Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 9 11 LastLast

Thread: Higher Vibration is Not Necessarily Always Better ~ New Age Mind Control Operations ~ Mapping Electromagnetics

1. Link to Post #161
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

Default Re: Higher Vibration is Not Necessarily Always Better ~ New Age Mind Control Operations ~ Mapping Electromagnetics

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Quote Posted by Silkie (here)
    ...My point really is ( conversation diversion but needs to be said ) : I do not intend to discuss or teach meditation on these grounds...[
    Are you saying that even though now that you know that meditation has been documented to cause harm to some people, that you are not going to inform your students about it, thereby denying them the right to informed choice?
    Please can you go inform yourself much better before you ask to discuss meditation with me online, I hate to say that but I dislike arguments of all sorts .
    It's you having 'problem with meditation' or more precisely with 'information you found on the web' and no one is going to spend time on convincing you otherwise ,

there are books I recommend to friends who are serious with meditation,
    but I seldom do this online, I work with individuals ( if at all ) , not with crowds .

Meditation is very individual matter for every person further you go and yes you show us example how things can go and refuse to be part of your problem here .

I answer your post because I think , it's polite to offer you an explanation for what I'm not answering,
    not fitting .

Meditation teacher or not, it looks to me like you are the one who needs to inform themselves about meditation, and you just don't want to do it. I just hope that if you are still teaching meditation, that you continue to be lucky, as you said, and none of your students get hurt, since it sounds like you have no intention of educating yourself or informing them.

You seem to be mind controlled
    Ah, out comes the ad hominem stuff.

Quote Definition of AD HOMINEM. 1. : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect. 2. : marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bob (17th July 2015)

3. Link to Post #162
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,400 times in 4,618 posts

Default Re: Higher Vibration is Not Necessarily Always Better ~ New Age Mind Control Operations ~ Mapping Electromagnetics

...My point really is ( conversation diversion but needs to be said ) : I do not intend to discuss or teach meditation on these grounds...[
    Are you saying that even though now that you know that meditation has been documented to cause harm to some people, that you are not going to inform your students about it, thereby denying them the right to informed choice?
    Please can you go inform yourself much better before you ask to discuss meditation with me online, I hate to say that but I dislike arguments of all sorts .
    It's you having 'problem with meditation' or more precisely with 'information you found on the web' and no one is going to spend time on convincing you otherwise ,

but I seldom do this online, I work with individuals ( if at all ) , not with crowds .

Meditation is very individual matter for every person further you go and yes you show us example how things can go and refuse to be part of your problem here .

I answer your post because I think , it's polite to offer you an explanation for what I'm not answering,
    not fitting .

Meditation teacher or not, it looks to me like you are the one who needs to inform themselves about meditation, and you just don't want to do it. I just hope that if you are still teaching meditation, that you continue to be lucky, as you said,

...I'm lucky enough that nothing of that sort ever happened when I was a teacher but if you have crowd of people ( potential even) in front of you, be sure at least one or two of them have some mental anguish accumulated in them or frailty that will manifest if you ask them to do what everyone else does .
    and none of your students get hurt, since it sounds like you have no intention of educating yourself or informing them.

If you state nonsense how can it be answered ? You just made up a theory from one article and posted it in the middle of discussion about brainwaves, consciousness and meditation ,

and if you're as blatantly simple as you're trying to show here , these are about 10000 years old news Silkie .

Can you get that right ? I don't think so.

Your signature :

Quote "The biggest coward is the man who awakens a woman's love with no intention of loving her." Bob Marley

"Go through them like tissues..." John Lamb Lash to a young man, on the subject of women, Andalucía, 2014.

"Truth is the best cover." John Lamb Lash to me, many times, Andalucia.

"I don't accept anger from women." John Lamb Lash to me, many times, Andalucía.

I AM mind-controlling you..." John Lamb Lash to me, December, 2013, Andalucía.

Please paraphrase .

4. Link to Post #163
    Thanks

not fitting .

Meditation teacher or not, it looks to me like you are the one who needs to inform themselves about meditation, and you just don't want to do it. I just hope that if you are still teaching meditation, that you continue to be lucky, as you said,

...I'm lucky enough that nothing of that sort ever happened when I was a teacher but if you have crowd of people ( potential even) in front of you, be sure at least one or two of them have some mental anguish accumulated in them or frailty that will manifest if you ask them to do what everyone else does .
    and none of your students get hurt, since it sounds like you have no intention of educating yourself or informing them.

If you state nonsense how can it be answered ? You just made up a theory from one article and posted it in the middle of discussion about brainwaves, consciousness and meditation ,

and if you're as blatantly simple as you're trying to show here , these are about 10000 years old news Silkie .

I hardly made up a theory. I simply posted info about meditation that is unpopular, and that may be threatening to some folks, and that is swept under the rug by the meditation industry. So you are complaining that I have posted information about meditation in a thread that includes discussion and about mediation?

But to answer your question, if I am talking nonsense, you should be able to refute me calmly and rationally, which you seem to be unable to do, therefor this,

which is an ad hominem attack.

And so is this,

if you're as blatantly simple as you're trying to show here
    Last edited by Selkie; 17th July 2015 at 23:48.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bob (18th July 2015)

6. Link to Post #164
    Thanks

not fitting .

Your signature :

Quote "The biggest coward is the man who awakens a woman's love with no intention of loving her." Bob Marley

"Go through them like tissues..." John Lamb Lash to a young man, on the subject of women, Andalucía, 2014.

Please paraphrase .

I did not attack your character or say call you names.

if you're as blatantly simple as you're trying to show here
    addition

Your signature :

Please paraphrase .

I broke with him in October of 2014 and am no longer under his control, and he knows it.
    Last edited by Selkie; 18th July 2015 at 00:09.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bob (18th July 2015)

8. Link to Post #165
    Thanks

Are you saying that even though now that you know that meditation has been documented to cause harm to some people, that you are not going to educate yourself or inform your students about it, thereby denying them the right to informed choice?
    Off tangent comment Silkie .

You seem to fly high in your mind to come to tell me such news ...

and you don't know me at all , innocence kills , that's correct.

That's right and that's for goodnight

I don't understand your hostility. I have not been hostile to you. Nor do I understand what you mean by those comments.

addition I may have posted information about meditation that you don't like, but that is hardly a reason to get hostile and call names. I also asked you a direct question about your intentions toward this information vis-à-vis your students. You may not have liked that, either, but that is also no reason to get hostile and call names.
    Last edited by Hervé; 18th July 2015 at 00:52. Reason: Fixed quotes nesting

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bob (18th July 2015)

10. Link to Post #166
    Thanks

Please do understand this much : we may come from different cultural backgrounds where our respective knowledge of meditation, and its extend and implications go and it would cover pages and pages of text that would be boring to many people anyway,

much has been written by sages of all ages and yes all known to me have been warned and more will ..

it's like : driving a motorcycle , it's statistically far more dangerous activity yet millions of people do that ,
    suppose i don't have driving license how could I possibly discuss with you the perks of motor drive for entertaining discussion ?

So I merely repeat what you brought up is old news , tragedies sometimes do happen on all walks of life and since i've not been present to that incident i can't comment on its individual nature . Albeit , the pace of thread was peaceful and slow , we all have things to do , i am writing this voluntarily and at my own time and energy expense ,
    certainly not time for ANY sort of hostility of any kind,

not what you need for your goodnight or good mornings .

I merely informed you that your comments were probably addressed on that respective level to another entity . If that's not clear enough .. i apologise, honestly .

Between us there's no problem . I'm sorry to hear about your break down .

It's purely cultural difference : when you say meditation we mean something entirely else, I'm not and never been part of the 'meditation industry' neither i am supporting it . I perfectly agree on what you mean there is correct

tho

I'm also bound to understand things on my half of hemisphere , thank you for your understanding me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Selkie (18th July 2015)

12. Link to Post #167
    Thanks

Please do understand this much : we may come from different cultural backgrounds where our respective knowledge of meditation, and its extend and implications go and it would cover pages and pages of text that would be boring to many people anyway,

much has been written by sages of all ages and yes all known to me have been warned and more will ..

it's like : driving a motorcycle , it's statistically far more dangerous activity yet millions of people do that ,
    suppose i don't have driving license how could I possibly discuss with you the perks of motor drive for entertaining discussion ?

Love and peace to you, too.

So I merely repeat what you brought up is old news , tragedies sometimes do happen on all walks of life and since i've not been present to that incident i can't comment on its individual nature . Albeit , the pace of thread was peaceful and slow , we all have things to do , i am writing this voluntarily and at my own time and energy expense ,
    certainly not time for ANY sort of hostility of any kind,

not what you need for your goodnight or good mornings .

I merely informed you that your comments were probably addressed on that respective level to another entity . If that's not clear enough .. i apologise, honestly .

Between us there's no problem . I'm sorry to hear about your break down .

It's purely cultural difference : when you say meditation we mean something entirely else, I'm not and never been part of the 'meditation industry' neither i am supporting it . I perfectly agree on what you mean there is correct

tho

I'm also bound to understand things on my half of hemisphere , thank you for your understanding me.

I can see that you are being conciliatory, and I accept, but what I posted about the dark side of meditation is not old news to many, many people, and I would rather anger any number of people than not post it, because people have the right to that information so that they can make fully-informed decisions about what is best for themselves.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bob (18th July 2015)

14. Link to Post #168
    Thanks

...your comments were probably addressed on that respective level to another entity...
    I don't understand what you mean by this. Could you explain? In a PM perhaps, if you are inclined.

addition Oh, do you mean John Lash? No, I was not addressing him. What I was addressing was the lack of info about the dark side of meditation, and the unthinking, knee-jerk rejection of it, not just by you, but by others, too.

Hey, peeps, don't kill the messenger next time, ok?
    Last edited by Selkie; 18th July 2015 at 05:17.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bob (18th July 2015)

16. Link to Post #169
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

People are so easily divided by beliefs

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Bob (18th July 2015), Finefeather (18th July 2015), Icare (7th June 2023), Innocent Warrior (18th July 2015), Selkie (18th July 2015)

18. Link to Post #170
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)
    Yes, and interestingly, I never said I was against meditation, although some people reacted as if I had. What I said is that I am against the unbalanced way it is presented when the harm it can do is a documented fact. And I would ask people: don't those facts matter? Do people not have the right to all the information, so that they can make the proper decisions for themselves? Should vital information be kept from people to protect the sacred cow of meditation? What in the world is so threatening about those facts, anyway?

Now, people get to reject information if they wish, but they do not get to try to drown out those who would present facts that make them uncomfortable for one reason or another.

So what peeps witnessed here tonight was cognitive dissonance in action, when information I presented clashed with the beliefs of some of those here. And what did some folks do? They tried to silence the messenger, one of them even going so far as to use ad hominem attacks.
    Last edited by Selkie; 18th July 2015 at 05:32.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bob (18th July 2015), Finefeather (18th July 2015)

20. Link to Post #171
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

"Power vs Force--the hidden determinates of human behaviour" by Dr David Hawkins is a book I would recommend.
    Within it are explanations of all the levels of consciousness (Vibration) and the effects of the relevant vibration.
    A map of consciousness

Higher vibration is not better than--just different from lower vibration.

The human is complex and the mind has parts which may be in harmony or in opposition which is why some have a difficulty in coming to a decision which might satisfy the needs of some parts, though not all.

The late Dr Hawkins was a Psychiatrist of note--having the largest practice in US ----he was open minded and revolutionised Psychiatry.
    He was also Enlightened.

On the forum I/we-- tend to quote books/text/videos rather than our own experience---thats ok but an outside authority is not necessarily correct in his her writings.

My personal experience of meditation is, beneficial.relaxing,safe and the effects extend into everyday life in that Im more mature and balanced.

As far as alcohol goes Silkie I was not aware it was a natural substance--whatever I drank was processed in some way.
    Alcohol was not the problem it was my reaction to it and with it.
    I have an addictive nature/personality Im ok with that as being aware I can channel that into persevering, keeping going, in a single minded way till the "job" is done. It just seems to happen.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Aspen (24th July 2015), Finefeather (18th July 2015), Innocent Warrior (18th July 2015), Selkie (18th July 2015), Wind (18th July 2015)

22. Link to Post #172
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)
    Ya. It would serve us well to be more aware of the great opportunity this offers those who are out to conquer.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Finefeather (18th July 2015), Gardener (19th July 2015), greybeard (18th July 2015), Icare (7th June 2023), Omni (18th July 2015), Selkie (18th July 2015), Wind (18th July 2015)

24. Link to Post #173
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 1,084 posts

Wind, that is not so. People do not become damaged from "meeting themselves". They become damaged from what meditation does to their brain.

Well, of course I noticed, lol. But no one has mentioned that it can cause harm...has been documented to cause harm...and so I mentioned it.
    Silkie you are quiite right that meditation can cause harm...but what harm?

I understand, as Agape has given us, that there are many people doing many different things in the name of meditation, but most of those are just training to control the wonderings of the mind...and many have even turned their 'gift' into a way of making money out of tourists and other gaping audiences...no doubt after some effort and time.

The true end goal of meditation is to focus ones mind on some aspect of life...and thus to gain the best knowledge from our trained focus on the subject....and this ability is of use in all facets of life and not only in the pursuit of spiritual insight.

The entire process is concentration–meditation–contemplation–illumination...
    During concentration we pay attention to what we are going to meditate about.
    During meditation we examine the object of our focus.
    During contemplation we absorb that which we have examined.
    And if all was done correctly we experience illumination of the subject.

We should not forget however that meditation is usually just a subjective experience...unless we have achieved true emotional or mental objective consciousness...in which case it can be used in emotional telepathy and mind projection.

The dangers of meditation are largely due to a wrong idea of what meditation is... and these people can open their minds to astral influences which can be very destructive to the hold which the person meditating has on his organic brain, etheric envelope and thus body.

This mostly and more easily occurs when we sit in meditation and attempt to blank out our thoughts...which is not meditation...because meditation is about focused attention...

This blanking of the mind has been taught by some as a means to allow 'spiritual' knowledge to flow into the mind...AND...although this is possible... if we ensure the safety of our mindless body...this state can lead to dark forces fooling the ignorant person that he/she has contacted some benevolent 'spirit' or Being...who is now going to tell them all the truth they need.

A blank mind is an invite for a hijacking...like when we leave our car running when we nip out to the store for a Mars bar...

We were never supposed to blank out our minds... after all what is our mind for...we are meant to use our minds constructively...so we need to train our minds to focus...just like we teach our children to focus their wondering minds.

Test your mind by seeing how long you can focus on one thing before it starts wondering off into the noise of your life.

Train your mind to meditate...by spending 30min each day at the same time...and focus on anything you like...even a beautiful flower.

Take care
    Ray

PS. Of course your can use meditation just as effectively for physical examination.
    PSS. And any guru or master or teacher who tells you to blank out your mind should be given a wide berth.
    Last edited by Finefeather; 18th July 2015 at 10:50.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Agape (18th July 2015), annacherie (18th July 2015), Aspen (24th July 2015), Gardener (19th July 2015), RunningDeer (18th July 2015)

26. Link to Post #174
    Thanks

...your comments were probably addressed on that respective level to another entity...
    I don't understand what you mean by this. Could you explain? In a PM perhaps, if you are inclined.

addition Oh, do you mean John Lash? No, I was not addressing him. What I was addressing was the lack of info about the dark side of meditation, and the unthinking, knee-jerk rejection of it, not just by you, but by others, too.

Hey, peeps, don't kill the messenger next time, ok?

I'd suggest again , with best intents , that you open a thread on this important topic ( possibly in either Spirituality section or Conspiracy theory , whichever suits you the best ) , addressing the 'Dangers of Meditation' ( from your news and experiences ) and welcome others to share what they know ,
    it's a loaded subject and I believe many will have their say .

I see every post of yours being thanked by Bob ( old time friend who has got to some trouble recently, so 'hi Bob, I hope all is well' ).

This thread was dedicated more to frequency discussion that's how it rolled to meditation experiences of some , i shared with rather good and innocent motivation here but I'm not willing to debate the topic with you here, much sorry,

it's not the intention of this thread .

It's simply another subject and to enter to a discussion one needs to have intention to do so , first of all.
    I am not ( never been) advertising any religions, cults, groups, methods or services, or products , they're not 'mine' .
    If that can not be understood , while I've apologised about 3 times from answering or not answering 'question' that does not fit my understanding ,
    I ask one of the moderators to kindly delete my posts from this thread ( all of them, best ).

I am not willing to take part in another unspoken PA war or agenda : now , this is NOT towards you Silkie or anyone participating in this thread,
    so be so good to practice little restrain ( if can ) and do not answer this .
    I'm completely uncertain of what agendas and hostilities are running through heads of some PA members , from top to bottom, unless they tell me ( honest and genuine people CAN talk to each other , usually )
    but I can read their reactions , and absence of words where words would be fitting and vice versa .

The summer is hot and tiring for all of us , life is tough but coming to place that makes you feel more like a stranger, mad among mad , psychopath among psychopaths and so forth . , is not really healthy life option .

We can have obviously have some nice discussions here .. till someone who are actually hostile ( or been for long time ) with each other come to play out their emotions .
    It's ''interesting'' for such individuals are happy to skip over many meaningful and intelligent posts and prefer to choke themselves on pages of silly chatter .

27. Link to Post #175
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Finefeather (here)
    Do you see the problem with this sentence of yours, Ray? You contradict yourself, because first, you agree that meditation can cause harm, but then you turn around and ask "but what harm?". Well, since you already said that you agree with me, then you, yourself, should be able to tell folks the harm it can causes, otherwise, why would you agree with me?

But in answer to your question, I have posted several links in this thread that expose the dangers of meditation, and so you should peruse my posts, click on those links, and start reading. I am also sure that if you Google "the dangers of meditation" or similar search terms, you will find plenty of links for yourself. I am not going to do your leg-work for you, since I already provided plenty of evidence right here, on this thread, if you would but check.

The dangers of meditation are largely due to a wrong idea of what meditation is...
    All methods of meditation involve the dissolution of thought, a blank mind.

Quote http://izquotes.com/quote/191179

Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.”
    ―Swami Sivananda

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sivananda_Saraswati

http://www.freemeditation.com/meditation-basics/

(this site did not allow me to copy and paste)

http://www.krishnamurtiaustralia.org...tation%201.htm

Meditation really is a complete emptying of the mind

So according to two highly regarded masters, mediation is not concentration or "mindfulness" or anything else: it is, quite simply, the cessation of all thought.

...Test your mind by seeing how long you can focus on one thing before it starts wondering off into the noise of your life.
    As you can see from this chart, below, the brainwaves of meditation are actually below that of the pre-sleep state....theta, the realm of dreams...below alpha, whereas the brainwaves of concentration, or "focus" are in the beta range.

So it looks like it is you, and possibly others, who has a mistaken idea of what meditation actually is.
    Last edited by Selkie; 18th July 2015 at 13:48.

28. Link to Post #176
    Thanks

.. till someone who are actually hostile ( or been for long time ) with each other come to play out their emotions...
    Agape, the only person to show hostility and who let their emotions run away with them was you. I know that you apologized, and I accepted your apology, but that does not mean that you did not do what you did.

...It's ''interesting'' for such individuals are happy to skip over many meaningful and intelligent posts and prefer to choke themselves on pages of silly chatter .
    Posting info and links about the dark side of meditation, so that peeps can make good decisions for themselves, is hardly what I would call "silly chatter".

29. Link to Post #177
    Thanks

Do you see the problem with this sentence of yours, Ray? You contradict yourself, because first, you agree that meditation can cause harm, but then you turn around and ask "but what harm?". Well, since you already said that you agree with me, then you, yourself, should be able to tell folks the harm it can causes, otherwise, why would you agree with me?
    If you read the post completely...you would have realised that the "but what harm?" was a lead in into me giving my opinion about the harm.

Anyone with a brain can pick out a sentence out of context and understand it differently to what it was intended...so be real.

So I certainly did not contradict myself...you are trying to find fault with anything that people say so you can appear as if you are the tank of knowledge we all came to Avalon to discover...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Agape (18th July 2015), Aspen (24th July 2015), Jake (19th July 2015)

31. Link to Post #178
    Thanks

Incorrect...you rely too much on people who don't know the truth of the matter, and without enough meditation experience yourself personally.

You actually know very little other than what you read about.

Go out and get some personal experience and stop relying on belief because when you start to do that you will realise how wrong some people are who write the fiction you rely on as facts.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Agape (18th July 2015), Gardener (19th July 2015), Jake (18th July 2015), Wind (18th July 2015)

33. Link to Post #179
    Thanks

Incorrect...you rely too much on people who don't know the truth of the matter, and without enough meditation experience yourself personally.

You actually know very little other than what you read about.

Go out and get some personal experience and stop relying on belief because when you start to do that you will realise how wrong some people are who write the fiction you rely on as facts.
    So, then, I guess that J. Krishnamurti

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiddu_Krishnamurti

doesn't know what he is talking about? There are many millions of people around the globe who would disagree with you.

Or Swami Vivekananda, either, I suppose? Tens of thousands, or even millions, would disagree with you there, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sivananda_Saraswati

And actually, I have plenty of experience with meditation. I am speaking from personal experience when I say that it is true that mediation is the cessation of all thought. I have been there. I lived in that state most days for nearly two years. So I am not speaking from belief at all.

Because of the alacrity with which you answered my post, am I correct in assuming that you did not visit the links I provide which document the dangers of meditation?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Agape (18th July 2015), Aspen (24th July 2015), Jake (18th July 2015)

35. Link to Post #180
    Thanks

If you read the post completely...you would have realised that the "but what harm?" was a lead in into me giving my opinion about the harm....
    Ray, I read the post completely, and I did not take the sentence out of context. You simply contradicted yourself. The rest of your post has nothing to do with the first sentence, as anyone can see when they read it.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post979571

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 9 11 LastLast