+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Simon, say it ain't so.......

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 times in 446 posts

Default Re: Simon, say it ain't so.......

I have been using Kyolic garlic (aged garlic) for the past year to deal with a health condition in my gut. It was one of the few things that helped. My husband too, has used it for a terrible cough that wouldn't go away all winter. This cough seemed to be connected to working in a field where he was exposed to dust from an old feedlot. We are assuming thre was bacteria in it that was growing in his esophagus. His cough is gone. So it is very powerful. We don't eat it fresh. I have stopped using it over the past month though because I was feeling better and using other supplements. It is interesting what is being said about it stopping psychic abilities. Wasn't garlic one of the things that was supposed to stop vampires or werewolves or something like that in fairytales about them?

Yup, just found a quote "•European folklore gives garlic the ability to ward off the "evil eye". Central European folk beliefs considered garlic a powerful ward against devils, werewolves, and vampires. To ward off vampires, garlic could be worn on one's person, hung in windows, or rubbed on chimneys and keyholes. When diseases caused by mosquito bites were considered "The touch of the vampire," garlic came in handy as a mosquito repellent. "

lots of superstitions about garlic! http://americanfolklore.net/folklore..._folklore.html

"In Romanian lore, failure to eat garlic identified one as a vampire." lol!
    https://books.google.ca/books?id=5so...mpires&f=false

Wonder who started these myths, and why? Could it have something to do with psychic ability? maybe people were encouraged to use it to prevent such abilities??
    Last edited by Aspen; 16th July 2015 at 12:57.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aspen For This Post:

Bluegreen (16th July 2015), Innocent Warrior (18th July 2015), Limor Wolf (16th July 2015), Meggings (16th July 2015), MorningFox (17th July 2015), Noir (16th July 2015), onawah (17th July 2015), quiltinggrandma (17th July 2015), william r sanford72 (23rd July 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

The question of garlic can be looked at from another aspect as well. It is very hard to reside in a body where the environment can be considered to be 'hosile'. There are those at this time who would like a smoother access to the human avatars, and avoiding such strong protection as garlic, may actually aid it.

Eating garlic may be to our self interest, not eating garlic may be to that of others.

Blessings ~

Limor

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Aspen (16th July 2015), Becky (16th July 2015), Dennis Leahy (17th July 2015), Elainie (13th August 2015), Hervé (16th July 2015), Innocent Warrior (18th July 2015), Jean-Marie (29th July 2015), Nature Spirit (18th July 2015), Noir (16th July 2015), onawah (17th July 2015), quiltinggrandma (17th July 2015), sijohn (18th July 2015), william r sanford72 (23rd July 2015)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

From memory I think what he said was that he was told by his friends in high places that it was not a good for him. He did not say it was not good for you and me, it would help for a little clarification.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EarthMan For This Post:

Aspen (16th July 2015), Hervé (16th July 2015), quiltinggrandma (17th July 2015), Selkie (16th July 2015), sijohn (18th July 2015)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,600 times in 1,987 posts

Quote Posted by EarthMan (here)
    From memory I think what he said was that he was told by his friends in high places that it was not a good for him. He did not say it was not good for you and me, it would help for a little clarification.
    http://www.amazon.com/Biochemical-In.../dp/0879838930

The title, Biochemical Individuality, says it all.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Aspen (16th July 2015), Hervé (16th July 2015), william r sanford72 (23rd July 2015)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 times in 446 posts

Could you explain Herve. I don't get it. Are you meaning that for people who are hybrids, whether garlic is overall helpful or detrimental: depends on which individual mixtures we are genetically?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aspen For This Post:

quiltinggrandma (17th July 2015)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Maybe he's an undercover vampire?? *jokey-joke* hehehe.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gtwin For This Post:

Hazelfern (13th August 2015)

13. Link to Post #27
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

From Aspen's link above, this one is particularly interesting...

Quote Egyptian slaves were given a daily ration of garlic, as it was believed to ward off illness and to increase strength and endurance. As indicated in ancient Egyptian records, the pyramid builders were given beer, flatbread, raw garlic and onions as their meager food ration. Upon threatening to abandon the pyramids leaving them unfinished, they were given more garlic. It cost the Pharaoh today's equivalent of 2 million dollars to keep the Cheops pyramid builders supplied with garlic.
    Could it be that beer, bread, onions and particularly garlic were given to the slaves to keep them docile and to stunt their spiritual growth and awareness?

14. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I always appreciated Inelia Benz' take on garlic. She says it is a medicine, not a food. And we wouldn't eat medicine would we? But rather use it when it might benefit us. She also mentioned something about it affecting the way the brain's halves talk to each other, and that it promotes in the brainwave patterns that results (paraphrased) in a mind, that tends to be ego focused -- which makes sense if we consider it a medicine - healing requires a stronger focus on the physical body by the mind.

There are also Jainists in India that refrain from eating garlic and onions and cite spiritual reasons.

All this talk of garlic is making me hungry ...
    The naturalist Adreas Moritz said the same thing, that garlic and onions should be treated as medicine (which works amazingly well) and not food. I remember reading years ago about a warning given to aircraft pilots about garlic. Wish I could remember the details.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

DeDukshyn (17th July 2015), Hervé (17th July 2015), Limor Wolf (18th July 2015)

16. Link to Post #29
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    [...]
    I remember reading years ago about a warning given to aircraft pilots about garlic. Wish I could remember the details.
    Well, click on the link in post # 7, previous page, and it might refresh your memory...
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

conk (17th July 2015), DeDukshyn (17th July 2015), Innocent Warrior (17th July 2015), Limor Wolf (18th July 2015), NancyV (19th July 2015)

18. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,528 times in 20,692 posts

Here is the Ruiner's reply to my question about garlic:
    Quote The RuinerJuly 19, 2015 at 11:18 AM
    They say vampires don't like garlic.

This writer consumes much of it and one member of the intended audience of this blog grows large amounts of garlic.

With respect,
    from: http://theruiner777.blogspot.co.uk/2...-attached.html
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Simon Parkes has said that he was advised by the Mantids not to eat garlic, and he said the Illuminati families do not eat garlic, thus intimating that we should follow their example, since they reportedly have better information than most of such subjects. .
    There has been some controversy over this.
    Some wonder if we are advised not to eat it because it makes us easier prey to Archons, others think that it repels Archons and other parasites, as in legends of vampires who are repelled by it.
    Can you advise us on this issue? It definitely seems to be be good temporary medicine for specific ills, but my question is, is it something that can safely be taken consistently as a preventative?
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post979978
    Each breath a gift...

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Elainie (13th August 2015), Innocent Warrior (20th July 2015), Nature Spirit (19th July 2015)

20. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member Nature Spirit's Avatar
    Thanks

The Garlic/Psychic connection

I've been polling people all week about this garlic phenomena.....asking those who are a bit psychic if they eat garlic. Not one of them knew about the connection and most said they did eat garlic, although probably not as much as I do. I'm starting my no garlic regime today for a week to see if I become more aware than usual throughout the week. I discussed this with my garlic farmer at the Farmer's Market and instead of buying 3 garlic bulbs, I just bought one. (in case of withdrawal pangs)

~Let the miraculous begin !

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nature Spirit For This Post:

Becky (19th July 2015), Hervé (23rd July 2015), Innocent Warrior (20th July 2015), onawah (19th July 2015)

22. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

Herve, thanks for posting the info on Beck's conclusion that garlic is a brain poison, among other things. I used to be very much into garlic until 20 years ago when I married my present husband. He is highly allergic to garlic so I stopped using it in cooking. Actually he says he LOVES garlic, but just on his bullets. When he was an active counter terrorist he used to dip his bullets in garlic because of it being a blood poison. If you didn't kill someone but just wounded them, they could get very sick or die from the garlic. (also good for vampires as someone mentioned!)

While I was reading this thread I was cooking some fish. I saw the organic garlic granules sitting there with my spices and thought I would put some on the fish. Sitting at my computer I finally started smelling the fish, which I forgot about while reading this thread, so I went to the stove and it was totally burned to sh*t. I guess I was being protected from eating the garlic. LOL.... I will only be using my remaining garlic to spray around plants to protect them from insects.

I know many medicines are also poisons but it appears that Garlic might better be replaced with Echinacea, Goldenseal, Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) or a few other natural substances that work very well for infections. Whenever I get an infection, which I occasionally get from diverticulitis, Echinacea, Goldenseal and GSE get rid of it within a couple of days.
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Becky (20th July 2015), Bill Ryan (19th July 2015), Hervé (23rd July 2015), Innocent Warrior (20th July 2015)

24. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I don't have enough faith in Simon to advise me as to what I should eat.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Desire For This Post:

DarMar (23rd July 2015), Mike (13th August 2015), MorningFox (22nd July 2015)

26. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,528 times in 20,692 posts

Neither do I, and the same goes for the Ruiner, but the info here looks pretty convincing: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post848291
    source:http://www.healingcancernaturally.co...ain-toxin.html
    Quote Garlic - Toxic for the Brain?

Is Garlic a Brain Poison?

from GARLIC - TOXIC SHOCK! Reprinted from Nexus Magazine, Feb/Mar 2001. Source: From a lecture by physicist Dr. Robert C Beck, DSc, given at the Whole Life Expo, Seattle, WA, USA, in March 1996.

Asterisked entries (*) refer to a definition provided in the appended glossary.

The reason garlic* is so toxic, the sulphone* hydroxyl* ion penetrates the blood-brain barrier, just like DMSO [a sulfoxide*], and is a specific poison for higher-life forms and brain cells. We discovered this, much to our horror, when I (Bob Beck, DSc) was the world's largest manufacturer of ethical EEG [electroencephalography*] feedback equipment.

We'd have people come back from lunch that looked clinically dead on an encephalograph, which we used to calibrate their progress. "Well, what happened?" "Well, I went to an Italian restaurant and there was some garlic in my salad dressing!" So we had them sign things that they wouldn't touch garlic before classes or we were wasting their time, their money and my time.

I guess some of you ... are pilots or have been in flight tests... I was in flight test engineering in Doc Hallan's group in the 1950s. The flight surgeon would come around every month and remind all of us: "Don't you dare touch any garlic 72 hours before you fly one of our airplanes, because it'll double or triple your reaction time. You're three times slower than you would be if you'd not had a few drops of garlic."

Well, we didn't know why for 20 years later, until I owned the Alpha-Metrics Corporation. We were building biofeedback equipment and found out that garlic usually desynchronises your brain waves.

So I funded a study at Stanford and, sure enough, they found that it's a poison. You can rub a clove of garlic on your foot - you can smell it shortly later on your wrists. So it penetrates the body. This is why DMSO smells a lot like garlic: that sulphone hydroxyl ion penetrates all the barriers including the corpus callosum* in the brain.

Any of you who are organic gardeners know that if you don't want to use DDT, garlic will kill anything in the way of insects.

Now, most people have heard most of their lives garlic is good for you, and we put those people in the same class of ignorance as the mothers who at the turn of the century would buy morphine sulphate in the drugstore and give it to their babies to put 'em to sleep.

If you have any patients who have low-grade headaches or attention deficit disorder [ADD], they can't quite focus on the computer in the afternoon, just do an experiment - you owe it to yourselves. Take these people off garlic and see how much better they get, very very shortly.

And then let them eat a little garlic after about three weeks. They'll say "My God, I had no idea that this was the cause of our problems." And this includes the de-skunked garlics, Kyolic, some of the other products.

Very unpopular, but I've got to tell you the truth.

Also by Robert Beck: Physicist Robert C. Beck on Healing Cancer & Aids Via Blood Electrification.

Reference & Glossary

compiled by Healing Cancer Naturally based on material © 1994-2000 Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc. and New Oxford Dictionary of English

Corpus callosum

A broad band of nerve fibers joining the two hemispheres of the brain.

Electroencephalography

Technique for recording and interpreting the electrical activity of the brain. The nerve cells of the brain generate electrical impulses that fluctuate rhythmically in distinct patterns. In 1929 Hans Berger of Germany developed an electroencephalograph, an instrument that measures and records these brain wave patterns. The recording produced by such an instrument is called an electroencephalogram, commonly abbreviated EEG.
    To make an EEG, electrodes are placed in pairs on the scalp. Each pair of electrodes transmits a signal to one of several recording channels of the electroencephalograph. This signal consists of the difference in the voltage between the pair. The rhythmic fluctuation of this potential difference is shown as peaks and troughs on a line graph by the recording channel. The EEG of a normal adult in a fully conscious but relaxed state is made up of regularly recurring oscillating waves known as alpha waves. When a person is excited or startled, the alpha waves are replaced by low-voltage, rapid, irregular waves. During sleep, the brain waves become extremely slow. Such is also the case when a person is in a deep coma. Other abnormal conditions are associated with particular EEG patterns. Irregular slow waves known as delta waves, for example, arise from the vicinity of a localized area of brain damage.
    Electroencephalography provides a means of studying how the brain works and of tracing connections between one part of the central nervous system and another. Its effectiveness as a research tool, however, is limited because it records only a small sample of electrical activity from the surface of the brain. Many of the more complex functions of the brain, such as those that underlie emotions and thought, cannot be related closely to EEG patterns. Electroencephalography has proved more useful as a diagnostic aid in cases of serious head injuries, brain tumours, cerebral infections, epilepsy, and various degenerative diseases of the nervous system.

Garlic

(Species Allium sativum) contains about 0.1 percent essential oil, the principal components of which are diallyl disulfide, diallyl trisulfide, and allyl propyl disulfide.

Hydroxyl

Of or denoting the radical -OH, present in alcohols and many other organic compounds: a hydroxyl group.

Sulfoxide

Also called SULPHOXIDE, any of a class of organic compounds containing sulfur and oxygen and having the general formula (RR') SO, in which R and R' are a grouping of carbon and hydrogen atoms. The sulfoxides are good solvents for salts and polar compounds.
    The best-known sulfoxide is dimethyl (or methyl) sulfoxide (DMSO), which is prepared by aerial oxidation of dimethyl sulfide (a by-product of paper manufacture) in the presence of nitrogen dioxide. DMSO is used as a solvent in a wide variety of industrial processes, including the manufacture of polyacrylonitrile fibres, the extraction of aromatic hydrocarbons from refinery streams, the manufacture of certain pesticides, for industrial cleaning, and for paint stripping. It is also used as a solvent for drugs and antitoxins applied topically. The last use is based on its remarkable ability to penetrate animal tissues.
    Dimethyl sulfoxide is a colourless and odourless liquid, boiling at 189°C (372°F). It is miscible in all proportions with water, alcohol, and most organic solvents.

Sulphone (US: sulfone)

An organic compound containing a sulphonyl group linking two organic groups
    Quote Posted by Desire (here)
    I don't have enough faith in Simon to advise me as to what I should eat.
    Each breath a gift...

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Becky (21st July 2015), Hervé (23rd July 2015)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

The main source for this garlic poison information seems to come from Dr. Beck:

In the posted video lecture by Dr. Beck he states:

Garlic is a deadly blood poison and he makes the comparison to rattle snake poison; only a true snake oil salesman could make such a claim. As he directly contradicts this statement with his next. Where tells you about garlics ability to pass the blood/brain barrier and cites the rubbing of garlic on ones foot and within two minutes you can smell garlic on your wrist.

Tell me how such a toxic poison that so readily pass through the body can be so effectively blocked by the digestive system as to not kill a person upon ingestion? Furthermore tell me why there aren't hundreds of reported deaths per day of Italian or other chefs who had inadvertently cut themselves while chopping garlic. Stop by your local ER and ask them if they keep the garlic antidote next to the rattle snake anti-venom...

Clearly the correlation of brain wave activity and garlic has been misinterpreted; such a statement surely is meant to scare. Especially when one is in the business of selling electronic gizmos that are said to kill pathogens in the blood and body(isn't garlic known to do the same?)

And, this hogwash about a 50% reduction in reaction time. I personally have never experienced such a condition after having eaten garlic; a pint of whiskey...yes...

The fact is; if you do a internet search on garlic + neurological impairment you will find many study that suggest the exact opposite of what Dr. Beck has claimed.
    Last edited by 13th Warrior; 23rd July 2015 at 02:56. Reason: fixing video link
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

Desire (23rd July 2015), meeradas (23rd July 2015), onawah (23rd July 2015), Selkie (23rd July 2015)

30. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks 13th warrior
    I don't see Italy having a crisis over garlic.
    Italians look pretty healthy to me.However Dr Beck doesn't look the image of health.
    Peace

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Desire For This Post:

13th Warrior (23rd July 2015), meeradas (23rd July 2015), onawah (23rd July 2015)

32. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,600 times in 1,987 posts

Quote Posted by Desire (here)
    Thanks 13th warrior
    I don't see Italy having a crisis over garlic.
    Italians look pretty healthy to me...
    The Spanish, also. They love their garlic, and they have a wonderful zest for life, the Spanish do.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

13th Warrior (23rd July 2015), meeradas (23rd July 2015), onawah (23rd July 2015)

34. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member Nature Spirit's Avatar
    Thanks

My question was specifically about garlic in relation to the path of Source, *whether eating garlic impairs the raising of frequency levels* so we aren't quite as aware (mentally, spiritually, quantum-ly) to reach higher dimensions and realms.

But garlic is like anything else, it effects everyone differently. Just as we are all on the ascension path, each one of us has a path which is completely different than the one sitting next to us. It will be different as we are all individual entities even though we are all one.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Nature Spirit For This Post:

Selkie (23rd July 2015)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

Quote Posted by Nature Spirit (here)
    My question was specifically about garlic in relation to the path of Source, *whether eating garlic impairs the raising of frequency levels* so we aren't quite as aware (mentally, spiritually, quantum-ly) to reach higher dimensions and realms.

But garlic is like anything else, it effects everyone differently. Just as we are all on the ascension path, each one of us has a path which is completely different than the one sitting next to us. It will be different as we are all individual entities even though we are all one.
    Only those with eyes to see and ears to hear will comprehend the connection...

"One, knowing the white should hold firm to the black. For then divine light will come in due course. The white is the essence of gold and the black is the bases of water. One is one in number. At the beginning Yin-Yang (Sulfur-Mercury) is black, with yellow sprouts. The master of the five metals and the river chariot of the north. Hence lead is black on the outside, but holds gold flowers in its bosom. "
    Last edited by 13th Warrior; 23rd July 2015 at 17:26. Reason: fixed formating
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

37. The Following User Says Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

Sierra (23rd July 2015)

38. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,469 times in 5,705 posts

Just try the garlic.

If it doesn't work for you, stop. If it does, continue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast