+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weird undersea find on Google Maps

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

Default Re: Weird undersea find on Google Maps

I'm still wondering how Google can have such crappy software.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bob (17th July 2015), Hervé (16th July 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

when you see the cities of the sea rise , kiss your butt good bye ( quote from an off world human) ... I remember reading in the writings of Henoch , he speaks of cities under the sea , a great culture that chooses to have nothing to do with the top side world ... if the great war happens ( the third world fire ) they will rise and join the battle to preserve the Earth ... there will be a new player in the field that humanity is not prepared to deal with = the descendants of Atlantis YES , they are still on Earth ... the great war of long ago that created the Gobi desert and Death Valley has survivors that are still on Earth , the Nordics -tall blondes and the Blue skinned people , the descendants of Atlantis and Lemuria (Mu) ...everyday discoveries are made that always come back to Henoch's words ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

4. Link to Post #23
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Quote Posted by Silkie (here)
    I'm still wondering how Google can have such crappy software.
    Hmm.. tough one.. Windoz OS ?

Going down must be easy, going back up tho..

Last edited by Bob; 17th July 2015 at 01:28.

5. Link to Post #24
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Herve' was showing us Shiprock New Mexico

Here is how Google Earth Pro shows us Shiprock NM, under different "enhancement"

that expression "Real" or "Memorex" comes to mind..

The OP was asking about "what is it" being seen.

One can make an educated GUESS based on the imaging software used to find the "feature" being asked about. The original Bathymetry is needed to be accurate, else geological experience of the area would be useful for the best "guesses"..
    Last edited by Bob; 17th July 2015 at 02:06.

6. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

That's a crowbar catspaw. Back in 25,000 BCE when I first arrived in my spaceship, I was tethered outside it fixing a loose bolt and I dropped my catspaw. That's where the inspiration for this song came from...

The lyrics are really saying "I really don't like dropping my catspaw". It's Cryptic!

Last edited by gripreaper; 17th July 2015 at 02:43.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Jhonie (17th July 2015)

8. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Jhonie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,347 times in 244 posts

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    Welcome to Artifact Generation 101 !

What one is 'seeing' is the wonderful feature called Image Enhancement, to make a lovely picture appear out of 'nothing'. Image enhancement engines allow one to take some squiggles and exaggerate the features to let you see absolutely "stunning" images

Things like bent roads and buildings appear (y'all recall the spat with the google MAPS bending roads and bridges when navigating around?)

The source location in the OP is re-displayed below using Google Earth Pro, with different settings of the image engine..

First one is FLAT, or as close to 'reality' as the data from 'soundings' provides:

This next one has MINIMAL enhancement:

Now for Enhancement turned UP all the way !

Weeeee what amazing earth we live on? Hey is that Lemuria ?

Notice subsequently as enhancement is increased, the ISLAND bends and falls off into the SEA ! (Must be earthshifts happening, eh?)

Face on Mars anyone? (Image IRIS enhancement software was used on that one.. as I happen to have that professional image software program, and guess what? One can put the face of Pluto on Pluto with it! (or a face on Mars) or anything with tweaking slight bumps and valleys in the image, or exaggerating contrast changes, and fool oneself into seeing whatever one wants..)

Seems to me that if one is interested in exploring a great modeler to see what it is like making very realistic images: http://pixologic.com/zbrush/features/ZBrush4R7/ Enhanced images and the tweaking thereof on powerful computers with great software lets reality be tweaked into whatever.

Image Enhancement 'truth' is very very subjective, and the operator using the enhancement software to "improve features" (read, "remove noise") has to remove bias, to get as much image 'truth' as possible.. Thing is, removing noise with narrow bandwidth filters can at times actually create it by augmenting what is not really there.

Hi Bob, I am looking at this straight down on google maps not sideways. How does this enhancement look straight down?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jhonie For This Post:

Olaf (17th July 2015)

10. Link to Post #27
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 times in 268 posts

Bob, why are you constantly changing the subject to discussing a theoretical 3D interpretation of the flat image? That was not the subject of the OP.
    What is your intention?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Olaf For This Post:

Jhonie (20th May 2016)

12. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,086 times in 2,402 posts

Tube formations on Mars

There has to be something there to enhance in the first place but they probably are just geological features.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Selkie (17th July 2015)

14. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

Quote Posted by Olaf (here)
    Bob, why are you constantly changing the subject to discussing a theoretical 3D interpretation of the flat image? That was not the subject of the OP.
    What is your intention?
    I don't see what Bob is doing as changing the subject. I see it as directly addressing the OP.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post978886

When someone comes on and asks,

Quote Posted by Jhonie (here)
    I have no idea what this is, any ideas? Looks like giant tubes undersea.
    a person can hardly be faulted for addressing the OP as Bob has. The possible dislike of Bob's answer should not be construed as attempts on his part to change the subject, and I think Bob has shown the OP great respect because he took the question seriously, and put effort into answering it seriously. His answers have been critical of Google, not the OP or its author.

addition Sorry about talking about you as if you are not here, Bob.

addition
    ...What is your intention?
    It is obvious that Bob's intention is to provide a genuine answer to the OP, and that his intention is above board.
    Last edited by Selkie; 17th July 2015 at 16:40.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bob (17th July 2015), Jhonie (17th July 2015), Meggings (17th July 2015)

16. Link to Post #30
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

What is your intention?
    Excuse me OLAF, I have reiterated over and over numerous times, the LAVA/MAGMA TUBE plus techtonics plus validated the canyon observation by Herve'. Other information was posted by a MOD for instance discussing DIKES as a possibility. One shows EXAMPLES to discuss possibilities. Showing possibilities IS in answer the OP, - what IS IT ? No discussion the stuff stays in speculation.

The additional information was quite clear that the graphic engine which was used to create the OP is flawed, and any data being generated is about speculation, as the graphic image is speculative at best, and misleading at worst. This is quite inline with the op and i would appreciate staying on focus - the image engine is flawed, who knows WHAT it is, the speculations are what it COULD BE by geological history - that is a solid logic to answer the questions at hand - WHAT (why it can't be determined by the OP's graphic), WHAT it COULD BE based on the geological history of the area. AND various illustrations answering the questions of the various posters. DIALOG comes from answering the questions of the various posters, and I have. Clearly with supporting data and tools for enlightenment of the readers to understand when they see an image with a question, they have to rely on accurate tools - an inaccurate tool leads to wild speculations. THAT is extremely clear to me, is it to you?

17. Link to Post #31
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

I think what Bob is posting explains why the "3D" version of the feature on Google Earth is so distorted, because of the poor rendering software that can't interpret multiple heights and has problems with shadows. But I don't believe the 2D feature on the original image is an artifact. If this feature is being "enhanced," it still has to exist to begin with, and this feature is running at 90 degree angles to the natural ridge formations underwater. I have never seen one mountain ridge running at a 90 degree angle across other other ridges.

As I pointed out earlier, this is in an area reported to have covert military activity, and also looks to be still on the continental shelf or in an area that was above water in the past, near the ancient coastline.

18. Link to Post #32
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks Silkie - its obvious that trying to provide education and step by step explanation, with some levity tossed in to lighten up is missed at times. I agree with you and explained it in my reply to the member questioning why would I explain in detail. The detail is to illustrate and demonstrate, the graphic used in the OP is speculative, and in-conclusive. I have background in various image software, and I can see as any people can, the distortion induced by the google engine. I pointed out the IRIS image processing software and the ability to play with images and create ANYTHING desired by the operator of the software, depending on how one tweaks the software - specifically the filters in IRIS are notorious for generating from NOISE, any object that one concentrates on. The google engines tweak the images to make them "stand out" and get noticed (see the bent roads for instance) where there is a difference in altitude of various parts of the image. The OP image was from the google engine. One can do a search on the internet for distortions introduced by the mapping/earth feature display engines. It is horrendous.. So with that amount of distortion potential IN the image, I showed clearly what happens with the engine, how the image changes with different settings. Map program doesn't let you change the settings, so one is stuck, with what they give you which is an enhanced version. One cannot see the valley/canyon when on looks totally FLAT. Herve' pointed out it looks like there may be a canyon there I then verified in-fact that there is.. When presented with a "what is it" one needs to use the tools available, and deal with "tool inaccuracy" and operator bias to give a rendition that is as close to TRUTH as possible. If the goal is to stay in speculative realms of hallucination, any serious researcher would not participate. To be honest in interpretation, the proper analysis procedure needs to be used. If that is too much for some, I can't solve that issue for them. Objectiveness is what I personally go for. Those who want objectiveness I will help if I can..

Quote Posted by Silkie (here)
    What is your intention?
    I don't see what Bob is doing as changing the subject. I see it as directly addressing the OP.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post978886

When someone comes on and asks,

Quote Posted by Jhonie (here)
    I have no idea what this is, any ideas? Looks like giant tubes undersea.
    a person can hardly be faulted for addressing the OP as Bob has. The possible dislike of Bob's answer should not be construed as attempts on his part to change the subject, and I think Bob has shown the OP great respect because he took the question seriously, and put effort into answering it seriously. His answers have been critical of Google, not the OP or its author.

addition Sorry about talking about you as if you are not here, Bob.

addition
    ...What is your intention?
    It is obvious that Bob's intention is to provide a genuine answer to the OP, and that his intention is above board.

19. Link to Post #33
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bsbray (here)
    I think what Bob is posting explains why the "3D" version of the feature on Google Earth is so distorted, because of the poor rendering software that can't interpret multiple heights and has problems with shadows. But I don't believe the 2D feature on the original image is an artifact. If this feature is being "enhanced," it still has to exist to begin with, and this feature is running at 90 degree angles to the natural ridge formations underwater. I have never seen one mountain ridge running at a 90 degree angle across other other ridges.

As I pointed out earlier, this is in an area reported to have covert military activity, and also looks to be still on the continental shelf or in an area that was above water in the past, near the ancient coastline.
    This is the 2D version, tilted so that perspective can be seen:

Magma can go anywhere there is a tear. The magma appeared to flow into the CANYON. Going up earlier in the formation, further north one sees the east-west ridges from the magma moving up from the broken crust. I showed images of what that looks like (animated). Such matches that the formation is made with magma. Over in Hawaii, the magma flowing out forms all sorts of directions and snakes. If there is an ocean bottom it goes everywhere, if there is a channel it can follow the channel. To me it is obvious, its a whole bunch magma which has moved in a direction of a canyon, and followed paths it could travel in.

Seems to me anyone wanting to really explore that area should get a side scan sonar and go exploring, as armchair speculation is interesting, no question - that leads to actual exploration on-site. Then publish, do a video. I've done exploring too as you know over in the Bimini area, and there are shallow and deep formations. Trying to rely on just google without doing the on-site hand's on exploration is interesting for discussion, which I feel should lead up to hand's on exploration. Deep sea side scan tow-fish sonar scans can be done. A group can be setup to do that. And if it proves to be magma flows and tectonic plate features then what?

20. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Anakie (here)
    Tube formations on Mars

There has to be something there to enhance in the first place but they probably are just geological features.
    Yes, check this out. It is further north and I see similar objects to Mars tubes.

28.629887, -115.904148

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jhonie For This Post:

Bob (17th July 2015), justntime2learn (20th July 2015)

22. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Thank you everyone for your contribution. I enjoyed reading all of them.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jhonie For This Post:

Bob (18th July 2015), justntime2learn (20th July 2015), Selkie (18th July 2015)

24. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

http://blackbarth.com/largest-structure-on-earth-found-on-ocean-floor

Highly Camouflaged…this giant structure is nearly impossible to find! Its thousands of miles long and hundreds of feet wide! I don’t know what it is…but I do know that it is many..many..thousands of years old and probably built before the ocean submerged this area of the globe! Due too its mind boggling size and location…it could have only been built by an Ancient..Highly Advanced Civilization far more advanced in technology than man kind has ever known! BEHOLD…the greatest engineering feat of the ANCIENT ASTRONAUTS!!!

A couple of interesting videos included in the article.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 26th March 2016 at 11:30. Reason: added the interesting image, and the videos
    Blessed Be to You and Me.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jhonie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th March 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2