+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Planet Earth Now Has A Flag

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Talking Planet Earth Now Has A Flag

Quote Pledging allegiance to the international flag of our planet could become a worldwide practice with this exciting design of a flag for Earth.

A new project by Oskar Pernefeldt, a graduate-to-be from Beckmans College of Design in Stockholm, Sweden, sees a new flag for the entire planet emblazoned in scenes around the world – and beyond.

The minimalist design of the flag shows seven rings intertwining on a deep-sea-blue background, forming a flower in the flag’s middle. Simple but contemporary, the flag evokes the natural beauty of the Earth.

"The blue field represents water which is essential for life – also as the oceans cover most of our planet's surface,” describes Pernefeldt on his website. “The flower's outer rings form a circle which could be seen as a symbol of Earth as a planet and the blue surface could represent the Universe.”

If you can’t imagine such a flag in use, Pernefeldt’s got you covered. In stunning scenarios envisioned by Pernefeldt, the flag could be part of an astronaut's space suit, displayed proudly outside homes and waved at sporting events.

Image Credit: Oskar Pernefeldt

Here’s how Pernefeldt constructed the as-yet-still-unofficial flag for planet Earth.

Source: http://www.iflscience.com/space/plan...h-now-has-flag
    I like the idea of this International flag, to me it means drive, direction and inspires hope for a new age, and most of all unity. All the dark stuff can remain under the rug for now, this is a positive leap forward in my view. The simple yet powerful flower of life will be projected into the minds of all humanity too. Sacred geometry is food for the soul. Hope they go with it..

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Terra For This Post:

Agape (25th May 2015), aranuk (25th May 2015), betoobig (25th May 2015), binemaya (26th May 2015), bojancan (26th May 2015), Desire (28th May 2015), Gaia (25th May 2015), ghostrider (25th May 2015), justntime2learn (25th May 2015), kanishk (29th May 2015), Kryztian (25th May 2015), meat suit (27th May 2015), Michael Moewes (25th May 2015), Nasu (26th May 2015), Omni (25th May 2015), PRAGMAE (26th May 2015), SR19 (25th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015), transiten (26th May 2015), Zampano (25th May 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Default Re: Planet Earth Now Has A Flag

I'm all for an planet Earth flag, but I think there should be a competition.
    This I do like but I'm sure there could be other ones even better.

Stan

Edit: I know why I liked that one.....it has the same two colours as the Scottish Saltire or St Andrews Cross.
    Last edited by aranuk; 25th May 2015 at 17:43.
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

betoobig (25th May 2015), kanishk (29th May 2015), Michael Moewes (25th May 2015), Nasu (26th May 2015), Omni (25th May 2015), Star Tsar (27th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015), T Smith (28th May 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

I prefer not to have any flag at all.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

betoobig (25th May 2015), DarMar (26th May 2015), Desire (28th May 2015), Elisheva (26th May 2015), joeecho (25th May 2015), moekatz (25th May 2015), mosquito (26th May 2015), Omni (25th May 2015), PRAGMAE (26th May 2015), sijohn (26th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015), tcjim1 (25th May 2015), thunder24 (25th May 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

I like the Idea.
    But does aliens have flags?
    If not it would only be again Humans immense Ego putting in front.
    Therefore IMNSHO it would be wise to check it first with the friends from outer space. Not the naughty reptilians or grey, off course.
    Live healthy, Live Vegan

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

betoobig (25th May 2015), Kryztian (25th May 2015), Omni (25th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,414 times in 3,425 posts

The only reason for a flag is to demarcate ownership, property, identity, etc. of one group from another. But we are told, we Earthlings are it - there are no other intelligent forms of life in our sector of the galaxy that we have to compete with, that we need to distinguish ourselves from. So why are "they" rolling out a flag? Why now?

We are usually told that we are Christians or Moslems or Liberals or Conservatives or victims or perpetrators and we need to be fiercely in opposition to the other side? They only reason they ever tell us to unite is because there is some other agenda is afoot and we need to fall in line.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

betoobig (25th May 2015), joeecho (25th May 2015), mosquito (26th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

How about just a flag with the Planet Earth on it ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Aspen (27th May 2015), betoobig (25th May 2015), East Sun (25th May 2015), Gaia (25th May 2015), Kryztian (25th May 2015), Nasu (26th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 times in 321 posts

if we are having a flag made up, then we need the earth constitution taken into account too:

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morbid For This Post:

betoobig (25th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,244 times in 4,597 posts

I think I've just saved this photo from somewhere recently , my memory , poor dear .. credits go to NASA as usually ,

This is top secret flag It reads Darker Realms The Secret Keepers

This is Above Top Secret Flag , symbol of the Inter-Galactic Peace Confederation of Nations

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Aspen (27th May 2015), betoobig (25th May 2015), Desire (28th May 2015), kanishk (29th May 2015), Nasu (26th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

How about a white one!!

Love and peace
    JUAn

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Agape (25th May 2015), Aspen (27th May 2015), ghostrider (25th May 2015), Nasu (26th May 2015), Star Tsar (27th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,244 times in 4,597 posts

Quote Posted by betoobig (here)
    How about a white one!!

Love and peace
    JUAn
    Lets wave them out of window , perhaps we save the Peace on this Planet ...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Aspen (27th May 2015), betoobig (25th May 2015), Nasu (26th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,487 times in 1,711 posts

what's with that coke crap?
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Kryztian (26th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

I'm with Orph!!! Next they'll want a one world government to match!!
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Desire (28th May 2015), mosquito (26th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

It's a nice enough design, but why do we need it ? As pointed out above, flags and other such symbols exist in order to delineate groups which are largely artificial; who are we separate from ? A flag today, a governement tomorrow, no thanks !

People who swear allegiance to a coloured rag are a major source of the world's problems as it is. Having everyone do it would in no way be an advance on our part. And anyway, I for one would refuse.

I suspect that Mother Earth would far rather we learn to treat her with reverence than to project our subservience onto a piece of cloth.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

aranuk (26th May 2015), Desire (28th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015)

27. Link to Post #14
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

That is a pretty flag, but it belies a dark secret. Will we plant this Earth flag on the moon? On Mars? To claim other worlds for the One World Order back on Earth? I have had enough of pledging allegiance to a flag. Just typing those words brings back so much. Throughout my life, I pledged my allegiance to the same flag that is now worn by the militarised police of the Fourth Reich called the USA. The same flag that I marched under in the Vietnam era. The same flag that is on the war machines of the USA that overrun small nations of the world to take the natural resources of people who cannot defend themselves. I do not see myself pledging allegiance to another flag.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Aspen (27th May 2015), awakeningmom (27th May 2015), Desire (28th May 2015), Nasu (26th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015), Swan (28th May 2015)

29. Link to Post #15
    China Avalon Member
    Language
    Mandarin
    Thanks

Personally, I think a flag with Sacred geometry is great (kind of reminds me of South Korea's) as long as there are no war/dark stuff planned...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yuhui For This Post:

Aspen (27th May 2015), Nasu (26th May 2015), Sunny-side-up (26th May 2015)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Fantastic

I back in the 80/90's was putting together a project, but I collapsed, was doing to much, also had a Djinn experience that totally deflated me, I was not well and had to go within untill around 2012!
    The Project was a 'Whole earth flag Contest'

So for you to see here is my project from back then, pulled out of a web page and totally unedited by the me of now, who is a much more educated! so at the risk of embarrassment i'm posting it as was!

Also sorry for the length of it

Quote Project OPEN for any one, with the DESIRE and MEANS.
    (I've the IDEA and DESIRE but it's beyond my MEANS.)

EARTHhas been spinning, spinning, spinning.

Humankind has been on this planet Earth for countless thousands of years B.C., he has expanded, multiplied countless millions of times, dividing and subdividing, each time a new FLAG, and each time a new boundary to hoist it over. yet EARTH, MOTHER EARTH has stayed one giving us her All,
    which we have taken.
    So now as we are all growing out of our teenage years through to the year 2000 A.D. and beyond, we should be able to hold our heads up high, high into the sky and waving proud above us all, above every boundary were ever we might be, is her colors, her flag,
    the FLAG for EARTH.........................................................................and us all.

My original rough sketch

An idea to promote peaceful uses of space missions, closer relationships between countries and Human kind as a whole, on all levels of society using an aspect of every day global life =
    THE PAINTED FORM.
    THE MARRIAGE OF SPACE INTERESTS AND HUMANS PASSION FOR ART.

WHOLE EARTH FLAG CONCEPT-
    Get a MINIMUMof one person from each and all of the EARTHS INDIVIDUAL COUNTRIES,-Simple,- to enter ONE CONTEST,TOGETHER.

Did i say SIMPLE !
    Am i so NIEVE to think that there could be just one person from each and every Country
    on this small, but PRECIOUS Planet,
    WHO:-
    would be above any INTER COUNTRY, POLITICAL, SOCIAL, FEUDS, RACIAL , ECONOMICAL,-
    RELIGIOUS incompatibilities, or any of the THOUSANDS of other reasons,
    WHO:-

would enter together, into one GLOBAL CONTEST.
    WELL:-
    I believeARTISTScould just be the -
    UNIFYING - BRIDGING - NO BOUNDARIES HELD beings to make it possible.
    Artists on the whole are CONCEPTUAL - BROAD MINDED - INTER RELATING - ADVENTUROUS -
    DREAMERS and DAY DREAMERS who not only VISUALIZE the PAST - PRESENT - FUTURE !,
    but most importantly the IMAGINARY, NON EXISTENT:-

JUST LIKE OUR PRECIOUS EARTH'S FLAG
    NON EXISTING !

STAGE ONE
    A)
    Announcement of the event and concept etc.
    WORLD-WIDE = GOVERNMENTS /SCIENCE MAGAZINES / ART MAGAZINES / PAPERS PRESS / THE WEB / TV / RADIO etc.
    B)
    Artists and would be Artists obtain the entry form,
    They submit there designs (to a neutral / Co-operative Country if need be)
    C)
    All entries collected.
    The Individual Countries competitions begin (Countries that are capable that is, because of Political and finical reasons,somecould join resources(GOOD FOR CROSS COUNTRY RELATIONSHIPS)
    All entries being Anonymous as far as Countries originetc. Until the final judgment :-
    (At this point some entrants, may need Political asylum!)
    D)
    The designs are put on public show.
    Three designs are chosen, and submitted to a larger collective Competition etc.
    Until the finalGRAND WORLD COMPETITION is HELD (Probably America or Europe !)

BROADCAST LIVE to the WHOLE WORLD / PAPERS PRESS / THE WEB / RADIO / TV etc.
    LIVE CHARITY PRICED SEATS.
    (Many FUND RAISING / OFFICIAL MERCHANDISING possibilities - BEFORE / DURING and AFTER)
    Flag copies, Contest Catalogues, Limited Edition Book Bound Versions, Posters, Cards, T-Shirts etc.etc.
    More than enough to pay for the hole event +

OTHER FINICAL BENEFITS WOULD COME, MORE INTEREST IN SPACE FLIGHT MISSIONS ? / PRIVATE DONATIONS, PRIVATE MISSIONS - ENABLING OUR NEW WHOLE EARTH FLAG TO BE TAKEN FURTHER AND FURTHER INTO SPACE.

STAGE TWO AFTER THE CONTEST !

Now if all this - Contesting, Cross Communicating, Merchandising, Donations, and not forgetting the very valuableGrown Interest Worldwide, at ALL LEVELS of HUMANKIND, of just what could be done with PEACEFUL SPACE FLIGHTS, VAST PUBLIC RELATIONS VALUE BOTH PRESENT AND FUTURE.
    A)
    If as I say , there is enough Capital - A RELATIVELY CHEEP SATELLITE could be put together, to house theWINNING DESIGN(The ACTUAL PAINTING, not a copy) and PLACED into ORBIT around the EARTH,CROSSING with MUTUALAGREEMENT as MANY COUNTRIES as POSSIBLE !

This SATELLITE could be a CONTEST in its self, i.e.
    BETWEEN SCHOOLS, COLLAGES, UNIVERSITIES of the WORLD = MORE CROSS COUNTRY RELATIONSHIPS.
    I Like the idea of a Radio Transmitter, sending a beat,aHUMAN HEARTBEAT, calm and constant,
    EVEN IN DAYLIGHT WE WOULD KNOW THAT IT WAS PASSING OVERHEAD, REASSURING, REMINDING.

JUST IMAGINE -
    It is a warm night, and you are sitting outside with your son / daughters on your knee, you lean over switch on your Radio and TUNE IN, tune into an EMPTY STATION, and as you sit there pondering the night sky, a LOW FAINT BEAT starts to creep into the quiet, you look around searching,- then you see it, low on the Horizon getting brighter - nearer - the beat louder - steadier, calming, you point up and your son / daughters see it,
    and you say :-
    " THAT IS OUR EARTHS FLAG - HER VERY OWN FLAG"

This FLAG / CONTEST could be REOCCURRING,
    Like the WORLD OLYMPICS,
    with the FLAG back on EARTH, what to do with it ?
    It has been the FIRST, it is very SPECIAL !
    Maybe another tour, this time on EARTH
    for
    ALL to SEE

BENEFITS and CONCLUSIONS
    MORE SPACE MISSIONS =
    Because of GROWN INTEREST / DONATIONS / FUNDING.
    Grown interest from all walks of Life, from all Countries.
    MORE andNEWER TYPES / IDEAS for missions.
    A WIDER FEELINGofPARTICIPATIONin theTECHNOLOGYetc.
    MORE CHARITIES / APPEALS=
    Money directly raised from the events etc., because of new interest inSPACE MISSIONS and it's possible uses, there would come about further events of this kind and size for future environmental projects etc.
    BOTH for INDIVIDUAL COUNTRIES and theEARTH as a PLANET. Greater interest and viewing =
    MORE DONATIONS.
    for the ARTIST (If wanted and or not etc)=

What of the ARTISTS other work !,
    and there is the FELLOW COUNTRY PERSONS PROUDNESS,
    andJOY of being the winning Countries Artist etc.
    The BIGGEST PRIZE BEINGis thatARTISThas hadARTWORKSENTintoSPACE ORBIT,
    This i amSURE would bringHIGH ENTRANCE FIGURES,
    VERY HIGH.

for HUMANKIND =
    1) GRATER AWARENESS and HELP with their ENVIRONMENTS, both near and far, and MOST IMPORTANTLY as a WHOLE.
    2) MORE MONEY for the ENVIRONMENT = BETTER and HEALTHIER WORLD to LIVE on.
    3) GREATER RELATIONS between COUNTRIES withGREATER CO-OPERATION = HAPPIER PEOPLE !
    4) If it happened and it worked, if there was enough response and it was possible to be a reoccurring event
    (Every 4 years, For a set number of times) WELL ! over this time there would be a CONTINUED BONDING, event after event = VERY BENEFICIAL TO HUMANKIND'S FUTURE and this PLANET.
    5) It would SHOW to any PASSERS-BY or VISITORS, that WE CAN PULL TOGETHER as a WHOLE PLANET,and SHOW it in RESPECT as a FLAG.
    6) It would PROVE that WE could PULL TOGETHER for ANY EVENT, there are ways if time allows.
    7) A WORLD WITH A FUTURE = HUMANKIND WITH A FUTURE.
    RESEARCH :-
    ThePAINTING / FLAGcouldCOMPRISEofOIL / ACRYLICetc.,ONArt board or even HARDBOARD - I bet Hardboard has not been in Space yet ?, After 4 Years in space how would it stand up ?
    PLUStheSATELLITEit's self COULD CONTAIN A FEW ENVIRONMENTAL EXPERIMENTS.

A PLANET WITHOUT IT'S OWN FLAG
    IS LIKE A
    WEB SITE
    WITH NO
    URL
    OR
    NAME
    ?

JUST IMAGINE
    WHEN WE GO OUT INTO SPACE,
    WHICH EVER NATION IT IS FLY'S IT'S OWN FLAG,
    BUT IF WE EVER MEET SOME OTHER WORLD BEING,
    OUR CREW WOULD SAY-
    WE ARE HUMANS-WE COME FROM AND REPRESENT EARTH,
    BUT THEY WOULD BE TAKING THE REST OF US FOR GRANTED,
    BY ONLY SHOWING THEIR OWN COUNTRIES FLAG, NOT THE WHOLE EARTHS,
    AND SAY THAT WE WERE GIVEN THAT BEINGS PLANETS FLAG ! AND IT/SHE/HE SAYS
    WHAT DOES YOURS LOOK LIKE-
    WE WOULD HAVE TO SAY-
    WELL-ER-?-
    WE DO NOT HAVE ONE !
    THEY WOULD THINK WE WERE NOT PROUD OF OR DO NOT CARE FOR OUR PLANET,
    OR WOULD THINK OF US AS PRIMITIVES UNABLE TO COMBINE-
    AND MIGHT NOT MEET WITH US IN THE FIRST PLACE !

I COME FROM THE UK
    MY WHOLE EARTH FLAG DESIGN IS READY AND WAITING.
    AT THE MOMENT AS FAR AS I KNOW ?
    IT IS THE ONLY ONE OF IT'S KIND ON THE PLANET.
    AND SO
    UNTIL WE HAVE AN OFFICIAL DEMOCRATICALLY VOTED FLAG,
    I WILL CONSIDER MINE AS THE EARTHS !
    BY DEFAULT

(was not finnished ...)
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Aspen (27th May 2015), betoobig (27th May 2015), Desire (28th May 2015)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Don't know what the planet's land masses will look like w/poles shifting.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

betoobig (27th May 2015), Desire (28th May 2015)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,414 times in 3,425 posts

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    what's with that coke crap?
    I guess the reference is a bit obscure, sorry about that. This is the very end of the "Mad Men" series, about the 60s, early 70s and advertising world. The U.S. of that time became deeply divided, between the more conservative, conformists, patriotic war-supporting, pro big business cpitalist Americans, and the more liberal, peace flag waving, pro-social justice, free-expression individualist Americans - the CIA managed to deepen this wedge by providing false flag events like the Gulf of Tonkin incident to incite the right, while introducing the left to drugs like LSD. The left/right dichotomy is embodied by Don Draper, the main character here, who has a breakdown and ends up at Esalen in California.

The commercial, which aired in the early 70s was a stroke of genius, because it appealed to both sides, - it was both "clean cut" and "counter-culturalal" at the same time and said "we can all be one happy family" and seemed to imply that one could do this via the products of a globalist corporation the figured out how to sell over priced diabetes causing beverages of no nutritional value around the globe.

Here's the extended version of the scene:

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Aspen (27th May 2015), betoobig (27th May 2015), Desire (28th May 2015), mosquito (27th May 2015)

37. Link to Post #19
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

Terra,
    I hope you see this. I wish to apologise for the way I responded to your post of an Earth flag. That is a very attractive flag, and if I were forced to pledge alegience to any flag, that one would be better. Please accept my apology in good faith as you posted the flag in good faith. I still have some issues to resolve about my time in the service that I should not assault others with.
    Warren

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Desire (28th May 2015), yuhui (28th May 2015)

39. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Orph (here)
    I prefer not to have any flag at all.
    Same here.

"Look up flag at Dictionary.com
    1540s, "flap about loosely," probably a later variant of Middle English flakken, flacken "to flap, flutter" (late 14c.), which probably is from Old Norse flaka "to flicker, flutter, hang losse," perhaps imitative of something flapping lazily in the wind. Sense of "go limp, droop, become languid" is first recorded 1610s. Related: Flagged; flagging."

To me (ex military) I see a flag as deception now. "Defend the flag!"

They have computer games now called that.

regards

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to looking-glass For This Post:

Desire (28th May 2015), Swan (28th May 2015), yuhui (28th May 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast