+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Simon, say it ain't so.......

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member william r sanford72's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 times in 2,841 posts

Default Re: Simon, say it ain't so.......

I find using garlic very helpful in ridding the farm of parasites....ticks.. fleas...skeeters..on an on..
    truth and balance
    william
    Last edited by william r sanford72; 23rd July 2015 at 17:55.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

Billy (23rd July 2015), Mike (23rd July 2015), Noir (14th August 2015), Wind (24th July 2015)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,560 times in 5,028 posts

I remember being told while traveling around India that the more devoted Brahmins do not eat Garlic (or Onions) , as it had a negative effect on spiritual growth and consciousness.

http://www.krishna.com/why-no-garlic-or-onions

Krishna devotee chef, teacher, author, and TV star Kurma Dasa gets asked this question a lot. Here's his well-considered reply.

[Aren't these supposed to be good for you? Huh?]

One of the most common questions asked to me is this: "Why don't you eat garlic and onions?"

Here's my short answer: As a devotee of Krishna and a practicing Bhakti-yogi, I don't eat garlic and onions because they cannot be offered to Krishna.

Here's my longer answer: You may know that onions and garlic are botanical members of the alliaceous family (alliums) - along with leeks, chives and shallots.

According to Ayurveda, India's classic medical science, foods are grouped into three categories - sattvic, rajasic and tamasic - foods in the modes of goodness, passion and ignorance. Onions and garlic, and the other alliaceous plants are classified as rajasic and tamasic, which means that they increase passion and ignorance.

Those that subscribe to pure brahmana-style cooking of India, including myself, and Vaishnavas - followers of Lord Vishnu, Rama and Krishna - like to only cook with foods from the sattvic category. These foods include fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs, dairy products, grains and legumes, and so on. Specifically, Vaisnavas do not like to cook with rajasic or tamasic foods because they are unfit to offer to the Deity.

Rajasic and tamasic foods are also not used because they are detrimental to meditation and devotions. "Garlic and onions are both rajasic and tamasic, and are forbidden to yogis because they root the consciousness more firmly in the body", says well-known authority on Ayurveda, Dr. Robert E. Svoboda.

Some branches of western medicine say that the Alliums have specific health benefits; garlic is respected, at least in allopathic medical circles, as a natural antibiotic. In recent years, while the apparent cardiovascular implications of vegetable Alliums has been studied in some detail, the clinical implications of onion and garlic consumption from this point of view are still not well understood.

Nevertheless, there are still many adverse things to say about garlic and onions. Not so well known is the fact that garlic in the raw state can carry harmful (potentially fatal) botulism bacteria. Perhaps it is with an awareness of this that the Roman poet Horace wrote of garlic that it is “more harmful than hemlock".

It should be pointed out that Garlic and onion are avoided by spiritual adherents because they stimulate the central nervous system, and can disturb vows of celibacy. Garlic is a natural aphrodisiac. Ayurveda suggests that it is a tonic for loss of sexual power from any cause, sexual debility, impotency from over-indulgence in sex and nervous exhaustion from dissipating sexual habits. It is said to be especially useful to old men of high nervous tension and diminishing sexual power.

The Taoists realized thousands of years ago that plants of the alliaceous family were detrimental to humans in their healthy state. In his writings, one sage Tsang-Tsze described the Alliums as the "five fragrant or spicy scented vegetables" - that each have a detrimental effect on one of the following five organs - liver, spleen, lungs, kidneys, and heart. Specifically, onions are harmful to the lungs, garlic to the heart, leeks to the spleen, chives to the liver and spring onions to the kidneys.

Tsang-Tsze said that these pungent vegetables contain five different kinds of enzymes which cause "reactions of repulsive breath, extra-foul odour from perspiration and bowel movements, and lead to lewd indulgences, enhance agitations, anxieties and aggressiveness," especially when eaten raw.

Similar things are described in Ayurveda. 'As well as producing offensive breath and body odour, these (alliaceous) plants induce aggravation, agitation, anxiety and aggression. Thus they are harmful physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually'.

Back in the 1980's, in his research on human brain function, Dr Robert [Bob] C. Beck, DSc. found that garlic has a detrimental effect on the brain. He found that in fact garlic is toxic to humans because its sulphone hydroxyl ions penetrate the blood-brain barrier and are poisonous to brain cells.

Dr. Beck explained that as far back as the 1950s it was known that garlic reduced reaction time by two to three times when consumed by pilots taking flight tests. This is because the toxic effects of garlic desynchronize brain waves. "The flight surgeon would come around every month and remind all of us: "Don't you dare touch any garlic 72 hours before you fly one of our airplanes, because it'll double or triple your reaction time. You're three times slower than you would be if you'd [not] had a few drops of garlic."

For precisely the same reason the garlic family of plants has been widely recognized as being harmful to dogs.

Even when garlic is used as food in Chinese culture it is considered harmful to the stomach, liver and eyes, and a cause of dizziness and scattered energy when consumed in immoderate amounts.

Nor is garlic always seen as having entirely beneficial properties in Western cooking and medicine. It is widely accepted among health care professionals that, as well as killing harmful bacteria, garlic also destroys beneficial bacteria, which are essential to the proper functioning of the digestive system.

Reiki practitioners explain that garlic and onions are among the first substances to be expelled from a person’s system – along with tobacco, alcohol and pharmaceutical medications. This makes it apparent that alliaceous plants have a negative effect on the human body and should be avoided for health reasons.

Homeopathic medicine comes to the same conclusion when it recognizes that red onion produces a dry cough, watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose and other familiar cold-related symptoms when consumed.

These are just some of the reasons I avoid leeks, chives, shallots, garlic and onions.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Aspen (12th August 2015), Baby Steps (24th July 2015), Becky (23rd July 2015), Hervé (23rd July 2015), Jean-Marie (29th July 2015), Morbid (30th July 2015), MorningFox (24th July 2015), Nature Spirit (23rd July 2015), onawah (26th July 2015), Tenzin (30th July 2015), The Alley Cat (25th July 2015)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Nature Spirit's Avatar
    Thanks

That is so interesting Billy......I recently chatted with a cousin of mine who has never eaten onions or garlic. It's possible she was a devoted Brahmin in a past life. Her reasons are not of a spiritual nature though, she doesn't eat these things because she hates the taste. She loves to go to psychics and psychic fairs, but isn't really psychic herself. She likes to dabble in the psychic part but has little interest in actual ascension or spiritual practices. As a matter of fact, she has no idea whatsoever when I speak about frequency levels or vibration or the speeding up of time.

She has a great deal of death around her as PLUTO is prominent in her chart which might be the reasoning for the psychic interest. There are many on the other side of the veil she'd like to remain in communication with but cannot do it herself. At least not yet. I wonder if this will be something that may just pop up one day without advance notice.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nature Spirit For This Post:

Aspen (12th August 2015)

7. Link to Post #44
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Now, for a different facet of that subject, check this part of the The Ruiner's thread, from post # 362 to about post # 365 ... keeping in mind that Simon is surrounded by cats...
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

MorningFox (24th July 2015), Nature Spirit (24th July 2015), Selkie (24th July 2015), The Alley Cat (25th July 2015), william r sanford72 (24th July 2015)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    Now, for a different facet of that subject, check this part of the The Ruiner's thread, from post # 362 to about post # 365 ... keeping in mind that Simon is surrounded by cats...

The symptoms of toxoplasma are the exact same symptoms of those who have a zinc deficiency......When it comes to suicide and peculiar behavior, just look to the zinc/copper balance in the system.....and throw in a bit of niacin for good measure.

Most people with pets (Simon and his 9 cats) are less likely to commit suicide than people without pets.....

Why is this guy's blog called Blog of the Ruiner? Is his intent to burst our bubble of happiness?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nature Spirit For This Post:

Aspen (12th August 2015), MorningFox (29th July 2015)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

I'd like to address specifically the EEG disruption capabilities of garlic compounds.

The useful(however misappropriated) information the Dr. Beck has provided about garlic and an EEG readout; you need to research the terms "EEG Cloning"...

I would posit that garlic is your defense against the dark arts of certain mind control technology. Clearly garlic has the ability to block the reading of an EEG machine thus it would seem appropriate that it would also block the unwarranted influence of induced EEG tech...
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

Baby Steps (27th July 2015), onawah (26th July 2015)

13. Link to Post #47
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Clearly garlic has the ability to block the reading of an EEG machine
    ... the EEG readings aren't blocked: said readings show brain waves being desynchronized/scrambled. Scrambled brainwaves may be good for bouncing microwave targeting but not so good for flying fighter jets or driving racing cars.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

My experiment is over, I went 9 days without any garlic. A few things became clear during this time.

The neighbor (who is the animal/dog abuser) stopped trying to get under my skin. The police had told him he was not allowed to talk to me whatsoever, so of course he kept trying to chat with me while out walking dogs. I haven't talked to him or engaged with his antics since I reported his behavior to the authorities, but that didn't stop him from trying to get me emotionally riled. During my garlic fast, this behavior stopped entirely. (darkness was not interested in continuing the pursuit)

Another interesting thing happened. A woman who befriended me just before the fast, (a difficult woman who loved to correct me at every chance), stopped trying so hard to be friends with me. I telepathically questioned her motives for the friendship to begin with and she immediately stopped pursuing me. Nothing off color was said between us, but none the less she has now moved on. (a happy relief)

I've also noticed that my dogs are much more chatty with me (I communicate with them), my dreams have been a bit more vivid, and I feel overall more settled in this physical body than I have since the last three powerful gateways.

I don't have the urge to eat garlic like I used to......I can take it or leave it but I don't have an urge for it.

Now, about that chocolate....... (smiling)

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nature Spirit For This Post:

Becky (30th July 2015), fourty-two (13th August 2015), Hervé (30th July 2015), Jean-Marie (29th July 2015), Morbid (30th July 2015)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 times in 321 posts

reading this thread was painful. i grew up having fresh herbs, garlic & spring onion on the table at every supper. will try to change my diet to see any changes.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morbid For This Post:

Becky (30th July 2015), Nature Spirit (12th August 2015)

18. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

There is a saying, "Too much of anything is good for nothing."

19. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

In Simon's most recent video chat, he mentioned that we need to make sure we eat well through the next few weeks, especially for the August 15th festivities. I'm taking that to mean NO GARLIC, even though he didn't elaborate.... (smiling) Reading between the lines now. And EXTRA spirulina, iodine and Wheat Grass for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMRqX4rgrJU

20. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,549 times in 787 posts

I went for years not eating garlic until the day I healed my gut- from then on garlic no longer disturbed me and I eat it once again.

21. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

I didn't catch up with Simon yet.

So garlic is bad?

Because
    -'neuro-inhibitor'
    -blood-brain-barrier
    -EEG
    -vampires
    ?

Whats 'neuro-inhibitor'?
    Why is the blood-brain-barrier relevant?

I didn't get if Simon said that and where.

22. Link to Post #54
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 1,084 posts

When I was much younger one of my girlfriend's father...he was French... use to eat an entire garlic every day...like an apple...well he was extremely healthy...had no mental problems...because he liked me ...and we could smell him coming from a long way off

There is also not a lot of things more mouth watering than fresh garlic bread...and think of all the Italians and French who have eaten garlic regularly since who knows when...and who's food is enjoyed around the world.

Of course there will always be those who discover...using some science... and some guessing... that some thing we have been eating for centuries suddenly becomes bad for us...and we could probably find as many tests that show garlic to be good for us as bad for us...which proves what?

I remember when eggs were bad and when butter was bad...now suddenly it's ok...when we actual knew it before they even told us it's now ok for us.

Just recently we have had many studies that now show that saturated fat does not cause heart disease...when we were told 10-15 years ago that it was instant death

Lets face it...it does not take a rocket scientist to realise that we know very little about our bodies...especially when each of us might have our own special needs...based on our own likes and dislikes...and state of cell vibration due to individual state of 'enlightenment'.

Why does one person like some food and another not? Why does one person get ill when eating some food and another not?

Having a personal view that something is bad or good...surely might hold true for the person uttering his/her preferences or dislikes...and in a show of hands there might be more or less people agreeing with one view or another...but we still have not accounted for all the millions of people who just love garlic in their food...provided your partner does the same

Take care
    Ray
    Last edited by Finefeather; 13th August 2015 at 14:56.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Morbid (15th August 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3