+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lord Sewel: the cocaine-snorting, prostitute-using peer doesn't deserve our sympathy

1. Link to Post #1
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,225 times in 1,108 posts

Default Lord Sewel: the cocaine-snorting, prostitute-using peer doesn't deserve our sympathy

A fine and long overdue rant, from The Telegraph, By Stephen Pollard: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-sympathy.html

“After his swift resignation yesterday, at least we now know that Lord Sewel is sometimes capable of doing the decent thing. But when the peer responsible for drawing up the Lords' standards guide is exposed as a cocaine-snorting, prostitute user, there's not really any alternative to resignation.

To those who say that what he or any other politician does in his private life is - so long as it's within the law - his or her own business, there's only one sensible response: get real. Let's just say that again: he is a cocaine-snorting, prostitute user.

And for good measure, a cocaine-snorting, prostitute user who does it in his grace and favour flat, subsidised to the tune of nearly £2,000 a month by the taxpayer. Remember, this is not any Lord Average. It's the man who set the standards for other peers, and as Deputy Speaker sets himself up as an arbiter of proper behaviour.

If he wanted anonymity and privacy, he shouldn't have joined the legislature. And if he only wanted the title, he shouldn't have put himself forward to be Deputy Speaker. No one forced any of these roles on him. He sought them all.

Sorry, but with power comes responsibility. The responsibility not to act like, well, Lord Sewel. In the real world, anyone in a position of authority and leadership depends on respect. If they no longer have that, then not only do they not deserve to remain in that position, they simply can't. Whether it's their colleagues, the public or the press, their position - rightly – will always become untenable.

Not that all bad behaviour necessarily means the end. It's simple, really. If someone is exposed, does their behaviour pass the "Would you and I do this?" test.

Speeding? Yes, we oughtn't to, but we might. Pass out drunk, or do something embarrassing drunk? Yes, we might. There may well be a way back from such behaviour.

But snorting cocaine with two hookers? No way back.

Snorting cocaine with two hookers in a grace and favour flat as Deputy Speaker of the Lords. Are you joking?

No one should have any sympathy for such a man. Just as Reverend Paul Flowers, the disgraced Co-operative Bank boss caught taking crack and crystal meth, deserved his downfall, so does Lord Sewel. If we are feeling sorry, let's think instead about his family. It’s just a pity he didn't.”

Cheers,

Selene

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

avid (27th July 2015), betoobig (27th July 2015), Cidersomerset (27th July 2015), Citizen No2 (27th July 2015), cursichella1 (28th July 2015), Frenchy (27th July 2015), Gardener (28th July 2015), justntime2learn (30th July 2015), Matt P (27th July 2015), Mike (27th July 2015), Nasu (27th July 2015), sigma6 (27th July 2015), sijohn (27th July 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

Default Re: Lord Sewel: the cocaine-snorting, prostitute-using peer doesn't deserve our sympathy

Hi Selene,

I'm interested in which aspects of this scenario are the most degrading.
    I would be very grateful if you could answer my simple questions below:

Q1: Is it more degrading to have sex with a hooker .... or simply converse with a hooker ?

Q2: Is it more degrading to use cocaine .... or to be in the (conversational) company of a hooker (i.e. no sex)?

Q3: Is it more degrading to use cocaine .... or to be in the company of hooker (and then have sex with him/her) ?

Q4: Is it more degrading to use cocaine .... or to use cocaine with someone you then had sex with (free of charge) ?

Q5: Is it more degrading to use cocaine with 1 sexual partner (unpaid) ... or to use cocaine with two sexual partners (unpaid) ?

Q6: If he was snorting cocaine with a partner who wasn't charging for sex... would that be
    less degrading than snorting cocaine with a partner who was charging for sex ?

Q7: Is it more degrading having sex with two hookers... or more degrading having sex with just one hooker ?

Q8: Is it degrading have sex with two women who do not charge for the sex ?

Q9: Is it more degrading to snort cocaine ... than to take ecstasy ?

Q10: Is it more degrading to snort cocaine ... than to take cannabis ?

Q11: Is it more degrading to snort cocaine ... than to take ritalin (prescription stimulant) ?

Thank you for your help Selene :-)

be happy :-)

lucidity
    Last edited by lucidity; 27th July 2015 at 03:00.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

amor (28th July 2015), betoobig (27th July 2015), Cidersomerset (27th July 2015), DNA (27th July 2015), Selene (27th July 2015), sijohn (27th July 2015), Soup (27th July 2015), Watching from Cyprus (27th July 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 times in 1,560 posts

Default Re: Lord Sewel: the cocaine-snorting, prostitute-using peer doesn't deserve our sympathy

As Joe Blogs (ordinary citizen) not a great problem, although I would find him creepy!! But, as keeper of standards in government!!! Not really! Good that he resigned.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

betoobig (27th July 2015), Cidersomerset (27th July 2015), Nasu (27th July 2015), Selene (27th July 2015), sijohn (27th July 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

Hi Selene,

I've just discovered that Lord Sewel is 69 years old.

Unless he's been leading an exemplary life of health and fitness for decades....
    maybe eating as a raw food vegan; .. perhaps regularly running marathons
    ... maybe pursuing qigong or nei kung ...

I think it's unlikely he'd need _two_ hookers.
    We're short on the details.
    How old were these women ?
    Were they really hookers ?

He's 69. I think it's more likely that he's been the victim of a set up.
    This whole story... the shame and condemnation... is part of the set up.
    Someone's probably said... do X ... or we'll leak this story to the press.
    Refusing the play ball... he's resigned... and they leaked the story.
    Some scenario like that.

I think it's more likely that he's been encouraged to take a line of coke
    at his flat... than he's set himself up for a night of shagging two whores
    with a gram of coke.

I think those days... are probably... a long way behind him.

lucidity
    Last edited by lucidity; 27th July 2015 at 03:35.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

betoobig (27th July 2015), Cidersomerset (27th July 2015), cursichella1 (28th July 2015), DNA (27th July 2015), Selene (27th July 2015), Soup (27th July 2015), The Alley Cat (27th July 2015), Watching from Cyprus (27th July 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,297 times in 575 posts

Yes,

looks to me as if the good Lord Sewel wouldn't do somebody's bidding. This from today's bastion of the free press (sarcasm), The Daily Mail:

Quote Now disgraced Lord Sewel is pictured wearing an orange BRA as secret footage shows him attacking David Cameron and other leading politicians
    Standard MO for the Security Services. Hidden cameras, prostitutes, drugs, or worse.............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...liticians.html

Regards.
    Last edited by Citizen No2; 27th July 2015 at 14:34.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

avid (27th July 2015), betoobig (27th July 2015), Cidersomerset (27th July 2015), DNA (27th July 2015), Nasu (27th July 2015), Selene (27th July 2015), The Alley Cat (27th July 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Of course this man does not deserve our sympathy , he is typical of the double standard nature of many politicians and people of power.

This man needs to be punished in the way that Mr Average would be at the very least plus an extra bonus penalty for the fact that he should have known better and the position he held

We do not need to hear that this man has suffered enough because his reputation is ruined, has suffered severe embarrassmentand is 69,years of age.

The police invsetigation should be swift, thorough, transparent and PUBLIC as should be the trial.

Congratulations to the main stream journalists who have broken this story , now go get the peadophiles

Sijohn

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sijohn For This Post:

avid (27th July 2015), Cidersomerset (27th July 2015), Citizen No2 (27th July 2015), Gardener (28th July 2015), Selene (27th July 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,019 times in 927 posts

I agree that a man/woman that makes rules for others to follow and who's salary is paid by the public should be held to a higher standard when he/she breaks those same rules. THAT is the issue in my opinion. However, I suppose I view this from more of a libertarian point of view in that he and the prostitutes (if this is in fact real) were not hurting anyone and freely entered into these behaviors without being forced. No one was hurt except maybe their own selves...of their own choice. Neither prostitution nor drug use should be illegal in my opinion so I cannot grab a pitchfork and condemn the behaviors themselves.

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Cidersomerset (27th July 2015), Citizen No2 (27th July 2015), cursichella1 (28th July 2015), Deega (27th July 2015), DNA (27th July 2015), lucidity (27th July 2015), seko (28th July 2015), Selene (27th July 2015), sijohn (27th July 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,297 times in 575 posts

Matt wrote:

Quote I agree that a man/woman that makes rules for others to follow and who's salary is paid by the public should be held to a higher standard when he/she breaks those same rules. THAT is the issue in my opinion. However, I suppose I view this from more of a libertarian point of view in that he and the prostitutes (if this is in fact real) were not hurting anyone and freely entered into these behaviors without being forced. No one was hurt except maybe their own selves...of their own choice. Neither prostitution nor drug use should be illegal in my opinion so I cannot grab a pitchfork and condemn the behaviors themselves.
    My perspective is this.

Reading this 'story', my immediate thoughts were not about condemning the man for the drugs or the prostitutes, although I do take issue with hypocrisy, rather the way in which this story has been publicised. You can bet your last £ or $ that Lord Sewel, somewhere along the line, has not played ball, has refused to do someone's bidding.

The filming of the encounter must have been by covert means, it's not as if one of the prostitutes propped up her phone and said, "I'm just filming this for my records",
    so more than likely a covert camera. He seems very much at ease around the girls and the drugs, suggesting that this is not a rare encounter.

Remember when Nigella Lawson was involved in a court case with one of her long-term staff? The stories of rampant cocaine use emerged, only to be put to bed with the excuse that she was 'having a hard time'.

I do not have a problem with anyone using drugs, it is their choice. For a while I could have given the best of them a run for their money, but now it is not for me. From my experience, the great, the powerful, the assholes, they are mostly all at it, and worse.

You see, morality.......... Well, that is just for us wee people.

Regards.
    Last edited by Citizen No2; 27th July 2015 at 11:46.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

Cidersomerset (27th July 2015), cursichella1 (28th July 2015), DNA (27th July 2015), Gardener (28th July 2015), Selene (27th July 2015), sijohn (27th July 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

I did see this article yesterday and here are a couple articles from today.
    In the scheme of things if he wants to wear womans underwear , smoke
    cocaine , and spend his personal money on prostitutes that's up to him.
    But he is a public figure , with privilages , and the hypocrisy of his activities
    reflects on his role in the house of Lords.

=======================================================

Lord Sewel ‘will not quit’ after he is pictured in prostitute’s orange bra at cocaine sex party

By ickonic on 27th July 2015 Illuminati Criminals, Political Manipulation

‘Lord Sewel will be free to claim up to £300 a day in parliamentary allowances while any
    investigation is carried out into allegations that he snorted cocaine while cavorting with
    prostitutes.

The disgraced former Deputy Speaker of the Lords has indicated this morning that he
    would not quit his role as a peer despite fresh pictures emerging of him wearing a
    prostitute’s orange bra at a sex party.

Lord Sewel will “tough it out” by not resigning as a peer, the BBC has reported.’

Read more: Lord Sewel ‘will not quit’ after he is pictured in prostitute’s orange bra at cocaine sex party

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...sex-party.html

=====================================================

Time to derail this gravy train: Fury over cost of freeloading peers as size of Lords edges towards a thousand

By ickonic on 27th July 2015 Illuminati Criminals, Political Manipulation

he's Steve Coogan has dealt democracy a terrible blow

Time to derail this gravy train: Fury over cost of freeloading peers as size
    of Lords edges towards a thousand
    •Baron Sewel has admitted many members of House of Lords do 'f*** all'
    •Disgraced peer said some are picking up £300 daily allowance for 'no work'
    •Married father-of-four caught on camera snorting white substance off table
    •Footage taken during apparent drug-fulled sex session with two prostitutes

By Ian Drury, Home Affairs Correspondent, for the Daily Mail

Published: 23:58, 26 July 2015 | Updated: 10:09, 27 July 2015

‘Anger was mounting over peers’ expenses last night after disgraced Baron Sewel
    admitted many members of the House of Lords received money for doing ‘f*** all’.

Demands were growing for reform of the upper chamber amid fresh allegations of
    widespread abuse by peers living high on the hog.

Currently there are just over 800 members of the Lords but the number could soar
    to more than 1,000 if it continues at the current pace of growth.

It is already the second biggest legislature in the world after China’s politburo,
    which has 2,987 members.’

Read more: Time to derail this gravy train: Fury over cost of freeloading peers as
    size of Lords edges towards a thousand

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ges-1-000.html

===================================================
    ===================================================

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 27th July 2015 at 20:40.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Carmen (28th July 2015), Citizen No2 (27th July 2015), cursichella1 (28th July 2015), DNA (27th July 2015), Nasu (27th July 2015), Selene (27th July 2015), sijohn (27th July 2015), The Alley Cat (27th July 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,728 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by Selene (here)
    A fine and long overdue rant, from The Telegraph, By Stephen Pollard: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-sympathy.html

“After his swift resignation yesterday, at least we now know that Lord Sewel is sometimes capable of doing the decent thing. But when the peer responsible for drawing up the Lords' standards guide is exposed as a cocaine-snorting, prostitute user, there's not really any alternative to resignation.

To those who say that what he or any other politician does in his private life is - so long as it's within the law - his or her own business, there's only one sensible response: get real. Let's just say that again: he is a cocaine-snorting, prostitute user.
    Selene

At this point, as long as your politician is not a bleeping pedophile or a freaking satanist you should be thank full.
    I'll take a cocaine sniffing guy who enters into a transaction with adult women for their time and services over a lot of these clowns who we all know are guilty of far worse.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Cidersomerset (27th July 2015), Citizen No2 (27th July 2015), cursichella1 (28th July 2015), Lifebringer (28th July 2015), lucidity (31st July 2015), Nasu (27th July 2015), Selene (27th July 2015), Star Tsar (28th July 2015), The Alley Cat (27th July 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

I suspect it's an in-road expose to get to the more "serious" offenders and pedophiles "up the ranks",... Lord Sewel was/is very good mates with Tony Blair *cough*

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

but...but...???
    "give us our freedom from laws that penalise personal choice"...
    but...but...
    "this is disgusting from a man in office"...
    but...but....BUT...
    "get your hands off me you fascist copper".
    "what do we want? Freedom. When do we want it? Now"...
    "who are you to tell me what I can or can't do if it doesn't harm anyone?"
    "fascist pigs"...
    but...but...but
    "hang him...out to dry...coke snorting Lord f*****"

i could weep, i really could
    well said some of you.

the rest? too easily tripped...sorry

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soup For This Post:

Cidersomerset (27th July 2015), Nasu (27th July 2015), Selene (27th July 2015), The Alley Cat (27th July 2015)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Haha saw the title and thought it was about Bill Clinton
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

Cidersomerset (27th July 2015), Selene (27th July 2015)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Haha saw the title and thought it was about Bill Clinton
    Its how TPTB keep tabs on their puppets , Bribes , Blackmail and sexual fantacies....

Google "Bill Clinton rape" // Meet The Clintons (Corbett Report) // Cinton Foundation Links //Bengazi cover up

Google "Bill Clinton rape"

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ngazi-cover-up

================================================

Even the Black mailers could have been blackmailed ......Was J Edgar a cross dresser ?
    or did he have a gay lover at a time when it was taboo ? and racial segregation was
    still practiced in some southern states...

Did J. Edgar Hoover have a gay lover? New film suggests the
    ruthless FBI bosses' own secret was the most explosive of all

By Tom Leonard
    Updated: 15:44, 19 November 2011

A few days before whisking her to a party at the famous Plaza
    Hotel in New York, Susan Rosenstiel’s drinks-baron husband
    asked her if she had ever been to an orgy.

Given that ominous question, the socialite should perhaps have
    been prepared for a shock. But when she stepped into a suite at
    the hotel, she was greeted by a sight that would stay imprinted
    on her mind for the rest of her life.

Inside, sitting cross-legged, was a 63-year-old man in full drag
    — fluffy black dress with flounces, lace stockings and high heels
    rounded off with a black curly wig, false eyelashes and copious make-up.

Close colleagues: FBI boss J. Edgar Hoover, right, and his deputy Tolson, left, were dubbed 'Johnny and Clyde'

According to Mrs Rosenstiel, the cross-dresser introduced to her as ‘Mary’ would
    later join in an orgy involving two blond ‘boys’ in their late teens, her husband and
    a male lawyer friend.

But the elaborate get-up didn’t fool Mrs Rosenstiel, who had met ‘Mary’ before.
    Under the make-up, she recognised instantly, was the chubby face of John Edgar
    Hoover, head of the FBI and perhaps the most powerful and feared man in America.

After that party in 1958, her husband refused to discuss the encounter, but the
    couple returned to the same hotel the following year to find Hoover holding court
    once more.

It was a similar programme, only this time he was dressed as a flapper in a red
    dress with a black boa round his neck. And this time, the two young men who
    attended to him were dressed in leather and Hoover had one of them read from a bible.

It’s an extraordinary and, it must be said, hotly contested story which biographers
    are still bickering over today. But it is only one bizarre episode in the profoundly
    weird life of the 20th century’s most controversial lawman.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3h821RRyd
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

=============================================

British public schools and elite US fraternaties like 'Scull and Bones'
    are breeding and recruiting grounds for many of TPTB elitists puppets
    and they are blackmailed and manipulated from a young age and
    accessed for high office or some other post.....

====================================================

Lord Sewell is not in the above category as far as we know......................
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 27th July 2015 at 21:12.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

DNA (29th July 2015), Nasu (27th July 2015), Selene (28th July 2015), The Alley Cat (27th July 2015)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts

Quote Posted by lucidity (here)
    Hi Selene,

I've just discovered that Lord Sewel is 69 years old.

Unless he's been leading an exemplary life of health and fitness for decades....
    maybe eating as a raw food vegan; .. perhaps regularly running marathons
    ... maybe pursuing qigong or nei kung ...

I think it's unlikely he'd need _two_ hookers.
    We're short on the details.
    How old were these women ?
    Were they really hookers ?

He's 69. I think it's more likely that he's been the victim of a set up.
    This whole story... the shame and condemnation... is part of the set up.
    Someone's probably said... do X ... or we'll leak this story to the press.
    Refusing the play ball... he's resigned... and they leaked the story.
    Some scenario like that.

I think it's more likely that he's been encouraged to take a line of coke
    at his flat... than he's set himself up for a night of shagging two whores
    with a gram of coke.

I think those days... are probably... a long way behind him.

lucidity
    If that were even vaguely accurate, why would he resign without trying to put up a fight... besides the fact, he was quite literally caught with his pants down... shame that is the only way to expose these creeps... the sheer hypocrisy, amazing how morality isn't even an issue with anyone these days... I don't which is more bizarre to my mind...
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Cidersomerset (28th July 2015), KiwiElf (28th July 2015), Selene (28th July 2015)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Anyone who takes drugs is disrespecting their body and God and the same with the rest. They all have consequences, physical, mental and spiritual.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Cidersomerset (28th July 2015), Selene (28th July 2015)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

It's probably how they how they kept him on the leash, blackmail for public exposure. Hmmm...

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

That's the problem when they join these societies. They don't know the limits of how evil their masters are, until they require them to do something even they wouldn't do, and then they publicize/expose. Sometimes it's champions of the people like Weiner flashing on twitter. Just get the private freaky-deeksof the dark side out, and let them continue to do whatever they chose. The people have to be more selective of their reps now. I think we've been learning that lesson for the last 15 years.

All could have been avoided if when he found out they had the goods on him, he rejected that faux rep paycheck and resigned. Greed and power have a price.

Good for the good guys.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

We did w/Washington DC's crack Mayor Marion Berry. Washington capitalist trying to shut down black businesses in the 90's were far worse.
    Yeah for the water under the bridge moment, that leads to a watershed of disclosure to free US too, of the corporate freaky-deeks we have, voting and selling this country off through debt to other nations Bush2 borrowed. Like a going out of business $ale, they ran amuck behind closed doors. Cheney had their oil bosses in the WH, you know no good can come of those deals. It's buckle up time on the roller coaster of truth. Don't forget you selfie sticks, you gotta see it, to believe it, right?

Hang in there and good morning world.
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 28th July 2015 at 12:15.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Cidersomerset (28th July 2015)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Lord Sewel resigns from House of Lords after drug claims

52 minutes ago
    From the section UK Politics

Lord Sewel was filmed making a series of disparaging remarks

Lord Sewel has resigned from the House of Lords after being filmed
    allegedly taking drugs with prostitutes.Footage obtained by The Sun
    on Sunday appeared to show the peer - who had been deputy speaker
    of the Lords - snorting powder from a woman's breasts.

In a letter to the Clerk of the Parliaments, he wrote: "I want to apologise
    for the pain and embarrassment I have caused."

He said he hoped his decision would "limit and help repair" the damage.

Police have also launched a criminal investigation and searched a property
    in central London. The Metropolitan Police said it was looking into "allegations
    of drug-related offences involving a member of the House of Lords".

Read more....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33685519

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

KiwiElf (28th July 2015), Selene (28th July 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast