Thread: All Things Vegan!

1. Link to Post #721
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: All Things Vegan!

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    • Squeezing your own at home would be about the only way to get the real thing. But while oranges and fresh squeezed orange juice can be a good source of vitamins and other nutrients, they are also very high in fructose
    • Fructose has been identified as one of the primary culprits in the meteoric rise of obesity and related health problems. This is why you should pay equal attention to the fructose consumed in the form of fruit juices and even whole fruits, and not just that from soda and processed foods
    Fruit juice in general isn't a great idea ... sugar is far less a nasty culprit in the presence of fibre. So extracting all the sugar water to drink without the fibre isn't the best idea to begin with, but whole fruit is certainly leagues better for you.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Akasha (21st May 2019), Constance (18th May 2019), Kryztian (20th May 2019)

3. Link to Post #722
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Didgevillage (here)
    I often hear vegans say that they are filled with energy or felt a burst of energy when they ate such and such vegetable/fruit.
    I just can't help wondering if that means they are lethargic and have no energy at all under normal circumstances.
    Please prove me wrong.
    I can't help but wonder if you aren't riddled with parasites and just don't know it ... please prove me wrong.

... playing these word games here isn't going to get anyone anywhere ... please stop.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Akasha (21st May 2019), Forest Denizen (18th May 2019), loungelizard (19th May 2019), RunningDeer (18th May 2019)

5. Link to Post #723
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

You stop.
    I just expressed my genuine impression.

Yep, this is a full moon. Every one needs to deworm (at least once a year) even if you're relatively healthy
    Last edited by Didgevillage; 19th May 2019 at 09:42.

6. Link to Post #724
    Language
    English
    Thanks

You strop.

Yep, this is a full moon. Every one needs to deworm (at least once a year) even if you're relatively healthy
    Think about it ... how is anyone going to prove that to you? Just like you can't prove you aren't full of parasites from an omnivorous diet. It was not a very intelligently laid out question and it easily comes across as trolling.

Perhaps if you had positioned it as a genuine questions something like ...
    "Hi Akasha, since you are obviously fully vegan, I have wondered if being a vegan deprives you of all your energy and causes you lethargy. The reason I ask is because when I hear vegans say they have lots of energy, I actually think they have no energy most of the time so that when they do get a bit of energy, they have to mention it, and that's maybe why all the vegans say they have more energy? As a vegan, what is your opinion on this theory?"
    That would indicate that you are genuinely interested in a response to your theory.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 18th May 2019 at 18:58.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Akasha (21st May 2019), Constance (19th May 2019), Forest Denizen (18th May 2019), loungelizard (19th May 2019), RunningDeer (18th May 2019)

8. Link to Post #725
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    ... playing these word games here isn't going to get anyone anywhere ... please stop.
    I composed a post but I decided not to engage him.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 19th May 2019 at 21:55.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Agape (19th May 2019), Akasha (21st May 2019), Constance (18th May 2019), Forest Denizen (18th May 2019), Kryztian (31st March 2020), loungelizard (19th May 2019), Omi (18th May 2019)

10. Link to Post #726
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

I often hear vegans say that they are filled with energy or felt a burst of energy when they ate such and such vegetable/fruit.
    I just can't help wondering if that means they are lethargic and have no energy at all under normal circumstances.
    Please prove me wrong.
    I can't help but wonder if you aren't riddled with parasites and just don't know it ... please prove me wrong.

He has a good point. If someone is malnourished, the body would get quite a blast from any bit of missing nourishment.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Akasha (21st May 2019)

12. Link to Post #727
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Dr. Robert Lockhart - 30+ years on a raw vegan diet

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Akasha (21st May 2019), loungelizard (19th May 2019), RunningDeer (19th May 2019)

14. Link to Post #728
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Exactly my point.
    This isn't a word game.
    The body is so malnourished --- the longer the years, the worse --- the body functions will kick in as they should, albeit temporarily.

Worms and parasites are similar but they work differently. The STEAL precious nutrients. And it is a big MISTAKE to assume that they are found in the digestive tract only. They can be in the brain, in the eyeballs, lungs, kidneys and even in the joints.

Religions and belief systems can make you blind.
    Parasitology is a field in the medicine but the vast majority of doctors have had little or no training in it in their medical schools. So they have no idea.

---
    I was referring to @TomKat's post right above.
    Last edited by Didgevillage; 18th May 2019 at 22:36.

15. Link to Post #729
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Dr. Robert Lockhart - 30+ years on a raw vegan diet
    Dr. Robert Lockhart needs more calories. Weight comparison 2019, 2018 & 2016.

Published on Mar 7, 2019

Published on Jan 13, 2018

Published on Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 19th May 2019 at 01:09.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Akasha (21st May 2019), Constance (19th May 2019)

17. Link to Post #730
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Dr. Robert Lockhart needs more calories.
    Wow! I hadn't seen these. Thanks for this Paula. He's definitely not getting enough calories as far as I can see or maybe he is dealing with something that we are not aware of?
    I'd be really keen to know if he is still capable of all the feats he has displayed in the past eg. walking on his hands/handstands and what kind of energy levels he has and whether he still feels healthy and vibrant within himself?
    I have friends who live up there with him (Atherton Tablelands) and who know him intimately. I might reach out to them to see where things are at with him.

Last edited by Constance; 20th May 2019 at 00:53.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Akasha (21st May 2019), RunningDeer (19th May 2019)

19. Link to Post #731
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

You strop.

Think about it ... how is anyone going to prove that to you? Just like you can't prove you aren't full of parasites from an omnivorous diet. It was not a very intelligently laid out question and it easily comes across as trolling.

Perhaps if you had positioned it as a genuine questions something like ...
    "Hi Akasha, since you are obviously fully vegan, I have wondered if being a vegan deprives you of all your energy and causes you lethargy. The reason I ask is because when I hear vegans say they have lots of energy, I actually think they have no energy most of the time so that when they do get a bit of energy, they have to mention it, and that's maybe why all the vegans say they have more energy? As a vegan, what is your opinion on this theory?"
    That would indicate that you are genuinely interested in a response to your theory.
    Need I to send a letter to him rather than discuss openly?

I have nothing to hide. Are vegans hiding something?
    Why are vegans so sensitive about certain issues?

Yes, I have a soft spot for plants and animals and mother earth and I do care. But plain English is the only English variety I know and I am not a refined poet.

20. Link to Post #732
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The man looks ill, if you ask me. He needs animal protein.
    Why does veganism require constant self-justification and publicity stunts?
    If veganism is such a great idea, billions will flock to it without any PR. But it's not happening.

21. Link to Post #733
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

The man looks ill, if you ask me. He needs animal protein.
    If veganism is such a great idea, billions will flock to it without any PR. But it's not happening.
    I've read a few of your posts today and it seems like you're here trying to poke and prod and get reactions. Troll behaviour, frankly.

In regards to your above post... I'm not vegan myself but what you've said is apparently nonsense, veganism is one of the fastest rising movements right now, at least in the West. I personally believe that eating small amounts of meat, cheese and specifically eggs is very healthy and very natural, if they come from the right sources, but the vegan movement is, it seems to me, generally about protesting the utterly disgusting ways that animals are treated. I for one wholeheartedly agree that it needs to stop.

And for the record, how many people over 70 years old do you know that can walk on their hands?
    Last edited by MorningFox; 19th May 2019 at 11:52.

22. Link to Post #734
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MorningFox (here)

veganism is one of the fastest rising movements, at least in the West, right now. I personally believe that eating small amounts of meat, cheese and specifically eggs is very healthy and very natural, if they come from the right sources
    I was actually very surprised to find the other day that there were Japanese vegans. Or at least they claim they were vegans.
    Zen dishes, which you may find in some Buddhist/Zen temples, are vegan from the get-go.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_cuisine

but the vegan movement is, it seems to me, generally about protesting the utterly disgusting ways that animals are treated. I for one wholeheartedly agree that it needs to stop.
    I have no quarrel with that, except is it the most burning issue humanity is facing right now?
    Don't bombs dropped on innocent civilians kill animals, wild and domesticated, too?

And for the record, how many people over 70 years old do you know that can walk on their hands?
    I prefer to walk on my feet when I'm over 70.

23. Link to Post #735
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Your shtick is to sweep with a broad-brush. I was about to add it got old six months ago but you’ve only been here less than two.

You have much to offer, but many will not know it until the all or nothing/black/white thought process gets sorted out. Or will it? Are you paid to troll? Or is that the way you engage in publicity stunts? That must mean you're a vegan. Oh, now I get it! It's your way to bring positive attention to the movement!
    Well played, Didgevillage.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 19th May 2019 at 13:43.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Akasha (21st May 2019), Forest Denizen (19th May 2019), Hym (19th May 2019), Kryztian (20th May 2019)

25. Link to Post #736
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Originally, I had no intention of posting stuff on this thread, because I have ZERO interest in veganism.
    But there were attacks against me, and not ideas, very unfitting for a civilized forum, and I was forced to speak up.

I didn't even know that veganism was a movement. Thank you for letting me know. I thought veganism was a NWO psy-op, just like flat earth.

I wish the movement a lot of success.
    And for the movement to be successful, there should be no secrets, politicking or propaganda.
    Merits and demerits of veganism must be laid out for public scrutiny.

26. Link to Post #737
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Originally, I had no intention of posting stuff on this thread, because I have ZERO interest in veganism.
    But there were attacks against me, and not ideas, very unfitting for a civilized forum, and I was forced to speak up.
    Well, you may be kidding yourself, or maybe you have a poor memory.

This was your very first post on this thread. Were you forced to speak up about this?

Vegan caught eating fish
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7OOZ9VP7AE

I guess veganism is alright, as long as it doesn't make you sick.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Akasha (21st May 2019), Constance (20th May 2019), Forest Denizen (19th May 2019), Kryztian (20th May 2019), RunningDeer (19th May 2019), Yoda (22nd May 2019)

28. Link to Post #738
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Your shtick is to sweep with a broad-brush. I was about to add it got old six months ago but you’ve only been here less than two.

Personally, I find a one-sided discussion less interesting than a two-sided discussion, and I've seen no trolling in this thread.
    What I have less patience for is the proselytizer. Proselytizers need to be challenged, in my opinion.
    Last edited by TomKat; 20th May 2019 at 11:48.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Akasha (21st May 2019)

30. Link to Post #739
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Well, you may be kidding yourself, or maybe you have a poor memory.

This was your very first post on this thread. Were you forced to speak up about this?

Wouldn't you speak up in the face of all the fakeries in the world?
    I had ZERO interest in veganism, as practiced as a food preference, but now it is clear to me that there is a much, much bigger picture.

31. Link to Post #740
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,163 times in 1,390 posts

Hey Didge', sorry to to see you go, really!

I keep thinking this could have all been worked out if I'd been around a bit more and I really appreciate some of your posts on other threads too although I think working on your online etiquette may well help your points travel a lot further.

Hey ho, maybe next time.

In the hope of you still lurking, please check out the following video in response to the Rawvana video you posted. It highlights everything that is wrong within the "vegan" community:

the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Constance (21st May 2019), DeDukshyn (21st May 2019), Kryztian (29th May 2019), RunningDeer (21st May 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst 1 27 37 43 LastLast