+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Warrior Diet

1. Link to Post #1
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,527 times in 1,560 posts

Default The Warrior Diet

Recently I have started the way of eating of this diet. It's not so much a diet as a lifestyle change, or way of eating. It I envolves fasting or semi fasting during the day and eating one meal at night. Actually, this is what my ballet dancer sister did to maintain her weight. I have toyed with the idea over the years and have finally decided to do this, to address my weight issues and also my general health.

I've only been doing it for a week but I'm finding it quite easy and have loads of energy and my metabolism seems to be up. It's winter here in New Zealand and in recent years I have really suffered from the cold. Well, since starting this diet I'm not cold. My body seems to be a lot warmer. And fasting or semi fasting during the day allows me to eat what I like in the evening. I find though that I cannot eat a huge meal, my stomach is full on a moderate meal.

Has anyone here experienced this way of eating? It suits me at this stage but I guess it wouldn't suit everyone. I think it would be a good survival tool also, getting used to not grazing all day. It's like making friends with hunger and not fussing or panicking over not eating regularly.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

Alan (3rd June 2015), Alekahn2 (3rd June 2015), alh02 (3rd June 2015), angelfire (8th June 2015), Antagenet (6th June 2015), Baby Steps (4th June 2015), darthtoaster (4th June 2015), DNA (18th June 2015), giovonni (6th June 2015), kirolak (3rd June 2015), Nasu (3rd June 2015), quiltinggrandma (8th June 2015), Rich (3rd June 2015), RunningDeer (3rd June 2015), selinam (3rd June 2015), sigma6 (5th June 2015), Star Tsar (5th June 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: The Warrior Diet

If you look at this on utube you mainly get bodybuilders flexing muscle! If that had of been my only knowledge of this way of eating I would have dismissed it instantly but my past experience of this way of eating caused me to do some research on it. I'm impressed by the references to longevity and better health. I must say I feel great.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

alh02 (3rd June 2015), DNA (18th June 2015), kirolak (3rd June 2015), Nasu (3rd June 2015), quiltinggrandma (8th June 2015), selinam (3rd June 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

Yes, it's got a name: Intermittent Fasting. Look it up in Dr. mercola's website. It's a good dieting tool.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

alh02 (3rd June 2015), Baby Steps (4th June 2015), Carmen (3rd June 2015), DNA (18th June 2015), GrnEggsNHam (4th June 2015), Nasu (3rd June 2015), quiltinggrandma (8th June 2015), RunningDeer (3rd June 2015), selinam (3rd June 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Hello Carmen I have this type of eating habit by feel. I mean since I decided not toto follow the norms. I normally wake up in the middle of the nigth and eat mostly protiens during the day I eat mostly fruits. I eat only when hungry all this by feel. My only con ious choice is to eat only u process foods. I have lots of energy no sickness and getting younger. I also do lots of exercise.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

alh02 (3rd June 2015), Carmen (3rd June 2015), Nasu (3rd June 2015), quiltinggrandma (8th June 2015), selinam (3rd June 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Yes, i do. I fast reguraly in the morning. This means i get up at 6, do some yoga and off to work.
    I start eating when I get extraordinary hungry, if not, I will start eating at noon.

It is important to focus on the quality of your meal. So eat a meal which saturates the body and fulfills it needs.
    For me, these are things like eggs, grassfed beef, grassfed butter, grassfed raw milk, bone broth or grassfed organ meats like liver.
    These are high quality sources of food which will give the body everything it needs. Ofcourse served with vegetables.

In this forum you see a lot of times people who swear by an vegan diet. I think this is pretty dangerous. Yes, it will cleanse the body, which make you feel highly energetic at first. On the long term, this type of diet will cause malnutrition. For this is a little off topic, when someone is interested, please check the findings of Weston Price. I highly recommend this.

Intermitted fasting is also not for everyone. It can cause low blood sugar levels, making you dizzy and focussing will be hard. Also, if your body is not in a good shape or you meals are insufficient, then this is not a good idea.

If done well, intermitted fasting can make you balance out your hormone levels. For example, the human growth hormone can rise significantly. If I remember it correctly, up to 2000%. It is a great thing to do to keep the body in a clean, healthy and balanced state.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Joey For This Post:

Alan (18th June 2015), alh02 (3rd June 2015), Baby Steps (4th June 2015), Carmen (3rd June 2015), DNA (18th June 2015), Nasu (3rd June 2015), Rich (3rd June 2015), toppy (3rd June 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

Do you have more information on the diet or is simply having one meal in the evening the brunt of it?

Last edited by MorningFox; 3rd June 2015 at 12:28.

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joey For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th June 2015), DNA (18th June 2015), RunningDeer (3rd June 2015)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Yep!!! You have described me. cc. I have been a one meal per day eater ny whole life. All the way back to childhood. Small child. (5-6 y/o) It always just seemed to be the Natural thing to do. Plus, the MORE work I had to do... the less I ate. I was born and raised on a farm and became a truck driver, heavy equipment operator for the rest. I did hard physical labor mt whole life. Durring my truckin years I would often get so busy that I would forget to eat. Sometimes for several days. 5 was the most. Yep 5 days hard labor without food. (or sleep!!!) And I felt great!!! Wasn't fat either!! cc.

After that 5 day shot, I went to bed and woke up 18 hours later. cc. When up, all I ate was a cup of soup. The next day, it was back to normal. Did that my whole life. I'm now 71 and fit as a fiddle.

That's not to say though that I have never had problems, for I have had some. Went to a Dr, and he said I was Diabetic and put me on medication for it. He also thought I may have Prostate cancer and wanted to do a biopsy. I said NO, you ain't pokin no holes in me. I then found Auyervedic Healing and quit taking my medication and decided not to be sick any more. He said I would be dead in two years. That was ten years ago. I ain't dead. Stopped by to see him a few months ago, just to see what he would say. He asked what I did. I just told him, 5,000 year old medicine from India, and walked out, leaving him standing there with his mouth hanging open. ccc. Love doing that to peope. cc.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

alh02 (6th June 2015), Carmen (3rd June 2015), darthtoaster (3rd June 2015), hohoemi (4th June 2015), JRS (5th June 2015), Rich (3rd June 2015), Rollo (7th June 2015), RunningDeer (3rd June 2015), selinam (3rd June 2015)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Ps: Snowflower is right on... Dr. Mercola, is good thinkin. You will not go wrong reading his website!!!!!

Then!!!

Go to youtube and explore Auyervedic Healing.

Most IMPORTANT!!! You HAVE a Computer!!! USE IT!!! You can find ANY thing you need!!!

Do your own research!!! Don't have time??? Really??? You'er here!!! Are you wasting reasearch time??? chuckle chuckle.

Folks that say they don't have time... don't know how to use it!!! cc.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

alh02 (6th June 2015), selinam (3rd June 2015)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

How Intermittent Fasting Stacks Up
    By Dr. Mercola

Is it a good idea to "starve" yourself just a little bit each day? The evidence suggests that yes, avoiding eating around the clock could have a very beneficial impact on your health and longevity.

What we're talking about here is generally referred to as intermittent fasting, which involves timing your meals to allow for regular periods of fasting.

It takes about six to eight hours for your body to metabolize your glycogen stores and after that you start to shift to burning fat. However, if you are replenishing your glycogen by eating every eight hours (or sooner), you make it far more difficult for your body to use your fat stores as fuel.

[article here]
    <3

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alekahn2 (3rd June 2015), Baby Steps (4th June 2015), darthtoaster (3rd June 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (5th June 2015)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Thanks for your replies. Apart from Dr Mercolas website "The Warrior Diet" can be downloaded in pdf form to read in its entirety if members are interested. As some people stated in their replies, it seems to be a natural way of eating for some people. It does for me as it's quite easy once the body is used to it. There is no loss of energy. In fact, just the opposite. I actually hate diets because of feeling tired and feeling I was 'missing out' on my favourite foods. I do avoid junk, also bread and sugar, because my body reacts badly to both those. I wake up with a " hangover" if I eat the wrong foods! So, I feel as though I have 'struck gold' with this way of eating.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

darthtoaster (5th June 2015), RunningDeer (3rd June 2015)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Carmen (here)
    Apart from Dr Mercolas website "The Warrior Diet" can be downloaded in pdf form to read in its entirety if members are interested.
    Thanks for the info, Carmen.

free pdf - The Warrior’s Diet AND WarriorDiet.com

RunningDeer <3

23. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

hohoemi (4th June 2015)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

25. Link to Post #14
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,727 times in 1,526 posts

There is a point for those getting on (and maybe overweight)
    Our bodies naturally forget to burn fat. We become carb addicts. The way to break the cycle I have found is to combine intermittent fasting with low carb high fat meals,so once you break your fast the metabolism is presented with lipids to burn. You feel satisfied but not that bloated carb feeling. Once those lipds are burned the body easily transitions to burning its own fat.
    Just my experience, but I have not totally abandoned carbs, rather I only have them in any quantity in the evening, but after a day on lipids you do not feel like binging on carbs!
    Of course you have to know what the good fats are!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Carmen (4th June 2015), darthtoaster (5th June 2015), Joey (4th June 2015)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

It's easier to fast or semi-fast all day than to eat the regular breakfast, lunch and dinner. If I eat breakfast for instance, I'm hungry all day! So far I'm not that hungry fasting during the day, and my energy is still high. I'm not weak or cold when I'm fasting.

Someone mentioned The Western Price Foundation. Sally Fallons book "Nourishing Traditions" and the latest one "Nourishing Broths" based on Western Prices findings, are fabulous tomes of recipes and advice to really get our health on track.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

darthtoaster (5th June 2015), Rich (4th June 2015)

29. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I've lost 60lbs since I started Intermittent Fasting(fast for 16 hours, eating hours 11AM-7PM) and exercising regularly(about 60-90 minutes a day during my eating hours). 225lbs the largest of my life and now down to 165lbs(very low body fat%), in about 8 months time. I actually think I am too small now and my wife agrees lol. I really want to be a solid 185 lbs. That will come as I continue to build muscle but if you want to burn fat Intermittent Fasting seems to do that well and without a ton of effort. I suggest not being rigid in your devotion to the diet though. For instance I've modified the diet to allow any raw fruits and veggies during the fasting hours. This has helped me ingest more fruits and vegetables than I ever have before. The evening snacking was the hardest for me to break, now I eat a banana or apple if I get hungry.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrnEggsNHam For This Post:

Alan (18th June 2015), Baby Steps (4th June 2015), Carmen (4th June 2015), darthtoaster (5th June 2015), hohoemi (5th June 2015)

31. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member darthtoaster's Avatar
    Thanks

First day, trying this along with you. Seems legit. Hunger not a problem. Felt somewhat ill after eating The most noticeable difference was that I had a deep feeling of peace all day which is not the norm for me, not something this deep. Intriguing. I like it

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darthtoaster For This Post:

Carmen (4th June 2015), hohoemi (5th June 2015)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

P
    Quote Posted by GrnEggsNHam (here)
    I've lost 60lbs since I started Intermittent Fasting(fast for 16 hours, eating hours 11AM-7PM) and exercising regularly(about 60-90 minutes a day during my eating hours). 225lbs the largest of my life and now down to 165lbs(very low body fat%), in about 8 months time. I actually think I am too small now and my wife agrees lol. I really want to be a solid 185 lbs. That will come as I continue to build muscle but if you want to burn fat Intermittent Fasting seems to do that well and without a ton of effort. I suggest not being rigid in your devotion to the diet though. For instance I've modified the diet to allow any raw fruits and veggies during the fasting hours. This has helped me ingest more fruits and vegetables than I ever have before. The evening snacking was the hardest for me to break, now I eat a banana or apple if I get hungry.
    Wow, that's very inspiring, congratulations. I bet the food industry does not like this way of eating! It cuts out breakfast cereals for a start! And causes people to stop grazing all day.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

hohoemi (5th June 2015)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

How's it going Darthtoaster? I am certainly clearheaded on this diet. Bit hungry this morning, but I eat an apple and that fixes it. Takes a while for the body to adjust to using fat for energy, but when it does one doesn't crash during the day. I love that I get to eat good food in the quantity I want once a day. I'm not thinking of food all day.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

darthtoaster (9th June 2015)

37. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Thumbs up Re: The Warrior Diet

Go Get Em Judith ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast