+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GoodGopher.com filters out mainstream media (24 hour public test drive)

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 987 posts

Default GoodGopher.com filters out mainstream media (24 hour public test drive)

The world's first anti-propaganda search engine is now open for a 24-hour public test drive. GoodGopher.com, dubbed "the search engine for truth seekers," filters out mainstream media propaganda and government disinformation, favoring independent media websites, blogs and reference sites.

more: http://www.naturalnews.com/050426_Go...est_drive.html

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GlassSteagallfan For This Post:

alh02 (17th July 2015), Antagenet (24th July 2015), ChristianSky (17th July 2015), genevieve (17th July 2015), Omni (17th July 2015), ponda (17th July 2015), Richard S. (17th July 2015), skyflower (17th July 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Japan Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 times in 339 posts

Default Re: GoodGopher.com filters out mainstream media (24 hour public test drive)

I do not know, and what make you think that independent media websites, blogs and reference sites are imune to NWO propaganda and gov disinformation ... Everywhere in the net, you have to double cross , triple cross your info to try to extract part of the truth, do not trust a search engine to do it for you.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Azt For This Post:

genevieve (17th July 2015), Omni (17th July 2015), ponda (17th July 2015), sandy (17th July 2015), Selkie (17th July 2015), Sunny-side-up (17th July 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Default Re: GoodGopher.com filters out mainstream media (24 hour public test drive)

This is good news IMO. Yes disinfo will be on it in areas, that is a given. However I applaud things like this

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

alh02 (17th July 2015), Antagenet (24th July 2015), genevieve (17th July 2015), ponda (17th July 2015), skyflower (17th July 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

I don't think that they are claiming to be propaganda free but anti-propaganda(anti-msm).This could be a useful tool when researching or double checking info.

Here is a quick comparison of a search done for 'jade helm' on startpage and then goodgopher.

The startpage front page gives you results from- wikipedia,rt.com,facebook,the guardian,dailymail,m.snopes.com,armytimes,american3rdposition

The goodgopher front page gives results from:dailystormer,the daily sheeple,veterans truth network,news with views,rense,shftplan,the common sense show,the liberty beacon

So it might be a time saver and/or a way to avoid some of the mainstream filters/algorithms and advertisement heavy sites that might carry more tracking cookies etc
    Last edited by ponda; 17th July 2015 at 12:06. Reason: added text
    When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
    the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic ~
    Dresden James.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

Antagenet (24th July 2015), genevieve (17th July 2015), Omni (17th July 2015), skyflower (17th July 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

Quote Posted by GlassSteagallfan (here)
    The world's first anti-propaganda search engine is now open for a 24-hour public test drive. GoodGopher.com, dubbed "the search engine for truth seekers," filters out mainstream media propaganda and government disinformation, favoring independent media websites, blogs and reference sites.

more: http://www.naturalnews.com/050426_Go...est_drive.html
    I say thanks, but no thanks...I will do my own screening.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Omni (17th July 2015), ponda (17th July 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

The intention is great... but...
    they need to put a little more thought into this.

If i search for 'Russia Today' .... naturally i expect rt.com to come up. Does it ? Nope.
    If i search for 'rt.com'... does rt.com come up ? Nope.

If i search for 'project avalon' ... naturally i expect projectavalon.net to come up. Does it ? Nope.
    If i search for 'projectavalon.net' ... does it come up then ? Nope.

If i search for 'bbc' does the bbc website come up ? Nope.

If i search for 'infowars' does the infowars website come up ? Yep.

Question: Who decides what is corporate/govt propaganda and what is not ?
    Answer: You do, by pressing the 'Bad Gopher' link below each returned entry.

So that means ... Big Pharma can block any websites that expose the toxicity of
    cancer drugs, etc. Or... someone at the NSA could block a website that offers
    conclusive evidence of the existence of aliens.

I happen to find rt.com's website interesting and often truthful.
    Others of a more 'anti-russian' bent might see it all as blatant propaganda.

I think i should be allowed to find project avalon in the search listings.
    I'm aware that there are no shortage misinformation promoted on this site.
    => the ascension will begin on 27 Sept
    => A new ice age will begin in 2040
    => There's going to be a financial collapse in 2015
    etc.

be happy :-)

lucidity

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

ChristianSky (17th July 2015), genevieve (17th July 2015), Omni (17th July 2015), ponda (17th July 2015), Selkie (17th July 2015), skyflower (17th July 2015), The Alley Cat (17th July 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Remember it's an early days Beta test run.It's going to be difficult to compete with the wide ranging scope of google and all that comes with it.But it's a start none the less and they will improve over time.

Apparently Mike Adams of Natural News fame is behind it.Here's the link to the launch of it.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/049874_Go...New_Media.html

Health Ranger launches world's first search engine that favors New Media while banning corporate and government propaganda: GoodGopher.com

(NaturalNews) The official beta launch announcement is here! The world's first privacy-protecting search engine that bans corporate propaganda and government disinformation is now ready for webmasters to submit their sites for indexing. The name of the new search engine? Good Gopher! (www.GoodGopher.com)

GoodGopher is the first and only search engine in the world that intentionally favors New Media / Independent Media / Alternative Media websites like Breitbart.com, The Intercept (Glenn Greenwald), Tom Woods (www.TomWoods.com) and TruthStreamMedia (www.TruthStreamMedia.com). GoodGopher will also selectively spider selected international news sites that have a reputation for fearless reporting on world events, such as RT (Russia Today), Der Spiegel and Al Jazeera.

Fake news sources like MSNBC are banned from the engine, as are all other websites pushing corporate propaganda or government disinfo. Sorry, National Geographic. Peddle your Monsanto mockingbird propaganda somewhere else...

In essence, all the websites which have been blackballed by Google News for reporting the truth are favored and highlighted on GoodGopher.com.

New Media webmasters are invited to submit their sites now to GoodGopher.com. Site crawling and indexing begins immediately.

GoodGopher will be available as a public search engine after a few weeks of crawling. Watch GoodGopher.com or NaturalNews.com for an announcement of search availability.

continues: http://www.naturalnews.com/049874_Go...#ixzz3g9xATj8G
    Last edited by ponda; 17th July 2015 at 14:36.
    When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
    the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic ~
    Dresden James.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

genevieve (17th July 2015), lucidity (18th July 2015), Omni (17th July 2015), skyflower (17th July 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 987 posts

GoodGopher.com now LIVE

Discover the search engine for truth seekers that promotes independent media and BANS mainstream media sources

Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/goodg...DGi44lTifg5.99

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Here is the website submission link:
    http://www.goodgopher.com/SiteSubmit.asp

I have submitted Avalon since it wasn't showing up in results.

+ Reply to Thread