+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Missing 411 - The Movie

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 times in 300 posts

Default Missing 411 - The Movie

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...vie?ref=newest

If you're not familiar with David Paulides' "Missing 411" books, you should be. There are an alarming number of people who go missing, some with no trace ever found. Most of this activity occurs in or near national parks, and many of the places have names that make you wonder why they were named that way, like Devil's Gorge, etc. The response from the park service is equally alarming.

I guarantee at least one of the stories will trouble you to no end, but probably many more.

The one that has eaten away at me since first reading it is Jared Atadero's case. It's no coincidence that his is one of the featured cases in the film, as you can see in the trailer. It will be hard to watch the entire clip when it comes out, as will the entire movie.

It's touched a huge nerve. The kickstarter campaign started on July 17th; with barely 3 days into it they're almost halfway to 100K. Good on them.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Rex For This Post:

boja (20th July 2015), DNA (13th June 2016), drneglector (13th June 2016), Hervé (20th July 2015), Inversion (13th June 2016), jjjones (20th July 2015), Matt P (20th July 2015), Matthew (8th August 2015), Nasu (21st July 2015), Selkie (20th July 2015), Snoweagle (20th July 2015), Sophocles (13th June 2016), Sunny-side-up (20th July 2015), sunpaw (8th August 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

Default Re: Missing 411 - The Movie

Quote Posted by deadfoot (here)

If you're not familiar with David Paulides' "Missing 411" books, you should be. There are an alarming number of people who go missing, some with no trace ever found. Most of this activity occurs in or near national parks, and many of the places have names that make you wonder why they were named that way, like Devil's Gorge, etc. The response from the park service is equally alarming.

I guarantee at least one of the stories will trouble you to no end, but probably many more.

The one that has eaten away at me since first reading it is Jared Atadero's case. It's no coincidence that his is one of the featured cases in the film, as you can see in the trailer. It will be hard to watch the entire clip when it comes out, as will the entire movie.

It's touched a huge nerve. The kickstarter campaign started on July 17th; with barely 3 days into it they're almost halfway to 100K. Good on them.
    So... what happens to these people ?

be happy :-)

lucidity

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

jjjones (20th July 2015), Rex (20th July 2015), Selkie (20th July 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th July 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

In many cases, they're just gone with no trace.

In the cases where they're found, or their belongings, it's equally strange. They're found at higher elevations, or miles away (or often both) - seemingly physical impossibilities especially when we're talking about young children. It's hard to appreciate the depth of these cases without reading at least one of the books.

David Paulides never speculates on who or what is responsible.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rex For This Post:

jjjones (20th July 2015), Selkie (20th July 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th July 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I finally got a copy via Inter-library loan in my State and read the voluminous copy in a couple of days. It is overpriced on the market as the author mentioned and is very hard to secure. I wanted to read his other works along the same lines since he has done several books. Unfortunately the Library Loan requests are such long lists, that it seems improbable that I will be able to get the Eastern version, or the newer edition he did., I think in 2014 with much updated information. One thing his work has done has made me very aware of the dangers in walking alone and unarmed in the forests and wood refuges where I had spent many years from very early on, exploring with delight the scenic grandeur and joys of seeing animals in the wild. That won't happen now. But, the adage, "To Be Aware, is to BE Alive is a motto I now live by when outdoors. Mr. Paulides has done a great public service and anyone traveling in the Great Outdoors needs to be apprised of the risks!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crosscountryman For This Post:

jjjones (20th July 2015), Rex (20th July 2015), Selkie (20th July 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th July 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

Thank you for this thread, deadfoot. I am seriously thinking about laying some bucks on Mr. Paulides, because his work involves real concern for real people. And he puts in the leg-work. He goes to these places, sometimes. He interviews the relatives of the missing and/or others who were there at the time of the disappearances. He has uncovered something truly horrendous. Something REAL. I have read all 4 of his books, and the cases he presents are truly strange. In many cases no trace of the person is ever found. No trace. Nothing. Ever. Or when they...or traces of them...are found, the circumstances defy explanation. The circumstances of the disappearances defy explanation, too, such as a young boy getting a little ahead of his parents of a trail. The boy goes over a rise, just out of sight of his parents, and he is never seen again, and no trace of him is ever found. I cannot recommend the Missing 411 series of books highly enough.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

jjjones (20th July 2015), Rex (20th July 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I just got a note from Mr. Paulides. For anyone who's read the books, you can help the kickstarter cause by posting reviews of the books on Amazon.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rex For This Post:

jjjones (20th July 2015), Selkie (20th July 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th July 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I just got a note from Mr. Paulides. For anyone who's read the books, you can help the kickstarter cause by posting reviews of the books on Amazon.
    Oh, I never gave that a thought. Thank you so much...I will do just that.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

jjjones (20th July 2015), Rex (20th July 2015), Sunny-side-up (20th July 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by crosscountryman (here)
    I finally got a copy via Inter-library loan in my State and read the voluminous copy in a couple of days. It is overpriced on the market as the author mentioned and is very hard to secure. I wanted to read his other works along the same lines since he has done several books. Unfortunately the Library Loan requests are such long lists, that it seems improbable that I will be able to get the Eastern version, or the newer edition he did., I think in 2014 with much updated information. One thing his work has done has made me very aware of the dangers in walking alone and unarmed in the forests and wood refuges where I had spent many years from very early on, exploring with delight the scenic grandeur and joys of seeing animals in the wild. That won't happen now. But, the adage, "To Be Aware, is to BE Alive is a motto I now live by when outdoors. Mr. Paulides has done a great public service and anyone traveling in the Great Outdoors needs to be apprised of the risks!
    I have the first two books, Missing 411 Western States, and Missing 411 Eastern States in my possession. I do not have ahold of the other two now, as I left them overseas, but I intend to re-purchase both of them. If you would like to have either or both of the books that I have in my possession, just PM me and I will send them to you at my own expense. That is how important I think Mr. Paulides work is. You could keep them or pass them on to people you know, as you wish. There would be no need for you to return them to me, as I can purchase new copies.

p.s. I have marked up and highlighted the books heavily, just so you know. Since you are free to keep the books or pass them on, you could do the same thing, if you wish.

p.s. I offer this totally without any strings attached, free of any obligation on anyone's part.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

DNA (13th June 2016), Rex (20th July 2015), silverfish (13th June 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

Hello Siblings,

Allow me to offer the most obvious speculations.
    1. These people end up at Dulcey.
    2. These people, their emotions or bodies or both, are
    food for negative aliens.
    3. Obviously.. some of the children may be the victims
    of (human) paedophiles.

This might be part of the reason for the reluctance of govt
    authorities to come clean about UFOs. There are negative
    aliens... they're very hostile to humans... they're preying on
    us and there's nothing we can do to stop them.

Is there the same problem for visitors to national parks
    in Russia and China ?

in Europe ?

What's the 'snatch-rate'? How many visitors to the USA
    national parks ? How many people go missing ?

Is there a map of disappearances so that we can see where
    the highest incidences are ?

lucidity
    Last edited by lucidity; 20th July 2015 at 20:18.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

Selkie (20th July 2015), Spellbound (24th August 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lucidity (here)
    Hello Siblings,

of (human) paedophiles.

in Russia and China ?

in Europe ?

lucidity
    There's a ton of speculation out there, but Dave rightly steers clear because he wants people to focus on the facts. And trust me, even if you read just one of the books, it's almost overwhelming how much is there about each case.

One of the common themes with the people that have survived to tell about it, is that they don't remember the event or they're too young or too disabled to speak about it. Often they don't even know how long they were gone, or why they're missing certain articles of clothing, etc. And in many cases, dehydration, lack of nutrition and exposure cannot explain it.

After reading Thom Powell's most recent book (reviewed here a few weeks ago), I added a couple of items to my speculation list. One are the nefarious "green men", and the other are the deep woods "portals". But who knows for sure. We could go on and on...

Dave does indeed cover some international cases in at least one of the books. The cases are similar to the ones in North America.

I don't know what the stats are offhand, but he includes many reports with various metrics in his books.

If you go to the kickstarter site https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-411-the-movie go to the 52 Missing People Clusters section. There's a high level map there. He also sells one at his site: http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/catal...3/10070053.htm It's also in at least one of the books.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rex For This Post:

Selkie (20th July 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lucidity (here)
    Hello Siblings,

of (human) paedophiles.

in Russia and China ?

in Europe ?

lucidity
    Although Paulides does not speculate, reading between the lines, it is clear (to me, anyway) that Sasquatch is involved. Sasquatch is Paulides area of expertise. He was also has a background in law enforcement, and so he handles the cases in that fashion.

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/missing_411.html

About that map

although this is a small image. Just search on "Missing 411 cluster map" and you can get a much bigger image.

Personally, after reading all 4 books, I think most of the people are taken either as food, or as companions to whoever or whatever takes them, and that although they are never found, most of the people who go missing never leave the woods. Plus, I think that most of them are either eaten, either right away or after they die, although I don't necessarily think that the intent of all the "takings" is malign, especially the ones who might be taken as companions. I think there is a population of something out there, and I actually think that the National Park System was designed as their habitat, and that is why the Park Service turns a blind eye to the disappearances.

Oh, and about other countries, so far, Paulides has stuck to the U.S. and Canada.
    Last edited by Selkie; 20th July 2015 at 21:52.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Spellbound (5th December 2016)

23. Link to Post #12
    Australia Avalon Member Desrknelf's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't been able to get hold of the books, but I have listened to every interview I could find. Look up the few cases where children were found and actually remembered something to see how strange this is. It seems obvious to me that these people are being taken through portals. Since this seems to only happen in wilderness areas I assume it is beings that live in these places that do this; spirits, evil sasquatch and dog men I assume are all involved.

People disappearing in wilderness has been known forever. The Greeks believed the wild places governed by Pan were extremely dangerous and people might never return. Also I have read several accounts about American Indians going on vision quests and danger that can be associated with it. Ambitious medicine men could choose the most powerful, freakiest place and if they failed they would be found dead or simply never come back.
    I also remember a similar story from Siberia about shamans disappearing for basically the same reason in a Robert Anton Wilson book. I assume these are all related if true.

Also I have found that Indiginous Australian have a lot of stories about evil beings that would take people, particularly children, and benevolent beings that would work unseen to protect them and thwart the evil ones.

Also I expect these people are taken for a variety of purposes. Perhaps some to beused and vampired up by the forest beings themselves, and some handed over for brownie points to Dracos, humans for ritual sacrifice etc.. maybe to the greys for their hybrid program. 2 of the accounts make me believe some may go through portals accidentally rather than being stolen, or else they were pulled through and then apparently left alone for some reason.

@Silky, his most recent bookactually describes some cases in Europe,and he has also investigated several cases here in Australia. One of them fairly recently, a boy disappearing in NSW. There is also a case of a man in the blue mountains who got lost and was talking on the phone to his companions, and seemed to be in a place that did not match the place he disappeared from. He was found dead on a cliff.
    Last edited by Desrknelf; 20th July 2015 at 23:03.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Desrknelf For This Post:

Nasu (21st July 2015), Selkie (20th July 2015), Spellbound (5th December 2016)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Desrknelf (here)
    @Silky, his most recent bookactually describes some cases in Europe,and he has also investigated several cases here in Australia. One of them fairly recently, a boy disappearing in NSW. There is also a case of a man in the blue mountains who got lost and was talking on the phone to his companions, and seemed to be in a place that did not match the place he disappeared from. He was found dead on a cliff.
    Oh, yes...that's correct. I had to leave my copy of that book overseas, and I had forgotten that aspect of it. Thank you

26. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Over the weekend they made it past 100K so the movie will definitely be completed now. As of this writing they still have 13 days left for funding.

Thank you to everyone here at Avalon that contributed, not only money, but prayers, thoughts and well wishes.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Rex For This Post:

Selkie (3rd August 2015)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Oh!, thank you so much for posting this! I still hope to send him some money this month. I wish there was more time left for funding, though, because of my budget. I would so love to see the National Park Service's feet held to the fire (metaphorically speaking, of course).

p.s. I had clean forgotten about posting a book review on Amazon, and your post reminded me...so thanks

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Rex (3rd August 2015)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Silkie (here)
    Quote Posted by crosscountryman (here)
    I have the first two books, Missing 411 Western States, and Missing 411 Eastern States in my possession. I do not have ahold of the other two now, as I left them overseas, but I intend to re-purchase both of them. If you would like to have either or both of the books that I have in my possession, just PM me and I will send them to you at my own expense. That is how important I think Mr. Paulides work is. You could keep them or pass them on to people you know, as you wish. There would be no need for you to return them to me, as I can purchase new copies.

p.s. I have marked up and highlighted the books heavily, just so you know. Since you are free to keep the books or pass them on, you could do the same thing, if you wish.

p.s. I offer this totally without any strings attached, free of any obligation on anyone's part.
    I made this offer to crosscountryman awhile ago now, and he has not replied, so if there is someone else out there who would like to have these two books, just let me know, and I will send them to you as I would have sent them to him. No strings attached, sent at my expense for you to keep or to read and pass on, as you see fit. First come, first served of course.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Rex (3rd August 2015)

32. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,317 times in 4,085 posts

I can't wait to see this film. I like the way Paulides resists drawing conclusions saying he thinks the truth is more complicated than we think. He does have accounts of survivors but they are just as strange. I also remember him answering a radio question that asked if he thought there was more than one type of creature involved and he said something like that's an excellent question and we can't tell so we don't know, so it's possible? He does seem to say every question is an excellent question though. He's very much a messenger of evidance rather than conclusion I hope he shares his speculation

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Selkie (8th August 2015)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I could not agree more.

I have been reading Project Trojan Horse by John Keel, and I think anyone who is interested in Paulides' work and Sasquatch really ought to read it. That, and Hunt for the Skinwalker. Project Trojan Horse is especially important, I think, because of what Keel has to say about "window" areas, and how the Ultraterrestrials need the energy (and possibly the bodily substances) of living beings in order to completely transmogrify into temporarily full-blown 3-D manifestation. Since reading Project Trojan Horse, I have a completely different take on what is going on in the forests than I had before reading it.

p.s. I have read all four of Paulides' books, just to let you know.

p.s. I don't know if Mr. Paulides is aware of the work of John Keel, but I am thinking about writing to him to tell him about it. I think we are very close to a least partially solving an ancient mystery.
    Last edited by Selkie; 8th August 2015 at 16:08.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Matthew (8th August 2015)

36. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Here's what I just got from the Kickstarter update - I'm guessing at least another 6 months before it gets officially released:

Our co-directors, Benjamin Paulides and Michael DeGrazier, officially have picture lock of the film! It is monumental to have achieved this in just five months of editing considering the scope of the project. The term "picture lock" means that all video clips are edited and in place and will not be changed; they are "locked" in place. This allows the various postproduction specialists, (graphics, sound, color) to begin work on all the details that give a feature film a professional look and feel. It should be noted that everyone working on the project is either doing it for a discounted rate or are foregoing compensation entirely. Thank you to all who have or are helping to bring this project through to the finish line.

We can't say much about the film at this time, as our intent is to submit to festivals and they have certain restrictions about disclosure, however we can say that the movie will be 96 minutes long, not including end credits. Our hope is to be finished in the coming months so that we can begin the film festival submission process. The finish date is contingent upon the co-director's satisfaction with the post-production work. Neither one of them wants to release a half-baked product, thus they are asking for your patient support during the process.

Recently someone asked about the process of submitting to film festivals... If the movie is finished in the next couple months, we will begin submitting to festivals. Once a group submits a project, it usually takes 1 – 3 months before word of acceptance is received. From that point it can be another 1 – 3 months before the festival is actually held. Submissions and festivals take place during all times of the year.

Our ultimate goal is to get as many eyes on this important topic as possible, and we will not settle for a second rate distribution deal. We can promise you that everyone is working to their best ability, to complete this movie and get it to you. Thank you, you guys are amazing!

Missing 411 Movie Team

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rex For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th June 2016), conk (14th June 2016), DNA (13th June 2016), drneglector (13th June 2016), Ewan (14th June 2016), mgray (13th June 2016), Sophocles (13th June 2016)

+ Reply to Thread