+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tamam Shud ..... The Mystery of Somerton Man

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,302 times in 575 posts

Default Tamam Shud ..... The Mystery of Somerton Man

I post this as an example of a true, mysterious tale. I go back to this once or twice a year, and have done for a long time, and am still non the wiser.

Please, read the whole report and post what you think.

The Body on Somerton Beach

Name: unknown.
    Cause of death: unknown.
    Possessions: a scrap of paper with two words in Persian, torn from a rare first edition book. Welcome to the world's most perplexing cold case.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histor...795611/?no-ist

Regards.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

DaRkViPeR (23rd July 2015), ponda (24th July 2015), regnak (24th July 2015), Selkie (23rd August 2015), toppy (24th July 2015), uzn (24th July 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Default Re: Tamam Shud ..... The Mystery of Somerton Man

Somerton Man was a contract killer or a secret Agent (contract killer )

makes more sense
    Last edited by regnak; 24th July 2015 at 18:09.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,171 times in 1,747 posts

A friend of mine drew an interesting Connection. I told him of a true Story where a man was arested in Germany for killing 2 Neonazis in selfdefence on a railstation in about 4 seconds. He got arested by the Police an a lawyer was hired to get him out by a doubios Company. Here it Comes: He had no papers on him. But cigarettes. And all Labels from his clothing were carfully removed. The Police could never figure out his identity and he didnt tell them. Since the lawyer was making legal pressure and it was obvious that the man had acted in self defence. It was on tape on the railstation. The Police had to release him cause no crime was comitted. The lawyers Name is Ferdinand von Schirach and he published the case in a book called Verbrechen (crime in german). the book was really popular in Germany and it was also made into a series (this and 5 other really strange cases). The lawyer suspected that the man was a contract killer. So my guess would be that Somerton Man was a contract killer or a secret Agent (contract killer

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

regnak (24th July 2015), toppy (24th July 2015)

6. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Good morning. I've been researching this case for 4 years and have a book ready for publication by about Christmas. Not that I'm here to promote it, new information about the characters comes by very rarely, as do any leads that help confirm the suspicious nature of the Somerton Man's death.
    I'm hoping that by joining the Avalon outfit I might find a few 'espionage' thinkers, the police, back in 1948 and even now in 2015' will not countenance anything of an espionage nature despite the plain evidence that some was in place.
    Thanks for reading this far.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petebowes For This Post:

Jake (23rd August 2015), sunflower (24th August 2015)

+ Reply to Thread