and memoirs about how he did 911 at al, then bury him at sea without any pictures coming to light... I call bs on the whole thing.. As for his reading list, maybe THEY are making a case for those publications to be banned? I can't see the play here, I just know that there is one.... N
    Last edited by Nasu; 20th May 2015 at 20:22.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

awakeningmom (21st May 2015), Cidersomerset (21st May 2015), Flash (21st May 2015), Gaia (20th May 2015), Matt P (20th May 2015), Omni (20th May 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (20th May 2015), ulli (21st May 2015), Wind (21st May 2015), Xanth (20th May 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Oh my goodness. Maybe those books got him on the watch list? j/k

A few years ago, my family had a yard sale. This totally creepy bald guy showed up,
    acted kind of full of himself, picked up a book I was getting rid of.

It was a book about Hitler, one of those show and tell or reader's digest rags.
    This fellow, picked up the book, looked at me and said,

"You know, the amazing thing about Hitler is how he got all those people to do what he wanted"

needless to say i was speechless and charged him a dollar for the book.
    he seemed offended. LMAO

I wonder if the same sort of people who haunted my harmless yard sale,
    haunted him!

Libraries are dangerous because they build minds!

And according to the film "November Man",
    the agencies aren't after intelligence, they're after people!

"what we do is find and collect people" ~November Man

Super super creepy stuff.

6. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Bin Laden’s ‘bookshelf’ shows his interest in conspiracy theories. The al-Qaeda leader’s reading list included a work about 9/11 by philosopher David Ray Griffin, who argues the Twin Towers more likely collapsed because of explosives than because of the aeroplanes that crashed into their side. New Pearl Harbor by David Ray Griffin: Disturbing Questions about the Bush Administration and 9/11 That' cute! Isn't it!
    Last edited by Gaia; 20th May 2015 at 20:20.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st May 2015), Nasu (20th May 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (20th May 2015), Wind (21st May 2015)

8. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Quote Posted by Gaia (here)
    Bin Laden’s ‘bookshelf’ shows his interest in conspiracy theories. The al-Qaeda leader’s reading list included a work about 9/11 by philosopher David Ray Griffin, who argues the Twin Towers more likely collapsed because of explosives than because of the aeroplanes that crashed into their side. New Pearl Harbor by David Ray Griffin: Disturbing Questions about the Bush Administration and 9/11 That' cute! Isn't it!
    I wonder if the FBI will start considering the hacker angle, due to the recent scandal with the researcher hacking into flight control systems,
    was in the news last week!

The hacker angle in regards to 9/11, of course

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,035 times in 3,480 posts

I would put quotes around the name "Bin Laden" - who's books were these really? As we know, Osama Bin Laden definitely died in 2002, or 2003 or was I 2001? Well, who knows, but most definitely not on May 2nd, 2011, just in time to give Obama a boost for the election. After reading the Hersh story, which he seems to believe was the real Osama (it could have been one his doubles there), one has to wonder, how the Seal Team Six, which had to rush in and out of the compound with Osama body's (or the body double) and get back to the helicopters in minutes to avoid a shootout, had time to inventory the library???

This leaves a lot of questions about who's book list this really is and why is it being released to the world now, just after the Seymour Hersh story comes out. Perhaps Bin Laden lived in this place at one time and those really are his books? Or did someone at the CIA just make the list up? I have to wonder if Bin Laden had the intelligence to read Noam Chomsky and some of these other authors, even in Arabic, let alone in English.

One thing seems clear, whoever released this list wanted to get this message out there: if you read books doubting the official story of 9/11, books that ask if there are secret groups and secret societies that run the world, then, you are a dangerous person, just like Bin Laden, willing to wage Jihad on the good mass media watching popcorn crunching citizens of the U.S.A.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st May 2015), Fellow Aspirant (20th May 2015), Flash (21st May 2015), Gaia (20th May 2015), Nasu (20th May 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (20th May 2015), Wind (21st May 2015)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,069 times in 2,400 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    I have to wonder if Bin Laden had the intelligence to read Noam Chomsky and some of these other authors, even in Arabic, let alone in English.
    Do you have some evidence, even anecdotal, that he was lacking intelligence?

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st May 2015), Fellow Aspirant (20th May 2015), Flash (21st May 2015), Nasu (21st May 2015), Tangri (21st May 2015), The Alley Cat (21st May 2015)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Likely released this info to associate conspiracy researchers with terrorists IMO.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

awakeningmom (21st May 2015), Cidersomerset (21st May 2015), Fellow Aspirant (20th May 2015), Flash (21st May 2015), Gaia (20th May 2015), Octavusprime (21st May 2015), ulli (21st May 2015), Wind (21st May 2015)

15. Link to Post #9
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

if my read sources are correct Osama bin Deadawhile died in a US military hospital in Dubai in December 2001; then add Benazir Bhutto's testemony on the David Frost show just one month before she was assassinated where she stated a certain "Omar Scheich" (had supposedly funded Mohammed Atta re: 9/11) yanked Osama permanently around a corner...

Larry

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st May 2015), Flash (21st May 2015), Gaia (20th May 2015), Nasu (21st May 2015), ulli (21st May 2015)

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I think they released this information to coincide with Rand Paul's filibuster against reauthorizing the Patriot Act. They're trying to gin up support for the reauthorizing of the liberty-violating Patriot Act by showing what information treasures the government and intelligence agencies are supposedly able to acquire if we only give these "experts" complete freedom in their actions. I am, like many, very skeptical that Bin Laden was even at the compound during the Bin Laden raid, and this is likely another public relations ploy by the intelligence agencies to make themselves look good.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MillsReef1776 For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st May 2015), Flash (21st May 2015), Nasu (21st May 2015), Wind (21st May 2015)

19. Link to Post #11
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)
    Likely released this info to associate conspiracy researchers with terrorists IMO.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Convenient timing for sure.
    (Insert signature here)

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st May 2015), Flash (21st May 2015), Omni (21st May 2015), Wind (21st May 2015)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,035 times in 3,480 posts

Quote Posted by Anakie (here)
    I have to wonder if Bin Laden had the intelligence to read Noam Chomsky and some of these other authors, even in Arabic, let alone in English.
    The average college graduate in the U.S.A. does not have the ability to read Chomsky in their own language. I am not saying Bin Laden lacked intelligence, I am saying that he has been portrayed in the U.S. media as being a fundamentalist, not an intellectual interested in deeper ideas.

I've read some dense stuff from Aristotle to Heidegger, and I think I could read Chomsky, but not with ease, and to read him in a foreign language would be an agony for me. If Bin Laden did read Chomsky in English, he was certainly a very, very different person that the one who we hear about on CNN.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st May 2015), Flash (21st May 2015), Tangri (21st May 2015)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

I care Bin Laden not more than Valarie Plame. I am not sure on his intelligence level but I am sure he was the member of the some Intelligence Agency.

Your comment on his intelligence level, put me to assume, yours.

How can I comment on Valarie Plame's intelligence?
    Last edited by Tangri; 21st May 2015 at 05:14.
    Love and Hope

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st May 2015)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by Anakie (here)
    The average college graduate in the U.S.A. does not have the ability to read Chomsky in their own language. I am not saying Bin Laden lacked intelligence, I am saying that he has been portrayed in the U.S. media as being a fundamentalist, not an intellectual interested in deeper ideas.

I've read some dense stuff from Aristotle to Heidegger, and I think I could read Chomsky, but not with ease, and to read him in a foreign language would be an agony for me. If Bin Laden did read Chomsky in English, he was certainly a very, very different person that the one who we hear about on CNN.
    Now you are on right track.
    Love and Hope

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st May 2015), Kryztian (21st May 2015)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

If the news about this list isn't pure propaganda then I don't know what is.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st May 2015), Gaia (21st May 2015), Kryztian (21st May 2015), Nasu (21st May 2015), Omni (21st May 2015)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,647 times in 18,693 posts

Quote If the news about this list isn't pure propaganda then I don't know what is.
    Exactly what I thought when I saw the BBC article last night.................

Post...#1

Worlds Apart ? BLATENT PROPAGANDA ? .......Bin Laden 'focused on US to the end', papers show

Looking at the heading under conspiracy I was not sure whether to post this under 9/11
    or mind control as this account as far as many are concerned is a real 'government
    conspiracy'. I was just looking at the BBC headline page and this article has been
    recently posted via BBC north America by the looks of it and I wonder if it was timed
    to counter the publicity last week by Seymour Hersh , saying the US government lied
    about aspects of the assassination of the supposed ailing Bin Laden . Which in itself
    is suspect if you follow what has been happening pre and post 9/11.

Bin Laden 'focused on US to the end', papers show
    14 minutes ago
    From the section US & Canada
    A BBC journalist looking at the website

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...832#post962832

========================================================
    ========================================================

Post...#2....https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...820#post962820

This is just as bad .........The mail is a Right wing outlet.

Quote left-wing radical Noam Chomsky before his death
    They name Noam quite a few times in the article below , which
    shows the mails colours on this issue unfortunately.

=========================================================

Bin Laden's bookshelf: Al Qaeda leader was reading about 9/11 conspiracy theories,
    the illuminati and the works of left-wing radical Noam Chomsky before his death

The 9/11 mastermind had works by left-wing liberals Noam Chomsky and
    Michael Scheuer along with the Oxford History of Modern War

Bin Laden also had 75 publicly available U.S. Government documents about
    the threat of al Qaeda and nuclear power in Iran and Syria

Had a US State Department application for a passport via mail

Trove of letters revealed bin Laden was obsessed with microscopic bugs from
    spies and believed drones could be avoided on cloudy days

By Louise Boyle For Daily Mail Online and Afp

Published: 15:09, 20 May 2015 | Updated: 20:35, 20 May 2015

Bin Laden's bookshelf: The al Qaeda leader had articles on 9/11 conspiracy theories
    along with left-wing liberal works by Noam Chomsky at his Pakistan compound

A newly-released list of Osama bin Laden's 'bookshelf' has revealed the al Qaeda
    leader was obsessed with 9/11 conspiracy theories and U.S. military strategy along
    with dabbling in works about the Illuminati bloodlines and magic.The titles of
    hundreds of books, journals and newspaper articles recovered during the raid on
    bin Laden's Pakistani compound were published by the Office of the Director of
    National Intelligence on Wednesday.Dozens of letters written by bin Laden to his
    family and senior members of al Qaeda were also released.

Works by left-wing liberals Noam Chomsky and Michael Scheuer were recovered
    from the bin Laden home along with the Oxford History of Modern War and
    Bloodlines of the Illuminati by Fritz Springmeier.

The 9/11 mastermind was killed in Abbottabad, Pakistan on May 2, 2011, by
    U.S. Navy SEAL Team Six.

Jeff Anchukaitis, spokesman for the US Director of National Intelligence's office,
    said the release of 'a sizeable tranche of documents recovered during the raid'
    was in keeping with President Obama's call for 'increased transparency'.

The glut of intelligence information also comes just a week after the White House
    was forced to deny that Pakistan had been told in advance about the 2011 U.S.
    special ops raid that led to bin Laden's death.

Veteran U.S. journalist Seymour Hersh claimed in a British publication earlier this
    month that Pakistan's security services not only knew about the raid, but had been
    holding bin Laden prisoner since 2006.

That account was rejected by the White House.

Scroll down for video

Part of a letter titled 'Verbally released doc for Naseer trial' recovered during the 2011
    raid on al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's compound in Pakistan

epa04758836 An undated handout picture provided by the Office of United States Director
    of Central Intelligence (ODNI) on 20 May 2015 of a letter titled 'A Letter to the Sunnah
    people in Syria' recovered during the 2011 raid on al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's
    compound in Pakistan. The US government on 20 May 2015 released a list of now
    declassified documents recovered during the 2011 raid on al-Qaeda leader Osama bin
    Laden's compound in Pakistan that provide insight into the terrorist leader's thinking in
    the years before he was killed. The list of documents includes hundreds of letters to
    family members and associates as well as statements on anti-government demonstrations
    in Egypt, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and other current events.
    EPA/ODNI/HANDOUT HANDOUT EDITORIAL USE ONLY

Part of a letter titled 'Verbally released doc for Naseer trial' recovered during the 2011 raid on
    al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's compound in Pakistan (left) and right, a decorative
    document titled 'A Letter to the Sunnah people in Syria'

As part of the National Intelligence agency release today, a total of 39 English language books
    were listed on a broad range of subjects - from a Handbook of International Law to an
    encyclopedic work on mystical religions called The Secret Teachings of All Ages.

Bin Laden also had the work of 9/11 conspiracy theorists including the saved, single web page
    of an article titled, 'Website Claims Steve Jackson Games Foretold 9/11'.

Many of the titles on bin Laden's shelves related to America's role as a military superpower in
    the modern world.

'Unfinished Business, U.S. Overseas Military Presence in the 21st Century' by Michael O'Hanlon
    was found along with 'Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower' by William Blum;
    and New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions about the Bush Administration and 9/11 by David Ray Griffin.

He appeared not only fixated on George W Bush's tactics post-9/11 but also with President Obama's role.

A copy of investigative journalist, Bob Woodward's work, Obama's Wars, was found in the terrorist den.

Left-wing liberal works by renowned thinker Noam Chomsky were found (left) along with a book titled
    'Bloodlines of the Iluminati', according to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence

Theres is more in the article see link below.......................

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3aiEHh1jw
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...820#post962820

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Fellow Aspirant (21st May 2015), Gaia (21st May 2015), Kryztian (21st May 2015), Nasu (21st May 2015)

+ Reply to Thread