+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 'Jump Into the Blue'

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Default Re: 'Jump Into the Blue'

I finally got it. I had to go to Amazon.ca but was insisting on Amazon.com.

Many thanks, it will be a pleasure to read, I am sure of this.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

enfoldedblue (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (10th July 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)

Enjoy! I finished it yesterday.

Entertaining, insightful, a courageous reveal and gutsy journey. Well done, Christy.

Paula <3

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

enfoldedblue (10th July 2015), selinam (13th July 2015)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts

Quote Update: So far I have received one new review! Yay! So far 257 books have been downloaded ... if only my non-free days could be like this ...lol . I have also moved to #4 in free books memoir something something section. This is cool to see but unfortunately Amazon changed its algorithms a while back and no longer ounts free books in the overall ranking :/ . Probably due to complaints from the big publishing houses as it allowed the little guys to get ahead. But oh well ... just got to keep on inching forward.

Here are the reviews so far:
    Was just checking and went to amazon again (also intrigued by all this Amazon book publishing business... o.O!) but I only see the free digital copy... how come I don't see the paperback version? I am pretty sure I thought I saw it the first time? O.o?

http://www.amazon.ca/Jump-Into-Blue-...+into+the+blue

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)

Enjoy! I finished it yesterday.

Entertaining, insightful, a courageous reveal and gutsy journey. Well done, Christy.

Paula <3
    Be sure to post a review! the least we can do to "pay" Christina... ;-)
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

enfoldedblue (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (10th July 2015)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Flash glad to hear you got one

Thanks Paula . Pleased to hear you enjoyed it!

Sigma I tell you - you really have to love writing to make it a worthwhile pursuit. As of now just over 500 copies have been downloaded for free ... this is massive compared to my sales to date! But then reviews (from a random stranger who read the book-- maybe someone from this site) ... like this make it worthwhile:

Quote I love this book! Christine's journey offers everyone an exploration of their own discovery. It's like a guided tour for our own profound experiences that some or most of us may have similarly experienced but never had a dictation or graphic explanation of. Christine does a heroic effort with this. I am grateful for this story and feel that it should be on my bookshelf close to PKD and or Anton Wilson. She is a pro!
    I started with 3 five star reviews and now have 9 five stars so in baby steps I tread forward .

Thanks everyone ... and yes if you have a moment please leave a review...

Edit to add: Yes I notice on the link you posted there was not a listing to the paperback ...l but then on the one I follow there is: http://www.amazon.com/Jump-Into-Blue..._154793011_f_4

But then on your link it says I am listed as #1 in the personal transformation free section Yay

LOVE ALLways c
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 10th July 2015 at 04:59.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Flash (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (10th July 2015), sunflower (17th July 2015)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sigma6 (here)
    Be sure to post a review! the least we can do to "pay" Christina... ;-)
    Yes, for starters, I purchased a hard copy. I have an envelop with one liner scribbles all over it. Back and front. I added them as I read because I planned to leave a review.

RunningDeer <3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 10th July 2015 at 09:28.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

enfoldedblue (10th July 2015)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Hi RunningDeer, I just saw your thoughtful review here. Thanks so much!! I really appreciate it .

Edit* Mods I wonder if maybe the free part should be removed from the title as the promo has now finished.

LOVE ALLways, c
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 11th July 2015 at 00:17.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

RunningDeer (11th July 2015)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    Hi RunningDeer, I just saw your thoughtful review here. Thanks so much!! I really appreciate it .

LOVE ALLways, c
    My pleasure, Christy. I accidentally added the review under Kindle Edition rather than paperback. No harm done. The reviews are complied from both.

Here’s to continued love of family, and success both in authorship and Mysticalchemyarts.

Love,
    Paula

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

enfoldedblue (11th July 2015)

15. Link to Post #28
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

Enfoldedblue, Christy, I cannot NOT write again my gratitude for you putting into words such truth for us to recognize in our own lives. You have lived, and been able to transcribe into words, a pattern or archetype that we ourselves have touched upon, but have likely not slowed down enough to frame into mental conceptualizations and clothed with words.

And I am only 60% of the way through your book...

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Hi Meggings ... glad to hear you are enjoying the ride. I have been amazed at how many people tell me they really relate to what i wrote. At the time so few people understood ... my family still doesn't .. but thats ok.

I got another comment on Amazon ... it made me laugh. Felt like it was someone from here but i dont know.
    thanks all LOVE ALLways, c
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 12th July 2015 at 23:31.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Gardener (13th July 2015), Limor Wolf (13th July 2015), Meggings (13th July 2015), RunningDeer (13th July 2015)

18. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 times in 300 posts

There's a story, which I can't seem to find right now, told by either David Icke or David Wilcock, maybe in one of their books. It talks about a woman who starts having some sort of health crisis at home, maybe a partial stroke. It has the effect of altering her perception and she starts perceiving the world in a weird way. Her hands look like claws, and the numbers on the phone don't make any sense, but somehow she dials for help. The person's voice on the other end of the phone sounds like complete gibberish.

This is what I thought of when I read the part in the book where you were doing your most heavy meditations, and you couldn't make sense out of what your friends and family were saying to you.

Really awesome book, thanks for sharing!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rex For This Post:

enfoldedblue (13th July 2015), Gardener (13th July 2015), RunningDeer (13th July 2015)

20. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Hey Deadfoot, Yes that point where I was operating from deep within the subconscious was intense and frightening .... though I don't think my hands looked like claws ... lol. You're review on Amazon made me laugh ... thanks so much for taking the time to write it .

LOVE ALLways, c

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Rex (19th July 2015), RunningDeer (14th July 2015)

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Hi friends I need some advice,

I was discussing JUmp Into the Blue on an authors forum and there seemed to consensus that I should change my blurb. Most felt it was too vague. Here's the new one so far:

Quote Divine magic or madness? Heroine or fool?
    A true story

In this real life account that begins with a playful Ouija session, a young Christy finds herself swept into a mysterious, surreal world governed by magic and synchronicity. From the grungy streets of Montreal, to rainbow gatherings, sleeping atop a Mayan Pyramid and participating in First Nation sweat lodge ceremonies, Christy explores both physical and ethereal worlds and awakens to levels of consciousness that rock her entire belief system.

In this layered story told authentically from the heart, the author challenges her readers to evaluate their own understanding of reality. Packed with wisdom and spiritual insight, this wild, enchanting journey, detailing incredible highs and terrifying lows, is sure to transport you beyond your comfort zone, but leave you wanting more.

Warning: this book may result in deep personal transformation.
    thoughts ...ideas?

xx

23. The Following User Says Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

RunningDeer (17th July 2015)

24. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I was discussing JUmp Into the Blue on an authors forum and there seemed to consensus that I should change my blurb. Most felt it was too vague. Here's the new one so far:

A true story

In this real life account that begins with a playful Ouija session, a young Christy finds herself swept into a mysterious, surreal world governed by magic and synchronicity. From the grungy streets of Montreal, to rainbow gatherings, sleeping atop a Mayan Pyramid and participating in First Nation sweat lodge ceremonies, Christy explores both physical and ethereal worlds and awakens to levels of consciousness that rock her entire belief system.

In this layered story told authentically from the heart, the author challenges her readers to evaluate their own understanding of reality. Packed with wisdom and spiritual insight, this wild, enchanting journey, detailing incredible highs and terrifying lows, is sure to transport you beyond your comfort zone, but leave you wanting more.

thoughts ...ideas?

xx
    Divine magic or madness? Heroine or fool?

A true story...

It begins with a playful Ouija session. Young Christy finds herself swept into a mysterious, surreal world governed by magic and synchronicity. From the grungy streets of Montreal, to rainbow gatherings, sleeping atop a Mayan Pyramid and participating in First Nation sweat lodge ceremonies, Christy explores both physical and ethereal worlds and awakens to levels of consciousness that rock her entire belief system.

The author challenges the reader to evaluate their own understanding of reality. It’s spoken from the heart and offers wisdom and spiritual insight. This wild, enchanting journey, detailing highs and lows, is sure to transport you beyond your comfort zone, but leave you wanting more.

<3

25. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

enfoldedblue (18th July 2015)

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by deadfoot (here)
    There's a story, which I can't seem to find right now, told by either David Icke or David Wilcock, maybe in one of their books. It talks about a woman who starts having some sort of health crisis at home, maybe a partial stroke. It has the effect of altering her perception and she starts perceiving the world in a weird way. Her hands look like claws, and the numbers on the phone don't make any sense, but somehow she dials for help. The person's voice on the other end of the phone sounds like complete gibberish.

This is what I thought of when I read the part in the book where you were doing your most heavy meditations, and you couldn't make sense out of what your friends and family were saying to you.

Really awesome book, thanks for sharing!
    This is not a story told by David Icke or anyone else. This is a story told by the one to whom it happened, Jill Bolt Taylor, a neurobiologist who had a brain hémorragies in the left lobe, and remained with the right lobe only

How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

enfoldedblue (18th July 2015), genevieve (17th July 2015), Rex (19th July 2015)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Thanks so much Runningdeer! I find it incredibly challenging to condense the book down to a few lines. All the authors on the authors forum felt it was too vague. But then on the FB Jump Into the Blue page the people who actually read said they liked the vagueness ... so you can't win. Still working on it. But your contribution will help RD. Thanks xx
    Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)

A true story

thoughts ...ideas?

xx
    Divine magic or madness? Heroine or fool?

A true story...

It begins with a playful Ouija session. Young Christy finds herself swept into a mysterious, surreal world governed by magic and synchronicity. From the grungy streets of Montreal, to rainbow gatherings, sleeping atop a Mayan Pyramid and participating in First Nation sweat lodge ceremonies, Christy explores both physical and ethereal worlds and awakens to levels of consciousness that rock her entire belief system.

The author challenges the reader to evaluate their own understanding of reality. It’s spoken from the heart and offers wisdom and spiritual insight. This wild, enchanting journey, detailing highs and lows, is sure to transport you beyond your comfort zone, but leave you wanting more.

<3

29. The Following User Says Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

RunningDeer (18th July 2015)

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Thanks so much for sharing your book.
    I 100% recommend it!
    Love, Maggie

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

enfoldedblue (18th July 2015), RunningDeer (18th July 2015)

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Thanks so much Maggie! So glad you enjoyed it. Love the review thanks heaps!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Delight (18th July 2015), RunningDeer (18th July 2015)

34. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member Forest Denizen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 times in 450 posts

Hi Everyone,

I have shared bits and pieces of what is in my book, Jump Into The Blue, with members over the years. I always knew it was something I 'had' to write, but for so long I just couldn't do it. Anyway finally the time was right and it poured out. Please feel free to share the link with friends .

Also if you enjoy the story please leave feedback on Amazon

Thank you, christy

Jump into the Blue

Divine Magic or Madness? Heroine or Fool?

A breathtakingly beautiful, at times disquieting, and occasionally terrifying journey to the outer reaches of reality.

Beginning with a playful Ouija session, an eighteen year old Christy realises that reality might not be as straightforward as her rational western upbringing has led her to assume. As she opens to a cascade of subtle energies these forces increasingly influence her perception until she finds herself in a wild, enthralling space governed by magic and synchronicity.

As her consciousness expands and revelations abound, the socially constructed version of herself crumbles away. Immersed in the surreal mystical world of the blue, Christy believes she is on the verge of uncovering the holy grail of existence. But when her dreamy path unexpectedly transforms into a living nightmare, she learns the true implications of flying so high.
    http://www.amazon.com/Jump-Into-Blue.../dp/B00WWD34K6

http://www.jumpintotheblue.com/
    enfoldedblue/Christy, I absolutely LOVED your book, Jump Into the Blue!!! What an amazing journey!!

I want to thank you, sincerely, for sharing it. It is spellbinding! I didn’t want it to end.. I savored it, reading one to a few chapters before going to sleep each night. I could hardly wait until bedtime when I could settle in with the book for more of your daring exploits and deeply thought-provoking insights!

Jump Into the Blue is such an engaging ride, I felt that I was right there with you the entire time. I think you beautifully captured the starlit and synchronous magic that wound its way through your late teens and early twenties.

The breathtaking heights and the terrifying depths that you fearlessly explored are a testament to your courage and, ultimately, your great wisdom.

I say this in all honesty. You are a gifted writer and I am grateful that you’ve made this work available. I would love to see more!!

With love and deepest respect,

Ken
    "Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

Bluegreen (22nd September 2019), Cara (22nd September 2019), enfoldedblue (21st September 2019), Franny (21st September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd September 2019), Rosemarie (21st September 2019)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Wow was a surprise to see this thread again! Thank you so much for your kind words Ken. I actually cried a bit.. lol. Getting that story out was such a massive process.I always felt pushed to do it. When people read it and 'get it' it makes it makes me happy I bothered.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Cara (22nd September 2019), Forest Denizen (21st September 2019), Rosemarie (21st September 2019)

38. Link to Post #40
    Ecuador Avalon Member Rosemarie's Avatar
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 311 posts

Cannot wait to read it Christina. I am a little late , but We are here to support each other and I will download it as soon as posible.
    "Be kind for everybody is fighting a great battle" Plato

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

Cara (22nd September 2019), enfoldedblue (21st September 2019), Forest Denizen (21st September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2