Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Earth stopped rotating in ancient times - according to Gregg Braden

1. Link to Post #21
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Default Re: The Earth stopped rotating in ancient times - according to Gregg Braden

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Quote Posted by Azt (here)
    Anything is possible but
    Quote The earth stopped rotating according to Gregg Braden
    is a bit too much ... otherwise we would not have day and night nowadays (like we normally have) if that was true.
    Yes but it only stopped for three days then resumed rotating/
    Hence the accounts of three days of darkness or light depending where you lived on Earth.

Chris
    From my experiences with reading esoteric materials many terms are symbolic, when they deal with alternative dimensions.
    Our sense of time is governed by our clocks, and hence linear.
    Yet from higher perspectives a "day" equals a "year" and even 1000 years.
    And "stopping" could well mean arrested development.
    I would not ever think of these prophecies in literal terms.
    Yes Ulll l agree regarding prophecies and time.

However Gregg is very specific in quoting various ancient text from different parts of the world---its not a future event in that it seems that it did actually happen.
    His talk is long but interesting and covers a lot of ground in an understandable way.
    Seems that the magnetic poles have reversed up to 14 times and there is scientific proof of this.
    There is also scientific proof at least according to Gregg that the rotation of the earth is currently slowing down
    The title of the video Zero Point refers to zero magnetism and other phenomena.

I think the full video, as posted by Paula, requires several viewings to get a hang of it and that is quite time consuming, but worth it I think.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

RunningDeer (22nd May 2015), transiten (22nd May 2015), ulli (22nd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (22nd May 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Default Re: The Earth stopped rotating in ancient times - according to Gregg Braden

What thought might you guys have about why Gregg told his private story in connection with this scientific lecture?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

aranuk (22nd May 2015), greybeard (22nd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015)

5. Link to Post #23
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

Yep!

Sure!

The earth quit swinging from time to time

Actually, she does that every year!

Well... twice a year, really.

Yep! She does that every year for three (3) days and not that many people notice it. She goes smooth as oil on stormy waters...

Let me do some 'splaining:

First one has to be aware and beware of the end results of Chinese whispers going the length of China's Great Wall, time-wise. The starting story and the ending, current one may still -- maybe -- have one or two words in common, at best. The rest got lost via misunderstanding, mishearing, misinterpretation, mistranslation, Mercury retrogrades, etc... see, because Mercury and Venus keep doing that too: one day they can be seen on the eastern horizon then they go dark and disappear to reappear on the Western horizon... chucks! What happened?

So, maybe the story came from someone looking at Earth from Mars or Jupiter?

Imagine the cold sweat someone playing with sticky sticks, menhirs or mountain peaks and their shadows the day that individual noticed the shadow quit moving, neither up nor down... and for three (3) consecutive days!

For some mysterious reasons, that shadow length is most noticeable during the winter; although a similar thing occurs during summer time... so that during darkness times, the skies are frozen in place and quit moving for three (3) days!

Waooowww... scary sh*t!

Time to appease the gods and warm up the skies... with a burning log... and Yule Tide was born out of the collective imagination ... and fellows with an inclination for geometric arts started scratching their heads... to come up with the winter solstice... then, like us now, they face an insurmountable problem: how to pass on knowledge to an ignorant people?

Celtic people choreographed their knowledge of Equinox precessions into a dance which visually describes the motion of stars on a 24 repeat of steps getting everyone back to their initial position. So did the Dogons with the Sirius binary and the Egyptians translated their "Book of the Dead" into a card game known as the "Tarot."

As equally as in our current times, in those times there were people inclined to make a buck out of people's fears and turned "Winter Solstice" into "End of the World" catastrophes... cycles repeating themselves.

Yep, the earth sure stops moving for three (3) days twice a year... but the Great Wall of China length's Chinese Whispers turned the "Quit tilting" into "Quit rotating" probably by quick-buck artists in anticipation of people's fear reactions: "Need to sell your coastal resort to escape to high mountains? I'll do you a favor, I'll buy it from you for a few pennies..."

Anyway, folks, seriously... get an idea of what inertia and gyroscopic effect are and apply it to such a massive body as Earth.

Because, in order to disengage the earth's crust from the earth's core (as in gear-shifting), the size and weight of an impacting object (as in a game of pool/billiard) needed would imply a total smashing of said crust as happened some 3 to 4 billions years ago.

Last edited by Hervé; 25th May 2015 at 01:10.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Agape (22nd May 2015), greybeard (22nd May 2015), transiten (22nd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (22nd May 2015)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,337 times in 4,610 posts

I thought you've got away with the ''Flat Earth Thread'' and now this !!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

greybeard (22nd May 2015), transiten (22nd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    What thought might you guys have about why Gregg told his private story in connection with this scientific lecture?
    Hi transiten
    Think he was pointing out that he was being shown that he was not loving in being judgemental.
    In the science of it if he changed his patterns then he changed his world and therefore every one else as it is holographic.
    So at this time its important to be loving and let go negative thoughts towards others---to be compassionate but discernment required.
    Discernment is not judging, just accepting that people are as they are----you don't have to spend time with people who are not trustworthy though.
    When the lesson is learned the situation changes.
    Its scientific in that the end result is predictable in that change of attitude brings about change---its energetic---you don't have to make change happen it just does. The repeating pattern no longer operates--there is a new one.

That's my understanding--not saying I’m right

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 22nd May 2015 at 14:29.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

aranuk (22nd May 2015), transiten (22nd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (22nd May 2015)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Exactly Greybeard! And the new perspective for me was that the mirroring doesn't necessarily show that you have the same flaws as the mirror but shows your judgemental attitude towards those who have these flaws...veeeery difficult to handle in a loving way. I'm in a situation like this now but not as severe and this gave me something to chew on...

Also I like those researchers who dare to be personal and make these connections, there are some others but not many, David Wilcock is one although most pple think he's got a hughe Ego....
    Last edited by transiten; 22nd May 2015 at 14:51.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

greybeard (22nd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (22nd May 2015)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Well Hervé this seems quite reasonable but does it contradict the fact that there are recurring poleshifts?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

greybeard (22nd May 2015), Hervé (22nd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015)

15. Link to Post #28
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

Well Hervé this seems quite reasonable but does it contradict the fact that there are recurring poleshifts?
    Nothing to do with the price of fish

Because, first of all when one mentions "Poles Shifts" one has to specify what kind: Rotation axis? Intersect of rotation axis with crust? Magnetic?

For the former, see inertia and gyroscope for the inherent difficulty to achieve such. As for the latter, yes, it has happened many times and if a people were using a magnetic compass to determine East and West rather than sun and stars, then, yes, a sun rising at a compass "West" and setting "East" on same compass -- and vice-versa -- has happened many times during earth's geological history. Not sure if it were "humans" who used said compass, though

In any case, a magnetic polarity shift would sure confuse the bejesus out of any living earth organism depending on stable magnetic flux for orientation.
    Last edited by Hervé; 22nd May 2015 at 15:35.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

greybeard (22nd May 2015), transiten (22nd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (22nd May 2015)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Exactly Greybeard! And the new perspective for me was that the mirroring doesn't necessarily show that you have the same flaws as the mirror but shows your judgemental attitude towards those who have these flaws...veeeery difficult to handle in a loving way. I'm in a situation like this now but not as severe and this gave me something to chew on...

Also I like those researchers who dare to be personal and make these connections, there are some others but not many, David Wilcock is one although most pple think he's got a hughe Ego....
    Yes transiten
    I agree whole heartedly---my life has been far from easy in personal relationships but I thank every person who seemed to make it difficult, they taught me to let go of intense jealousy, rejection and a feeling that life was unfair and that I deserved more from these traumatic relationships.
    I am now easy with life and relationships just a they are.

I feel that Gregg is a caring person and professional in his research--that does not necessarily make him right in everything he says, but I would not be in a hurry to throw the baby out with the bath water.
    However which is the bath water and which is the baby--smiling

As he is a qualified geologist I would take it that his research on core samples etc is showing that at least part of his talk is so.
    The fact that he works with Heart Maths is also a strong indicator of his nature.
    It would seem that he has a strong desire to educate people to the fact that raising ones personal consciousness--heart vibration is very important to the survival of the human race and planet earth ---all is connected.
    You make a difference.

Love Chris

Ps whales etc are beaching perhaps because they are affected by the change in position of magnetic poles that is going on.
    Last edited by greybeard; 22nd May 2015 at 15:31.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (22nd May 2015), transiten (22nd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (22nd May 2015)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

If the earth were suddenly to stop rotating, we might all be in deep trouble, because none of us are wearing safety belts. We are travelling up to 40,000 km per day at the equator, which is 1666.666 km per hour. If you suddenly ram on the brakes, you would expect any passengers to be propelled forward like a motorcyclist coming off his bike and smashing into the first fixture in front of him (indeed many supposed fixtures would likely be sheared off as well). If there were a mechanism to prevent this happening, that same mechanism would also prevent any movement around the planet, which is patently not the case.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Agape (22nd May 2015), greybeard (22nd May 2015), transiten (22nd May 2015), ulli (22nd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (22nd May 2015)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    If the earth were suddenly to stop rotating, we might all be in deep trouble, because none of us are wearing safety belts. We are travelling up to 40,000 km per day at the equator, which is 1666.666 km per hour. If you suddenly ram on the brakes, you would expect any passengers to be propelled forward like a motorcyclist coming off his bike and smashing into the first fixture in front of him (indeed many supposed fixtures would likely be sheared off as well). If there were a mechanism to prevent this happening, that same mechanism would also prevent any movement around the planet, which is patently not the case.
    ...not to forget the 1000+ km per hour windstorms, as the atmosphere would continue to move.
    Also ocean waters, desert sands- anything that is not cemented to rock.

To me it all sounds like someone has been reading too many J.G. Ballard novels.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

araucaria (22nd May 2015), greybeard (22nd May 2015), transiten (22nd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (22nd May 2015)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

I just finished watching the whole lecture Running Dear and was considering posting it and now I see you already did! Listen to Greggs personal story in the end with the stunning synchronicities and for me a new perspective on what mirroring in relationships may be!
    Hi Transiten, The mirroring of relationships I find also interesting. I remember about twenty years ago I read somewhere on the internet something similar it went like this: When you are having a heated argument especially with a loved one, mainly spouse or partner there is a certain phenomena going on between the two people. It was I think described as an emotional interface. Lets say my wife screams at me accusing me of not paying her any attention. That message is coming directly to me from my Higher Self. My H.S. is really saying to me, through her, that I don't heed the messages they are sending to me. Anything else she screams at me is my H.S. letting me know more details about the lack of communication. Something like that. Have you heard anything like this Transiten or anyone else hear. I found it very interesting.

Stan
    Last edited by aranuk; 22nd May 2015 at 23:44.
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

Agape (22nd May 2015), greybeard (22nd May 2015), Morbid (23rd May 2015), transiten (23rd May 2015), ulli (22nd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (22nd May 2015)

25. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    araucaria I agree it sure takes a lot of believing and I'm not saying I do or don't.

The only thing in favour of Gregg stating this is the writing of various people in different parts of the world, seemingly in the same period of historic time.
    Cant see why they would write similar accounts if it did not happen in their time.

Gregg did not say it was a sudden dramatic stopping of rotation, more that rotation slowed then came to a halt.
    He himself said that as a Geologist he thought it impossible--then he investigated further.
    I suppose if he wanted he could find proof of this, if it is what he wanted to find.
    In favour of what he said---he is a professional not your man next door---so he is expressing what he believes as a professional scientist at that time.
    As said before that does not make him right on all counts.

Best wishes
    Chris

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

aranuk (22nd May 2015), araucaria (23rd May 2015), partsdale (10th June 2015), transiten (23rd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (22nd May 2015)

27. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member pabranno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,748 times in 320 posts

I just happened to recently read about Padre Pio's letter regarding three days of darkness, January 1950....

Perhaps another expression of the three days of darkness archetype, just different colors.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pabranno For This Post:

aranuk (22nd May 2015), greybeard (22nd May 2015), transiten (23rd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by aranuk (here)
    I just finished watching the whole lecture Running Dear and was considering posting it and now I see you already did! Listen to Greggs personal story in the end with the stunning synchronicities and for me a new perspective on what mirroring in relationships may be!
    Hi Transiten, The mirroring of relationships I find also interesting. I remember about twenty years ago I read somewhere on the internet something similar it went like this: When you are having a heated argument especially with a loved one, mainly spouse or partner there is a certain phenomena going on between the two people. It was I think described as an emotional interface. Lets say my wife screams at me accusing me of not paying her any attention. That message is coming directly to me from my Higher Self. My H.S. is really saying to me, through her, that I don't heed the messages they are sending to me. Anything else she screams at me is my H.S. letting me know more details about the lack of communication. Something like that. Have you heard anything like this Transiten or anyone else hear. I found it very interesting.

Stan
    I can't remember that anything that I say to my wife has any meaning to her as in my own case my wife is not in any way spiritually aware. As far as I can remember it is only the person who is aware of a H.S. that this applies to. Maybe I picked it up wrong. The channeller who I spoke to about this was Daniel Jacobs who channels Reconnections. He is a cool dude.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

greybeard (23rd May 2015), transiten (23rd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Maybe Ulli and Transiten as astrologers will know about this as I do. When there is no understanding or knowledge concerning a specific influence from the stars and the planets in relation to our natal planets then the ignorance of what is happening in relation to the planets is manifested in outer methods. Only when we realise that there is an Astrological effect can we adjust our minds to accept that what is defined. When we do not realise or are ignorant of such an occurrence then things start to manifest in an outer physical way. Ulli, help me out here you know what I am trying to say. I was told by my Higher Self many years ago that they have always been guiding me but I was so immune to the subtle nudges they offered me that they started a new strategy by throwing huge boulders in front of my steps so I would not ignore their messages. They wished that I was not as stubborn or foolhardy as they were preferring the subtle approach which was to no avail with me. So they now go through my wife to tell me things I should know. My wife has no idea at all about this.

Stan

Stan

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

greybeard (23rd May 2015), transiten (23rd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015)

33. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,579 times in 1,719 posts

The great flood as well as three days of darkness are mentioned in the the OT.

Since most things from ancient times have been kept from us and only revealed as myth which they were not I for one have no problem
    believing the things mentioned above,
    Why would those things ever be mentioned if they were not true?

There is more and more evidence coming to light because of more communication between peoples of the Earth.

If there are polar shifts in our near future it'll make things more interesting will it not?

We're living in 'interesting' times as has been observed here on PA.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

greybeard (23rd May 2015), transiten (23rd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (23rd May 2015)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,337 times in 4,610 posts

I think that Astrology is not more or less than a system , more like your computer program ,
    it keeps to the Stars is excellent idea but the system , like an AI is not fully understood yet .

In India , the Kalachakra system , we understand that time revolves in several parallel timelines who interact together in certain cross points or better sequences of crossing time-lines ,
    perpendicularly . It's like the perfect time predicting theory or a program , the game and struggle goes who can approximate the meaning of the timeless reality in all its detail .. we and them ,

our parallel selves are encountering each other between worlds and ..words

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

WhiteFeather (1st June 2015)

37. Link to Post #39
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks to all who posted on the thread.
    With me it is a "May be so".
    Even if it happened in the distant past and some ancient writing says that something out of the ordinary did take place, that does not mean it will happen again.

Chris

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

transiten (23rd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Of interest but view with discretion

There is very little evidence, apart from ancient text, that the sun once rose in the west and set in the east.
    Just an interesting story.

Before the existence of humans there might have been a physical pole shift--other planets have also flipped.

However all this was pre human so no need to be concerned.

So there you go

http://www.universetoday.com/558/did...r-in-the-past/

Here is a fairly recent article

http://www.scientiapress.com/reversi...gains-momentum

There are good reasons to think that Earth has turned over on various occasions. But who can be surprised that this notion—so removed from everyday experience and common sense—seems hard to accept?

The good reasons include telling evidence in myths and narrative testimony of the ancients, embedded patterns in ancient culture that give evidence of an inversion, possible physical evidence, and the insights and arguments of two formidable scientists. Now we can add new reasons that strengthen the case, and we can specify where to find more evidence. We can also see that understanding inversions can not only help us correct errors in interpreting past planetary and Earth science but also provide clues relevant to climate change and other present and future terrestrial phenomena.

- See more at: http://www.scientiapress.com/reversi....uDDsbc7W.dpuf

The above is particularly of interest--much more on that site

http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthre...hanged-before&

http://phys.org/news/2014-03-poles-flip.html

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 23rd May 2015 at 17:50.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

aranuk (23rd May 2015), transiten (23rd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast