+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Experience of a void

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Experience of a void

Yesterday after a troubling period of time for me physically I experienced a void. This is the only way I can describe what happened to me. I suddenly felt aware of a multitude of realities and a connection to everything. I had before, a lack of any real experience of anything spiritual, but a basic understanding from what I have read on this forum and elsewhere. After this experience I questioned that it could be real/possible if that makes sense to anyone? I'd appreciate if someone could take the time to to reply but I'm sure someone will perhaps this is a part of my personal journey. I'd like to add that it helped to remove some fears of what I believed was not possible to become possible if you can forgive my vague description
    Last edited by Connor; 19th July 2015 at 07:24.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Connor For This Post:

Agape (19th July 2015), Caren (20th July 2015), Citizen No2 (19th July 2015), Elisheva (19th July 2015), greybeard (19th July 2015), Guish (19th July 2015), Inversion (29th March 2016), Jake (19th July 2015), justntime2learn (22nd July 2015), NancyV (19th July 2015), TraineeHuman (19th July 2015), Wind (19th July 2015), Zampano (19th July 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,297 times in 575 posts

Default Re: Experience of a void

Hello Connor.

I cannot begin to explain what it is you experienced, that you experienced something outside of your 'normal' range of sensory perception I have no doubt, according to your words above.

Perception. What I have learnt over my forty two years is that it is the small things that come and go as early warnings, little nudges, if you like. Acknowledge and remember them and these shall shape your perception....... And it is your perception, no one else.

Nice to hear you question the norm at a relatively young age.

Regards.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

Connor (19th July 2015), Guish (19th July 2015), Jake (20th July 2015), justntime2learn (22nd July 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Thank you I appreciate your reply. Feeling rather refreshed today as the events leading up to what happened where somewhat traumatic although self inflicted. It definitely involved an altered state of consciousness that was perhaps a wake up call to get back on the right track, I was for a brief second in a warm place of beauty and had several visions of interconnected realities. I felt this was the right place to share this and has helped me today

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Connor For This Post:

Caren (20th July 2015), Guish (19th July 2015), Jake (20th July 2015), justntime2learn (22nd July 2015), kirolak (19th July 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

Yogananda used to say that one needs to shut down one's senses to know God. You obviously understood something without using your standard senses. If you are feeling better, if means that healing has started with a shift in consciousness. Good luck.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Connor (19th July 2015), Jake (20th July 2015), justntime2learn (22nd July 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,600 times in 1,987 posts

Hi, Connor, and welcome to the forum

It sounds to me like you had a mystical experience. If you like to read, there is a book called The Varieties of Religious Experience, by William James, that you might find enlightening, so to speak.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Connor (19th July 2015), Guish (19th July 2015), Jake (20th July 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Hi, thank you for the recommendation I will definitely find the time to have a look for this book. I appreciate your response

Regards

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Connor For This Post:

Guish (19th July 2015), justntime2learn (22nd July 2015), Selkie (19th July 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Hi Connor and thanyou for posting.

You might find something relating to your experience here in a previous post

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...468#post964468

PS: What ever you see, feel, experience try to not be surprised, stay focused and make the most of it, explore it at the time! but always stay safe
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Connor (19th July 2015), Guish (19th July 2015), Jake (20th July 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Hi thanks for replying, strangely enough I read this post before making mine whilst I was trying to make sense out of what happened It did help

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Connor For This Post:

Guish (19th July 2015), Jake (20th July 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

I've been thinking about your post (thread), Connor, and I wonder if it would be helpful for you to do one or more recapitulations? Because mystical experiences are very hard to put into words, and yet it is words that allow people to integrate unusual experiences into the narrative of their lives. So over the course of time, doing one or more recapitulations (you don't have to show them to anyone if you don't wish to), might be able to help you tease out more detail and find words to describe what happened to you. Write a recapitulation, put it away for awhile, and then get it out and read it. Think about your experience and what you wrote in the first recapitulation, and then write another one. And so on. Just a thought.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Connor (19th July 2015), Jake (20th July 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Thanks that seems like a brilliant idea. Can I just say I have so much love for the response of you and others on this thread I'm glad I choose to share the experience with you as the first of its kind in my life. I'm gonna get to it straight away although not sure how I'm going to word it I remember reading a description of 5th dimensional reality that relates to part of it, sort of being shown how that works happened, as well as glimpse into how we are all connected on some level to everything in creation. A kind of message from the creator of all things seem to happen which was beautiful. Maybe you can relate to some of this or maybe our experiences are different in ways we cannot describe I'm not sure but thanks again silkie I'm opening my notebook up now
    Last edited by Connor; 19th July 2015 at 18:11.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Connor For This Post:

Jake (20th July 2015), Selkie (19th July 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

Quote Posted by Connor (here)
    Yesterday after a troubling period of time for me physically I experienced a void. This is the only way I can describe what happened to me. I suddenly felt aware of a multitude of realities and a connection to everything.
    Hi Connor, thanks for telling us what you went through here.

Often, it is during or after, "troubling periods of time" that we go through what we can term spiritual or non-local experiences. Something was changing in you, shifting if you like, moving. This was happening on an unconscious level. These experiences can be disconcerting but it sounds like you also felt a sense of consolation with that "connection to everything." There is sometimes this obscurity, this void-like sensation, then slowly a clarity begins to penetrate.

Treasure this happening or non-happening. Ask within if it has anything it can teach or show you on a more conscious level. It's a gift, which I'm sure will open you to further understandings and adventures.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Connor (19th July 2015), Jake (20th July 2015), Selkie (19th July 2015), Wind (19th July 2015)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Hi, appreciate the time you took to reply. The connection to everything was the part that really moved me and I guess the thing that I was scared to believe was possible in the sense that I didn't want to believe it and It not turn out to be true. The more I think about it today the more at ease and accepting of it I have become it genuinely fills me with happiness. Hopefully it can start the positive changes I need so the negative actions before don't occur again.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Connor; 19th July 2015 at 18:09.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Connor For This Post:

Jake (20th July 2015), Selkie (19th July 2015)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    There is sometimes this obscurity, this void-like sensation, then slowly a clarity begins to penetrate.
    This is great it's really helpful. Very much like what happened I guess, I struggled to word it so.

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

The more I think about it today the more at ease and accepting of it I have become it genuinely fills me with happiness. Hopefully it can start the positive changes I need so the negative actions before don't occur again.
    Yes, and hopefully it'll allow you to loosen and let go of beliefs that may have perpetuated some of those "negative actions." Keep asking yourself--what did this show me about my possibly limiting beliefs? Then mentally clear them out!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Connor (19th July 2015), Jake (20th July 2015)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,244 times in 4,597 posts

Yesterday after a troubling period of time for me physically I experienced a void. This is the only way I can describe what happened to me. I suddenly felt aware of a multitude of realities and a connection to everything. I had before, a lack of any real experience of anything spiritual, but a basic understanding from what I have read on this forum and elsewhere. After this experience I questioned that it could be real/possible if that makes sense to anyone? I'd appreciate if someone could take the time to to reply but I'm sure someone will perhaps this is a part of my personal journey. I'd like to add that it helped to remove some fears of what I believed was not possible to become possible if you can forgive my vague description

That's weird . What kind of void was it , I'm wondering ?

Something better then always happens , when you encounter 'meaning' . Emptiness sometimes manifests when people take you down a lot ,
    or when you absorb too much information at the same time .

Brain overload , or say , collapsed function .

To me , a restart of some sort usually helps to return the bugger to its previous shape .

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Connor (20th July 2015), Jake (20th July 2015), Wind (20th July 2015)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Hi, I think after another nights sleep and some thinking i can describe a little better what I meant by 'void'. I felt as if my focus started to go inside myself, everything in the room started to feel really far away as if I could not reach the table next to me although I was not moving. As if my consciousness was entering a void. Then stuff occured outside my normal range of senses. Like I saw stuff but not with my eyes and I felt warmth but not with my body. Was a very moving experience. I feel different In a positive way something has definitely shifted within me
    Last edited by Connor; 20th July 2015 at 06:53.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Connor For This Post:

Jake (20th July 2015), Wind (20th July 2015)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Peacerebel (here)
    Hi, I think after another nights sleep and some thinking i can describe a little better what I meant by 'void'. I felt as if my focus started to go inside myself, everything in the room started to feel really far away as if I could not reach the table next to me although I was not moving. As if my consciousness was entering a void. Then stuff occured outside my normal range of senses. Like I saw stuff but not with my eyes and I felt warmth but not with my body. Was a very moving experience. I feel different In a positive way something has definitely shifted within me
    Welcome to the forum Connor!

Very well described experience, I feel like that description is so much similar to my own experiences from few years ago that I had to say hello.. :D Hello!
    Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply

Happy that I managed to get a good description together in the end.
    That's cool that it's similar to something you've experienced and im guessing now a lot of other people maybe.
    It's still having an effect on me I guess it's changed my perspective of things. Feel like I'm now moving in a really positive direction.

Regards

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Connor For This Post:

Jake (20th July 2015)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Hey, Connor.. Welcome to Avalon! Sounds perfectly healthy to me! These types of latent abilities/experiences are very much a part of our natural make up.. it is nearly impossible to find words to describe spiritual experiences using the words we have at our disposal.. Though, you did fine.. Be aware that the word -void- will have varying meanings with folks. We only use these descriptive words for lack of better, more precise terminologies. What a cool experience..

and again... WELCOME TO AVALON! !!
    Jake
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Connor (20th July 2015), Wind (20th July 2015)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Hi hi

Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah I guess I just grabbed for the best word I could at the time thanks for the heads up
    Cool is definitely the word

Regards

Connor

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Connor For This Post:

Jake (20th July 2015)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Connor, I re-read your OP, and it occurred to me that what you describe sounded like the description of a phenomenon called "de-realization",

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derealization

It is not my intent to alarm you, and I am happy that your experience was a good one

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Connor (20th July 2015), Jake (20th July 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast