+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many Avalonians will spend their Thanksgiving day all alone ?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Default How many Avalonians will spend their Thanksgiving day all alone ?

Just wondering if i am the only one on that boat hehe,to me its just another day my son always spends that day with his mother, so on that day i normally reflect on life but i dont do anything out of the ordinary like eating poor slaughtered turkeys and things like that.I am probably going to be sleeping half the day.

2. Link to Post #2
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Default Re: How many Avalonians will spend their Thanksgiving day all alone ?

well..i am canadian. Thanksgiving was last month...

And..your not alone

3. Link to Post #3
    Deactivated
    Thanks

No, you are not the only one. I'll be spending Thanksgiving alone, always do and always love it. When I was working 50-60 hours a week and commuting a long distance Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday because it meant four days off (!) to pursue my hobbies. No more long hours, no more long drives but I still make Thanksgiving mine ... all mine :-)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Celine!

What a lovely table you've set!

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,018 times in 8,167 posts

Thanksgiving isn't a done thing here in UK but the whole country goes nuts for Christmas. I don't 'DO' Christmas, baa-humbug. It's not the deeper sentiment of it I don't like, it's the way it's played out as a huge shopping fest concluded with an institutional pig-out ( no offense to pigs intended ).

In recent times I've also noticed that the event seems to have become a favourite time for dirty tricks. With so much multicasting going on these national holiday events are a rare opportunity to get everyone's attention, and to clobber it. I won't be surprised at all if we get more of it again this year.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Hi Arpheus - we don't celebrate a Thanksgiving in Australia - which I do admit to being thankful for.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

6. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Wish I could spend it alone watching the Lions lose, like they usually do.

7. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

I don't do corporate and elite sponsored/created holidays. I don't enjoy watching people march up and own the square in identical green uniforms. Blind to their own insanities.

When I walk through shopping malls during holiday seasons I feel like I'm going to throw up ----and the world wobbles. I can't deal with it anymore. I have to sit at home and not go to such places until after 'Christmas' and 'new year' (whatever those things mean). The western world drives me bonkers, sometimes. I was born here, but I don't really identify with it at all. Now actual real holidays, true real universal resonance, I'm all for those days. and those are tied not to man made human debasement calendars of the western world, but to energetic resonance and planetary alignments. Those be real and those are very nice.

Remember, the Gregorian calendar (12 months, 365 days, etc) was created by Augustus, Constantine, and crew (Council of Nicaea) , who designed it as a method of debasing humankind and ripping them away from their roots..and placing a false dance in it's place.
    Last edited by Carmody; 21st November 2010 at 18:43.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

8. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I feel sorry for the turkeys ...

9. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Your not alone Dawgbone,the barbaric brutal carnage of the slaughter is just unimaginable in my mind,i try to avoid to even try and picture such horrors .

10. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arpheus (here)
    Your not alone Dawgbone,the barbaric brutal carnage of the slaughter is just unimaginable in my mind,i try to avoid to even try and picture such horrors .
    I've been an on-again, off-again vegetarian for the past 12 years or so. I'm going to make a real effort to do that consistently.

Vegetarian diets can be quite delicious!

11. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,808 times in 2,892 posts

I'm not one for the fake holiday crap, BUUUUUUT , it gives me an excuse to stock up on food....LOL
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

12. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

To my new vegetarian friends, and those who feel alone, and those who feel great sorrow for the turkeys; instead of turkeys it could be humans. For those of you that feel alone, have you ever been with those individuals that don't leave, they stay and stay and stay...and let's not forget the ungrateful, with nothing to be happy for, and and those who remind us that this dish has too much salt and the other doesn't have enough. And for you vegetarians, you did nothing wrong, you didn't eat the turkey and you are grateful you didn't. So 2 birds killed with 1 shot.

By the way, what do you bet that most of us who celebrate Thanksgiving, and have too many folks around, will be sneaking out to see how our true kindred are doing at Project Avalon. We will be seeking peace and sanity from you.

Happy Thanksgiving, Future Ascentioners, we are closer. ps. is that a word?
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

13. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thanksgiving is not about eating turkeys. It is about giving thanks. It can be a day to do that with family or a day to spend in quite meditation. I had a good friend suddenly pass away this week. It makes you more aware that we are not on this planet indefinitely. So make sure you tell those people who mean something to you - Thanks... For all they do, for all they inspire, and for the love they bring to you each day.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pamela For This Post:

Heartsong (24th November 2010)

15. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

You don't need thanksgiving day to give thanks. You can do that any day
    Here is the average Thanksgiving get together.
    Drive a long way to get there, make small talk with family members that don't really know you or care to know you. Eat.
    Sit on the couch to watch yet another boring football game and promtply fall sleep.
    At the end maybe drink (alcohol) to get drunk and past the arguments and or comments. Travel back home. The end.
    A couple of years ago my neighbor slapped his wife because she would not make him turkey leftover sandwich! AGHHH!
    Remember what they say "some traditions are just mistakes from the past that where never corrected" LOL
    You are never alone if you have love in your heart. Thaksgiving is for the turkeys.

16. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DawgBone (here)
    I feel sorry for the turkeys ...
    Me too DawgBone I don't celebrate thanksgiving as i'm in England but Christmas and Easter is celebrated by eating Turkey.
    I work for a food logistics company and around that time of the year I see all the Turkeys boxed up it feels barbaric to me.
    Vegetarians rule :D

17. The Following User Says Thank You to scootiep For This Post:

DawgBone (23rd November 2010)

18. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,808 times in 2,892 posts

I celebrate thanksgiving every day of my life so in effect I don't need a day to separate one for the other, on Thanksgiving day I would rather not be bothered.
    I say "I LOVE YOU" to all my fiends/family when done talking to them in person or on the phone or chat, when I leave them, I tell them all the time, that is the way I celebrate my thanksgiving, Same goes with x-mass.

I am grateful all the time and i never let my friends and family forget it.
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

19. Link to Post #17
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)

In recent times I've also noticed that the event seems to have become a favourite time for dirty tricks. With so much multicasting going on these national holiday events are a rare opportunity to get everyone's attention, and to clobber it. I won't be surprised at all if we get more of it again this year.
    Blimey! i was just expressing this exact thought in a conversation at work today!!!

couldn't agree more

20. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

ya ill be chillen on the net like normal

peace with you on the day and every day man
    SomniumTheater

peace progress and beyond to all

21. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Red face Re: How many Avalonians will spend their Thanksgiving day all alone ?

With five kids a mother in law bed stricken and an elderly mom of my own of 86 years old I try to take the time to have an attitude of gratitude for every breath I take. Is nice to find the time to bring the family together once in a while, as I honestly don't always have enough time to spend with all of them together at the same time. Turkey day is the perfect excuse to do just that.

For those who spend days like these alone and nostalgic my thoughts are with you . We are never alone if your heart is filled with love and compassion for others as there's always new people to welcome into our lives many who are in need of a warm plate of food. Following the example of my elderly wise mom I try to share a little of my time and blessings with those less fortunate.

To all of you may you have a happy thank you day each and everyday of your lives.
    Last edited by frank samuel; 24th November 2010 at 00:56.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frank samuel For This Post:

Caren (24th November 2010), Harley (24th November 2010)

23. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

I am under the 'auspices' of the UK government, living and having been born on the parcel of land it claims ownership of, and we don't have a thanksgiving day at all (though I sometimes wish we did, though not for any specific thing, sometimes it just feels nice to be grateful, it's much lovelier than feeling neglected lol), but loneliness at the holidays is a bad thing.

To all those who like being alone at the holidays, good for you for going after what makes your happy, for those, alone or otherwise, who will be lonely at the holidays, I will raise a glass and think of you, so you will be in my thoughts if not in my dining room.

Admittedly that's a condolence so small it's likely to be immaterial lol XD

Seikou-Kishi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast