+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: The Earth stopped rotating in ancient times - according to Gregg Braden

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Default Re: The Earth stopped rotating in ancient times - according to Gregg Braden

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    If the earth were suddenly to stop rotating, we might all be in deep trouble, because none of us are wearing safety belts. We are travelling up to 40,000 km per day at the equator, which is 1666.666 km per hour. If you suddenly ram on the brakes, you would expect any passengers to be propelled forward like a motorcyclist coming off his bike and smashing into the first fixture in front of him (indeed many supposed fixtures would likely be sheared off as well). If there were a mechanism to prevent this happening, that same mechanism would also prevent any movement around the planet, which is patently not the case.
    araucaria I agree it sure takes a lot of believing and I'm not saying I do or don't.

The only thing in favour of Gregg stating this is the writing of various people in different parts of the world, seemingly in the same period of historic time.
    Cant see why they would write similar accounts if it did not happen in their time.

Gregg did not say it was a sudden dramatic stopping of rotation, more that rotation slowed then came to a halt.
    He himself said that as a Geologist he thought it impossible--then he investigated further.
    I suppose if he wanted he could find proof of this, if it is what he wanted to find.
    In favour of what he said---he is a professional not your man next door---so he is expressing what he believes as a professional scientist at that time.
    As said before that does not make him right on all counts.

Best wishes
    Chris
    Yes Chris, I take you point that it wouldn’t necessarily have to be a sudden stop. If we are on a sine wave, then one would expect on the contrary a very slow turn. If we consider the one we know, the three-day standstill as solstice comes at the end of a slow deceleration/acceleration lasting a full six months, with the fastest periods around the equinoxes. You lose up to four minutes daylight in October, compared with less than a minute in late December and early July. So when Gregg says that the Earth is slowing down with increasing deceleration, but only by tiny amounts, that would seem to put us in a position similar to July rather than December; in other words we are much closer to the last physical pole shift than to the next one. Hence the physical pole shift would be out of phase with the magnetic pole shift, which may well be imminent.

Another area where Gregg is not clear is the c. 3,500 year figure (or for that matter the 11-12,000 year figure). If, as he also states, there have been 14 pole shifts in 4.5 million years, that works out at only one per 320,000 years.

Thanks for an interesting thread. What I take away from most of these discussions is that every time we uncover new data, we also discover that something big is due to happen now. For instance, we find that extinction occur every 6.2 million years then that the last one was 6.2 million years ago – oops! Or that galactic superwaves happen every 13,000 years etc. The commonality of all these instances is that it is our consciousness that has reached a certain point, a crisis, meaning an opportunity and at the same time an imminent threat of death – which is no contradiction, given that our notion of death is the very misconception that this new level of consciousness is in the process of correcting.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Calz (26th May 2015), greybeard (23rd May 2015), seko (5th July 2015), Sierra (4th June 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (23rd May 2015)

3. Link to Post #42
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Default Re: The Earth stopped rotating in ancient times - according to Gregg Braden

Hi araucaria
    thank you for your post.

For me the important point you have pointed to.
    There is a rising of consciousness and that over rides everything.
    At some point death of the body occurs for everyone, it inevitable and certainly not to be feared, though I would rather go quietly in my sleep.
    So time spent on the spiritual evolution of the self, to realise the True Self, is is time well spent.

Best wishes
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

araucaria (23rd May 2015), Calz (26th May 2015), Michael Moewes (23rd May 2015), Sierra (4th June 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (23rd May 2015)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have bumped this as I found more information on the links included

Of interest but view with discretion

There is very little evidence, apart from ancient text, that the sun once rose in the west and set in the east.
    Just an interesting story.

Before the existence of humans there might have been a physical pole shift--other planets have also flipped.

However all this was pre human so no need to be concerned.

So there you go

http://www.universetoday.com/558/did...r-in-the-past/

Here is a fairly recent article

http://www.scientiapress.com/reversi...gains-momentum

There are good reasons to think that Earth has turned over on various occasions. But who can be surprised that this notion—so removed from everyday experience and common sense—seems hard to accept?

The good reasons include telling evidence in myths and narrative testimony of the ancients, embedded patterns in ancient culture that give evidence of an inversion, possible physical evidence, and the insights and arguments of two formidable scientists. Now we can add new reasons that strengthen the case, and we can specify where to find more evidence. We can also see that understanding inversions can not only help us correct errors in interpreting past planetary and Earth science but also provide clues relevant to climate change and other present and future terrestrial phenomena.

- See more at: http://www.scientiapress.com/reversi....uDDsbc7W.dpuf

The above is particularly of interest--much more on that site

http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthre...hanged-before&

http://phys.org/news/2014-03-poles-flip.html

Chris

6. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Sierra (4th June 2015)

7. Link to Post #44
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

I just went thru the whole series. and I really like it. What surprises me is that ther are so little people watching it. Because the information he gives is important.
    That's more reliable as he's a scientist and a spiritual.
    Live healthy, Live vegan

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

greybeard (23rd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015)

9. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michael Moewes (here)
    I just went thru the whole series. and I really like it. What surprises me is that ther are so little people watching it. Because the information he gives is important.
    That's more reliable as he's a scientist and a spiritual.
    Live healthy, Live vegan
    Different things interest different people Michael I suppose.
    However almost 2000 guests have visited this thread.
    Main thing is you got a lot from it.

Thanks for your appreciation

Chris

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Michael Moewes (23rd May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015)

11. Link to Post #46
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Riddle me this.

What happens to the people at the poles when the earth changes direction.
    Because surely the square mileage around the earth's turning axis is not accelerating or decelerating so fast.
    Only the people at the equator or near it would have been flooded out, right?
    What of the polar regions, the high mountains?

Quote http://www.universetoday.com/26623/h...-earth-rotate/

The speed of the Earth’s rotation changes as you go North or South away from the equator. Finally, when you reach one of the Earth’s poles, you’re taking a whole day to just turn once in place – that’s not very fast.

Because you’re spinning around and around on the Earth, there’s a force that wants to spin you off into space; like when you spin a weight on a string. But don’t worry, that force isn’t very strong, and it’s totally overwhelmed by the force of gravity holding you down. The force that wants to throw you into space is only 0.3% the force of gravity. In other words, if the Earth wasn’t spinning, you would weigh 0.3% more than you do right now.
    p.s. in WoW we say "derp!" lol

I bet stuff levitated more than it departed
    Like the scene in the trailer of Depp's Transcendence where the dirt starts coming up from the ground.

That could definitely make the sky dark,
    along with any water precipitation etc.
    lots of Ice falling back down to earth.

I imagine a pole shift starts an ice each most times.
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 23rd May 2015 at 21:26.

12. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi Tesla
    Thanks for your post with diagram
    Hard to say if its global warming or heading for an ice age.
    The temperature has hover around 10c for about six month here and that is below normal for this time of year, yet it was not a severe winter.
    We are probably experiencing climate extremes rather that cooling or heating.

So whether this is just cyclic or something total new, who knows.

Scientists are saying the sun is cooling yet conversely planets are heating up, they dont know why.
    Seems energy not recorded before is coming from the centre of our Universe.

I think Gregg Braden was ahead of his time in pointing to some things on his early video.
    This may or not be so.

Chris

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Calz (26th May 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (25th May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (25th May 2015)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Well there's this theory our whole galaxy has entered an area in the Universe with much higher particle density which will last for some 1000s of years - don't remember exactly now - hence the heating up of the planets but at the same time the suns activity has diminished.

Yes I'm into climate change and places that used to be warm is now cool, wet now dry and vice versa. Climate manipulation by the PTB might add into the cocktail, who can foresee the exact consequences esp now Mercury being retrograde...

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

greybeard (25th May 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (25th May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015), Wind (25th May 2015)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Increasing Cosmic Rays

Driving Force in Climate Changes, Volcanos and Earthquakes

http://drsircus.com/world-news/incre...eid=41e174c9cd
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Calz (26th May 2015), greybeard (25th May 2015), Sierra (4th June 2015), Tesla_WTC_Solution (25th May 2015), transiten (25th May 2015), WhiteFeather (1st June 2015)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,429 times in 32,920 posts

-------

Interestingly, the same idea is suggested by UFO Contactee and South American explorer Jerry Wills, at 1:02:45 in this radio interview:

The briefest summary (my own paraphrase):

Jerry suggests this might be an explanation for dozens of meters of silt being present all along the western slope of the Andes, and bones of sperm wales, dolphins and fish being found in the Atacama Desert, at over 13,000 ft above sea level.

He cites South American legends of a Great Flood that washed right over the mountains from the west. (That would of course be really quite something, making Roland Emmerich's cataclysm movie 2012 look like a trivial incident. ) He also cites Chinese records reporting that the sun once 'stood still in the sky' for several days.

If the Earth were to suddenly stop rotating, then Jerry is correct that the effect on the oceans would be like running holding a bowl of water, and then suddenly stopping dead in your tracks. The water, with its own liquid momentum, would keep on moving, and would slosh all over the edges.

The problem of course is what in heaven — literally — could make the Earth suddenly stop spinning. All that (vast!) angular momentum would have to go somewhere. For the 'sloshing' effect to happen, the rotation would have to stop abruptly, which is almost impossible to conceive... even if there was a close fly-by from a massive astronomical object, as Immanuel Velikovsky (the author of WORLDS IN COLLISION) has theorized.

This is different from Gregg Braden's suggested model (see the second video in post #1), which is like an unknown mechanism in the Earth's core winding itself up like a giant rubber band, gradually stopping, and then unwinding again the other way.

This mechanism, if it exists, would surely slow the rotation down gradually as the Earth's rotation slowed to a halt, before reversing, and then speeding up again equally gradually. It'd be the rotational equivalent of a kind of pendulum effect.

This would NOT create any cataclysmic 'sloshing'... and the sun would not suddenly stop in the sky. Rather, preceding such an event, the days would gradually get longer and longer, and it'd be clear to all observers that something anomalous was happening long before 'the sun stopped moving' completely.

So while this is an interesting topic, and one not to be dismissed out of hand, Gregg Braden and Jerry Wills do seem to be describing two different sets of phenomena.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 4th June 2015 at 14:54.

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th June 2015), Bob (4th June 2015), bojancan (8th June 2015), Calz (4th June 2015), greybeard (4th June 2015), Hervé (4th June 2015), hohoemi (4th June 2015), kanishk (5th June 2015), Limor Wolf (4th June 2015), MalteseKnight (6th June 2015), meat suit (4th June 2015), Rocky_Shorz (4th June 2015), seko (4th June 2015), Sophocles (4th June 2015), Wind (6th June 2015)

20. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks for this Bill.
    There is definitely evidence of a flood, ancient reports and of course legend as regards the "three days of darkness/light".
    Some of it may be so.
    I sincerely hope that history does not repeat.

Love Chris

Ps its possible there were two separate events.
    Obviously the Chinese and others survived the Sun event.
    The other could perhaps have happened pre human.
    There is evidence of an asteroid event and that was no small thing.
    Ch
    Last edited by greybeard; 4th June 2015 at 15:09.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bob (4th June 2015), Calz (4th June 2015)

22. Link to Post #52
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,899 times in 15,481 posts

Quote He cites South American legends of a Great Flood that washed right over the mountains from the west.
    There is a more "conventional" explanation which I haven't seen anywhere nor heard of as such, AFAIK, and therefore I can only consider it my own for the moment (so, yes, you read it here first).

It simply goes back to the origin of plate tectonics: prior to subduction zones developing, these currently "active" margins (such as constituting the Pacific Ring of Fire) were "passive" margins such as those delineating the Atlantic Ocean Floor and the African, Eurasian, North and South American continents.

What can be expected is that, at one time, the transition from passive margins to active margins of a continent-bounded pacific ocean floor must have been somewhat catastrophic as in going under the surrounding continents via crust ruptures and therefore devastating earthquakes and tsunamis... and continental shelves with their sediments, fauna and flora became mountains in a geological blink of an eye.

The above is something to be expected to happen to the Atlantic Ocean Floor as well, at some point in time, when subductions around the Pacific Ocean Floor locks in and quits accommodating for ocean floors growths at mid-ocean ridges. When that happens, mountains will suddenly start to grow all around the Atlantic Ocean... not sure where first, though: Africa or Americas?

The above is compatible with what we currently know of 3D reality.

Now, the troubles start when one attempts to reconcile 3D reality with the universes of "visions." The latter, I suspect, being at the origin of myths and legends...

From what I have managed to understand of most "visions," it's that most, beside being allegorical or metaphorical, are "compressed" -- time-wise -- memories and/or "compressed" projected future events.

"Compressed" as in "time-lapse" the way some video are made to show accelerated motions.

If one looks at all the nuclear explosions in a time lapse fashion, in a "vision," one gets something like this and can only conclude that a civilization on this planet blew itself up to smithereens with a sustained nuclear war:

IIRC, such a vision was shown to a Dr. Bill Deagle... scared him sh*tless!
    Last edited by Hervé; 4th June 2015 at 16:03.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (4th June 2015), greybeard (4th June 2015), kanishk (5th June 2015), moekatz (6th June 2015), Sierra (4th June 2015)

24. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ancient City Found in India, Irradiated from Atomic Blast

We know very little of history, so much distortion and misleading information.

This is off topic but leads on from what Herve said about atomic war.

http://veda.wikidot.com/ancient-city...m-atomic-blast

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous. A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent.

"A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe…An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor…it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

"After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."

A Historian Comments

Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli says that Indian sacred writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like an atomic blast as experienced in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He says references mention fighting sky chariots and final weapons. An ancient battle is described in the Drona Parva, a section of the Mahabharata.

"The passage tells of combat where explosions of final weapons decimate entire armies, causing crowds of warriors with steeds and elephants and weapons to be carried away as if they were dry leaves of trees," says Ganguli.

"Instead of mushroom clouds, the writer describes a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds as consecutive openings of giant parasols. There are comments about the contamination of food and people's hair falling out."

Chris

Ps There is more on the link above.

Similar to a lesser degree happened near Inverness.
    Atomic weapons may have been used fusing stone on a nearby fort--nothing much left on the site.

Ch
    Last edited by greybeard; 4th June 2015 at 20:27.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

amor (13th June 2015), Calz (9th June 2015), moekatz (6th June 2015), Sierra (4th June 2015)

26. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Never the Twain Shall Meet

Dec 19, 2014

On the surface, the idea that the sun could reverse its apparent direction and be seen to move from west to east might seem bizarre in the extreme, but exactly this is what several ancient traditions claim to have happened in the past.

In the 5th century BCE, the Greek historian Herodotus of Halicarnassus noted that the Egyptians of his day recalled four inversions of the sun’s trajectory: “Four times in this period (so they told me) the sun rose contrary to his wont; twice he rose where he now sets, and twice he set where now he rises …”

The earliest known Roman geographer, Pomponius Mela (fl. 43 CE), probably relied on Herodotus when he concurred that the Egyptians “also preserve a written tradition that, for as long as there have been Aegyptians, the stars have changed their courses four times, and the sun has set twice already where it now rises”.

The Greeks had mythological traditions of their own to the same effect. According to a popular myth, Zeus had caused the sun to retreat back towards the east during the reign of the legendary – but quite possibly historical – Atreus, king of Mycenae. Euripides, a contemporary of Herodotus, is one of the earliest witnesses to the tale:

“… ruin was rolled
    Upon Atreus, a king’s overturning:
    And the sun-car’s wingèd speed
    From the ghastly strife turned back,
    Changing his westering track
    Through the heavens unto where, blush-burning,
    Dawn rose with her single steed …”

The mythographers leave one in the dark regarding the duration of the sun’s reversed course at the time of Atreus – did the sun resume its ordinary path the next morning or did it continue to move eastward? More explicit is a Jewish statement that God “reversed the order of nature, the sun rising in the west and setting in the east” during the “seven days” immediately preceding the deluge.

Catastrophists have been aware of this theme for centuries, but their selection of valid examples remained confined to the eastern Mediterranean basin – the Greek, Egyptian and Jewish cultures. Yet if there was any truth in the traditions, surely the memory ought to be global? As it happens, fresh research continues to uncover similar reports from widely separated cultures.

In several cases, a prolonged period of inverse movement is indicated. For example, the original population of Malaysia averred that the god “Tak Suwau turned the sun round so that it rose in the east, instead of the west, as formerly. … When he had turned the sky round, he went into the earth.” And the English Anglican missionary Reverend John Batchelor (1854-1944), who spent nearly a lifetime among the Ainu of Hokkaidō (Japan), reported the following incident in 1894, which is worth citing in full for its authentic flavour:

“On a certain occasion, when speaking with a man on the subject of the heavenly bodies, he surprised me by asking the question whether my books said anything about the sun having once, for a long period of years, risen in the west and set in the east! I was never more taken aback in my life. The man was perfectly sober and serious. Upon asking him why he put such a peculiar question he replied as follows:

‘It has been handed down to us by our remote ancestors that, when the world was brought forth in the beginning, the quarter now called east was named west, and the west designated east. This was so because at the beginning of time the sun used to rise in the west and set in the east. But for some unknown reason God saw fit to change this order of things, and to make the sun rise and set in the quarters it now does. When this took place the Ainu were obliged to transpose the names east and west, for those designations would not apply under the altered condition of things, because Chup-ka (east) means ‘the kindling of the luminary’, and Chup-pok (west) means ‘the going under of the luminary’. Such is the tradition.”

Sadly, Batchelor did not include his response. Given his learning, he may have been familiar with the classical enunciations cited above, but his failure to spell out the analogy suggests his oblivion to them.

What to make of such traditions, other than a swift knee-jerk dismissal? Most ancient Greeks and Romans viewed the sun as one of the planets orbiting around the earth. Plato’s dialogues introduce an ‘Eleatic stranger’ who proposed that the cosmos goes through long cycles, during which the revolving spheres are alternately propelled by a cosmic ‘helmsman’ and left to wind back in the opposite directions, as the captain lets go. In the heliocentric reality, it is more sensible to relate the change to the earth’s axial rotation – overturning cherished Aristotelian beliefs of a stable world in the process.

The French mathematician, architect and royal engineer Nicolas Antoine Boulanger (1722-1759), a ‘closet’ catastrophist whose writings on the matter were only posthumously published, was original with his idea that the ‘phenomena’ would be produced if the earth had physically turned over. In turn, the late British physicist Peter Warlow (1936-2011) improved on this by suggesting the more energy-efficient alternative of a ‘tippe top reversal’, a type of rapid large wobble in which the earth turns over while its axial rotation remains unperturbed. This can physically be made to work if the earth’s crust and mantle are thus displaced with respect to its fluid outer core.

An event of this kind would also account for traditions of an inversion of sky and earth, toppling of the earth or fall of the sky. Such traditions are found in much greater abundance than those concerned with a reversal of the sun’s movement alone. In addition, a rollover would make sense of the common mythological association of such events with the deluge, similar to the Jewish testimony cited above.

Nevertheless, other possibilities remain. In some accounts, the reversed sun overlaps with the widespread themes of a ‘stationary sun’, a ‘sun’ enclosed in a box or basket, a ‘low sky’ and ‘multiple suns’. An example is this tale from the Wailaki (northern California):

“In those times the sun rose in the west, but did not come up high. It was not really light. Coyote went to the west to find out about this condition. He found the sun in a sweat-house, hanging in a burden-basket and covered with a tray basket. … Then he crept in, grasped the basket, and ran. … Coyote said: ‘I do not intend to have this sun rise in the west. We need light. I am going to have the sun rise in the east and set in the west every day.’ He threw it into the eastern sky.”

There appears to be a parallel with the belief on the Tanimbar Islands (Maluku, Indonesia) that the sun was formerly prevented from rising properly by an oppressively low sky:

“… the great round disc of the sun, which was pinned below the edge of the eastern horizon by the weight of a sky that pressed so low upon the earth as to be inseparable from it. Occasionally the sun attempted to rise over the rim of the horizon, and the rays of a would-be dawn lightened the world enough for people to move about. But soon the sun was forced to retreat below the horizon, and the world was enveloped once again in its primordial darkness.”

A no less puzzling account of a sun appearing to behave normally while completing only half of its course has come down from the Q’eqchi’, a branch of the Maya of Guatemala and Belize: “Lord Kin placed a mirror in the center of the sky, and every morning he used to start out from his home in the east and travel till he got to the center. Then he used to turn back home, but the mirror reflected his light, and it appeared as though he was continuing his journey. When he got home, X’t’actani, as the moon, used to walk across the heavens in the same manner. At that time she was as bright as her husband, the sun. Then there was no darkness, for the night was as bright as the day.”

Perhaps stories about multiple ‘suns’ which were formerly trapped below a low-hanging sky refer to some other, atmospheric or magnetospheric phenomenon than the actual sun. As mentioned before on these pages, these and many related themes of ‘creation mythology’ may find an explanation in the topsy-turvy circumstances attending a geomagnetic excursion. On such occasions, temporary collapse of the earth’s magnetic field encourages direct contact between the solar wind and the earth’s upper atmosphere, arguably featuring intense plasma discharges between the ionosphere and the surface. The discharges will be prone to so-called sausage instabilities, dividing the plasma pinches into discrete plasmoids. Observations of such plasmoids could well be behind many traditions about ‘anomalous suns’ – including perhaps some of the memories of reversing suns.

Warlow’s vision of a tippe top motion may come into play as well, perhaps in relation to the same chain of events – but to figure out the causative geophysical and climatological mechanisms involved is, of course, no easy task. Nor can it be assumed that all traditions of east and west reversals relate to the same event. As Herodotus asserted, there will have been several.

Definitive answers may well remain out of reach for some time to come, but the day when physicists will begin to consider ancient traditions about cosmic inversions will surely mark a momentous turning-point in the history of science.

Rens Van Der Sluijs
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2015), Bill Ryan (8th June 2015), Calz (9th June 2015), greybeard (8th June 2015), Hervé (5th July 2015), Selkie (5th July 2015)

28. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

I read somewhere that our galaxy is in collision with the Megellanic Cloud (cannot find correct spelling. Is there a spell checker here?). Since Venus is said to be rotating opposite to the other planets and something entering our solar system destroyed the planet between mars and jupiter (perhaps in the Nibiru group), we really are World's in Collision.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to amor For This Post:

greybeard (13th June 2015)

30. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,052 times in 2,398 posts

The story of Sodom and Lot's wife always struck me as a possible tale of atomic weaponry. I was also aware of the vedic texts from the Mahabharata and the irradiated areas in northwest India and borders of Pakistan. Jacob's Ladder and the Epic of Gilgamesh. Giants and Methuselah. All stories today regarded as myth have core elements of truth that was once witnessed upon this earth. People relayed information in stories, lore keepers most assuredly took their vocations very seriously.

I find it quite sad how the majority view regards all these stories as nonsense. Whether we are equipped to make sense of them today after so much knowledge has been lost, with the burning of books and the sacking of libraries, I doubt it.

Even if we could would it make any difference, we are only witnesses to events played out on a stage far vaster than we can imagine whilst in our little 3 dimensional enviroment.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2015), greybeard (5th July 2015), Wind (5th July 2015)

32. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

For my two cents, I think it is quite clear that something horrible happened not-all-that-long-ago and that it affected the whole earth; that as a species, we have still not come to terms with it, and like an hysteric, we are suffering from reminiscences that we cannot integrate and so we repeat them...repeat them...repeat them...

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Alekahn2 (5th July 2015), greybeard (5th July 2015), Hervé (5th July 2015), Wind (5th July 2015)

34. Link to Post #58
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Silkie (here)
    For my two cents, I think it is quite clear that something horrible happened not-all-that-long-ago and that it affected the whole earth; that as a species, we have still not come to terms with it, and like an hysteric, we are suffering from reminiscences that we cannot integrate and so we repeat them...repeat them...repeat them...
    Some things may be cyclic and some not Silkie
    Hopefully that was a one off.
    Chris

35. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Silkie (here)
    Some things may be cyclic and some not Silkie
    Hopefully that was a one off.
    Chris
    I thought today this was a new thread in a cycle on the subject, but it turns out to be a one off

There is also the story of the prophet Jonah, who spent three days and three nights in the belly of a whale because he did not want to go preaching to Niniveh to clean up their act. The Jesus story is presented as the ‘fulfilment’ (re-enactment) of various prophecies. When he was buried for ‘three days’, this did not fulfil Jonah’s prophecy so much as it re-enacted his punishment for attempting to default! It seems to me that Jesus was punished for preaching without so much of the doom and gloom and hell fire, and yet the punishment was reduced to just over a day and two nights. The lesson for today might then be that we are moving away from the crime and punishment scenario altogether.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Ewan (5th July 2015), greybeard (5th July 2015), Wind (5th July 2015)

37. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks

How Many Lost Civilisations Have There Been?

Ive bumped this thread as there are some interesting posts
    Chris

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

avid (1st September 2019), Bill Ryan (1st September 2019), Wind (2nd September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3