+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sense8 Netflix show

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Sense8 Netflix show

I just came across this show, it's about 7 people who have the ability to psychically connect with one another. It's really well made and I have this weird connection with what's happening in the show.

I would recommend to watch this show.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EWO For This Post:

alh02 (18th June 2015), Alpha141 (9th August 2015), DeDukshyn (18th June 2015), edina (10th August 2015), genevieve (3rd August 2015), T Smith (19th June 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

edina (10th August 2015), EWO (18th June 2015), Fellow Aspirant (18th June 2015), Matt P (18th June 2015), seko (2nd August 2015), Stardad (18th June 2015), T Smith (19th June 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

Default Re: Sense8 Netflix show

Those offended by display's of intimacy - and acts of fortification should either not watch this show - or not complain if they watch it and see it. I personally thought the 1st and 2nd episodes were a great "troll" to homophobes (Re: Nomie)

I think I'm up to episode 8 and they still have not figured out their connection.

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

I was wondering if anyone else on Avalon would catch this show.

Definitely not an entry level course for the awake and aware. The matrix was good at reaching people who were still asleep and getting them to think a little about some of metaphors there. It's like a pre-requisite course in some ways.

Cloud Atlas took you a little further by assuming you had a little background on the bigger picture here. If you don't yet have a decent grasp on the things we've learned about consciousness and reincarnation, then a lot of that movie will go over your head. But if you already do have an understanding of those things, the movie was a pleasure to watch because it was a place where we could dive deeper into the implications of things. The Wachowskis carry the thoughts a lot further and show us a slightly larger picture.

Sense8 is another course in that curriculum. In this class, you are getting hit with the classic metaphor of the corporate bad guys who rule the planet and will tolerate no threat to their hard won status quo. That's nothing new. But the new material they are hitting us over the head with is the gender subject that we still need to explore WAY more than our ignorant western culture has allowed us to yet. They are also carrying the study of telepathy a little farther than most people have.

The human spirit is a form of energy, is it not? When we are not occupying a physical avatar, what are we? Can a ball of light have a gender? What is androgyny? Is a discarnate spirit male or female? Or is it both? Or is it neither? Once humans come to grips with the fact that male and female is simply a trait we put on while we're here, and that it can be taken off, or changed, or transcended, it kind of makes it easier for us to look into someone's eyes and see the spirit inside the avatar. If you don't have an understanding of this, then you will not be able to enjoy Sense8 as much. Because once you open the doors of telepathy, things like this become part of the picture.

The Wachowski's do a great job of taking the notion of telepathy and carrying the thought out further for us. What if it was possible? Well first of all, it would be a struggle if we are still immature about the androgyny of the human spirit. But the cool thing they also are doing that not many other movies or tv shows have done yet is, they add bilocation to the mix. What might be some of the challenges and implications if humans began to learn how to bilocate?

There are some critics like the reviewer from Forbes who complained that a big problem with the show was its pacing. I think that is the best part about it. They don't gloss over anything or hurry things along. They let the viewer savor this exploration of what it would be like if a few humans found themselves opening up the doors of telepathy and other gifts that will be available to the next generation of humans. If you have problems with intimacy, are you ready for the new age? If you haven't spent any time learning how to love and forgive yourself first, how will you be able to share a telepathic relationship with anyone, where judgements do nothing but get in the way?
    Last edited by Joe Akulis; 19th June 2015 at 13:15.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

edina (3rd August 2015), fifi (4th August 2015), Karezza (22nd June 2015), seko (2nd August 2015), T Smith (19th June 2015)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Do you remember the first color television programs? My father took the family to his work-a radio/t.v.repair shop, on a New Year's day. We watched the first Rose Bowl Parade sent over color t.v. I remember him saying to us that the "reds" meaning the color red, were not showing up correctly YET...that in time, as the electronics improved, so would our seeing the true reds. What my 9 yr old granddaughter "sees" is so much more detailed than I see at age 70. I'm not really sure we see colors the same. Remember when crayons only came in a few colors in a small box? Now look at the selection. All around us we are witness to humans who prefer to practice communication via all types of electronic gadgets...maybe it would be wiser to start practicing telepathy. I encourage a day free of the electronic chatter. Maybe we might begin to hear the thoughts of others more clearly, or perhaps the whisperings of those who have passed on.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moekatz For This Post:

edina (10th August 2015), genevieve (3rd August 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

I think the connection factor is really cool. Too bad it's so violent!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Delight (3rd August 2015)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 times in 2,420 posts

let's extend just a little bit more on this coolness....

"What fires together, wires together in the human brain."

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3049223/...dom-brainwaves

http://sense8brainwavesymphony.com/

http://streetgiraffe.com/2014/02/10/...bic-resonance/

There is much to dive deeper in through the links here, grab yourself a cup tea, or joe, or wine, ...
    Give yourself some time to enjoy the feast of food for thought. make a date with your own destiny.

Riding the rising swell of the incoming wave... for those who are prepared to comprehend.

And remember to step out into nature and stand barefoot in the moonlight, gazing at the stars, and breath in the bliss of the beauty of it all.
    Last edited by edina; 2nd August 2015 at 21:55.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Alpha141 (9th August 2015), Camilo (9th August 2015), genevieve (3rd August 2015), Joe Akulis (3rd August 2015)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

I watched all the episodes and think it is an echo of what I know is possible for us as people. To have individuality and also experience the abilities and POV others have is IMO where we can move through the opening of empathy. The series gets really deep about issues like sexuality. It had much to offer me in the story reflecting of my own human values. I absolutely KNOW we have natural sensate capacity and all the others. We have been misguided about these. They are part of our equipment. I am so excited about these potentials.

The subplot of sensate8 (or was it the main plot REALLY) is the intention of powerful authority to destroy all human potential of expression.

I loved the idea of this program but I wonder more and more if I can screen out absorbing the "PROGRAM".
    I always question the story line of violence deliberately pointed in the direction of possibility.
    I don't THINK I take on the message "Don't Go there"?
    But I havn't GONE there (meaning I am not sensate).
    Is there any correlation between a subtle installation of doubt through FEAR and the way my latant capacity is dormant?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

edina (4th August 2015), genevieve (3rd August 2015)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    Is there any correlation between a subtle installation of doubt through FEAR and the way my latant capacity is dormant?
    The answer to that question is probably a lot more complex than you or I can really know. I believe our Higher Self will govern/limit our exposure to things that we are not ready to handle yet, unless we become very dedicated to leaping in through sheer power of will. And I believe our ability to handle things depends a lot on other parts of our story that we don't know much about while we're here.

I'm referring to past life experiences. Someone who has been to the Earth school dozens and dozens of times, may have gained the kind of emotional and spiritual and intellectual maturity necessary to avoid being a danger to themselves and others if they were to start awakening these latent capacities. After all, if you can't forgive something unforgivable in the blink of an eye, then maybe it would be a bad idea to awaken an ability that could cause direct harm to someone simply by thinking about causing them harm. And then we just have a bigger mess, and quickly find ourselves in over our heads.

I'm pals with someone who can testify to the fact that you will spend many more lifetimes trying to remedy the mistakes that patience may have avoided. The hard part for some of us will be judging if we should, not if we could. That question could also apply to humanity as a whole, with regard to many of the technologies we have developed over the years. It seems most of the best innovations are only ever held in the hands of those least capable of handling them well and with noble intent. That really stinks.

That's just one angle, in regards to your question. I'm sure people can contribute lots of other things to consider.

If you are like me, and have bouts of fear at times when nearing the edge of that forest, then it may be worth while to trust your higher protectors and instead focus on learning to process fear, and learning how to deal successfully with situations that cause fear. You may find yourself identifying situations in life that come and go that you now stop yourself and force yourself to treat something as the perfect learning situation, when previously, you would have just been stressed out and upset at how it affected you. Like a bad encounter with an aggressive individual.

Small lessons can take you to larger and larger lessons. You may be surprised to see how easy it is to have lessons placed before you, if you only ask yourself to start helping with them. Then like lots of things, just be open for the answers. After time, and practice like that, you gain some of the keys to the next kingdom.

Just some thoughts. The funny thing with Avalon is, when you come back a year later and read some of your past thoughts, how it can make you shake your head. So, don't take anything I write too seriously. We're all just looking at puzzle pieces and trying to fit some together.
    Last edited by Joe Akulis; 3rd August 2015 at 19:31.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

Delight (4th August 2015), edina (4th August 2015), Fanna (9th August 2015), seko (3rd August 2015)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Fanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 times in 329 posts

A fun exercise to perform while watching this show is to compare each sensate to a chakra. Each character is part of a single cluster-- almost in the image of a "larger" being.

Capheus' struggles teach the root.
    Wolfgang teaches the sacral.
    Sun, the solar plexus.
    Riley is the most damaged, but she is the heart. Follow the music.
    Lito, the throat
    Will's intuition be precognition alone give him away as the third eye.
    Nomi's connection from her crown aids all.
    Kala teaches us of the less talked about eighth chakra.

Try it out or discuss your thoughts here with me. I'm going to go make some lemon water. Namaste.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fanna For This Post:

edina (10th August 2015), Joe Akulis (20th October 2015)

20. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member Alpha141's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 times in 272 posts

One of the most amazing shows i have ever seen. There are quite extreme displays yes on many levels. But, for me, they may be required in this instance to show that those extreme emotional moments are the actual triggers to penetrate this reality's limits to instigate the connection to each of the cluster of 8's fellow members. The development. The supportive nature for each other. The recognising of each others strengths etc. Brilliant brilliant show....

Episode 5 quote 'Impossibility is a kiss away from reality'

That is gold. Have watched it a couple of times and will re-watch when i need some medicine of our possibilities when people impose the limitations this reality wish us to not have.
    "Fraud and Falsehood Dread Investigation. Truth Invites It' - Thomas Cooper -
    My website latest creations - http://www.servantoftruth.org

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alpha141 For This Post:

Camilo (9th August 2015), edina (10th August 2015), Fanna (9th August 2015), Joe Akulis (10th August 2015)

+ Reply to Thread