+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, WWE legend, dead at 61

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, WWE legend, dead at 61

The world of professional 'wrestling' lost one of its icons yesterday, Canadian 'Rowdy Roddy Piper'. He apparently died of cardiac arrest at his home.

I thought my fellow Avalonians would like to know of his passing. He is near and dear to the hearts of many of us because of his wonderful (but largely unnoticed by the MSM, of course) lead role in the John Carpenter film "They Live".

This movie has become a touchstone among we of the awake & aware crowd because it does such a great job of portraying the reality of manipulation by the Illuminati i.e. through the use of mind control in the mainstream media, that feeds consumerism. I wonder how many people actually had the coins drop from their eyes as a result of watching it. I discovered it shortly after my awakening, but it sure confirmed my new status, and give me some relief to know that I was not alone.

Plot:

An unemployed drifter referred to as Nada (Roddy Piper) finds construction work in Los Angeles, and befriends fellow construction worker Frank Armitage (Keith David), who leads him to a local shantytown soup kitchen. There, Nada notices strange activity around the church; a blind preacher (Raymond St. Jacques) loudly chastising others to wake up, a police helicopter scouts them overhead, and a drifter (George Buck Flower) complains that his TV signal is continually interrupted by a man warning everyone about those in power. Nada discovers the nearby church is a front: the choir is actually an audio recording and the building is filled with scientific equipment and cardboard boxes. Nada finds a box hidden in the wall, but escapes when the preacher catches him. At night, the police attack and bulldoze the shantytown. Nada returns in the morning to find the church empty, but with the hidden box still there. In an alley, he opens the box and finds dozens of sunglasses. Taking one, he hides the box of remaining sunglasses in a garbage can.

Nada discovers the sunglasses are special. After putting on a pair, he sees the world in black and white and discovers it is not what it seems. Media and advertising hide constant subliminal totalitarian commands to obey and conform. Many of those with wealth and authority are actually humanoid aliens with skull-like faces. In a grocery store, Nada confronts an alien woman, who then speaks into her wristwatch notifying others about him. Two alien police officers try to apprehend Nada but he kills them, taking their guns. He goes on a shooting spree, killing several aliens that he encounters in a nearby bank. He sees one vanish using its wristwatch. Nada escapes, destroying a small, flying saucer-like alien surveillance drone and taking a Cable 54 assistant director, Holly Thompson (Meg Foster), hostage. At her hill-top home, Nada tries to convince her of the truth. He also begins suffering migraine headaches from using the glasses. Holly does not believe him. Catching him unaware, Holly knocks him through a window and calls the police. Nada tumbles down a steep hillside and escapes, leaving his belongings behind.

Now a fugitive, Nada returns to the alley where he finds the garbage can that he hid the other glasses in empty. He sees and enters a nearby garbage truck, where he discovers and saves the box. Frank meets him to give him his paycheck and tells Nada (now considered a wanted man) to stay away. Frank refuses to believe his story. Nada fights with Frank in a long fistfight, trying to force him to put on a pair of sunglasses. Finally, Nada holds Frank down and puts them on him and he sees the truth. The two rent a hotel room to discuss their predicament. Gilbert (Peter Jason), a member of the shantytown, discovers them and notifies them about a secret meeting with other activists.

There, Nada and Frank are given special contact lenses to replace their sunglasses. They learn from the bearded man's broadcast that the aliens control Earth as their third world, depleting its resources and causing global warming before moving on to other planets. The aliens use a subliminal signal broadcast into people's brains to camouflage themselves. Destroying its source will allow everyone on Earth to see their true form. Frank is given an alien wristwatch which functions as a complex radio and teleportation device. Holly appears, apparently joining the cause before apologizing to Nada. However, the police suddenly attack the meeting, killing anyone in sight while Nada and Frank are cornered in an alley after killing their way out. Frank accidentally opens a temporary portal by throwing the watch, through which the two jump into a network of underground passages.

The two find the aliens in a grand hall celebrating with their elite human collaborators. The homeless drifter from earlier, now a well-dressed collaborator, believes the two to be collaborators as well. He takes them on a tour of the passages, revealed to link the alien society, including a space travel port. A further passage leads to the basement of Cable 54 station, the source of the aliens' signal. The two then launch an attack, killing many Alien soldiers, through the building to find the broadcaster on the roof, before meeting Holly and taking her along. As Nada climbs to the signal broadcaster disguised as a satellite dish, Holly kills Frank. Finally revealing herself to be a collaborator, Holly takes aim at Nada and persuades him to stop as alien-manned police helicopters hover overhead. Nada complies by dropping his weapon, but then retrieves a hidden pistol from his sleeve and kills her. He then shoots and destroys the broadcaster before being fatally wounded by the aliens in their helicopter. Before he dies, Nada gives them the finger as his last gesture now that he scored the final victory over the aliens. With the signal destroyed, humans all over the world are shown discovering the aliens in their midst on television, in a bar, and in a comical final shot one woman finds the man she is having sex with is actually an alien.
    Cast

Roddy Piper as John Nada
    Keith David as Frank Armitage
    Meg Foster as Holly Thompson

Anyway, his death at 61 seems too soon.

Farewell to ya, wee Roderick George Toombs, we barely knew ya.

Brian
    Last edited by Fellow Aspirant; 1st August 2015 at 06:01.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

2. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

avid (2nd August 2015), Awakening2014 (1st August 2015), Axman (1st August 2015), Cidersomerset (1st August 2015), Creedence (2nd August 2015), cursichella1 (2nd August 2015), DNA (1st August 2015), Earthlink (1st August 2015), FinallyNow (1st August 2015), Gaia (2nd August 2015), Gardener (1st August 2015), genevieve (1st August 2015), ghostrider (1st August 2015), Hervé (1st August 2015), JRS (3rd August 2015), KiwiElf (2nd August 2015), Krist (1st August 2015), Lefty Dave (1st August 2015), lizfrench (1st August 2015), Maknocktomb (2nd August 2015), meeradas (1st August 2015), Muzz (1st August 2015), ponda (1st August 2015), pyrangello (1st August 2015), Rex (1st August 2015), Robin (1st August 2015), Rollo (1st August 2015), seehas (1st August 2015), sijohn (1st August 2015), Star Tsar (1st August 2015), Sunny-side-up (1st August 2015), Tommy (1st August 2015), william r sanford72 (1st August 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, WWE legend, dead at 61

Thanks for one of the best films ever RRP!!!
    Not many former WWE/F wrestlers have made it past say 55 so he did well but 61 is still very young in my opinion.
    See ya in the squared circle in the sky...
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st August 2015), cursichella1 (2nd August 2015), Fellow Aspirant (2nd August 2015), Gardener (1st August 2015), Krist (1st August 2015), meeradas (1st August 2015), ponda (1st August 2015), william r sanford72 (1st August 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,067 times in 698 posts

Who would have thought that a wrestler would be the main actor in one of the most important movies ever made.

R.I.P. Roddy Piper

" Loka samasta sukhino bhavantu / May all beings in all worlds be happy and free and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all "

tibetian mantra

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to seehas For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st August 2015), cursichella1 (2nd August 2015), Fellow Aspirant (2nd August 2015), Gardener (1st August 2015), ghostrider (1st August 2015), Lefty Dave (1st August 2015), meeradas (1st August 2015), ponda (1st August 2015), Rex (1st August 2015), Star Tsar (1st August 2015), william r sanford72 (1st August 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

David Icke on the movie they live

Uploaded on 29 May 2010

David Icke on the movie they live
    more of David Icke's interviews at http://ickefan.blogspot.com

They Live 1988

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

cursichella1 (2nd August 2015), Fellow Aspirant (2nd August 2015), Gardener (1st August 2015), Krist (1st August 2015), ponda (1st August 2015), Rex (1st August 2015), Star Tsar (1st August 2015), william r sanford72 (1st August 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member cursichella1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,236 times in 761 posts

Spotted this thoughtful R.I.P. on Twitter with picture and a caption that went something like this:

'How Roddy inspired us to see.'

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-01-10-48-15.png
Views:	104
Size:	471.3 KB
ID:	30709
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cursichella1 For This Post:

avid (2nd August 2015), Cidersomerset (2nd August 2015), Fellow Aspirant (2nd August 2015), Star Tsar (2nd August 2015)

+ Reply to Thread