+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast

Thread: Was Osho Murdered? Was Osho a Targeted Individual?

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 times in 312 posts

Default Re: Was Osho Murdered? Was Osho a Targeted Individual?

What i find interesting about this thread is how people are able to judge anothers spirituality/enlightenment without knowing all the facts, especially in regard to ego which surely must be a projection of ones own.

Then how others can asses how a spiritual person should act, by what criteria, and where did that preconceived standard come from?

Osho is an iconoclast and a rebel, who took on all the worlds religions and politicians. As someone mentions earlier in the thread to form an opinion based on media reports of a controversial figure like him is surely is to be misinformed.

In the media he was known as the sex guru, out the many books of his published, (of which he wrote none they were all transcripts of his discouses), only one had sex in the title, one of his earlier books. 'From Sex to Superconsciousness' was enough for the label to stick and it was a book about transcending sex.
    Last edited by loveoflife; 7th July 2015 at 06:32.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to loveoflife For This Post:

bodhii71 (7th July 2015), Bubu (7th July 2015), G.Deluca (7th July 2015), greybeard (7th July 2015), Heart2hearth (7th July 2015), Omni (7th July 2015), ulli (7th July 2015)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 times in 312 posts

Osho books available here for free dl. http://www.oshoworld.com/e-books/ and here http://www.oshorajneesh.com/osho-boo...e-download.htm

I do recommend this series of books that are compilations from his books on certain topics. http://www.osho.be/New-Osho-NL/EnglB...P-Insights.htm

Quote “I am not here to convince you about anything. I am not here to give you a dogma, a creed to live by. I am here to take all creeds away from you because only then will life happen to you. I am not giving you anything to live by, I am simply taking all props away from you, all crutches." Osho

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loveoflife For This Post:

Bubu (7th July 2015), greybeard (7th July 2015)

5. Link to Post #63
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,822 times in 8,600 posts

The late Dr David Hawkins who was "enlightened said that the path of enlightenment is not the path to Sainthood, they are quite different.
    As said by loveoflife we are judgemental and expect certain behaviour from the enlightened.
    They are free of concepts, belief systems and all conditioning.
    The persona remains and if you were the son of a bitch before enlightenment then that persona can continue.

"Enlightenment" like "God" are just words--in a way there is no such thing as enlightenment as this is your true and normal state after all the illusion/ego has dropped away. Ultimately, according to what I have read--there never was a separate person--its restricted consciousness manifest as an individual person.

The teaching of Osho is much respected by many.
    With the enlightened there is neither attraction nor aversion--- If Osho was given material things then he would not be bothered if they were given or taken away.

Yogananda was given coat and gloves by his devotees--- The coat was stolen and he seemed up set--the devotees promised to get him another coat he said no I am bothered that they left me with the responsibility of the gloves.

I dont think it possible to judge the actions of the enlightened as we come from a conditioned mind set---they are in mindless/thoughtless awareness.
    They witness what happens--including what the persona does.

Not saying im right this is my understanding of the moment

I would advise serious spiritual seekers to read Osho and if you dont like what you read, then you will find what you seek within. where it is anyway.

Chris
    A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. :attention:

http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (7th July 2015), Bubu (7th July 2015), Cristian (7th July 2015), drgreig (7th July 2015), Wind (7th July 2015)

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,725 times in 451 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    I dont think it possible to judge the actions of the enlightened as we come from a conditioned mind set---they are in mindless/thoughtless awareness.
    They witness what happens--including what the persona does
    Chris

See, I know what you mean, coming from a non-dual point of view. But to give this advice to someone fairly new to spiritual exploration could lead him/her down some very treacherous paths. We still have to live in the world. We should judge their actions, if only to save our own skins.

You could say that we learn from such experiences and encounters with "crazy wisdom." Maybe. But we could also learn a lot from trusting our own discernment that tells us - "keep away."

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Desire (7th July 2015), greybeard (7th July 2015), Selkie (7th July 2015), ulli (7th July 2015), Wind (7th July 2015)

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,289 times in 251 posts

I hear you Chris, and agree with you up to a point. I am not condemning Osho either, I'm just looking at the end product. The truly enlightened, in my experience, are sensitive to the needs and feelings of all their fellow beings. They have empathy and compassion, born from their identification with the Holy Spirit. Consequently, their actions reflect this.
    In Osho's case, either his followers went rogue, or he approved of their behavior. He could certainly play the part, but just how much was self realized? That's why those of us who have been deceived in the past, tend to watch more than listen. A persons behavior is usually the best indication of what's really inside.

Cheers,

Ted

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ted For This Post:

Desire (7th July 2015), greybeard (7th July 2015), Selkie (7th July 2015), Wind (7th July 2015)

11. Link to Post #66
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,537 times in 1,984 posts

Quote Posted by Desire (here)
    Quote Posted by Silkie (here)
    Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    I did not get up this morning to get into this fever directed ****.

Cool your jets.
    There has to be an enemy out there Carmody.
    In who's interest is it to rubbish Osho and therefore the teaching which seem quite valid to me?
    Who does not want mankind to evolve spiritually?
    Any teacher that points to spiritual Truth will be attacked and ridiculed.
    Never mind the teacher though, study the teaching and see if it rings true for one self.
    Is it uplifting? That's a good clue.
    Does it point to non-duality?

Chris
    You might want to talk to people whose lives were ruined by Rajneesh and his cult before you decide how "uplifting" his real message...as opposed to his con-job message...really was.
    SIlkie,Don"t let them get to you they don't get the devistation of what they are saying to you.They are part of the follower pack.They mean well but don't help.
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post975647

Quote About this man Rajneesh/Osho there was a lot of laughter, loquacity, occasional eloquence, some real insight, and an immensely potent and hypnotic energy. But sadly, there was also a lot of lunacy and immense dysfunction. He was/is remarkably interesting as a sensual ecstatic, intuitive mystic, unlicensed psychotherapist of en masse primal scream-cry-laugh "dynamic meditation" therapy, rebellious social-political-religious provocateur, successful self-promoter, cosmic joker, and relentless iconoclast who simultaneously lured his emotionally-dependent followers into making a big icon out of himself. Though numerous Rajneeshees will claim, using vague or dubious criteria, that their guru was "fully enlightened" (Rajneesh certainly claimed this for himself) and that he enlightened them, too, with his counsels and his "special energy," the bulk evidence indicates that Rajneesh/Osho left a mixed or even tragic legacy.

This legacy involved very misleading or imbalanced teachings as well as quite helpful wisdom, some really bad advice along with genuinely good counsels, a slew of lies about himself and his movement, dozens of glaring errors in his discussions of world religions and other subjects, personal role-modeling of voracious materialist greed and conniving ambition for fame and power, narcissistic ego-inflation along with authoritarian power-plays and lack of empathy, intellectual dishonesty and petty oneupsmanship tactics, a hypocritical inability to live what he preached (e.g., telling everyone to "go beyond the mind" while talking for tens of thousands of hours from a heavily opinionated and error-prone mind; preaching that the enlightened one lives in tension-free ease viewing life as a play while he himself frequently used laughing gas/nitrous oxide and valium to the point of incoherence, said some of his closest people), a penchant by Rajneesh and his appointed leaders for deceitful spinning or rationalizing nearly every time they were confronted on anything of importance, heavy solicitations and numerous scams by his appointed leaders to fleece his followers and their families of as much of their money and possessions as possible (especially from 1980 onward), crushing work-loads for exploited disciples (routinely 15-18 hours, 7 days a week, at the Oregon ranch in USA from 1981-5), a commune at Poona, India and then one in Oregon often buzzing with ecstatic excitement and groovy sensuality but also debauched by wanton sex (and countless venereal diseases), a several-year period of violence at Poona and branch-communes worldwide (resulting in bruises, blood, even broken bones and rapes) until it was banned by the Rajneesh Foundation in 1979, and diverse criminal activity from the mid-1970s to mid-1980s in both India and Oregon. The crimes, as recounted by former disciples, included drug running, swindling and prostitution by many ashramites to pay for their lengthy stays in India or funnel money to the commune; extensive immigration fraud and tax fraud conducted by Rajneesh and Foundation leaders in India and then the USA; currency and gold smuggling when they moved to the USA in 1981; a slew of frivolous lawsuits launched to harass and intimidate local Oregon citizens from 1982-1985; failing to pay many of their loans in the USA; arson (one incident in India to defraud an insurance company, another arson attack in USA to destroy county records), racketeering, burglary, assault, conspiracy and illegal electronic surveillance (the largest such wiretapping-bugging operation ever uncovered); criminal bioterrorism sickenings of some 750 Oregonians and attempted assassinations of select outsiders and insiders in 1984-1985 by some of Rajneesh's top circle of people, led by his authorized lieutenant, Ma Sheela; and intermittent poisonings of scores if not hundreds of Rajneesh sannyasins from the late 1970s until Sheela and her "Dr. Mengele" Ma Puja left in 1985. In all, just assessing the illegal activity in the USA from 1981-1985 (not to mention earlier crimes in India), 32 Rajneeshees were charged with crimes in Oregon; 23 pleaded guilty; 2 were convicted at trial; 4 still remain fugitives; 8 served prison time.
    (emphasis added)

Thanks, Desire. I know they mean well. What bothers me is their callousness to the harm that Rajneesh and his cult caused to the citizens of Antelope, Oregon, and to the victims within the cult, itself...to the innocent people who were beguiled by Rajneesh's psychopathic bull****...only to find themselves defrauded and abused when they actually went into the cult.

These are real crimes, involving real damage to real people, and they flowed from the mind and personality of Rajneesh. It is not a matter of simply hypocrisy, but of CRIME. They committed CRIMES, not only against individuals, but against the community they moved into. They were so criminal and psychopathic that they attempted to subvert the democratic process, itself...meaning they tried to disenfranchise the people of the area, capture a whole town, and set up a mini-dictatorship! Rajneesh and his bunch wanted to do on American soil what Jim Jones did in Guyana.

So how would the people here like it if someone like Rajneesh and his bunch moved into their towns, and did the same thing? Would they want their towns to be captured by a psychopathic cult leader and turned into his mini-dictatorship? How would they like it if they got poisoned with salmonella because some pathological, criminal, murderously motivated group who wanted to take over their town poisoned their food, sickening their children and their grandmothers and their boyfriends? Would they sit back and say, "Oh, but his teachings are so wonderful, so enlightened. And just look at how wonderfully non-dual he is! Yes, by all means, lets allow him to take over our town and turn it into a reflection of his own insanity! How wonderful life will be after that."

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Desire (7th July 2015), Flash (7th July 2015), Jhonie (9th July 2015), ulli (7th July 2015)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,299 times in 3,448 posts

Wow. What a reaction. I had no clue the situation surrounding Osho was so controversial.

Is it ok for someone to be tarred with the same brush as their followers? In that case Jesus must be one of the worst men of all time! (half serious, but really....)..

It seems Osho very well could have been mind controlled. I bet if someone started a community in America like Damanhur in Italy there would be a mind control op to destroy it. I have been mind controlled before to say things that are far from my natural self, I know how mind control works. I know it exists. I know they are not just sitting on their hands with this technology. It is out there active in the world. And no source is immune IMO. ANY group that forms that could be potentially powerful to help mankind spiritually or scientifically is going to be targeted. It is a fact of the early 21st century IMO.

I stay open minded about who Osho was as a person. I do not like cults though...

I am not a person who judges others so easily after I have been judged so erroneously. I can also still like a person or learn from them even if they have some flaws. You can learn from a baby if you are open to it...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Desire (7th July 2015), Selkie (7th July 2015)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    They witness what happens--including what the persona does
    Chris
    See, I know what you mean, coming from a non-dual point of view. But to give this advice to someone fairly new to spiritual exploration could lead him/her down some very treacherous paths. We still have to live in the world. We should judge their actions, if only to save our own skins.

You could say that we learn from such experiences and encounters with "crazy wisdom." Maybe. But we could also learn a lot from trusting our own discernment that tells us - "keep away."
    What people don't seem to understand is that the insanity of any cult is a reflection of the insanity of its leader. From the inner circle on down to the newest recruit, it is all a reflection of the egomania of the cult leader, with those in the inner circle being the ones who manifest his insanity the most closely, because otherwise, they would not be in the inner circle. Through the mechanism of projective identification, the insane cult leader transfers his own insanity to the followers, who act it out for him, allowing him to appear (but not to actually be) ego-free. It is a ploy that all psychopaths use.

http://changingminds.org/disciplines...tification.htm
    Last edited by Selkie; 7th July 2015 at 15:30.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Desire (7th July 2015)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)
    ...In that case Jesus must be one of the worst men of all time! (half serious, but really....)...
    Yes, I agree. Jesus showed all the signs of being a psychopath, so it is no wonder that the religion that developed in his name is like it is. The saving grace of any religion is everyday men and women living lives of goodness and decency, regardless of how the power-structure of their religion acts.

And maybe that could be the case with Rajneesh, if people live by what he preached, instead of living how he actually lived, which was totally at odds with his teachings. But it doesn't do to whitewash the crimes he and his followers committed any more than it does to whitewash the crimes committed by Christianity and other religions, because if we don't look at the bad, as well as the good, how are we to make informed choices?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Omni (7th July 2015)

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,468 times in 13,274 posts

I don't want to muddy the waters further, but back when he moved to Oregon from Poona, India,
    he had done the vow of silence...can't remember how long it lasted...

And there was talk that the real Rashneesh had been murdered and that the guy who appeared in Oregon was actually his brother.
    And it was there and then that things changed.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Bubu (7th July 2015), Flash (7th July 2015), Omni (7th July 2015), Selkie (7th July 2015)

21. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,299 times in 3,448 posts

...In that case Jesus must be one of the worst men of all time! (half serious, but really....)...
    Yes, I agree. Jesus showed all the signs of being a psychopath, so it is no wonder that the religion that developed in his name is like it is. The saving grace of any religion is everyday men and women living lives of goodness and decency, regardless of how the power-structure of their religion acts.

And maybe that could be the case with Rajneesh, if people live by what he preached, instead of living how he actually lived, which was totally at odds with his teachings. But it doesn't do to whitewash the crimes he and his followers committed any more than it does to whitewash the crimes committed by Christianity and other religions, because if we don't look at the bad, as well as the good, how are we to make informed choices?
    I think the true words of whoever was known as Jesus(that wasnt his name) are not really known. The groups that started christianity I'm pretty sure wiped his true teaching off the face of the earth. I would not be surprised if there was not a single true word from jesus in the bible. If he did speak what was in the bible I don't think he was an 'ascended master' at all.

I do not pretend to know who jesus was, but my first intuitione as a teenager was he was basically a hippy with uncommon spiritual knowledge that was twisted and impersonated to form the corrupted form of mass control which is known as christianity.

I highly doubt he was a psychopath. I do think the writers of the bible could have been psychopaths though.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Selkie (7th July 2015)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    I don't want to muddy the waters further, but back when he moved to Oregon from Poona, India,
    he had done the vow of silence...can't remember how long it lasted...

And there was talk that the real Rashneesh had been murdered and that the guy who appeared in Oregon was actually his brother.
    And it was there and then that things changed.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    (my emphasis)

I had never heard that before, but I have read that Rajneesh was raised by his grandfather, and the book made no mention of a brother, so for me, the idea of a look-alike brother is very convenient and very unlikely. But I'll check it out online, anyway. Thanks!

24. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

...I do think the writers of the bible could have been psychopaths though.
    Yes, I think so, too.

Btw, psychopaths never show their true colors when you first meet them. It is not until they have a person completely hooked that they begin to show their true face. And that is how cults operate, too.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Omni (7th July 2015)

26. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

The late Dr David Hawkins who was "enlightened said that the path of enlightenment is not the path to Sainthood, they are quite different.
    As said by loveoflife we are judgemental and expect certain behaviour from the enlightened.
    They are free of concepts, belief systems and all conditioning.
    The persona remains and if you were the son of a bitch before enlightenment then that persona can continue.

"Enlightenment" like "God" are just words--in a way there is no such thing as enlightenment as this is your true and normal state after all the illusion/ego has dropped away. Ultimately, according to what I have read--there never was a separate person--its restricted consciousness manifest as an individual person.

The teaching of Osho is much respected by many.
    With the enlightened there is neither attraction nor aversion--- If Osho was given material things then he would not be bothered if they were given or taken away.

Yogananda was given coat and gloves by his devotees--- The coat was stolen and he seemed up set--the devotees promised to get him another coat he said no I am bothered that they left me with the responsibility of the gloves.

They witness what happens--including what the persona does.

Not saying im right this is my understanding of the moment

I would advise serious spiritual seekers to read Osho and if you dont like what you read, then you will find what you seek within. where it is anyway.

Chris
    How "enlightened" and in mindless/thoughtless awareness can someone be when he poisons an entire town in the attempt to create a mini dictatorship? Sounds more like a naked power-play by an psychopathic egomaniac to me.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Desire (7th July 2015), Ted (7th July 2015)

28. Link to Post #75
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,070 times in 2,143 posts

Good and bad? far as I can tell everyone in this forum is good from his own perspective. But the real good ones are those who continue to see his/her imperfections Not the ones who see wisdom in oneself. But all the bads and goods aside then only the self remains and that is the truth. To seek good and bad is to feed the ego. IMO

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Flash (7th July 2015)

30. Link to Post #76
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,750 times in 8,858 posts

You may need to define what are the signs of being a psychopath OUTSIDE of Osho's examples. I do not see where Jesus had the signs of being a psychopath at all. Although some popes and the bible's writers talking about violence and killing one's son maybe were. Or they were plainly quite ignorant (which psychopaths are too, not having all the necessary marbles to evolve).

31. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)

Good and bad? far as I can tell everyone in this forum is good from his own perspective. But the real good ones are those who continue to see his/her imperfections Not the ones who see wisdom in oneself. But all the bads and goods aside then only the self remains and that is the truth. To seek good and bad is to feed the ego. IMO
    Funny, there are those here who have offered me their wisdom, but I did not see them mentioning their own imperfections when they did so. They only pointed out what they see as mine.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Desire (7th July 2015)

33. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    You may need to define what are the signs of being a psychopath OUTSIDE of Osho's examples. I do not see where Jesus had the signs of being a psychopath at all. Although some popes and the bible's writers talking about violence and killing one's son maybe were. Or they were plainly quite ignorant (which psychopaths are too, not having all the necessary marbles to evolve).

I would do that, but I think it would take this thread off-topic.

34. Link to Post #79
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,750 times in 8,858 posts

Describing what you see as being psychopatic, then making the analogies with Jesus would certainly not take the thread off topic IF you pursue the analysis with Osho. Otherwise you are rigth, it probably would with all the Jesus people then coming in

It would certainly be interesting though to see what you define as psychopatic. I have been doing extensive reading on the topic (and Carmody too) as well as have had quite a few expériences with some psychopaths, and it puzzles me that I do not see the psychopathy in Jesus.

That being said, if we take the Osho's group behaviors as you describe in the US, it definitely looks psychopatic and probably was. Also, as an enlightened master that presumably was Osho, I have a problem to understand how come he would not had made sure that any behvior hurting others would have been stopped

I am not talking of multi sexual partners or 93 Rolls Royce, because it hurts nobody, except for egos, but the rest such as poisoning people definitely has to be stopped from anyone aware of it, including englightened ones (and they may be stopping it with white magic, we do not know about this).

I have seen how easy it is for an enlightened being to have groupies, even when he rejects them, not wanting a cult, how difficult it is to stop that herd mentality towards someone deemed higher (because we can all become enlightened, no one is superior, some just have more training or réincarnations). How difficult it is for trainees and apprentices to not create inaccessible godhoodness towards their instructor (master).

I won't reproach to someone having the herd hanging on them, but definitely having anybody around hurting others has to be stopped.

Quote Posted by Flash (here)

I would do that, but I think it would take this thread off-topic.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

greybeard (7th July 2015), Omni (7th July 2015), Selkie (7th July 2015), Wind (7th July 2015)

36. Link to Post #80
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,822 times in 8,600 posts

Has the thread actually been on topic since the opening post?
    Im as much a culprit as anyone.

Anyone who is seen to have a growing influence, in a way which is contrary to Government, is likely to be targeted and possibly murdered.
    I read in the dentist to day that the assignation of Abe Lincoln was attributed to hate inspired at his being part responsible for abolishing slavery.
    Anyone promoting freedom of the people is in the sights of those behind Government.

To be clear I am not comparing the actual persons

So Osho would not have been popular with many.
    He might have started off with good intention and got seduced by fame and fortune.
    I really dont know.
    As posted, only Osho would have known the truth of his involvement or not in the infamous actions of some of his followers.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 7th July 2015 at 17:36.
    A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. :attention:

http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Wind (7th July 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast