+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 115 FirstFirst 1 9 49 59 69 109 115 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2281

Thread: The Great Quotes thread

1. Link to Post #1161
    United States Avalon Member Justintime's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: The Great Quotes thread

"It is a ridiculous demand which England and America make, that you shall speak so that they understand you, neither men nor toadstools grow so" Thoreau, Walden
    After the First World War there is No Other.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Justintime For This Post:

crosby (12th October 2013)

3. Link to Post #1162
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

"Grown men can learn from very little children for the hearts of the little children are pure. Therefore, the Great Spirit may show to them many things which older people miss." - Black Elk, Oglala Sioux Holy Man
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

crosby (12th October 2013), Justintime (12th July 2013)

5. Link to Post #1163
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

.... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

Christine (15th September 2013), crosby (12th October 2013), Jake (12th October 2013), jessamy99 (15th September 2013), UpToLight (12th October 2013)

7. Link to Post #1164
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,798 times in 2,657 posts

The mysticism of music lives within the soul; sing, sing loud and let the melody of life be you.
    corson.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Jake (12th October 2013)

9. Link to Post #1165
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 times in 385 posts

"A farting horse is a working horse, a farting man is a stinky bastard to work beside." My friend crazy Bill the mennonite
    "The Perception of an Illusion is Deception, even when you believed it was real! Perception of Deception is not an Illusion at all!" Carl Stoynoff

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wookie For This Post:

crosby (12th October 2013)

11. Link to Post #1166
    Thanks

i am , you are, we exist.
    crosby.

12. Link to Post #1167
    Thanks

"Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either."
    Erich Fromm American Psychologist ~ 1900-1980

13. Link to Post #1168
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

I can't believe no thread on this has been started(at least I couldn't find one in the 'check if already posted option'). I collect quotes It's my favorite thing to do on twitter...

Quotes are wonderful. I'm an avid quote fan as they are such great pieces of wisdom, levity, or just something to pass the time when bored.

btw I am Omnisense. (I do not apply that name to myself i just like it to be clear).

Also, if you do not want to hear the conspiracy ones just skip. It's a sizable chunk, but after that in my first 2 posts are some major gems.
    Conspiracy/NWO Related:

Quote “The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists” –J. Edgar Hoover
    Quote “We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nation will accept the New World Order.” –David Rockefeller
    Quote The real rulers of Washington are Invisible and exercise power from behind the scenes. - Justice Felix Frankfurter - US Supreme Court Justice
    Quote “We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.” - Bill Clinton
    Quote "We are not going to achieve a New World Order without paying for it in blood as well as in words and money." - Arthur Schlesinger Jr., 'The CFR Journal Foreign Affairs', August 1975.
    Quote "A world government can intervene militarily in the internal affairs of any nation when it disapproves of their activities." - Kofi Annan, U.N. Secretary General
    Quote "To achieve world government, it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism, and religious dogmas." - Brock Adams, Director UN Health Organization
    Quote "Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order [referring to the 1991 LA Riot]. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond [i.e., an "extraterrestrial" invasion], whether real or *promulgated* [emphasis mine], that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this *scenario*, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."

Dr. Henry Kissinger, Bilderberger Conference, Evians, France, 1991
    Quote "The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining supercapitalism and Communism under the same tent, all under their control.... Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent."

Congressman Larry P. McDonald, 1976, killed in the Korean Airlines 747 that was shot down by the Soviets
    Quote "We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries."

David Rockefeller, founder of the Trilateral Commission, in an address to a meeting of The Trilateral Commission, in June, 1991.
    Quote "No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a Luciferian Initiation."

David Spangler, Director of Planetary Initiative, United Nations
    Quote "In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interest, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press....They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers.

"An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers."

U.S. Congressman Oscar Callaway, 1917
    Quote "The world can therefore seize the opportunity [Persian Gulf crisis] to fulfill the long-held promise of a New World Order where diverse nations are drawn together in common cause to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind."

George Herbert Walker Bush
    Quote "In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single, global authority. National sovereignty wasn't such a great idea after all."

Strobe Talbot, President Clinton's Deputy Secretary of State, as quoted in Time, July 20th, 1992.
    Quote "We shall have world government whether or not you like it, by conquest or consent."

Statement by Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) member James Warburg to The Senate Foreign Relations Committee on February 17th, 1950
    Quote "The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes."

Benjamin Disraeli, first Prime Minister of England, in a novel he published in 1844 called Coningsby, the New Generation
    Quote "The governments of the present day have to deal not merely with other governments, with emperors, kings and ministers, but also with the secret societies which have everywhere their unscrupulous agents, and can at the last moment upset all the governments' plans. "

British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli, 1876
    Quote "Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the Field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."

Woodrow Wilson,The New Freedom (1913)
    Quote "What is important is to dwell upon the increasing evidence of the existence of a secret conspiracy, throughout the world, for the destruction of organized government and the letting loose of evil."

Christian Science Monitor editorial, June 19th, 1920
    Quote "The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over city, state and nation. Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self created screen....At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties."

New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, 1922
    Quote "We are at present working discreetly with all our might to wrest this mysterious force called sovereignty out of the clutches of the local nation states of the world."

Professor Arnold Toynbee, in a June 1931 speech before the Institute for the Study of International Affairs in Copenhagen.
    Quote "The government of the Western nations, whether monarchical or republican, had passed into the invisible hands of a plutocracy, international in power and grasp. It was, I venture to suggest, this semioccult power which....pushed the mass of the American people into the cauldron of World War I."

British military historian MajorGeneral J.F.C. Fuller, 1941
    Quote "The UN is but a long-range, international banking apparatus clearly set up for financial and economic profit by a small group of powerful One-World revolutionaries, hungry for profit and power.

"The depression was the calculated 'shearing' of the public by the World Money powers, triggered by the planned sudden shortage of supply of call money in the New York money market....The One World Government leaders and their ever close bankers have now acquired full control of the money and credit machinery of the U.S. via the creation of the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank."

Curtis Dall, FDR's son-in-law as quoted in his book, My Exploited Father-in-Law
    Quote "The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson."

A letter written by FDR to Colonel House, November 21st, 1933
    Quote "Fifty men have run America, and that's a high figure."

Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK, in the July 26th, 1936 issue of The New York Times.
    Quote "Today the path of total dictatorship in the United States can be laid by strictly legal means, unseen and unheard by the Congress, the President, or the people. Outwardly we have a Constitutional government. We have operating within our government and political system, another body representing another form of government - a bureaucratic elite."

Senator William Jenner, 1954
    Quote "The case for government by elites is irrefutable"

Senator William Fulbright, Former chairman of the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee, stated at a 1963 symposium entitled: The Elite and the Electorate - Is Government by the People Possible?
    Quote "The Trilateral Commission is intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States. The Trilateral Commission represents a skillful, coordinated effort to seize control and consolidate the four centers of power political, monetary, intellectual and ecclesiastical. What the Trilateral Commission intends is to create a worldwide economic power superior to the political governments of the nationstates involved. As managers and creators of the system ,they will rule the future."

U.S. Senator Barry Goldwater in his l964 book: With No Apologies.
    Quote "New World Order Needed for Peace: State Sovereignty Must Go, Declares Notre Dame Professor"

Title of article in The Tablet (Brooklyn) (March 1942)
    Quote "Further global progress is now possible only through a quest for universal consensus in the movement towards a new world order."

Mikhail Gorbachev, in an address at the United Nations (December 1988)
    Quote "If we do not follow the dictates of our inner moral compass and stand up for human life, then his lawlessness will threaten the peace and democracy of the emerging new world order we now see, this long dreamed-of vision we've all worked toward for so long."

President George Bush (January 1991)
    Quote "How to Achieve The New World Order"

Title of book excerpt by Henry Kissinger, in Time magazine (March 1994)
    Quote "It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."
    -- John Stockwell, former CIA official and author
    Quote "The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media."
    Former CIA director William Colby (rumored to be assassinated)
    Alien/UFO:

Quote Nobutaka Machimura - (Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary) - "UFOs do exist and aliens have visited the Earth. Certain identified flying objects or UFOs from outer space have visited Earth. The Government position on this is that the Government has no strategy regarding UFO sightings. It is possible that the mysterious drawings and designs of Nazca, Peru have alien origins."
    Quote "I can assure you that, given they exist, these flying saucers are made by no power on this Earth."
-President Harry S. Truman, 4 April 1950, at a press conference.
    Quote "We must insist upon full access to disks recovered. For instance, in the LA case the Army grabbed it and would not let us have it for cursory examination."
-J. Edgar Hoover
    Quote "I certainly believe in aliens in space, and that they are indeed visiting our planet. They may not look like us, but I have very strong feelings that they have advanced beyond our mental capabilities."
-Senator Barry Goldwater (1965)
    Quote "I'm not at liberty to discuss the governments knowledge of extraterrestrial UFO's at this time. I am still personally being briefed on the subject!"
-President Richard M. Nixon
    Quote "It was the darndest thing I've ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colors and it was about the size of the Moon. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. One thing's for sure, I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified objects in the sky.
"
    -President Jimmy Carter
    Quote "I looked out the window and saw this white light.It was zigzagging around. I went up to the pilot and said,Have you ever seen anything like
    that? He was shocked and he said, "Nope." And I said to him: "Let's follow it!" We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light.We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens. When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it."
-President Ronald Reagen (Describing his 1974 UFO encounter to veteran newsman Norman C. Miller, then Washington bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal.)
    Quote "The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously."
-Mikhail Gorbachev
    Quote "The UFO phenomenon being reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious"
-General Nathan Twining Chairman, Joint chiefs of staff, 1955-1958
    Quote "For thirty years, I've held that image in my mind. What I saw was a circular object that looked like two pie plates put on top of each other with a golf ball on top. It was a classic flying saucer,and it shot a beam of something at our warhead"
-U.S. Air Force Lieutenant Robert M. Jacobs
    Quote "I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets which obviously are a little more technically advanced than we are here on Earth."
-Colonel L. Gordon Cooper (Mercury 9,Gemini-5 Astronaut)
    Quote "After the plane from Roswell arrived with the material I asked the base commander to personally transport it in a B-26 to Major General McMullen in Washington DC. The entire operation was conducted under strictest secrecy. The weather balloon explanation for the material was a cover story to divert the attention of the press".
-Brigadier General Thomas Dubose
Commanding Officer of Wright Patterson Air Force Base
Affadavit 09/16/01
    Quote "I've been asked about UFO's and I've said publicly I thought they were somebody else, some other civilization."
-Commander Eugene Cernan, Commanded the Apollo 17 Mission. (LA TIMES, 1973)
    Quote "Blue Book was now under direct orders to debunk...I remember the conversations around the conference table in which it was suggested that Walt Disney or some other educational cartoon producer be enlisted in the debunking process".
-Dr. J Allen Hyneck
Scientific Consultant to Blue Book
    Quote "We have contact with alien cultures."
-Astronaut Dr. Brian O'leary
    Quote "In my official status, I cannot comment on ET contact. However, personally, I can assure you, we are not alone!"
-Charles J. Camarda(Ph.D.) NASA Astronaut
    Quote "Of course it is possible that UFO's really do contain aliens as many people believe, and the Government is hushing it up."
-Professor Stephen Hawking
    Quote "UFO sightings are now so common, the military doesn't have time to worry about them - so they screen them out. The major defense systems have UFO filters built into them, and when a UFO appears, they simply ignore it."
-Lee Katchen (former atmospheric physicist with NASA)
    Quote How the CIA Views the UFO Phenomenon, Second Look, Vol. 1, No. 7, Washington, D.C. (5/1979) -- "We have, indeed, been contacted -- perhaps even visited -- by extraterrestrial beings, and the US government, in collusion with the other national powers of the Earth, is determined to keep this information from the general public." -Former Special assistant to the executive director os the CIA Victor Marchetti
    Quote "Mission control, we have a UFO pacing our position, request instructions."

Astronaut Cady Coleman
    NASA Transmission - Shuttle Mission STS-73
    Quote "All Apollo and Gemini flights were followed, both at a distance and sometimes also quite closely, by space vehicles of extraterrestrial origin - flying saucers, or UFOs, if you want to call them by that name.

Every time it occurred, the astronauts informed Mission Control, who then ordered absolute silence."

Maurice Chatelain
    Former Chief of NASA Communications Systems
    Quote "At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs."

NASA Astronaut Scott Carpenter
    Carpenter photographed a UFO while in orbit on May 24, 1962. NASA still has not released the photograph.
    Quote "Let there be no doubt. Alien technology harvested from the infamous saucer crash in Roswell, N.Mex., in July 1947 led directly to the development of the integrated circuit chip, laser and fibre optic technologies, particle beams, electromagnetic propulsion systems, depleted uranium projectiles, stealth capabilities, and many others.

How do I know? I was in charge!

I think the kids on this planet are wise to the truth, and I think we ought to give it to them. I think they deserve it."

Colonel Philip Corso
    Army Intelligence officer, former Head of Foreign Technology at the U.S. Army's Research and Development Department at the Pentagon. Four years Director of Intelligence on President Eisenhower's White House National Security Staff
    Quote "This was no ordinary UFO. Scores of people saw it. It was no illusion, no deception, no imagination."

Air Marshall Azim Daudpota
    Zimbabwe Air Force, commenting on a UFO witnessed in July of 1985 by many people and tracked on radar.
    Quote "Of course UFOs are real, and they are interplanetary. The cumulative evidence for the existence of UFOs is quite overwhelming and I accept the fact of their existence."

Air Chief Marshall Lord Hugh Dowding
    Commanding Officer of the Royal Air Force during WWII.
    Other:

Quote "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
    — C.S. Lewis
    Quote "This is the strangest life I have ever known..." - Jim Morrison
    Quote "What happens in reality is far more profound, far more diverse, far more ironic, far more beautiful. far more horrible, and FAR more exotic than any movie"
    -me(omnisense)
    Quote "They laughed at me because I am different. I laughed at them because they are all the same."
    Quote "there are more things in heaven and earth than is dreamed of in your philosophy"
    Quote “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
    To change something, create a new model that makes the old model obsolete.” Buckminster Fuller
    Quote A guy talking about airplanes/ships in 1640, Note how this man was likely the object of ridicule and fierce opposition from mediocre minds(possibly even killed if he preached it enough, i didn't look into it):

Yet I do seriously and on good grounds affirm it possible to make a flying chariot in which a man may sit and give such a motion unto it as shall convey him through the air[This man I'm sure was the object of ridicule for stating such truths]. And this perhaps might be made large enough to carry divers men at the same time, together with food for their viaticum and commodities for traffic. It is not the bigness of anything in this kind that can hinder its motion, if the motive faculty be answerable thereunto. We see a great ship swims as well as a small cork, and an eagle flies in the air as well as a little gnat. . . . 'Tis likely enough that there may be means invented of journeying to the Moon; and how happy they shall be that are first successful in this attempt.
    — John Wilkins, 'A Discourse Concerning a New World and Another Planet,' book 1, 1640.
    Quote “I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”
    ~Stephen Hawking
    Quote "Do not only seek the truth, cease to cherish your opinions when challenged."
    Quote "Absence of proof is not proof of absence."
    Quote "God sleeps in the Minerals, Awakens in Plants, Walks in the Animals and Thinks in Man."
    Quote "One may gain from recognizing ourselves in each other."
    -i forget if this was me or someone else
    Quote "all sounds have conscious energies that align to them"
    -me(omnisense)
    Quote "The easy confidence with which I know another mans religion is folly , teaches me to suspect that my own is also." - Mark Twain
    Quote "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
    Quote "You were Born an Original - Don't Die a Copy!"
    Quote "The greatest victory over your worst enemy, is to turn him into your best friend."
    Quote "When I'm judging a theory, I ask myself whether, if I were God, I would have arranged the world in such a way."
    -Albert Einstein
    Quote “The past record of man is burdened with accounts of assassinations, secret combines, palace plots and betrayals in war. But in spite of this clear record, an amazing number of people have begun to scoff at the possibility of conspiracy at work today. They dismiss such an idea merely a conspiratorial point of view.”
    -G. Edward Griffin
    Quote "When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and there is nothing more to fear from them, then he is always stirring up some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader."
    -Plato
    Quote “Ours is the age which is proud of machines which think, and suspicious of men who try to.”
    -H. M. Jones
    Quote “Millionaires do not use astrology, billionaires do”
    -J.P. Morgan
    Quote “I really look with commiseration over the great body of my fellow citizens who, reading newspapers, live and die in the belief that they have known something of what has been passing in their times.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote "your human instrument is the most advanced technology you will have access to for a very long time."
    -A telepathic encounter of mine
    Quote "Comfort the sleeping
    Inspire the Drowsy
    Welcome the Awake"
    -I forget if this was me or a telepathic message or something I read

Quote “Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.”
    Bruce Lee
    Quote "justice is merely vengeance, sugar-coated with heaped servings of self-righteousness"
    -Darksai from the Project Avalon forum
    Quote "There are a million realities unfolding in the eyes of a child, but in the old man only one."
    -From a K626 post on Project Avalon forum
    Quote "Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
    — C.S. Lewis
    Quote "i try to maintain a synchronicity with the universe even though i do not have much a synch with this planet['s actions]"
    -Omnisense
    Quote "The omniverse(and reality) is profoundly holographic. So holographic people often see what they want to in it. Go into something with pre-conceived notions and the mental matrix serves notions that align with the belief."
    -Omnisense
    Quote "To do more for the world than the world does for you - that is success." - Henry Ford
    Quote "In an age of synthetic images and synthetic emotions, the chances of an accidental encounter with reality are remote indeed."
    Serge Daney
    Quote "Those who know the least obey the best"
    Quote "If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you’re misinformed"
    Mark Twain
    Quote "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
    Quote "Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors."
    Quote CAUTION: Your ideologies may appear larger than they actually are....
    Quote "I don't have to believe everything I think."
    Quote "The world needs dreamers. And the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do."
    -Sarah Ban Brethnach
    Quote "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
    - Gandhi
    Quote As was said in the movie Dogma by Rufus (Chris Rock),
    "I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant."
    Quote "Nothing causes more consternation in a group of hypocrits than one honest man." - Albert Einstein
    Quote "It's amazing what can be accomplished, if no one cares who gets the credit."
    Quote "You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them." ~ James D. Miles
    Quote "The belief in coincidence is the prevalent superstition of the modern age."
    Quote as Winston Churchill said, "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
    Quote "My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am "
    Quote "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." — Plato
    Quote "don't give a hungry man a fish, teach him how to fish"
    Quote ''paradise is not a place but a state of mind''
    Quote "life is a dream"
    Quote "The ego is quite delusional"
    -spoken to me telepathically just now(writing it down before it gets deleted)[just now, was a long time ago]
    Quote "The planet have given you all that you have !
    What do you give in return ?"
    Quote "People often confuse awareness for paranoia when they do not have a grasp of what really goes on in the world"
    -Omnisense
    Quote "We have to learn how to stay in a good yet unruly mood as we overthrow the cockeyed mass hallucination that is mistakenly referred to as reality."
    Quote ❝Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.❞ George Carlin RIP
    Quote "...practice in mental/emotional hygiene."
    -A friend of mine(modwiz)
    Quote "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Einstein
    Quote "The only thing new in this world is the history that you dont know.” – Harry S. Truman
    "People dont pay attention until they have to" - Meredith Whitney
    "You cannot find what you refuse to look for." – Lloyd Pye
    Quote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke
    Quote “Look at every path closely and deliberately, then ask ourselves this crucial question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then the path is good. If it doesn't, it is of no use.”
    Carlos Castaneda
    Quote "I don't know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't." ~Jules Renard
    Quote "there's only one way to be right, but there's lots of ways to be wrong"
    -Jeremy, Founder of the www.areyoutargeted.com site
    Quote As Mohandas Gandhi once said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
    Quote "You know, the interesting thing about skeptics, is that we're always looking for proof... the question is, what on earth would we ever do if we found it?"
    [From the movie The Rite]
    "Be skeptical but don't close your mind."
    Quote "My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." - The Dalai Lama
    Quote "The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend."

And I will modify it and say:
    The mind sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend
    Quote "God is an angry god; god is a judgmental god, god is a jealous god, god is a spiteful god, god is a vengeful god, ,,, (Jesus taught that these things were sinful.)

This is why I will not worship the 'god' that is presented in the bible,,, I'm not sure i would even let someone like this in my house."
    -Jake from Project Avalon
    Quote "Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality." - Dr. Michael Ellner, an internationally prominent hypnosis educator and practitioner.
    Quote a statement made by Einstein himself on his seventieth birthday: "There is not a single concept of which I am convinced that it will stand firm, and I am not sure if I was on the right track after all."
    Quote "we need 3 eyes to see through the veil"
    Quote "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Quote "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."
    -Plato
    Quote "Why is it when someone utters the words "with all due respect" they stop showing any?"
    -Richard from the Nexus 2012 forum
    Quote "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."
    ~ William Gibson
    Quote "What you see depends on what you're looking for."
    Quote “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.”
    Jiddu Krishnamurti
    Quote "The cost of sanity, in this society, is a certain level of alienation."
    -Terrence Mckenna
    Quote "God is the biggest delusion in the universe"
    -Omnisense
    Quote "A sane man in an insane world will appear insane."
    I will add more as I scour my twitter account Feel free to add your own(I hope people do)!!! On other forums the quotes thread is always one of the best!!

If you have family or friends who are skeptics to your notions but possible to be swayed to believe you(some aren't), quotes of presidents, astronauts etc could be helpful.

Also, if you know a quote listed that has been debunked, please post such!
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 11th May 2019 at 21:34. Reason: undeleted opening post, so rest of thread still lives on

14. The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Agape (5th July 2014), Anka (20th November 2019), AriG (7th July 2014), avid (5th July 2014), Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), Bill Ryan (7th July 2014), conk (11th July 2014), Constance (3rd October 2015), David Ansible (5th July 2014), deep (25th December 2019), drneglector (16th August 2019), enigma3 (24th October 2020), FinallyNow (23rd October 2015), Frank V (6th July 2014), Gardener (8th July 2014), genevieve (5th July 2014), Icare (11th May 2021), Ivanhoe (5th July 2014), Jake (5th July 2014), Jayren (6th July 2014), Jean-Luc (7th July 2014), joeecho (5th July 2014), Kindling (7th July 2014), Limor Wolf (7th July 2014), Lost N Found (2nd October 2015), Muzz (6th July 2014), palehorse (22nd November 2020), RogeRio (25th July 2019), seko (7th July 2014), Shezbeth (7th July 2014), sirdipswitch (5th July 2014), Sophocles (7th July 2014), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014), Tyy1907 (6th July 2014), Ulyse30 (5th July 2014), william r sanford72 (5th July 2014), Wind (5th July 2014), yelik (5th July 2014)

15. Link to Post #1169
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

Many truths hidden in front of our eyes

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Anka (20th November 2019), AriG (7th July 2014), Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), genevieve (6th July 2014), Lost N Found (2nd October 2015), Omni (5th July 2014), Shezbeth (7th July 2014), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014), william r sanford72 (5th July 2014)

17. Link to Post #1170
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,998 times in 449 posts

You're a ghost
    driving a meat-coated skeleton
    made from stardust.
    What do you have to be afraid of?

(author unknown to me, sorry; anyone know?)

Peace Love Joy & Harmony,
    genevieve

18. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to genevieve For This Post:

Anka (20th November 2019), AriG (7th July 2014), Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), Cara (6th July 2014), drneglector (16th August 2019), graciousb (6th January 2020), Jake (5th July 2014), joeecho (6th July 2014), Limor Wolf (7th July 2014), Lost N Found (2nd October 2015), Muzz (6th July 2014), Omni (5th July 2014), palehorse (22nd November 2020), Shezbeth (7th July 2014), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014), william r sanford72 (5th July 2014), XelNaga (10th May 2019), yelik (6th July 2014)

19. Link to Post #1171
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

“If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim me as a German and France will declare me a citizen of the world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German, and Germany will declare that I am a Jew.” ( Albert Einstein )

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quot...lbert_Einstein

20. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Anka (20th November 2019), AriG (7th July 2014), Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), drneglector (16th August 2019), enigma3 (24th October 2020), FinallyNow (23rd October 2015), Frank V (6th July 2014), Kryztian (18th April 2019), Limor Wolf (7th July 2014), Lost N Found (2nd October 2015), Omni (5th July 2014), palehorse (22nd November 2020), seko (7th July 2014), Shezbeth (7th July 2014), william r sanford72 (5th July 2014), Wind (5th July 2014), XelNaga (10th May 2019)

21. Link to Post #1172
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

We now have the ability to take ET home ... Ben Rich
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Agape (5th July 2014), Anka (20th November 2019), AriG (7th July 2014), avid (5th July 2014), Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), enigma3 (24th October 2020), Limor Wolf (7th July 2014), Omni (5th July 2014), Shezbeth (7th July 2014), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014), william r sanford72 (5th July 2014), yelik (6th July 2014)

23. Link to Post #1173
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote Respect our existence,, or Expect our Resistance...
    Russel Means,

Quote Question EVERYTHING,,,, (or should I?)
    Homer Simpson.

Very cool thread.

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

24. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Agape (5th July 2014), Anka (20th November 2019), AriG (7th July 2014), avid (5th July 2014), Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), Constance (3rd October 2015), drneglector (16th August 2019), enigma3 (24th October 2020), genevieve (6th July 2014), hohoemi (8th July 2014), joeecho (6th July 2014), Kryztian (18th April 2019), Limor Wolf (7th July 2014), Lost N Found (2nd October 2015), Muzz (6th July 2014), Omni (5th July 2014), palehorse (22nd November 2020), Rich (10th May 2019), Shezbeth (7th July 2014), sirdipswitch (5th July 2014), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014), william r sanford72 (5th July 2014), yelik (6th July 2014)

25. Link to Post #1174
    United States Avalon Member LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,612 times in 320 posts

Quote “I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coastguard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable”
    - Alexander Shulgin

26. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to LivioRazlo For This Post:

AriG (7th July 2014), Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), conk (11th July 2014), drneglector (16th August 2019), FinallyNow (23rd October 2015), genevieve (6th July 2014), hohoemi (8th July 2014), Ivanhoe (6th July 2014), Jake (6th July 2014), Limor Wolf (7th July 2014), Lost N Found (2nd October 2015), Omni (5th July 2014), Shezbeth (7th July 2014), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014), william r sanford72 (5th July 2014), XelNaga (10th May 2019)

27. Link to Post #1175
    Thanks

Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream? E.A. Poe

I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way ... Carl Sagan

For every X there's also Y and if they were equal it'd not make a good equation . Meaning .. reasons do not always show themselves till everything is solved .

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

AriG (7th July 2014), Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), genevieve (6th July 2014), Jake (6th July 2014), Lost N Found (2nd October 2015), Omni (6th July 2014), Rich (10th May 2019), Shezbeth (7th July 2014), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014), XelNaga (10th May 2019)

29. Link to Post #1176
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Quote Posted by genevieve (here)
    You're a ghost
    driving a meat-coated skeleton
    made from stardust.
    What do you have to be afraid of?

(author unknown to me, sorry; anyone know?)

Peace Love Joy & Harmony,
    genevieve

(Looks in a mirror) Damn, I look GOOD!

30. Link to Post #1177
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Be like water - Bruce Lee

31. Link to Post #1178
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Thanks for the quotes and post Omniverse. Here are some from Desmond Tutu which I like:

Quote When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.
    Quote I am not interested in picking up crumbs of compassion thrown from the table of someone who considers himself my master. I want the full menu of rights.
    Quote The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
    Quote I have been to the Occupied Palestinian Territory, and I have witnessed the racially segregated roads and housing that reminded me so much of the conditions we experienced in South Africa under the racist system of Apartheid.
    Quote Europe became rich because it exploited Africa; and Africans know that.
    Quote A person is a person because he recognizes others as persons.
    Quote If you want peace, you don't talk to your friends, you talk to your enemies.
    Last edited by Cara; 6th July 2014 at 07:13. Reason: Spelling
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Agape (6th July 2014), AriG (7th July 2014), Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), drneglector (16th August 2019), enigma3 (24th October 2020), Frank V (6th July 2014), genevieve (6th July 2014), Ivanhoe (7th July 2014), Limor Wolf (7th July 2014), Lost N Found (2nd October 2015), Omni (6th July 2014), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014), XelNaga (10th May 2019)

33. Link to Post #1179
    Thanks

''Where are all the people you keep talking about ? I see they're all in your Mind '' .

''Mind is but bunch of memories''

''If you search for Mind , you won't find any . It does not exist.''

( Swami Brahmananda , my long ago Vedanta teacher )

Swamiji .. my mum is ill , I have to return ...''What, your mind is ill? '' ( he was almost 80 and could not hear well in one ear ) . No, my mum is ill ( rising voice ) . ''Then rush'' .

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

AriG (7th July 2014), Constance (3rd October 2015), iamthat (9th July 2014), Omni (6th July 2014), Rich (10th May 2019), Shezbeth (7th July 2014), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014)

35. Link to Post #1180
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

-------

My personal collection. (You did ask!)
    (and scroll down to search for one of my own contributions...)

I have what it takes for me to be successful. I am exactly where I need to be in order to realize that success.
    The only person or thing powerful enough to stop me is myself.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. (Edmund Burke)

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? (Dr Robert Schuller)

The best time to plant an oak tree is two hundred years ago. The next best time is now.

Until one is committed there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favour all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way.
    (W H Murray: The Scottish Himalayan Expedition 1950)

Each indecision brings its own delays and days are lost lamenting over lost days...
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
    Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
    (Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, 1749-1832)

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

If you have a bird in a cage, set it free. If it returns, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was.

Life is that which happens to you when you were planning to do something else (John Lennon)

You get what you expect. (Werner Erhard)

Wait a minute - is this the way I intended my life would be?

A child of four could do this. Someone go and get me a child of four (Groucho Marx)

Magic time happens when unconventional person comes. (fortune cookie: a real one)

You are only old when regrets take the place of plans and dreams.

Celebrate spectacular failure, punish mediocre success.

No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent. (Eleanor Roosevelt)

You have to do that thing that you think you cannot do. (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Due to economy measures, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

A relationship is about admiring and enjoying the flower, not about digging up the bulb to see if it's still there. (Funtz Michener)

Anyone can become angry - that is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right reasons, and in the right way - that is not easy. (Aristotle)

Whenever you're called on to make up your mind
    And you're hampered by not having any
    The simplest way to solve the dilemma you'll find
    Is simply by flipping a penny.

No, not that chance shall decide the affair
    As you're passively standing there moping
    But as soon as the penny is up in the air
    You'll suddenly know what you're hoping. (Piet Hein)

Life can be a Pool of Potential, or a Puddle of Problems...

A goal is a dream written down.

The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what we want the most for what we want at the moment. (Anonymous)

For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. (Fr. Alfred D'Sousa)

I have come to believe over and over again that what is most important to me must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood. The speaking profits me beyond any other effect. (Audre Lorde)

Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory. (Mahatma Gandhi)

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. (Anonymous)

The real act of discovery consists not in finding new lands, but in seeing with new eyes. (Marcel Proust)

Although you keep a jewel
    within yourself
    Nobody will notice it
    unless you
    Polish and brighten it. (Zen saying)

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you. (Jesus Christ)

We never know how far reaching
    Something we may think, say or do today
    Will affect the lives of millions tomorrow.
    It is better to light one candle
    Than to curse the darkness. (B J Palmer)

The challenge is to be available to bring the beauty through ... to open eyes, to open the heart. To strip myself down to wherever I have to go. To suffer whatever I have to suffer, in order to know what I have to know. Not to be afraid of that, even though it hurts a lot. Or to be afraid and not let being afraid stop us. (Deena Metzger, Visionary Teacher)

Don't wait for strangers to remind you of your duty, you have a consciousness and a spirit for that. All the good you do must come from your own initiative. (Popol Vuh, Quiche Indian)

This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognised by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no "brief candle" to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations. (George Bernard Shaw from “Man and Superman”, Dedicatory letter)

When we learn something we always think we're learning something from the outside. That's why our mind is so busy. Transformation is not difficult because it's too far away; it's difficult because it's so close. (Hi-ah Park, Korean Shaman)

Meaning is not something you stumble across, like the answer to a riddle or a prize in a treasure hunt. Meaning is something you build into your life. You build it out of your own past, out of your affections and loyalties, out of the experience of humankind, out of your own talent and understanding, out of the things you believe in, out of the things and people you love, out of the values for which you are willing to sacrifice something. The ingredients are there. You are the only one who can put them together into that unique pattern that will be your life. Let it be a life that has dignity and meaning for you. If it does, then the particular balance of success or failure is of less account. (John W Gardner: “Personal Renewal”)

The truth is inside you,
    and also inside me.
    You know the sprout is
    hidden inside the seed.

We are all struggling;
    none of us has gone far.
    Let your arrogance go,
    and look around inside.

The blue sky opens out
    farther and farther.
    The daily sense of
    failure goes away.

The damage I have done
    to myself fades.

A millions suns
    come forward with light
    when I sit firmly
    in that world. (Kabir)

Relationship is the most important thing in life. That means that one has to understand what love is, when you realise actually what it is not, which is; not to have a mind that is competitive, ambitious, a mind that is striving, comparing and imitating. When you see that love is none of these things, then you will know what love is. (J Krishnamurti)

Only those who have already experienced a revolution within themselves can reach out effectively to help others. (Malcolm X)

If you don't have something you really believe in, life isn't worth living. I can't get anything out of life if I'm not standing up for worthwhile principles. (Maudelle Shirck, Political Activist)

Every human being is born with talent. It's very much like electricity. Anyone can plug it in. It can be used to heat a house or light up a cathedral, or put someone to death in the electric chair. It's all a question of how it is used. (Maya Angelou)

One must learn to care for oneself first, so that one can then dare to care for someone else. (Maya Angelou)

Man cannot discover new oceans until he has courage to lose sight of the shore. (Anonymous)

We run around trying to avoid conflict being very fearful of saying, "I made a mistake . . . " We don't realise that sometimes honest acceptance of our mistakes is where we gain the power. (Papusa Molina, Mexican organiser)

Commitment: The free choice of principles of conduct and a way of life in spite of the lack of any good reasons for accepting them. Their only defence is allegiance to them and action on their behalf. (Jean-Paul Sartre)

Our human awareness is so powerful that even if we tap only a small part of it we can accomplish more than we ever dreamt possible. Using our complete potential we can soar to the height where our accomplishments have great and lasting value for both ourselves and future generations. (Tarthang Tulku)

Knowledge opens all experience to wonderment and appreciation. By nature knowledge illuminates, in the same way that liquids by nature flow. Like a lover absorbed in the beauty of the beloved we can give ourselves to knowledge. (Tarthang Tulku)

Thirty spokes unite at the wheel's hub.
    It is the centre hole that makes it useful.
    Shape clay into a vessel;
    It is the space within that makes it useful.
    Cut out the doors and windows for a room;
    It is the holes which make it useful.
    Therefore profit from what is there;
    Usefulness from what is not there. (Lao Tze)

All of our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them (Walt Disney)

Honesty and integrity make the world go round. If you can fake that, you've got it made (Groucho Marx)

If you can dream it, you can do it. (Walt Disney)

Money never starts an idea; it's the idea that starts the money. (Mark Victor Hansen)

Goals. There's no telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There's no telling what you can do when you believe in them. There's no telling what will happen when you act upon them. (Jim Rohn)

At least eighty per cent of millionaires are self-made. That is, they started with nothing but ambition and energy, the same way most of us start. (Brian Tracy)

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it, you will land among the stars. (Les Brown)

The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes. (Benjamin Disraeli)

Don't say: "If I could, I would". Say: "If I can, I will". (Jim Rohn)

A clear vision, backed by plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power. (Brian Tracy)

We are continually faced by great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems. (Lee Iacocca)

We have to do the best we can. This is our sacred human responsibility. (Albert Einstein)

Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around. (Henry David Thoreau)

Get excited and enthusiastic about your own dream. This excitement is like a forest fire - you can smell it, taste it, and see if from a mile away. (Denis Waitley)

The most important key to achieving great success is to decide upon your goal and launch, get started, take action, move. (John Wooden)

The man who has no imagination has no wings. (Muhammad Ali)

The path to success is to take massive, determined, action. (Anthony Robbins)

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. (Winston Churchill).

Great minds have purposes, others have wishes. (Washington Irving)

No time like the present. (Mary de la Riviere Manley, 1696)

Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.(Napoleon Hill)

The life-spirit and energy which contribute to the mastery of the creative process can never be fully engaged by a commitment to a compromise. (Robert Fritz)

Without deviation, progress is not possible. (Frank Zappa)

Anyone who lives within his means suffers from a lack of imagination. (Lionel Stander)

Winning starts with beginning. (Dr Robert H Schuller)

Know what you are going to do and then do it and don’t backslide. If you make a mistake, make a glorious one. It’s like the man who comes to the tree at the fork in the road and says, “Which way shall I go, this way or that?” Go! Take one way and go. There is always the element of timing. Everything has a time and place. (Guru Rhh)

There is no heavier burden than a great potential. (Charlie Brown)

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do. (Walter Bagehot)

Actions springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility (Dietrich Bonhöffer)

Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work. (H L Hunt)

A crank is a man with a new idea – until it catches on. (Mark Twain)

If you have to swallow a frog, best don’t look at it too long first. (Mark Twain)

Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want. (Margaret Young)

The great French Marshall Lyautey once asked his gardener to plant a tree. The gardener objected that the tree was slow growing and would not reach maturity for a hundred years. The Marshall replied, “In that case, there is no time to lose; plant it this afternoon.” (J F Kennedy)

Nothing would be done at all if a man waited until he could do it so well that no-one could find fault with it. (Cardinal Newman)

Never give in. Never give in. Never give in. (Sir Winston Churchill)

In terms of game theory, we might say the universe is so constituted as to maximise the play. The best games are not those in which all goes smoothly and steadily towards a certain conclusion, but those in which the outcome is always is always in doubt. Similarly, the geometry of life is designed to keep us at the point of maximum tension between certainty and uncertainty, order and chaos. Every important call is a close one. We survive and evolve by the skin of our teeth. We really wouldn’t want it any other way. (George Leonard)

When one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior. (Henry C Link)

If I had to sum up in one word the qualities that make a good manager, I’d say that it all comes down to decisiveness. You can use the fanciest computers in the world and you can gather all the charts and numbers, but in the end you have to bring all the information together, set up a timetable, and act. (Lee Iacocca)

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. (Art Linkletter)

To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming is the only end of life. (R L Stevenson)

The secret of making something work in your lives is, first of all, the deep desire to make it work; then the faith and belief that it can work; then to hold that clear definite vision in your consciousness and see it working out step by step, without one thought of doubt or disbelief. (Eileen Caddy)

When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds; your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be. (Patanjali)

The absence of alternatives clears the mind marvellously. (Henry Kissinger)

The best revenge is massive success. (Frank Sinatra)

Where there is no vision, people perish. (Proverbs 29:18)

There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way. (Christopher Morley)

They can because they think they can. (Virgil)

It’s a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best you very often get it. (W. Somerset Maugham)

A lot of successful people are risk-takers. Unless you’re willing to do that… to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won’t happen. (Phillip Adams)

Stop sitting there with your hands folded looking on, doing nothing. Get into action and live this full and glorious life. Now. You have to do it. (Eileen Caddy)

Here’s a two-step formula for handling stress. Step one: don’t sweat the small stuff. Step two: remember, it’s all small stuff. (Anthony Robbins)

The creative individual not only respects the irrational in himself, but courts the most promising source of novelty in his own thought… the creative person is both more primitive and more cultured, more destructive and more constructive, crazier and saner, than the average person. (Frank Barron)

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. (William Shakespeare)

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though chequered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (Theodore Roosevelt)

Good ideas and innovations must be driven into existence by courageous patience. (Admiral Hyman Rickover)

I never take counsel of my fears. (General George Patton)

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man’s foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher. (Thomas Henry Huxley)

Some men see things as they are and say “Why?” I dream things that never were and say “Why not?” (Robert Kennedy)

You didn’t think when you got up this morning that this would be the day your life would change, did you? But it’s going to happen because the only thing that stands between you and grand success in living are these two things: getting started and never quitting! You can solve your biggest problem by getting started, right here and now. (Dr Robert H Schuller)

Begin difficult things while they are easy, do great things when they are small. The difficult things of the world must once have been easy; the great things must once have been small… A thousand mile journey begins with one step. (Lao Tse)

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at once. (Samuel Smiles)

When a tough, challenging job is to be done, I look for a person who possesses an enthusiasm and optimism for life, who makes a zestful confident attack on his daily problems, one who shows courage and imagination, who pins down his buoyant spirit with careful planning and hard work, but says “This may be tough, but it can be licked.” (Henry J Kaiser)

Luck and opportunity will not be accessible unless you place yourself in the arena of your dreams. (Andy Politz, Everest climber)

You know, we are all going to be dead in a few years. What really makes any difference, anyway? What matters? For me, what matters is that we try. (Eric Simonson, Everest climber)

It doesn't matter how much milk you spill as long as you don't lose the cow. (Harvey Mackay)

THE FIVE ABSOLUTELY UNBREAKABLE LAWS OF LIFE

1. The Law of Cause and Effect: Everything happens for a reason; for every effect there is a specific cause.
    2. The Law of Belief: Whatever you truly believe, with feeling, becomes your reality.
    3. The Law of Expectations: Whatever you expect, with confidence, becomes your own self-fulfilling prophecy.
    4. The Law of Attraction: You are a living magnet and you invariably attract into your life the people, situations and circumstances that are in harmony with your dominant thoughts.
    5. The Law of Correspondence: Your outer world tends to be a reflection of your inner world and corresponds with your dominant patterns of thinking.
    (Brian Tracy)

What we understand we can control. What we don’t understand controls us.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time you have given to you. (Gandalf)

Ridicule is the tribute that mediocrity pays to genius. (Anon)

All truth goes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Then it is violently opposed. Finally it is accepted as self-evident. (Schöpenhouer)

Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on. (Winston Churchill)

Great spirits have always experienced great opposition from mediocre minds. (Albert Einstein)

All that a man achieves and all that he fails to achieve is a result of his own thoughts. (James Allen)

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it and ignorance
    may deride it, but in the end there it is. (Winston Churchill)

Intelligence Quotations:

In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity. (Dean Acheson)

One of the surest signs that intelligent life exists in outer space is that none of it has tried to contact us. (Normandy Alden)

What a distressing contrast there is between the radiant intelligence of the child and the feeble mentality of the average adult. (Sigmund Freud)

The intelligence of the planet is constant....and the population is growing. (Arthur C Clarke)

No one in this world, so far as I know...has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. (H L Mencken)

They tell us absolutely nothing about intelligence elsewhere in the universe, but they do prove how rare it is on earth. (Arthur C Clarke)

The IQ of a group is the lowest IQ of a member of the group divided by the number of people in the group. (screen saver)

My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation. (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

The limits of your language are the limits of your world. (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

When you appeal to the highest level of thinking, you get the highest level of performance. (Jack Stack)

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. (Albert Einstein)

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. (Kierkegaard)

Little things affect little minds. (Benjamin Disraeli)

For those who do not think, it is best at least to rearrange their prejudices once in a while. (Luther Burbank)

Great minds discuss ideas, mediocre minds discuss events, small minds discuss personalities. (Anon)

There was never a genius without a tincture of insanity. (Aristotle)

Curiosity is one of the most permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous mind. (Samuel Johnson)

Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven. (Edward de Bono)

Genius is one per cent inspiration, and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas Edison)

Genius is the ability and willingness to do hard work, and any other concept is a doubtful if not dangerous proposition. (Thomas Edison)

Strength of mind is exercise, not rest. (Alexander Pope)

The more you use your brain, the more brain you will have to use. (George A Dorsey)

Genius is nothing but continued attention. (Claude A Helvetius)

Patience is a necessary ingredient of genius. (Benjamin Disraeli)

Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week. (George Bernard Shaw)

The mind ought sometimes to be diverted that it may return to better thinking. (Phaedrus)

One thing above all gives charm to men's thoughts, and this is unrest. A mind that is not uneasy irritates and bores me. (Anatole France)

Finally, two days ago, I succeeded - not on account of my hard efforts, but by the grace of the Lord. Like a sudden flash of lightning, the riddle was solved. I am unable to say what was the conducting thread that connected what I previously knew with what made my success possible. (Karl Friedrich Gauss)

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind. (Winston Churchill)

The more intelligent one is, the more men of originality one finds. Ordinary people find no difference between men. (Blaise Pascal)

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. (Mark Twain)

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. (Oscar Wilde)

You can lead a jackass to knowledge, but you can't make him think. (Jeff Lee)

THE SIX MISTAKES OF MAN:

1 The delusion that personal gain is made by crushing others.
    2 The tendency to worry about things that cannot be changed or corrected.
    3 Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it.
    4 Refusing to set aside trivial preferences.
    5 Neglecting development and refinement of the mind and not acquiring the habit of reading and studying.
    6 Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.
    (Cicero)

It takes less time to do things right than to explain why you did it wrong. (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)

The cynic is his own worst enemy. It requires far less skill to run a wrecking company than it does to be an architect. (U S Andersen)

Resentment is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies. (St. Augustine)

Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time. (Goethe)

Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened. (Cora Harvey Armstrong)

Quotations from women about women:

The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy. (Helen Hayes at 73)

Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. (Charlotte Whitton)

A male gynaecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car. (Carrie Snow)

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. (Jennifer Unlimited)

If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a noose around your neck? (Linda Ellerbee)

Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart. (Caryn Leschen)

When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. (Elayne Boosler)

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't. (Rhonda Handsome)

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

If high heels were so wonderful, men would still be wearing them. (Sue Grafton)

Behind every successful man is a surprised woman. (Maryon Pearson)

I never married, because there was no need. I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog that growls every morning, a parrot that swears all afternoon, and a cat that comes home late every night. (Marie Corelli)

I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career. (Gloria Steinem)

In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man – if you want anything done, ask a woman. (Margaret Thatcher)

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. (Zsa Zsa Gabor)

Things are going to get a lot worse - before they get worse. (Lily Tomlin)

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends. (Laurie Kuslansky)

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb . . and I'm also not blonde. (Dolly Parton)

You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy. (Erica Jong)

I think – therefore I’m single. (Lizz Winsteaad)

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. (Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe)

Resentment is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies. (St. Augustine)

Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn. (Marla Jones)

What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it. (Alexander Graham Bell)

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. (Dale Carnegie)

Resolve in advance to persist until you succeed, no matter what the difficulty. (Brian Tracy)

Do yourself a favor and master the art of money. Treat it as an honored guest in your life, one who will quickly flee if you do not treat her well, but one who will stay and enrich your life beyond measure if you treat her with care and respect. (Philip E Humbert)

Earn all you can, give all you can, save all you can. (John Wesley)

There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity. And I am unsure about the universe. (Albert Einstein)

The greatest poverty in Britain today is time poverty. People have money, but they don't have time. (Brian Tracy)

If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself. (Mickey Mantle)

The philosophy of the rich versus the poor is this: The rich invest their money and spend what is left; the poor spend their money and invest what's left. (Jim Rohn)

Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. (Margaret Mead, anthropologist)

Don't tell God how big your problems are, tell your problems how big God is.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur (Whatever is said in Latin appears profound)

The longest journey of any person is the journey inward (Dag Hammerskjvld)

A man who has two homes loses his mind; a man who has two women loses his soul. (Chinese proverb)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. (Nelson Mandela)

My life has been full of catastrophes, most of which never happened. (Mark Twain)

Three essential ingredients of teamwork:
    a) A common purpose.
    b) The willingness to deny oneself in the interests of that common purpose.
    c) The trust that the other party will do the same. (Charles Handy)

Financial quotations:

One of the funny things about any market is that every time one person buys, another sells and both think they are astute. (William Feather)

Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget Rule No. 1. (Warren Buffett)

Of course, the investor of today does not benefit from yesterday's growth. (Warren Buffett)

Risk in investing comes from not knowing what you are doing. (Warren Buffett)

You should invest in a business that even a fool can run, because some day a fool will. (Warren Buffett)

It's far better to own a portion of the Hope diamond than 100 percent of a rhinestone. (Warren Buffett)

Never buy at the bottom, and always sell too soon. (Jesse L Livermore)

In investing money, the amount of interest you want should depend on whether you want to eat well or sleep well. (J Kenfield Morley)

The philosophy of the rich versus the poor is this: the rich invest their money and spend what is left; the poor spend their money and invest what's left. (Jim Rohn)

There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: when he can't afford it, and when he can. (Mark Twain)

I don't like money actually, but it quiets my nerves. (Joe Louis)

Trying to become wealthy by saving money is like trying to stay alive by holding your breath. (Bill Ryan)

All anyone wants is to love and be loved. (June Burrough)

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be (Douglas Pagels)

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena; shoes fall is marred by dust; and sweat; who strived valiantly; who errs and may fall again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who does actually strive to do the deed; who does know the great enthusiasm, the great devotion; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. (Mahatma Gandhi)

The Universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. (Eden Philpotts, 1933)

Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself "Lillian, you should have remained a virgin.” (Lillian Carter, mother of Jimmy Carter)

I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalog: "No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Last week, I stated this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister, and now wish to withdraw that statement. (Mark Twain)

The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible. (George Burns)

Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year. (Victor Borge)

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. (Mark Twain)

By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. (Socrates)

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury. (Groucho Marx)

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. (Alex Levine)

I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap. (Bob Hope)

I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it. (W.C. Fields)

We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress. (Will Rogers)

Don't worry about avoiding temptation as you grow older. It will avoid you. (Winston Churchill)

Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty, but everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out. (Phyllis Diller)

By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere. (Billy Crystal)

The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. (Gustave Le Bon)

An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great country. We must take steps to insure our domestic security and protect our Homeland. (Adolf Hitler, 1933)

All truth goes though three stages. First it is ridiculed, then it is violently opposed, and finally it is accepted as self-evident. (Schophenhauer)

Just look at us. Everything is backwards. Everything is upside-down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroys information, and religion destroys spirituality. (Dr Michael Ellner)

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods. (Albert Einstein)

You were born an original, don't die a copy. (John Mason)

It is not the critic who counts; nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better.
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcomings; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions;
    who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end, the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. (Theodore Roosevelt)

Would you like to know what I find beautiful about your species? You are at your best when things are at their worst. (Starman, Jeff Bridges, 1984)

Life IS mystical. It's just that we're used to it.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 7th July 2014 at 03:07.

36. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (7th July 2014), AriG (7th July 2014), Ba-ba-Ra (18th July 2019), Chester (9th July 2014), drneglector (16th August 2019), enigma3 (24th October 2020), Forest Denizen (10th May 2019), Hazel (7th July 2014), hohoemi (7th July 2014), Ivanhoe (7th July 2014), Jean-Luc (7th July 2014), kanishk (8th July 2014), Kate (7th July 2014), Kryztian (18th April 2019), Limor Wolf (7th July 2014), Lost N Found (2nd October 2015), Lyran.Sun (16th October 2019), Midnight Rambler (7th July 2014), Muzz (7th July 2014), ofelas (12th July 2014), Omni (7th July 2014), palehorse (22nd November 2020), Rhogar (17th October 2019), Roisin (7th July 2014), Sean Cullen (7th July 2014), Shezbeth (7th July 2014), Sophocles (7th July 2014), sunwings (10th May 2019), T Smith (8th November 2019), ThresholdRising (8th July 2014), wnlight (26th November 2019), XelNaga (10th May 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 115 FirstFirst 1 9 49 59 69 109 115 LastLast