+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 - DOOM

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

Default Windows 10 - DOOM

Want to be spied on legally and also risk going to jail, etc?

If this sounds like what thrills you then start using Windows 10.

http://bgr.com/2015/07/31/windows-10...ow-to-opt-out/

Have a nice day.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,462 times in 2,000 posts

Default Re: Windows 10 - DOOM

Got that warning from Dutchsinse yesterday, seems like we are open to anything. Cover your cards with tin foil, and get rid of tracking/Bluetooth/gps in any car, as your car could be hacked! Paranoia is the latest problem foisted upon us, as no one will believe you when you cry foul! For goodness sake, is there any peace left?
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Nasu (1st August 2015), Noir (31st July 2015), ponda (1st August 2015), quiltinggrandma (2nd August 2015), Snoweagle (1st August 2015), TargeT (16th October 2015), Tommy (1st August 2015)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Wow... F*<k Windows. (I'm still in windows 7 luckily)but still I'm changing to Ubuntu in the next weeks.
    I think is the better solution. Thank you a lot for sharing the link!
    ~May the light shine with you. And within you~

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noir For This Post:

meeradas (1st August 2015), ponda (1st August 2015), quiltinggrandma (2nd August 2015), Snoweagle (1st August 2015)

6. Link to Post #4
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,691 posts

The release of Windows 10 "for free" reminds me of the concept used in the movie, "Kingsman: The Secret Service", where the villain releases a global sim card "for free"; - free phones, free internet - for everyone! There's a little catch; the sim cards can be used as an array with a modulated frequency, not just to spy on everything you do, but turning everyone into a killer at the press of a button via their smart phones, leaving the elite to rule the Earth after everyone else wipes each other out.

Of course, there's one further catch; the "chosen ones" [elite] must all agree to have a chip implanted in their heads, controlled by the main villain. At the press of another button, the chips can be overheated, exploding their heads

I'll stick to Windows 7 (grab the remaining copies while you can), and Apple for the moment (and I'm not even too sure where the latter is going any more).

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,141 times in 1,888 posts

No it would appear that there is no place left for us to have any privacy. I watch a video the other day called "The Cooking of America" It talks about the WIFI and how this has become our doom today. It is nothing more than Microwave signals and you all know that everything is based around this crap now. Smart meters anyone? You can find that video on www.stopthecrime.net As far as this Windows 10 Crap, If you still have Windows XP professional it is still a very viable operating system and now Microsoft is back to offering support again because most of the big corporations Banks and so forth are still using this software and have be refusing to move to the newer crap. Seems that microsuck is selling this junk to anyone that buys the new toys called smart phones. I do believe that these things will be the end of us and guess what is going to control and mort n likely is already controlling these things AI-Government-Google-Apple-you name it folks. So If your in the frame of mind of sticking your head into a microwave everytime you use one of these nasty things, good luck with that.

8. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 times in 772 posts

Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)
    I'll stick to Windows 7 (grab the remaining copies while you can), and Apple for the moment (and I'm not even too sure where the latter is going any more).
    yes buddy, not too keen on windows 10...going to install mint 17.2 later on along side with windows 7.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

KiwiElf (1st August 2015), Noir (14th August 2015), ponda (1st August 2015), quiltinggrandma (2nd August 2015), Snoweagle (1st August 2015)

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,749 times in 956 posts

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)
    Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)
    yes buddy, not too keen on windows 10...going to install mint 17.2 later on along side with windows 7.
    Hello Siblings,

He's right... Linux Mint is the way to go.

be happy :-)

lucidity

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

KiwiElf (1st August 2015), Nasu (1st August 2015), Noir (14th August 2015), ponda (1st August 2015), quiltinggrandma (2nd August 2015)

12. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,857 times in 1,120 posts

Can your microsoft libraries be transferred to Linux? Is there someone out there with knowledge of this Linux who can give dummies like me a heads up?

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Ivanhoe (6th August 2015), kersley (1st August 2015), Nasu (1st August 2015), Noir (14th August 2015), ponda (1st August 2015), quiltinggrandma (2nd August 2015)

14. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

unless there's a strong need for DirectX applications like heavy games there's no reason for anyone to use Windows
    the only thing Linux is missing yet is hardware acceleration but is working fast towards it.

@amor: what kind of libraries ?

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dim For This Post:

KiwiElf (1st August 2015), Noir (14th August 2015), ponda (1st August 2015), quiltinggrandma (2nd August 2015), Snoweagle (1st August 2015)

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 times in 222 posts

Thanks! I got a new laptop today and was upgrading it to win 10 when I read this post. I stopped halfway through the upgrade.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to skyflower For This Post:

avid (2nd August 2015), Inaiá (14th December 2015), kersley (1st August 2015), KiwiElf (1st August 2015), Noir (14th August 2015), ponda (1st August 2015), quiltinggrandma (2nd August 2015), Snoweagle (1st August 2015)

18. Link to Post #11
    Macedonia Avalon Member fractal's Avatar
    Thanks

huh

there is no "non-hackable" software any more ...

you need hardware support for that ...

ps: open source-open door for those in linux world

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fractal For This Post:

KiwiElf (1st August 2015), muxfolder (18th August 2015), Noir (14th August 2015), ponda (1st August 2015), quiltinggrandma (2nd August 2015), seko (1st August 2015), Snoweagle (1st August 2015), Tommy (1st August 2015)

20. Link to Post #12
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,691 posts

What gets me most is that Microsoft has ALWAYS had a penchant for leaving un-needed "options" ON by default (and I'm talking way back here to the mid-80's when I bought my first Macintosh "cube" - MS Word for example, always seemed to have the stupid options ON; you had to go through and turn a lot of them off because they weren't really "useful" at all - annoying more likely).

Even more scary, how do we know that when you go through the plethora of disabling all this spy-ware on Windows 10 that's its really OFF?

*Am Still using XP on the very OLD but reliable PC, Lost N Found*. Windows 7 on the MacBook. (Not many buyers realise that if you buy a Mac Computer since they switched to Intel several years ago, that you can run Windows on the Mac with a built-in Utility called Bootcamp. It comes free with every Mac; all you need to do is install Windows onto a partition on your Mac. Effectively two operating systems in one box.

It's sometimes amusing (and infuriating) when many people today just assume you have a smartphone (because they do), sending you all kinds of stuff that a very basic cellphone can't handle. Hahahah. Yup, I may be biased for Macs but I'll stick to my VERY basic cellphone.
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 1st August 2015 at 08:24.

21. Link to Post #13
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 times in 772 posts

if you into Windows then stick with Windows 7 don't think about anything later than Windows 7.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

23. Link to Post #14
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,828 times in 8,601 posts

I use Linux Ubuntu, have been for about five years..
    Its a great system--self cleaning--no slowing down--easy to operate and most software that you would ever need is free.
    Regular free upgrades.
    Never had a virus, though there is free virus software.
    With most PC's laptops you can run Linux and Windows but why bother.
    The only downside is that I cant down load pictures from my android mobile to it by wired connection, there is probably a way around this.

Chris
    A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. :attention:

http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

25. Link to Post #15
    United States Unsubscribed Troy Martin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lost N Found (here)
    No it would appear that there is no place left for us to have any privacy. I watch a video the other day called "The Cooking of America" It talks about the WIFI and how this has become our doom today. It is nothing more than Microwave signals and you all know that everything is based around this crap now. Smart meters anyone? You can find that video on www.stopthecrime.net As far as this Windows 10 Crap, If you still have Windows XP professional it is still a very viable operating system and now Microsoft is back to offering support again because most of the big corporations Banks and so forth are still using this software and have be refusing to move to the newer crap. Seems that microsuck is selling this junk to anyone that buys the new toys called smart phones. I do believe that these things will be the end of us and guess what is going to control and mort n likely is already controlling these things AI-Government-Google-Apple-you name it folks. So If your in the frame of mind of sticking your head into a microwave everytime you use one of these nasty things, good luck with that.
    And if WIFI isn't bad enough we have chemtrails showering aluminum on us. Microwaved aluminum in our bodies! Hotflashes anyone?

26. Link to Post #16
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 times in 876 posts

Here's an article from RT today:
    http://www.rt.com/usa/311304-new-win...rivacy-issues/

"Incredibly intrusive"

"Alec Meer of the ‘Rock, Paper, Shotgun’ blog pointed out this passage in Microsoft’s 12,000-word, 45-page terms of use agreement:
    We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to.”

What else would do you expect from Microsoft.
    The first kernel for Windows 32 was written in the development labs in Haifa, Israel.
    Two years later the worlds first anti virus was released to the world by an Israeli security company.

I personally prefer Linux now. Currently Debian "wheezy" 7.7 KDE, non updated from first install (out of the box). Encrypted disc. Gives me access to internet and some offline stuff. No personal data on PC of significance. Nothing is recorded by me. KDE does it's thing quietly and quickly normally. If I lost it today, no sweat, build another.

SUSE Linux 13.2 does performs superbly and resembles a phone app selection for applications. Beautiful and warm thing about this distro for the novice is that SUSE provides super support to enable you, the user, to safegaurd everything. I would recommend SUSE for definite ease of use but you must securitise it yourself. This recommendation applies only to the comparison I am drawing between Windows 10 and SUSE 13.2. I am not endorsing SUSE as being safe.

Overall, it isn't looking good for future Windows users. Windows 10 should be criminalised. Breach of virtually every Data Protection Law ever written or considered to be written.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

Noir (14th August 2015)

28. Link to Post #17
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 times in 876 posts

Quote Posted by dim (here)
    unless there's a strong need for DirectX applications like heavy games there's no reason for anyone to use Windows
    the only thing Linux is missing yet is hardware acceleration but is working fast towards it.
    Yes I concede that point. Windows 7 does provide a short cut in enabling performance game play out of the box which is probably it's only positive virtue.

The same is available within the Linux world but is beset with some speciality knowledge requiring manual intervention. It wouldn't be so bad if the goalposts didn't keep moving. Personally can't be arsed with it. I do do it, but only when it is essential and a one time only fix other wise it now gets a big "Meh" and thrown aside and I'll move on elsewhere.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

Noir (14th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (2nd August 2015)

30. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,409 times in 355 posts

There are no safe operating systems anymore, at lest not in widely used OS's that are online.

The thing is, if someone with the right amount of resources want's to spy on you they will find a way "in" no matter what system you use.
    Not saying this is right or that I enjoy living with this fact, but regardless it is the truth of the matter.

Personally I have given up thinking that I can hide anything anymore.

PS: If you don't use the "Express settings" you can opt out before the installation is complete, at least I could. At the very least you can opt out, and if you are smart enough to read the disclaimer/privacy policy then you are likely smart enough to opt out, cause at least there is an option

As for Win 10, I enjoy the new interface and multiple performance enhancements, though I believe that one should be opted out by default and then instead given an explained choice to enable certain features. Interestingly Microsoft is/were also part of a fairly large lawsuit against the NSA as Microsoft were accused of withholding information about Microsoft users and refusing to deliver it to the NSA... Not by any means saying MS is a hero, but it is interesting non-the-less.
    Could easily be a front though...

http://bgr.com/2014/01/27/microsoft-...-lawsuit-deal/
    Last edited by Tommy; 1st August 2015 at 16:52.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommy For This Post:

Hervé (1st August 2015), Limor Wolf (1st August 2015), quiltinggrandma (2nd August 2015), seko (1st August 2015)

32. Link to Post #19
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,905 times in 3,024 posts

There is no way to hide anymore, true, probably for longer than we can imagine.. but Win 10's new template is conditioning us to services that for now we can opt out from, but tommorrow... Mmm..probably not.
    It's the slowly heated water and the frog ancedote

With it's new browser 'Edge', you can add notes in handwriting using a stylus pen (stylus), directly on the screen that can be saved on the different websites.

And it's upcoming renewal is the option to log in with biometrics fingerprint, with face or iris scan, when accompanied with the appropriate hardware. This feature will allow us to unlock our computers without the use of passwords, then Microsoft can retire the old password for the sake of using biometric identification : face recognition, fingerprint or iris,

All of these are exclusive means of personal identification to a large degree
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 1st August 2015 at 18:30.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

KiwiElf (1st August 2015), Noir (14th August 2015), seko (1st August 2015), Tommy (1st August 2015)

34. Link to Post #20
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,452 times in 1,084 posts

Microsoft is doing no more than both Apple and Google(Android) have been doing for years with your phones.

Microsoft have only recently entered the phone market with their full operating system...which is the same as the PC OS.

Next time you install an Android App just take a look at all the things it wants access to.

The only way you are ever going to be free from the 'spying on me' paranoia from this kind of thing... is to give all your devices to me...

...I'll pay the cost of delivery to my doorstep...just PM me what you got

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Bubu (1st August 2015), Noir (14th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (2nd August 2015), Tommy (1st August 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast