+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crystal clear

1. Link to Post #1
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

Default Crystal clear

Hi Avalonians ~

I wanted to open this thread for a while mainly to learn more and share between us, and would really appreciate anyone assisting and giving a hand in potentially cataloging these precious stones and it's use from our own personal experience and recommendation. Crystals are considered to be Earth's most remarkable gems, their beauty, characteristics and versatile features are of tremendous benefit in so many different ways. They provides HEALING, CLEARING and the transformation of energy, but are part of a wider phenomemon such as the mysterious Crystal Skulls, the giant crystal caves and are somewhat of a scientific mystery. A real superconductors that were used in ancient days from Atlantis to the later ancient Egypt. Some say that the Crystals encompass Devas, which are the guardians of the elementals, and so should be refered to and respected as a highly conscious living being. Crystals power is acknowledged nowadays even in technology and are a tool that is worth deepening our relationship with if we have not done so yet.

-----------------------------------------------------

Rose Quartz

The fair and lovely Rose Quartz, with its gentle pink essence, is a stone of the heart, a Crystal of Unconditional Love. It carries a soft feminine energy of compassion and peace, tenderness and healing, nourishment and comfort. It speaks directly to the Heart Chakra, dissolving emotional wounds, fears and resentments, and circulates a Divine loving energy throughout the entire aura. Reawakening the heart to its own innate love, it provides a deep sense of personal fulfillment and contentment, allowing one the capacity to truly give and receive love from others

Rose Quartz colors range from very pale pink through to deep pink, and all have that wonderful loving vibration. Deposits have been found in Madagascar, India, Japan and Brazil, as well as in South Africa and South Dakota in the USA.

As it is a heart chakra stone its major impact is in the area of the heart. It is able to also assist in physical problems as it has a lovely balancing energy on the heart chakra organs. It is also especially powerful to heal the upper chakras above the heart chakra.

Rose Quartz is feminine in tone and one of the stones of the Great Mother. It not only activates the human Heart Chakra, it also links with the heart of the Earth and the heart of the Universe.

Its vibrations can penetrate down to the cellular level and reprogram cells for joy and longevity rather than despair and death. It encourages the dissolution of anger and resentment, fear and suspicion, and brings the Light of healing, the rebirth of hope and faith in the benevolence of the Universe

Meditating with Rose Quartz assists one in reaching a resonance with the frequency of compassion, releasing emotional patterns that hold one back, and allows for embracing higher and finer frequencies of Light.

How to use it:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Black Tourmaline

Black Tourmaline is a powerful grounding stone, electrical in nature, providing a connection between Earth and the human spirit. Its supportive energy aligns the energy centers of the body and channels healing light throughout the system. It promotes a sense of power and self-confidence, allowing for a clearer, more objective view of the world. It is empowering to those who must live or work in challenging environments or when facing difficult circumstances

Black Tourmaline is a stone of purification, cleansing the emotional body of negative thoughts, anxieties, anger or feelings of unworthiness. It helps in overcoming substance abuse, and releases any suicidal thoughts or self-harming tendencies. It may be beneficial in treating obsessive or compulsive behaviors, and in relinquishing chronic worry. [Simmons, 406-407][Ahsian, 407][Eason 204]

Black Tourmaline increases physical vitality, replacing tension and stress with the ability to view the world objectively with clear, rational thought and neutrality. It inspires a positive attitude, no matter the circumstances, and stimulates altruism and practical creativity. [Gienger, 86][Hall, 298][Melody, 654-655]

Tourmaline both repels and attracts due to its electro-magnetic properties which is one of the reasons this stone is popularly used in energetic work. In my experience, black Tourmaline is one of the most important stones for eliminating adverse energies and providing protective grounding working with an individual’s electromagnetic field.

Black Tourmaline absorbs adverse energy. During healing sessions, black Tourmaline has been very effective in anchoring the sacred space and providing a form of dampening field when doing extraction work and soul retrieval. It assists with blocking out external intrusions to the work the client is striving to accomplish

Many Blessings ~

Limor

2. The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

42 (23rd June 2015), Agape (23rd June 2015), Alekahn2 (24th June 2015), Axman (23rd June 2015), Baby Steps (23rd June 2015), betoobig (23rd June 2015), Bill Ryan (5th July 2015), Billy (30th August 2015), Camilo (30th August 2015), Carpathian (23rd August 2015), Daughter of Time (23rd June 2015), DeDukshyn (23rd June 2015), Dennis Leahy (30th August 2015), Elisheva (25th June 2015), enfoldedblue (15th January 2017), fifula (23rd June 2015), Gardener (23rd June 2015), genevieve (24th June 2015), giovonni (23rd June 2015), grannyfranny100 (23rd June 2015), iamthat (23rd June 2015), idiit (5th September 2015), Ioneo (23rd June 2015), Ivanhoe (31st August 2015), Jean-Marie (23rd June 2015), Joe Sustaire (23rd June 2015), JRS (24th June 2015), karamba (30th August 2015), Krist (23rd June 2015), lisalu (24th June 2015), Marianne (24th August 2015), Nasu (23rd June 2015), Olam (23rd June 2015), raregem (15th January 2017), rgray222 (25th June 2015), seko (23rd June 2015), Skyhaven (23rd June 2015), Sophocles (23rd June 2015), Stephanie (24th June 2015), Sunny (25th June 2015), Sunny-side-up (23rd June 2015), Unicorn_Wrath (14th September 2015), william r sanford72 (23rd June 2015), Wind (24th June 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Joe Sustaire's Avatar
    Shipwrecked in the Sea of Plenty, surrounded by the unknowing.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 131 posts

Default Re: Crystal clear

Thanks for starting this thread Limor! I don't have any info to add, but I look forward to hearing everyone's experiences.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Joe Sustaire For This Post:

Axman (23rd June 2015), betoobig (23rd June 2015), fifula (23rd June 2015), Gardener (23rd June 2015), Jean-Marie (23rd June 2015), Limor Wolf (23rd June 2015), Marianne (24th August 2015), Nasu (23rd June 2015), Skyhaven (23rd June 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Retired
    Thanks

Thanks, Joe, me too. There is always much to learn and I am looking forward to others sharings

All the best,

Limor

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Axman (23rd June 2015), fifula (23rd June 2015), Gardener (23rd June 2015), Marianne (24th August 2015), Nasu (23rd June 2015), Skyhaven (23rd June 2015), Wind (26th June 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Daughter of Time's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,705 times in 1,092 posts

I do not have the time to watch the video today, so apologies if the following has been covered.

Quick post on stones and balancing of chakras. These stones are to be worn on the body as jewelry.

Root chakra: Smokey Quartz

Sacral chakra: Carnelian

Solar Plexus chakra: aragonite

Heart chakra: Rose Quartz

Throat chakra: soladite

Third Eye chakra: lapis lazuli

Crown chakra: amethyst

Perhaps I will come back to the thread when I have a little more time.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daughter of Time For This Post:

Camilo (30th August 2015), Elisheva (25th June 2015), Gardener (23rd June 2015), kanishk (30th August 2016), Limor Wolf (24th June 2015), Marianne (24th August 2015), Skyhaven (23rd June 2015), Wind (26th June 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

Thank you for starting this thread Limor Wolf
    My journey with our mineral kindred started in about 1977 with some tiny 'apache tears' and continues to this day. Quiet companions who communicate on a quiet level, they do speak to us, sometimes they ask to be moved or 'moved on' to where they want to be. We are their journey companions.
    I soon found out they dislike saltwater as some say to cleanse with, but each have preferences, running water for those that act to dispel negative energy, like black obsidian. Sound is appreciated, ting shars or any pure pitched note, but not salt lol.

Above you mentioned black tourmaline, a friend was working as a district nurse in palliative care, she arrived one day very tired and worn out, I gave her a large black tourmaline to hold for a while and she was very refreshed, after that she called by at the end of each week to sit with it, it was awesome to see.
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

Elisheva (25th June 2015), karamba (30th August 2015), Limor Wolf (24th June 2015), Marianne (24th August 2015), Skyhaven (23rd June 2015), Sunny (25th June 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,040 times in 204 posts

Moldavite! Many people can attest to its ability to help some people to access the astral realm quicker. I guess it is partly due to its extraterrestrial origin.

"Unlike other crystals which amplify the energy from the user, this mysterious stone radiates its own high frequency. This is a stone fit for the spiritual warriors who are bold enough to dive deep into their soul in their quest for ascension..." - Source

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tenzin For This Post:

Alekahn2 (24th June 2015), Elisheva (25th June 2015), Gardener (25th June 2015), Ioneo (23rd June 2015), Limor Wolf (24th June 2015), Marianne (24th August 2015), Skyhaven (23rd June 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

I really like indigo colored stones:

Indigo is a soft color ray that is made for introspection, and crystals of this color can help you immensely in your quest for wisdom. Indigo is the color of virtue and maturity.

Indigo colored stones combine the intuition of the violet ray with the trust of the pure blue ray. They can help you find your way to a higher plane of consciousness. The indigo crystals are beautiful and powerful stones that will bring you reflexive awareness and comprehension of complex relationships. Indigo is also the color of judgment and long life.

Darkened with brown, black, or blue, the deeper shades of indigo bring us closer to the deep wisdom of the dark violet rays but with the broader connection and communication openness of blue.

Use dark indigo talismans when you need to open doors or break down barriers and see the truth that only your soul can fathom.

Source: http://www.crystalvaults.com/indigo-explained

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Elisheva (25th June 2015), Gardener (25th June 2015), karamba (30th August 2015), Limor Wolf (24th June 2015), Marianne (24th August 2015), Violet (30th August 2015), Wind (24th June 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,317 times in 185 posts

I had an experience once with moldavite. In the 1980's it was like the newest great thing, and was being sold in a bookstore near me. I bought a chain with a moldavite stone at the bottom and wore it. As Tenzin says, it felt like it radiated its own energy. It wasn't hot, but it was like a sizzling type energy.

Around that same time, I read Whitley Streiber's "Communion". Afterwards, I felt like I was being contacted by Greys on the subtle plane. I did not want this, so I looked for a psychic to talk about it with.

She said they were in the room with us, and that they were saying that I had made a previous agreement for them to contact me. When I wore the moldavite necklace, I was calling them, and they knew it was time.

I decided after that to not wear moldavite any more :-)
    Last edited by Sunny; 25th June 2015 at 02:27.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sunny For This Post:

Elisheva (25th June 2015), Gardener (25th June 2015), kanishk (30th August 2016), Limor Wolf (27th June 2015), Skyhaven (25th June 2015), Wind (26th June 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

I once bought an Amethyst from a souvenir shop in Germany when I was there on holidays. I came home and decided to wash it, held it under hot water for a while, but then it melted like sugar! Wouldn't surprise me if it actually was sugar. So, that's about my experience with Amethyst.
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 25th June 2015 at 11:30.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Gardener (25th June 2015), Limor Wolf (27th June 2015), Marianne (24th August 2015), Wind (26th June 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Retired
    Thanks

Hi Gardner thank you, I very much appreciate the good tips you gave from your experience. I am learning that every stone has it's own preferences and that salt water may indded be too harsh. Black tourmaline extracting lower vibration energy's has probably helped your friend to rejuvenate. I love it as well and another one from the same 'family' (black, grounding, clearing) that I find to be of most benefit is - Onyx.

Moldavite seems to have attracted different experiences from what Tanzin and sunny are telling

Since Skyhaven (sorry to see you go..) has brought Lapis Lazuli, perheps it should be the next stone of description. I bought one, but with too little work with it I can't yet have the 'proper feeling', but it seems to be powerful when I hold it in my hands. Due of it's color and attributes it works well on the throat chakra

Becuase the intention of this thread is mostly personal knowledge and experiences of the crystals- having good reccomendation on it (or else) can be quite usefull, so please add your comments of experience with the stone.

Daughter of Time, I look forward to see you back on this thread when you have more time

In the mean time, here is the description and the way to connect with the stone

Lapis Lazuli

Lapis lazuli is an ancient gem, and as such, has a storied history. Egyptian cultures made a practice of burying a lapis lazuli scarab with their dead, and believed it to offer protection. The very earliest cultures valued lapis lazuli more highly than gold. Greeks spoke of an ancient sapphire which was included with gold, and this was unmistakenly lapis. Some believed that dreaming of lapis would foretell love that would be forever faithful.

When working or meditating with Lapis Lazuli, it can bring matters more clearly to the mind. It is one of the most powerful stones and should be used with care. Wearing a Lapis Lazuli ring can help you to become a channel. The ancient Egyptians used Lapis Lazuli as a symbol of Truth.

Lapis Lazuli is used with other stones when parts of the body need to be purified and cleansed and should be only used by a healer. Lapis Lazuli has high intensity and can open many of the chakra centers. This must be done only with love in the heart and comprehension in the mind and wisdom in soul. Lapis Lazuli is related to both the throat and brow chakras, often bringing a strong synergy to their individual energy patterns.

Lapis Lazuli is said to help create and maintain a connection between the physical and celestial planes, creating a strong spiritual connection. This may be related to its property of assisting in contact with guardian spirits.

Intuitive and psychic awareness are energies Lapis Lazuli enhances and brings to the fore. As it is also a stone that helps with writing, it can also be used for automatic writing.

Lapis Lazuli is a manifestation stone. It is also an excellent meditation stone. Meditating on a goal or quality you wish to manifest can bring this strong manifestation energy in. It is also a powerful crystal for positive or white magic.

As a protection stone, Lapis Lazuli protects from psychic and physical attacks. It can be used in protection grids, worn, or carried to bring these protection energies. It can also be used for protection of an environment when placed in the four corners.

Lapis Lazuli is a stone of communication that can bring truthfulness, openness, and mental clarity. It is used to help you say just the right thing, as if by magic.

Mentally, Lapis Lazuli has helpful energy. It can bring mental and emotional virility and strengthen the mind. It also is said to enhance creativity. Its energy can help organize daily life as well as organizing and quieting a busy or restless mind. lessening confusion, and increasing concentration.

Strong emotional components of Lapis Lazuli are the strength and ability to overcome abuse issues, trauma, rape recovery, as well as depression and grief. Partly this is due to its energy of bringing inner power and hope. This strong inner power can also build courage, confidence, and overcome shyness. Hope brings trust that things will work out in spite of past traumas. It also is used to decrease irritability, whether caused by trauma issues or day to day frustrations.

Dream work and dream recall are two mystical uses of Lapis Lazuli. It is said to bring the inforrmation from the dreams into daily life where it imparts wisdom.

Lapis Lazuli is said in crystal healing to be helpful for a number of issues including sinus ailments, cancer, headaches, nervous system, speech problems, pituitary gland, body strength, virility, pain relief, heart, immune system, RLS, spleen, bones, autism, depression, epilepsy, seizures, eye and vertigo vision problems, sleep disorders including insomnia, fibromyalgia, feminine reproductive system including PMS, thyroid, RNA/DNA damage, and tuberculosis. Note that healing crystal meanings are spiritual supports to healing and are not prescriptions or healthcare information.

Many Blessings ~

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 4th July 2015 at 05:39.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Gardener (4th July 2015), kanishk (30th August 2016), karamba (30th August 2015), Marianne (24th August 2015), Wind (7th July 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 times in 775 posts

Hi Limor Wolf, thank you for starting this thread. I have 'worked' wth crystals for most of my life - by this I mean i've been very interested in them and love them and can feel their energies, and I have collected them most my life. Here's a link to a post I wrote elsewhere in which I mention a bit about crystals...

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post976233

Many thanks,
    Becky

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Becky For This Post:

Gardener (22nd August 2015), Limor Wolf (26th August 2015), Marianne (24th August 2015)

23. Link to Post #12
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I've been exploring crystals actively for a while now. One that I use a lot is hematite. It's very "grounding", I also find it can work well for headaches but it depends on what the cause of the headache is. It doesn't work well for those caused by low air pressure for example, but does for stress headaches. It has a high iron content and I wouldn't recommend keeping it close to electrical devices for long. My watch was losing time at a rate of about 5 minutes a day and I realised it was because I was putting it on the bedside cabinet each night next to my hematite bracelet.
    I've actually found the bracelet to be too strong to wear sometimes because of the amount there and so I have a hematite ring as well for lower strength use.

I also have used citrine to help with stomach issues (I have IBS), the yellow citrine works better than clear. If it's in my pocket for a couple of days to help with an IBS flare up after I find it actually goes a really dirty colour and needs cleansing, by washing then leaving in some sea salt preferably on a window sill over night to catch the moonlight.

I've had very powerful sensations off spectrolite\labrodorite, to the point where holding a piece once made me suddenly cry and feel very overcome emotionally. I didn't feel happy or sad, it's difficult to explain really. I need to explore that one more to find if it can help me in any way but I think I will only be able to use it in certain occasions.

My wife gets very strong reaction when holding selenite, she almost feels like she's floating away and sometimes can feel very disorientated after. It's supposed to be good for working with spirit guides, general psychic awareness etc.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thecornflake For This Post:

Gardener (22nd August 2015), Limor Wolf (26th August 2015), Marianne (24th August 2015)

25. Link to Post #13
    Retired
    Thanks

This well known calming and beautiful stone has benefited me greatly - here is an overview about Amethyst, it's healing qualities and it's uses -

"Purple Amethyst has been highly esteemed throughout the ages for its stunning beauty and legendary powers to stimulate, and soothe, the mind and emotions. It is a semi-precious stone in today’s classifications, but to the ancients it was a “Gem of Fire,” a Precious Stone worth, at times in history, as much as a Diamond

Amethyst is a wonderful talisman for use in the creative arts, especially in darker shades. It assists endeavors where new, original results need to be created using tools and methods of the past. It is often used as the Artist’s Stone, the Composer’s Stone, the Inventor’s, Poet’s and Painter’s Stones. Keep an Amethyst crystal or cluster in the area to focus and amplify the creative elements of the Universal Life Force.

Called the “All-healer,” Amethyst is one of the most effective crystals for healing people, plants and animals. Natural unpolished Amethysts or geodes are particularly helpful placed where plants will not grow or animals refuse to sit. It also counteracts negative earth energies beneath buildings or anywhere that feels hostile.

Amethyst protects against psychic attack, paranormal harm or ill-wishing, and returns the energy back to the universe after being transformed into positive, loving energy. To increase this power and attract good luck, draw an image of the sun and the crescent moon over an Amethyst in lavender incense smoke.

Referred to as “nature’s tranquilizer,” Amethyst calms and soothes, assisting the transmission of neural signals through the brain. It relieves obsessive compulsive disorder and hyperactivity in children and animals. Place under the pillow or mattress, or rub the center of the forehead counter-clockwise to cure insomnia and stimulate pleasant dreams. It is especially effective for children’s recurring nightmares and fears of the dark, and may help alleviate homesickness.

Amethyst is an excellent stone for diplomats, negotiators and business people. It calms angry temperaments and gives a distinct advantage in situations where debating is required. Wear or hold Amethyst to bring in spiritual insights coupled with intellectual reasoning. As a luck and prosperity crystal, Amethyst is good for reducing the tendency to overspend, gambling addictions or unwise investments

Amethyst Healing Therapies - Overview

Amethyst has healing powers to help with physical ailments, emotional issues, and in Energy Healing and Chakra balancing. Amethyst crystal therapies are primarily associated with physical ailments of the nervous system, the curing of nightmares and insomnia, and balancing the crown chakra. The therapeutic uses of Amethyst have a long and well-documented history.

Amethyst boosts the production of hormones, and stimulates the sympathetic nervous system and endocrine glands to optimum performance. It supports oxygenation in the blood, and aids in treatments of the digestive tract, heart, stomach, and skin. Amethyst also strengthens the immune system and reduces bruising, pain and swellings. It has been used with excellent results as an elixir in the treatment of arthritis. [Melody, 111][Hall, 55][Gienger, 13]

Amethyst is thought to relieve the symptoms of tinnitus and other hearing disorders, and is highly beneficial in treating insomnia, especially when caused by an overactive mind. It is calming and soothing to the neural impulses in the brain. Its energy ameliorates the pain of headaches and migraines, and reduces stress and nervous tension. It may be used to treat psychic disturbances and to stabilize brain imbalances, but should not be used in cases of paranoia or schizophrenia

Amethyst Emotional Healing Energy

Amethyst is especially supportive of the emotional body, bringing those who are overworked, overstressed, or overwhelmed back to center. It eases the mental anxieties that lead to physical tension and headaches, and is a great crystal to calm those who tend to be hot-headed and easily angered.

Amethyst helps in identifying the root causes behind one’s negative behaviors, habits and emotional patterns that create imbalance and disease. It also helps one understand the reality of cause and effect in behavior, and assists in better decision making. Amethyst is a marvelous aid in overcoming addictions by counteracting the effects of drugs and alcohol on brain function, while imparting its own peaceful sustaining energy.

Amethyst Spiritual Energy

Amethyst carries a high spiritual vibration of humility and devotion to the Divine. It is highly conducive to stilling one’s thoughts in prayer and meditation, and surrendering to that which is greater than the self. Amethyst also stimulates the higher mind to receive one’s spiritual power as a creation of the Divine being and to open to the insights, wisdom and guidance that is offered.

Amethyst is a stone of spiritual protection and purification, cleansing one’s energy field of negative influences and attachments, and creating a resonant shield of spiritual Light around the body. It acts as a barrier against lower energies, psychic attack, geopathic stress and unhealthy environments. It is a valuable protection for those doing psychic or intuitive work, and enhances personal environments with a healing and protective circle of Light."

Many Blessings ~

Limor
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 30th August 2015 at 04:20.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th August 2015), Billy (30th August 2015), Gardener (30th August 2015), genevieve (30th August 2015), Ivanhoe (31st August 2015), Jake (30th August 2015), Jean-Marie (30th August 2015), karamba (30th August 2015), Marianne (30th August 2015), Olam (22nd February 2017), PathWalker (6th October 2016), Wind (2nd September 2015)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Moderator Marianne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,392 times in 2,258 posts

Limor, thank you for this thread of inspiration. Seeing the gemstones and reading about them is a source of great happiness for me. I wanted to bring to your attention one of my favorite stones.

Black Onyx is a stone of protection.
    Here is a photo of a large heart-shaped stone I've had for many years.
    I have found it to be a source of strength, in that it empowers.

Here's some of what My Crystalpedia has to say about black onyx:
    (I edited it some, to reflect what I've found to be its strongest properties.)

It carries the energy of protection, healing, and grounding.

In protecting, it:
    • Captures and Grounds Psychic Attack
    • Protects against Adversaries
    • Protects against Black Magick
    • Blocks negative influences.

Metaphysical Properties:
    • Prevents the draining of personal energy
    • Absorbs and transforms negative energy
    • Fosters decision making
    • Excellent stone for centering and alignment of the total person with a Higher Power.
    • Used to end unhappy relationships
    • Heighten one’s intuition and instinct
    • Helps one to realize material goals
    • Helps one become the master of their own future
    • Encourages a healthy egotism
    • Fortifies self-confidence
    • Balances the male and female polarities within each person
    • Helps one regain emotional balance
    • Anchors and stabilizes one to elevate fears and worries
    • Protects against black magic, as well as defends against negativity directed towards the wearer
    • Helps banish negativity or people from one’s life
    • Provide the wearer with strength, both physical and mental

http://mycrystalpedia.me/b/black-onyx/

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

Billy (30th August 2015), Jean-Marie (30th August 2015), Limor Wolf (30th August 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (30th August 2015), Sierra (9th September 2015), Wind (2nd September 2015)

29. Link to Post #15
    Retired
    Thanks

Marianne, most appreciated addition.., your heart shaped stone looks powerful. I had experienced the strength of Onyx, when I confused it to be a black tormuline (now I know better) and worked with it doing the above cleansing by wolfgang the healer. It was strong in it's impact and there felt a real change. and now with your useful reminder I will see if I can get a larger stone just like yours as a new companion. Thank you

Next one is the very special stone - shungite
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 30th August 2015 at 19:05.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Billy (30th August 2015), elixirsoo (22nd July 2017), Jean-Marie (30th August 2015), Marianne (30th August 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (30th August 2015), Sierra (9th September 2015)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member thalox's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello, this thread seems to be up my ally in where I am in my path at this moment. I am sorry to bring this older thread up, but my body and mind has been bringing me towards these sorts of stones for some time. I am now ready to make the jump to get into it in my daily life. I am particularly interested in locating a bracelet that has all of the stones that connect to all the chakras like you have mentioned.

Does anyone know of a place where they would have these, or is this something that would have to be created?

I would love to wear a bracelet like this.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to thalox For This Post:

Limor Wolf (12th October 2016)

33. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thecornflake (here)

I also have used citrine to help with stomach issues (I have IBS), the yellow citrine works better than clear. If it's in my pocket for a couple of days to help with an IBS flare up after I find it actually goes a really dirty colour and needs cleansing, by washing then leaving in some sea salt preferably on a window sill over night to catch the moonlight.

I've had very powerful sensations off spectrolite\labrodorite, to the point where holding a piece once made me suddenly cry and feel very overcome emotionally. I didn't feel happy or sad, it's difficult to explain really. I need to explore that one more to find if it can help me in any way but I think I will only be able to use it in certain occasions.
    My first experience with crystals was last summer. I met a lady at a Mount Shasta conference (Corey Goode / Dr. Salla / Laura Eisenhower) and she invited me along on her quest for a singing bowl (I believe that is what she called it). After nearly an hour of 'trying' various stones in the shop to see which ones would resonate with me, I was feeling frustrated. One of the ladies came back to me to check my progress and I shared my frustration. She started telling me her story and in the process mentioned she is an empath. I perked up and mentioned I recently was diagnosed (truly - from a psychologist) as being an empath and her face lit up. She had me follow her into another room and told me that if I really am an empath, that I would certainly feel something with a black tourmaline. She placed a stone in my hand, and I started to ask her what to expect but before I could fully ask the question, I started bawling uncontrollably! I wasn't happy or sad, but just overwhelmed with the urge to cry and sob and bawl without knowing why. I couldn't stop for several minutes and excused myself to outside and had a cigarette and composed myself before going back in. Inside, she asked me how I felt and I told her I felt completely drained, and like a puppet on a string. I said I feel like someone pulled a cord on the bottom of my spine and that I wanted to sit down. She again was excited, telling me that the way I felt was exactly what the stone is supposed to do! She asked me how long it had been since my last stone work, and I told her I didn't even know how to work with stones or even what she meant (and...I still don't really know what I'm doing). She went on to explain to me that my reaction was likely because I had never 'cleared' or 'healed' some negative energy and that it was all built up pending release. I bought the stone, and every time I think to get it out and hold it, I have a similar reaction in the sense that I have a draining sensation, and feel slightly tired, but more at peace with...well...I guess everything. I feel a general and overall sense of wellbeing I guess is what I'm trying to say.

That same visit, I was drawn to some clear Vogel Cut crystals. One in particular kept my interest and she explained that those are meant to enhance or augment the functions of other stones with its energy. She had me hold it for a while, turning it clockwise a few times, then had me use the smaller tip pointed at my spread out fingers on my other hand. Doing this, I could literally feel the energy radiating out and it felt like a light breath on my fingertips when I moved it in a circle around and pointed it to each of my fingers. I was very excited that after that first hour, I now had two items that I resonated with and I bought them both.

I have since purchased a beautiful egg shaped jasper, and two heart shaped amethysts. One is engraved with 'grandma' and the other is a mini of the other, minus the engraving and is more for a pocket companion since the larger one I feel is more a decoration.

Now that I have shared all of that info, I have some questions regarding recent changes in the clarity and color of my stones. I still don't know how to 'work' with them, and I don't know yet how to do chakra work or clear anything, but I thought I would give it a try the other night by just holding my black tourmaline and my vogel crystal and thinking about some things. After a bit I turned the vogel crystal towards the tourmaline, and moved it around in a circle like I did before when I pointed it at my fingertips. Then I touched the one to the other. I did this a few times, then set them aside and went to sleep.

The next day, my vogel cut crystal had several changes! Foggy in many areas, some fractures, etc. It still feels smooth, but looks cloudy in parts and certainly not clear like it was! I have tried to 'clear' it by laying it outside on the grass in the sun. I also put it on some rocks outside under a full moon (at least it appeared to be a full moon). It has not cleared. I have washed it with water but have not washed it with salt water. My friend who bought the singing bowl, checked around and was advised the vogel crystal may have taken on negative entities and that I might need to throw it away. I would prefer not to do that.

Additionally, my larger amethyst now has a portion of it that is clear, where it was fully opaque before, and even more interesting is I have a little (unpolished) quartz crystal my friend found while we were mining in Arkansas recently, and it too was fully opaque and now half of that crystal is also clear. These two items were not part of my 'work' the other night, though I keep them all together in pouches in the same area of my dresser. I have no clue why any of this has happened or if it is a good thing, or if it is something that needs immediate attention, but I would really appreciate feedback if someone can help me identify what may have happened.

Thank you!

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

Note: This teaching was written by a friend of mine, Jasper (JT) Garrett, an Elder and member of the Eastern Cherokee in NC. I've been a handler and have worked with crystals most of my life and this is one of the best articles I have read about explaining the basics about crystals.

Quote Teaching: Crystal Medicine:

Quartz crystals have been a part of the Medicine Man's bundle or tools or Medicine Bag as one of the oldest metaphysical and natural science practice since the beginning of human existence. The Shaman tradition can be traced beyond North America to South America, Africa, China, Australia, Siberia, the Pacific Islands, the Middle East, Indian Tibet, and many other cultures. Crystals have been mentioned in the New and Old Testaments as used in early Judiac and Christian traditions.

Crystals have been used in India (Vedic Tradition) to balance and maintain harmony in energies of the body; while used to stabilize the flow of life energy (prana). They are still used to balance and stimulate the chakras or major life energy meridians to increase the flow of spiritual energy (kundalini).

Crystals were used by the Chinese and Japanese for what they called "water essence" or Sui Ching as the symbol of peace and power. The Buddhist use crystals on their alters referred as "visible nothingness." It is a reminded of the duality of ordinary and non-ordinary realities with matter and spirit.

Ironically, today we use quartz crystals in everyday life and in our latest technology. Some of the uses include watches, radios CAT scans, MRI, communications, computers, and the list goes on. As the quartz crystal interacts with energy in the ways described, it also balances the bio-electrical field around the body. One way is with Passive Effects, which is when the crystal comes near the body. The other is with Intent Effects, where the crystal is "trained" or directly affects us in a way intended. Let's try an activity. First get a few folks in a circle and remove all stones, watches, anything electronic, or even metals. Now extend out the right arm and hand, while someone else puts pressure downward on the hand and arm. Relax, then pick up a quartz crystal in the hand opposite to the extended one. Use the same pressure to push the hand and arm downward. Notice the effect on the movement or strength of the hand and arm. Does the crystal give more strength? Is there a difference between one stone and another, as opposed to not holding a stone.

Earlier Cherokee teachers thought of the crystal as much alive as the human being, as perfect as the human self with its variation in lattice and facets. Therefore, the crystal has power to make change or influence us in some positive way. Crystals have also been used for the cleansing of Mother Earth, such as the 1987 Harmonic Convergence, moving us in the Age of Aquarius. Crystals have often been used in the transformation of mankind and with Mother Earth to bring about balance and harmony. The Cherokee referred to the seven stars of the Pleides as manifested in the quartz crystal as a reminder always of where we came from. Like the sacred number of seven used by the Cherokee, other cultural wisdom refer to the seven prismatic colors as noted in a prism made up of rays and colors. These colors are also related to astrological signs and of gemstones, sometimes referred to as the Rainbow. This also refers to the difference influences and healing powers that are mentioned in many cultures.

Some crystals are so sacred that they could not be touched by anyone, except for the Cherokee trained priest, for fear of death. Some of this knowledge was not allowed outside of the Secret Medicine Society of the Cherokee until after 1980. As one Elder put it, "After that time (1980) many of the Old Ones would go on to the other world for work more important than here on Mother Earth. One day we will understand more about the Rainbow Bridge that exist between Mother Earth and the sky vault above. In the next seven years we will celebrate the coming of a new time of beginning-again and of harmony of all things.

" Once when on that journey or bridge in a vision quest, I had someone come to me, interrupting my journey, and saying that he was from the "Tu ka no" people. Their place was near Columbia, South America. Their shaman called upon me to carry a crystal with me to join our people once again. He said that I had to leave my guide behind, cause she was a woman of many times. She was not permitted to go with me. I smiled and said that she was the extension of me in spirit. He yielded, but said that she could not go into the House of Thunder. He wanted me to bring back one of the thunder stones, then I did understand him, as I was going to the Place of the Rising Sun. I was seeking the Spirit Eagle to guide me to the Nature Transformers (large crystals) that would manifest as our own crystal-self. For me, the healing stone would be the Jasper stone. Ironically, my first given name is Jasper. The Tukano spirit person called me, "Ya wah." I had an strange feeling about the name and being called while I was in my spirit journey. We both understood the idea of “ou lung sa tee" or the name of the crystal in Cherokee as clear or being able to see through it.

We are a crystal, in essence, in our growth process and facets of our physical and spiritual self. The quartz crystal begins in sandstone, first in a liquid state. The elements respond to variations in temperature and pressure with an atomic matter forming. With polarity and crystallization, the atoms of oxygen and silicon mix in perfect proportions for the growth to begin. It grows with certain angles and facets in a perfect form as a hexagonal quartz crystal. Life and the beginning of life are a "way" or journey of transformation towards a perfect union called life. Therefore, the power of life and healing is in the crystal, as it is in our own body, mind, and spirit.

Edgar Cayce, the great sleeping prophet described "great crystal" records in three places on earth. One is in the sunken portion of Atlantis or Poseidia, yet to be discovered under the seas. It has been suggested as near Bimini, off the coast of Florida. The second records are the temple records that were in Egypt. The third records were taken to what is now the Yucatan in America.

It has been said that Mother Earth has large crystals within her to maintain harmony and balance of the electromagnetic field, which flows through the North and South Poles to maintain the balanced polarity of the planet. These intersecting energy lines makeup an invisible energy grid that protects Mother Earth. This same energy exists in every atom, cell, planet, solar, galactic, and Universal Circle. Like the crystal, silica is within each of us to act like the natural quartz crystal. The Cherokee elders would say that illness starts first in the imbalance of the energy field and manifest in the physical body. Energy is in a continuous state of motion; therefore, the crystal can be a "helper" to us in maintaining harmony and balance and healing.

What do we do for healing and protection? The Amethyst quartz crystal helps us with meditation and in having calm seep for "dreamways." It has a calming effect on the nervous system, as well as emitting spiritual healing energy. The clear Quartz crystal is our intuitive crystal. It tends to enhance our energy, such as the qualities of dreams for messages or near us when we are in meditation for enhancing the spiritual experience.

Where and how do we place the crystals for the proper magnetic flow and connection? The point or tip of the crystal is to be aligned with the magnetic energy flow of Mother Earth so that the tip is towards the South or towards the West. Of course, that has to be an individual choice about what "feels" better to you. Also, certain "power" crystals will be pointed towards the East or the direction of the Thunder Beings, according to old tradition. I would suggest keeping it away from your heart, except for what the elders use to call a "civic" crystal or a small one that is a quarter of an inch or less in diameter.

Should we be careful about handling or having others touch our crystals? Absolutely! Remember that a crystal is a universal life spirit. Be calm when you handle them. Also, do not let others touch the tip of the crystal. Why? Keep in mind that the crystal is the bridge or "cross-over" between the spiritual energy to the physical energy. Therefore, it can absorb others energy or influence your own energy. Be sure it is clear, as well as others clear who are touch or handling your crystals. Just remember that you have an energy field, and the other person has an energy field. You really do not want the crystal to absorb any energy that can bring imbalance to your field. Also remember that a crystal is a gift of nature from Mother Earth. One must be thankful for this gift and find attunement with the energy of the crystal. As a Cherokee elder put it, "Make friends with the crystal. Talk to it as you would a plant. You do talk with your plants, don't you? Well, the crystal is your friend. Just be sure the crystal is clear before you work with it.

" How do I know that a crystal is right for me, and how can 1 use it for healing? Be sure the crystal resonates with your energy. The easiest way is to just hold the crystal between your thumb and index finger, close your eyes, and feel the energy of the crystal. At first it may generate energy that seems incongruent with your energy, but just continue to hold it until you feel a sense of calm. If it feels "hot" or does not feel calm after holding it a few seconds (seven), then it is not right for you or it needs to be cleared. We will talk about clearing later. For healing, please remember that healing is an activity with action and process, but it is done in calm and allowing the energy to flow or release a block. It is not like a pill you take to do something, it is doing something from the instant that you touch the crystal or use the crystal in someone's field of energy. The crystal healing is a "being" process. It is more of an indirect activity, which allows for healing flow of energy. Try working with a crystal with a closed mind, then open your mind with a relaxed feeling and "feel" the difference.

Is there such a thing as a crystal without energy, as there is people without a soul? Well, I do not know about people without a soul, but there are people that seem void of energy or energy form. Crystals always have energy, but there are crystals that are "trained" to absorb and hold energy in frozen pattern, similar to death. These crystals are usually buried in Mother Earth. When found, they can actually shock you or feel real strong or negative. It is best to just re-berry them. Crystals respond or resonate from and with energy. Like us as human energy forms, we respond to a stimulus. We react best and heal in a calm energy stimuli situation, as opposed to a highly agitated vibration or situation. It is important to be able to "feel" the difference in crystal energy, then allow that to resonate with our own energy or resonate with the healing energy of the crystal.

Can crystals channel energy such as with spirit communications? Absolutely, because they are already connected with the universal energy of life and the magnetic flow of energy around us. Crystals can be "trained" to be used with spirit communications. I have used the term trained several times. An example of training a crystal would be to dedicate a particular crystal such as with a pendulum for communicating with your spirit guide(s). Another way would be to train a crystal just for protection by clearing the crystal in water and focusing on the intent for will for that crystal to be a protector crystal. It is the ability of the crystal to amplify energy that makes it able to be trained. It is the focus of intention or directing of will that allows the crystal to be trained.

What do you mean when you say that the crystal is sacred? The crystal was always treated as sacred in earlier traditional cultures. It was considered as being alive with universal energy that pulsate at a higher form of spiritual energy. It's energy has its own vibration, not under the control of human energy, but being a natural flow of energy. It is a level of life force with a harmony and balance that is unique to crystals. While other stones have special energies, the quartz crystal is unique in that it is a life force of its own connected to the Universal Spirit, therefore, sacred. We have to learn to respect this natural energy within the universal energy and treat it as sacred.

What do you mean when you say that a crystal has its own unique personality? Each crystal, like each person has its own energy or vibration within the universal energy. Like us, each crystal has many facets. Its strength is in the balance of this energy matrix, and its harmony must be calm in its own natural vibration. Like us, physical damage can modify the energy flow and functionality. The crystal channels energy, but we must be sensitive and aware at higher level of vibration to be able to receive and send energy using the crystal. Its powers are truly mystical and beyond our full comprehension, but its personality is as alive as ours.

How can I clear and store a crystal? Crystals were traditionally stored in layers of deerskin by the Cherokee. When stored for a long time, they would be buried in mother earth for seven days. When removed, they would be washed in a clear creek where there was no bloodshed, then put into the sunlight for four days before a "beginning-again" ceremony. This would be like a rebirth ceremony or birth of a human. It would be that sacred. For crystals you use frequently or wear, it is important to clear them by putting them in sea or clear stream water with your own prayer or personal ceremony to give thanks for this special gift there to be your "helper.

" I will end the teachings about crystals by talking about "shifting." I usually try to get a person to shift or move from their comfortable energy level or physical-mental focus to another place. They are not giving up control or becoming detached from their level of consciousness, but they are allowing a slight shift to occur for acceptance of spirit healing energy. It is a little like living in the present and being able to shift just a little to the future to experience the actual flow of universal energy. Another way to shift is to go back to the East and spiral to the South to re-experience the feeling of rebirth and youthful innocence. Another experience of shifting can occur with a traditional sweat. "Cross-Over" is an activity that I use to open people to a level of sensitivity and awareness that allows for a newfound feeling, memory-connection, or just allowing nature to be a helper to experience a touch of life again. It is too complicated to explain here, but the easiest form of cross-over is to sit at a beach or a stream and just allow the water's energy to open your energy to a beautiful natural flow of calm and healing. You can experience an emotional opening that allows for cross-over to the spirit self in a very natural way.

The crystal is our friend and helper. We can learn honor and respect from Crystal Medicine, while we heal ourselves and Mother Earth. As the Cherokee Medicine persons would say, "We are the helpers to all living things and the protector of Mother Earth. To understand our role in life is to accept our gift of life. Each day is a beginning-again for us to spiral to a higher level of awareness and existence within the Universal Circle.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Thanks for starting this thread Limor...I only just discovered it!! Here is a bit about my journey with crystals! This also reminds me I never haven't posted this months crystal report on Avalon yet
    Quote My crystal journey began in earnest several years ago. I had always been attracted to the beauty of crystals and stones. My first 'business' at four years old was collecting rocks to draw on and sell on an upturned cardboard box at the end of our driveway. Later in University I used to love to go the campus museum and visit the mineralogy floor. I was awed by the beauty of the natural gems that filled the room, and could spend ages getting lost in the deep colors and amazing formations. But it was only years later, after I developed MS, that I began to explore the metaphysical properties of crystals. I had long been aware of, and connected to, the deeper levels of being, so when I read somewhere about natrolite and scolecite's ability to help sooth and balance the nervous system, I was open to the idea and decided it wouldn't hurt to buy a couple pieces and see if they had any effect.

My search for a good source for these stones (as they are not super common) put me in touch with geologists and 'crystal people' around Australia. I eventually got a lovely specimen of each stone and from there the influence of stones on my life continued to expand. I loved the way these crystals made me feel when they were in my hand and began to work with them frequently. Since I was having such pleasant results with these particular stones I began to research other stones and their properties and before long my romance with minerals was full blown.

I found the quality of my life was greatly improved with the help of crystals. The better I got at tuning into a stones vibrational frequency, the more enamoured I became. I started to put together little packs of stones that had the qualities that would help me to successfully navigate whatever I had on for the day.
    http://crystalalchemyarts.com.au/About.php

36. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I recently bought some Russian Shungite (small pyramid, bracelet, an orb that I haven't unwrapped yet, and some raw pieces to use in water) and since day 1 with the pyramid, I've been able to remember my dreams. I find that very interesting! I hold the pyramid a bit before bed, and then place it on the bed...under the pillow or next to me...anywhere really...and while I don't always remember my dreams long enough to write them down, when I first wake I absolutely remember some, if not all of what I dream!

Dream recall has been evasive for me, so this is GREAT personal progress!!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to BBKind For This Post:

Noelle (21st February 2017)

+ Reply to Thread