Closed Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 8 15 LastLast

Thread: A Flat Earth not Round ...?

1. Link to Post #141
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,941 times in 376 posts

Default Re: A Flat Earth not Round ...?

Apparently the North Star Polaris can be seen far below the equator.
    I can't speak first hand on this,but perhaps some southerners can confirm this.
    This is healthy discussion.

Here is some more on Polaris.

In many old flat Earth books the fact that Polaris can be seen as far South as 23.5 degrees (Tropic of Capricorn) is spoken of as a generally-accepted fact:
    “If the Earth is a sphere and the pole star hangs over the northern axis, it would be impossible to see it for a single degree beyond the equator, or 90 degrees from the pole. The line-of-sight would become a tangent to the sphere, and consequently several thousand miles out of and divergent from the direction of the pole star. Many cases, however, are on record of the north polar star being visible far beyond the equator, as far even as the tropic of Capricorn.” -Dr. Samuel Rowbotham, “Earth Not a Globe, 2nd Edition” (41)

http://ifers.boards.net/thread/334/p...ern-hemisphere
    Last edited by aviators; 25th August 2015 at 22:46.

2. Link to Post #142
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Another researcher who's spent countless hours on this subject.
    Mark originally wanted to dissprove the flat earth model.
    Lisa Harrison does a great job with Mark Sargent.
    The last few minutes bring up profound sentiments which could cause a huge shift in conscious.

Last edited by aviators; 25th August 2015 at 23:15.

3. Link to Post #143
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,753 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by aviators (here)

Apparently the North Star Polaris can be seen far below the equator.
    Please do your research!

This took me two minutes to find.

http://education.com/science-fair/article/north-star-determine-live-earth

Use the Altitude of Polaris to Find Latitude

By Erin Bjornsson
    Updated on Jan 30, 2014

Sailors and travelers have used Polaris, also known as the North Star, for centuries to locate their position on the surface of the Earth. Polaris is the brightest star in the constellation Ursa Minor, whose seven brightest stars form the Little Dipper. Polaris is the brightest star at the end of the tail of the Little Dipper and is useful because it is the only start hat does not appear to move in relation to a specific location on Earth. Polaris cannot be seen from south of the equator.
    (the article continues)
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 26th August 2015 at 02:04.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

13th Warrior (26th August 2015), animovado (27th August 2015), Bob (26th August 2015), Jake (26th August 2015), scott12133 (26th August 2015), Sophocles (26th August 2015)

5. Link to Post #144
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Yeah, and I found this in 30 seconds:

6. Link to Post #145
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Those crazy flat Earthers give us Hollow Earthers a bad name.

Azt, The flat Earth resurgence on the fake intel circuit is about distracting people from Inner Earth mysteries. They are desperate to keep a lid on this and are pulling every trick out of the bag to stop us making etheric links. Whether strict H.E. theory is true is beyond the scope of this thread, but there are many intermediate theories such as Honeycomb Earth. And then you have cities in topside mountains which have nothing to do with H.E. theory, as they are only a mile or so down. This is the true meaning of the Mcarthyist phrase "The enemy within."

It is good to question everything we've been told, and have a platform and atmosphere where things like this can be discussed without fear of ridicule.

7. Link to Post #146
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

The flatness of the flapjack directly corrosponds to the angle of the mango.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chumley For This Post:

alh02 (26th August 2015)

9. Link to Post #147
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 times in 312 posts

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    Those crazy flat Earthers give us Hollow Earthers a bad name.

Azt, The flat Earth resurgence on the fake intel circuit is about distracting people from Inner Earth mysteries. They are desperate to keep a lid on this and are pulling every trick out of the bag to stop us making etheric links. Whether strict H.E. theory is true is beyond the scope of this thread, but there are many intermediate theories such as Honeycomb Earth. And then you have cities in topside mountains which have nothing to do with H.E. theory, as they are only a mile or so down. This is the true meaning of the Mcarthyist phrase "The enemy within."

It is good to question everything we've been told, and have a platform and atmosphere where things like this can be discussed without fear of ridicule.
    Why cant the hollow earth and the flat earth co exist as it does with a globe earth. Antarctica is a mystery and off limits to all but those who are granted a permit and under supervision, science only speculates as to what is below the crust as the deepest hole ever drilled is only eight miles deep.

Flat earthers also have no idea what the earth rests on or what is beneath.

There are ancient eastern texts that talk of Mount Meru and earth being part of Jambudvipa, they also describe highly advanced civilisations. Maybe its just two ways of looking at the same thing.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loveoflife For This Post:

terragunn (29th August 2015), Wide-Eyed (28th August 2015)

11. Link to Post #148
    Thanks

The formula is Pythagorean Ball Math

Here is how you enter the formula in Windows Calculator.
    The example is for 2000 miles.

Use 'advanced mode' and set to radians'.

Last edited by loveoflife; 26th August 2015 at 10:07.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to loveoflife For This Post:

the_real_dave-id (29th August 2015)

13. Link to Post #149
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks loveolife for that curvature example. 50 miles = 1667 feet
    If this is true Chicago skyline should not be able to be seen from across lake Michigan.
    This is what caught my attention and started my research on this topic.
    BTW I'm not trying to prove the flat earth model. I realize this is a controversial subject.
    For some the more you look at the FE material the more questions it raises.

14. Link to Post #150
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

[QUOTE=aviators;992852]Apparently the North Star Polaris can be seen far below the equator.
    I can't speak first hand on this,but perhaps some southerners can confirm this.
    This is healthy discussion.

In many old flat Earth books the fact that Polaris can be seen as far South as 23.5 degrees (Tropic of Capricorn) is spoken of as a generally-accepted fact: QUOTE]

We can't believe every thing we read. Anyone south of the equator could confirm this?
    Perhaps a nice clear (time exposer) picture of the stars. This would be solid research.

15. Link to Post #151
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Is this ship halfway under water? Or is the Earth round?

The phases of the moon, throughout the year show the shadow of a round earth, not disc shaped or flat...

The Earth is beatiful! Ever sat and watched a sunset? It is awe inspiring.. And would not occur on a flat planet, With a tiny spotlight circling overhead!

Folks who do real science are laughing at the Truther Community!!! As if WE put this crap out there! Real damage to real research is done when the world is busy slapping their foreheads... This is being attributed to the alt media, overall! Thanks everyone!

Jake
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

animovado (27th August 2015), Bob (26th August 2015), Richard S. (27th August 2015), Selkie (26th August 2015), Shannon (26th August 2015), Sierra (26th August 2015)

17. Link to Post #152
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Is this ship halfway under water? Or is the Earth round?

The phases of the moon, throughout the year show the shadow of a round earth, not disc shaped or flat...

The Earth is beatiful! Ever sat and watched a sunset? It is awe inspiring.. And would not occur on a flat planet, With a tiny spotlight circling overhead!

Folks who do real science are laughing at the Truther Community!!! As if WE put this crap out there! Real damage to real research is done when the world is busy slapping their foreheads... This is being attributed to the alt media, overall! Thanks everyone!

Jake
    The ship below the horizon is a simple, beautiful illustration that the flat earth "theory" cannot possibly be true.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Bob (26th August 2015), Jake (26th August 2015), Richard S. (27th August 2015), Shannon (26th August 2015)

19. Link to Post #153
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,753 times in 32,946 posts

This might be more accurate. (Remember: when looking at the horizon, our eyes aren't on the ground)

http://members.home.nl/7seas/radcalc.htm

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

animovado (27th August 2015), Bob (26th August 2015), Jake (26th August 2015), Selkie (26th August 2015)

21. Link to Post #154
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

One Gals research on ships disappearing. " line of convergence "
    If you fast forward to the end . Can you explain why the upper part of the ship is disappearing ?

22. Link to Post #155
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Harley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 times in 1,378 posts

What! No Moon!

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    Not very romantic.

Growing up just wouldn't have been the same!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Harley For This Post:

Daozen (28th August 2015)

24. Link to Post #156
    Thanks

Quote Posted by aviators (here)

One Gals research on ships disappearing. " line of convergence "
    If you fast forward to the end . Can you explain why the upper part of the ship is disappearing ?
    I posted these earlier in the thread from people with no agenda besides showing of their zoom lenses. https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post983445

One proves that a ship that dispersal over the horizon becomes visible when zoomed in on.

25. Link to Post #157
    Thanks

One of the main arguments about the flat earth is that it makes the truther community look ridiculous, as if it does not look ridiculous already to those who gain their reality from mainstream sources. I disagree i think that there will always be those who will not entertain the concept of conspiracies and will dismiss a conspiracy theory on hearing those two words. In my experience they usually have an academic degree and worked hard to obtain it.

I think that the FE is a big eye opener for many, attracted out of curiosity or for a good laugh many have been changed by the information promoted by the flatheads. Then they become involved in an alternative community and belief system that leads to other topics like freemasonry and so on.

I was talking to a green friend of mine who is definitely a STO type about global warming and chemtrails, as soon as i mentioned David Icke she said " what!!!, he believes the queen is a reptile" end of conversation, i was discredited. That was all she knew about DI and that was enough. Mentioning the many books he had written over the last 20 years was of no use.

Cognitive dissonance is powerful and keeps people blinkered, and promotes uniformed opinions, i cant blame them nobody likes their cherished belief systems challenged, especially if the have been decades in the making and their social circle also relies on the maintenance of those beliefs or be ostracised, like many truthers are.
    Last edited by loveoflife; 27th August 2015 at 13:32.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to loveoflife For This Post:

aviators (27th August 2015), genevieve (29th August 2015), Shannon (27th August 2015), Wide-Eyed (28th August 2015)

27. Link to Post #158
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

The FE theory definately raises my eyebrow! Not for any pure reasoning, though! Mental gymnastics! Nothing more, other than embarrassing.

I rather enjoy watching the sun set! FE followers have folks convinced that not only is the earth flat, but the sun is a tiny spotlight the size of Maine, that circles overhead! Basically telling anyone who has seen the sun set, or rise,, that we are all dumb!

Can you not look with your own eyes? When you want to know the weather, do you frantically look for bits of info on youtube,, or do you look out your window?

I can see for myself.. it is a core skill that is missing in the FE crowd!

Jake
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

animovado (27th August 2015), Chip (28th August 2015), Omni (27th August 2015), Selkie (27th August 2015), Shannon (27th August 2015), Wind (27th August 2015)

29. Link to Post #159
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

You know what amazes me the most? That this thread still is open, but it just proves that people here are willing to respectfully debate many (crazy) topics. I sincerely applaud that!
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

animovado (27th August 2015), Jake (27th August 2015), loveoflife (28th August 2015), Omni (27th August 2015), Selkie (27th August 2015), Shannon (27th August 2015)

31. Link to Post #160
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    You know what amazes me the most? That this thread still is open, but it just proves that people here are willing to respectfully debate many (crazy) topics. I sincerely applaud that!
    ..... .....

for me, very often, it is the interaction that is important, not the topic

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

animovado (27th August 2015), Jake (27th August 2015), Omni (27th August 2015), Shannon (27th August 2015), Wind (27th August 2015)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 8 15 LastLast