Thread: All Things Vegan!

1. Link to Post #741
    Thanks
    Thanked 31,774 times in 6,872 posts

Default Re: All Things Vegan!

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Didgevillage (here)
    I often hear vegans say that they are filled with energy or felt a burst of energy when they ate such and such vegetable/fruit.
    I just can't help wondering if that means they are lethargic and have no energy at all under normal circumstances.
    Please prove me wrong.
    I can't help but wonder if you aren't riddled with parasites and just don't know it ... please prove me wrong.

... playing these word games here isn't going to get anyone anywhere ... please stop.
    He has a good point. If someone is malnourished, the body would get quite a blast from any bit of missing nourishment.
    And does "malnourished" mean "vegan" to you? Because he implicitly implied that all vegans are malnourished then. It was an implication that he wanted to make -- it wasn't a question he was asking or a consideration being made, or a request for feedback. He came to this thread again, after already being warned by mods about his behavior here, to imply that all vegans are malnourished ... its childish.

He doesn't have any point ... it was a valid question perhaps, but no question was ever asked, no info or opinion was ever requested and the initial post came off 100% as trolling. He wasn't interested in any insight or answer, else a question or rational discussion would have been had - this isn't really up for debate - it was obvious and reinforced by many of his other similar posts.

He had some decent posts, but most really just made him look like the type of guy you wouldn't waste your time trying to have a conversation with.

Clearly it was this I was being critical of, I'm pretty sure I was clear about what I was an was not criticizing.

Had he framed his post properly, or, been actually genuinely trying to learn and understand and share, everything would have continued on as normal. That didn't happen.

My 2 cents ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 21st May 2019 at 23:35.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Akasha (21st May 2019), Constance (22nd May 2019), Ken (22nd May 2019), RunningDeer (21st May 2019)

3. Link to Post #742
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,059 times in 1,203 posts

Asian outbreak of African swine fever. Millions culled so far driving up the global price of pork:

the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Constance (28th May 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Ken (13th June 2019)

5. Link to Post #743
    Thanks

This is so twisted. Laboratory euphanisms for pure, unadulterated cruelty:

Last edited by Akasha; 11th June 2019 at 19:33.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Constance (13th June 2019), Franny (4th July 2019)

7. Link to Post #744
    Thanks

The Abuse within dairy continues, this time at Fair Oaks farm, USA. It's not "fair" and it's more of a large scale industrial operation than a "farm".

Don't be under the illusion that this is the exception rather than the norm. Much of this is standard industry practice.

If you are still consuming dairy products, please consider the cruelty you are subjecting mothers and children to because of your choices - that includes grass-fed etc too - after all, they all still end up in the slaughterhouse.

This is 2019. We don't need to be still doing this.

Be the change.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Constance (11th June 2019), DeDukshyn (12th June 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Ken (13th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #745
    Thanks

From vegan YouTuber, Perspective Philosophy:

Quote Abandon all hope, ye who enter in. This video explores the hidden victims of slaughterhouses, namely the workers. I shall present my argument as to why the workers are only another casualty within the Meat, Dairy and Egg productive process.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Constance (13th June 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Ken (13th June 2019)

11. Link to Post #746
    Australia Avalon Member Napping's Avatar
    Thanks

I’m starting to reconsider my love for ingesting all forms of animal products. I remain tied in knots around whether killing animals to satisfy our taste preferences, but the way i get my animal food via mass production and what those animals endure doesn’t sit well with me anymore and I’d like to consider a step towards adopting some vegan habits and see where that takes me.

What’s a really easy to follow internet based vegan for beginners resource that you would recommend. I’d like to start with two days a week for myself and my family.

Apologies if this is posted already deep within this thread or elsewhere.

Cheers,

Matt

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Napping For This Post:

Akasha (13th June 2019), Constance (13th June 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Ken (13th June 2019), RunningDeer (12th June 2019)

13. Link to Post #747
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Napping (here)
    I’m starting to reconsider my love for ingesting all forms of animal products. I remain tied in knots around whether killing animals to satisfy our taste preferences, but the way i get my animal food via mass production and what those animals endure doesn’t sit well with me anymore and I’d like to consider a step towards adopting some vegan habits and see where that takes me.

What’s a really easy to follow internet based vegan for beginners resource that you would recommend. I’d like to start with two days a week for myself and my family.

Cheers,

Matt
    Hi Matt. I usually direct people to Challenge22. Go there, sign up and you'll receive fabulous recipes and personal guidance from mentors and clinical dietitians.

However, if you want to avoid Facebook which I can totally understand, I'll be happy to focus on your request next week when I have some free time. Just let me know in a PM or on this thread.

Best

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Constance (13th June 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Hym (13th June 2019), Ken (13th June 2019), RunningDeer (13th June 2019)

15. Link to Post #748
    Australia Avalon Member Napping's Avatar
    Thanks

Akasha that’s great, let me try the fb group and get back to you if I don’t find what I’m after. I appreciate you taking the time.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Napping For This Post:

Akasha (13th June 2019), Constance (13th June 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Hym (13th June 2019), Ken (13th June 2019), RunningDeer (13th June 2019)

17. Link to Post #749
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 109,089 times in 12,674 posts

Quote Posted by Napping (here)

Cheers,

Matt
    Health benefits and reversal of disease from a whole food plant based (WFPB) diet:

The China Study,” by T. Colin Campbell, PhD & Thomas M. Campbell II, MD. The title is misleading. There are lots of other studies. Here’s a free pdf of an older version. I’d suggest a hard copy rather than a Kindle edition because it’s about 450 pages.
    The China Study: Revised and Expanded Edition: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, and Long-Term Health

4,017 reviews = 4.5 stars
    Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition,” by T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Howard Jacobson, PhD
    638 reviews = 4.5 stars (New York Times Bestseller)
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 13th June 2019 at 15:07.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Akasha (13th June 2019), Constance (13th June 2019), Hym (13th June 2019), Ken (22nd June 2019), Napping (8th July 2019)

19. Link to Post #750
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,258 times in 1,555 posts

Kangaroos are extraordinarily powerful creatures. I once encountered a great big buck who stood eye-to-eye with me and I am 5"7 1/2 (172cm). We eye-balled each other for a minute or two before I retreated respectfully. We had a quiet understanding between us.

Kangaroo Fights Back Breaking Hunter's Jaw
    The hunter was aiming a gun at another animal at the time of the attack

Click image for larger version

Name:	5a8d697f1e9682000172e665_vegan-plantbased-kangaroo.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	40898

A hunter sustained serious facial injuries last Tuesday when the kangaroo he'd targeted 'fought back' - attacking the teenager who was in a moving vehicle.

Joshua Hayden was in Kellerberrin, Western Australia, on one of the frequent hunting trips he took with his brother, when he tried to shoot some animals.

'Knocked out'
    Hayden was leaning out of a car window, aiming his gun at two kangaroos, when a third - who had previously disappeared from view - 'charged his car'.

He said: "It actually collided with the side of the car and smashed the front window.

"Then it bounced back onto me and headbutted me straight in the jaw."

Hayden was knocked out, and suffered a shattered jaw and cheekbone as a result of the attack. When he regained consciousness, he was confused, initially thinking it was his brother who'd hit him.
    'Going crazy'
    While Hayden says nothing like this has happened to him before, he claims he's observed increasing aggression from the animals he hunts.

"The kangaroos are going crazy these days. As soon as they see a car they hop right up to it and give it right back."

Doctors told Hayden they will have to wait until the swelling in his face goes down before they can operate.

The condition of the kangaroo is unknown.

Source: Plantbased news
    Last edited by Constance; 23rd June 2019 at 05:15.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Akasha (23rd June 2019), DeDukshyn (22nd June 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Ken (28th June 2019), Kryztian (22nd June 2019)

21. Link to Post #751
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Kangaroos are extraordinarily powerful creatures. I once encountered a great big buck who stood eye-to-eye with me and I am 5"7 1/2 (172cm). We eye-balled each other for a minute or two before I retreated respectfully. We had a quiet understanding between us.

Kangaroo Fights Back Breaking Hunter's Jaw
    The hunter was aiming a gun at another animal at the time of the attack

Attachment 40898

A hunter sustained serious facial injuries last Tuesday when the kangaroo he'd targeted 'fought back' - attacking the teenager who was in a moving vehicle.

Joshua Hayden was in Kellerberrin, Western Australia, on one of the frequent hunting trips he took with his brother, when he tried to shoot some animals.

'Knocked out'
    Hayden was leaning out of a car window, aiming his gun at two kangaroos, when a third - who had previously disappeared from view - 'charged his car'.

He said: "It actually collided with the side of the car and smashed the front window.

"Then it bounced back onto me and headbutted me straight in the jaw."

Hayden was knocked out, and suffered a shattered jaw and cheekbone as a result of the attack. When he regained consciousness, he was confused, initially thinking it was his brother who'd hit him.
    'Going crazy'
    While Hayden says nothing like this has happened to him before, he claims he's observed increasing aggression from the animals he hunts.

"The kangaroos are going crazy these days. As soon as they see a car they hop right up to it and give it right back."

Doctors told Hayden they will have to wait until the swelling in his face goes down before they can operate.

The condition of the kangaroo is unknown.

Source: Plantbased news
    Instant karma!!!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Constance (23rd June 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Ken (28th June 2019), Kryztian (4th July 2019)

23. Link to Post #752
    Thanks

Quote "If we're feeding ourselves with violence how can we really have a peaceful world?" - Benny the Vegan

More from Benny here.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Constance (23rd June 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Ken (28th June 2019)

25. Link to Post #753
    Thanks

Are you an American dog lover? Then please watch the following short video which illustrates how retrievers are being bred with muscular dystrophy at Texas A and M University for research purposes and take the appropriate steps to bring this practice to an end.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Constance (28th June 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Ken (28th June 2019)

27. Link to Post #754
    Thanks

88-year-old vegan climbs Kilimanjaro

Click image for larger version

Name:	VegNewsFredDistelhorst4.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	41000

Colorado resident Fred Distelhorst may have set a world record as the oldest person to ever ascend one of the world’s highest peaks.

This week, Colorado resident Fred Distelhorst ascended Mount Kilimanjaro—one of the world’s highest peaks, at 19,341 feet. The 88-year-old retired dentist credited his vegan diet for his physical fitness, stating, “I think I’m in pretty good shape even though I’m a little old guy.” Distelhorst climbed the mountain with his 22-year-old granddaughter Ellen Edgerton, who launched a fundraising campaign in conjunction with the climb to benefit orphanages for children with AIDS in Kenya. Distelhorst’s incredible climb is currently under the review by the Guinness World Records to determine if the plant-based athlete will receive the title of the oldest person to conquer Kilimanjaro. Last year, climber Kuntal Joisher became the first-known vegan to summit Mount Everest, accepted by most as the highest mountain in the world.

Source: Vegnews

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Akasha (4th July 2019), Franny (4th July 2019), Ken (5th July 2019), Kryztian (4th July 2019)

29. Link to Post #755
    Thanks

Did you know that more than half of all fish consumed globally come from fish farms? Plant-Based News reports on the shocking reality of this phenomenon (not graphic).

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Constance (4th July 2019), Ernie Nemeth (4th July 2019), Ken (5th July 2019), Kryztian (4th July 2019)

31. Link to Post #756
    United States Avalon Member Ahimsa's Avatar
    Thanks

Being Vegan gives you superpowers. It's true!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahimsa For This Post:

Akasha (8th July 2019), Constance (4th July 2019), Ken (5th July 2019)

33. Link to Post #757
    Thanks

Remember the recent Fair Oaks Farm exposé?

An industry apologist had the nerve/stupidity to back them up, so Earthling Ed decided to comment:

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Constance (8th July 2019), Ken (16th July 2019)

35. Link to Post #758
    Thanks

Dr. Brooke Goldner author of Goodbye Lupis

Shares her thoughts about Avocadoes.
    I've been telling you, don't throw away the avocado with the oils! The nutrients in the avocado promote healing. I have witnessed this in my clients who have reversed autoimmune diseases like Lupus and RA and others while eating lots of avocados, and I healed myself from Lupus while using a lot of guacamole dip to munch down pounds of raw broccoli!

This recent study supports that the worst LDL cholesterol drops MORE with adding avocado to people's diet than taking the fats away and having more grains!

I have never witnessed rapid healing from adding grains, but I have seen amazing results adding avocados.

So don't be afraid of the avocado!

Avocados Lower Small Dense LDL Cholesterol
    Unity within the diversity

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Akasha (17th July 2019), Ken (16th July 2019), Kryztian (18th July 2019)

37. Link to Post #759
    Thanks

If you enjoy tropical fruit, you will enjoy this. There are those who lovingly store seeds and grow rare fruit and those who hunt for it.

600 different types of mangoes!

Fruit Hunters ( The Nature of Things ) Part 2/2
    Unity within the diversity

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Akasha (17th July 2019), Ken (17th July 2019)

39. Link to Post #760
    Thanks

I just received the following request from Total Liberation International so I am passing on the baton to like-minded individuals who recognize the cruelty subjected to some of the most beautiful creatures on the planet in the name of entertainment and want to do something about it:

Quote At least 40 orcas have died at SeaWorld from causes such as severe trauma, intestinal gangrene, and chronic cardiovascular failure. The public has largely turned against SeaWorld—and the embattled company has finally agreed to end captive orca breeding as a result—but this does nothing to help the animals who are still suffering in its tiny prison tanks.

Dozens of companies—including JetBlue, Southwest Airlines, STA Travel, Taco Bell, Mott's, Thomas Cook, Virgin Holidays and many others have severed ties with Seaworld citing the horrific animal abuse Seaworld is involved in as the reason for doing so. Yet AAA and some of its member clubs continue to promote this cruel ABUSE-ment park, which profits from keeping dolphins and orcas in concrete tanks that, to them, are the size of bathtubs.

Many individual AAA clubs, including those in Alabama, Arizona, Minnesota, Texas, and Washington—have made the compassionate decision and stopped selling SeaWorld tickets which promote this animal abusive company.
    It's time the national organization followed suit.

Join this email petition and URGE AAA to DROP SEAWORLD NATIONWIDE!

This campaign will auto-populate an email message for you to send.

WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN EMAIL SUBJECT AND MESSAGE PRIOR TO SENDING!

Link

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst 1 28 38 39 LastLast