+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canada Election 2015

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Default Canada: Election will be held on October 19, 2015

30 minutes ago... It's now official, the longest campaign in modern history of the country has begun. Prime Minister Stephen Harper visited Rideau Hall this morning to ask the Governor general David Johnston to dissolve Parliament.

One thing is certain, me my choice is made. This Harper Governement to makes less for Quebec since it is there that all Governements! And this result that he was sulking by Quebecers last time.

-Increase in the debt of 170 + billion

-Denial of science, muzzling of scientists

-Multiple bills mammoth amending hundreds of law without debate

-Multiple extension of session to avoid discussing

-Theft of 57 billion ds unemployed fund

-Modification of the ass. being that less than 35% of applicants have now access, pushing thousands of people poverty

-Billions in subsidies for oil and banks

-Unilateral cuts in the health transfer

78 days to be boring, day after day, to hear quacks trying to take us even more for idiots, we promise the impossible knowing full well that they are lying shamelessly, and occupy 90% of the 'new' in the media in the country. Well misery...

There should be a law that prohibits that futile as long campaigns. Two weeks would be amply sufficient to land of incompetent to replace them with others in the hope that they will do worse.... Sorry to say this....

Woman’s obituary asks readers to :''drive Stephen Harper from office'' right out of the country, and into the deep blue sea if possible...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/07...n_7897858.html

I honour her spirit . . . and her wisdom and discernment. We all should.

Gaia
    Last edited by Gaia; 4th October 2015 at 17:45.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Carmody (3rd August 2015), Daughter of Time (3rd August 2015), Herbert (3rd August 2015), justntime2learn (2nd August 2015), Olam (2nd August 2015), Sunny-side-up (2nd August 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

Default Re: Canada Election 2015

The Canadian Elections are on! Who will win? Anybody's guess. Who do you think will win?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cana...aign-1.3175136

Jokes, snide comments and in depth analysis, all are welcome.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Daughter of Time (3rd August 2015), enfoldedblue (3rd August 2015), Gaia (3rd August 2015), Selkie (3rd August 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Interesting question Ernie, here's my hunch.

I think that the Conservative party will be elected, a minority government. As yet Trudeau doesn't have what it takes to become the next PM. Mulchair may gain some seats but he will not take what is necessary to win, hope I'm wrong. Elizabeth May will take a few seats probably. And Duceppe won't take much seats in Québec. The NDP will take many seats in Québec, but not as much as last election, the Liberal may retake a few.

Personally, I would like Mulchair to become the next PM, but I don't think, he will make it.

Best to you!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

Daughter of Time (3rd August 2015), Ernie Nemeth (3rd August 2015), Gaia (3rd August 2015), Snookie (3rd August 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 689 posts

I hope it's not Harper or Trudeau as they are both too connected to the big boys. I agree the best we can hope for is a minority government.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

Daughter of Time (3rd August 2015), Deega (3rd August 2015), Ernie Nemeth (3rd August 2015), Gaia (3rd August 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I still say there should be a none-of-the-above vote. Of course that could never be because for the first time in history there would be almost 100% turnout and they would all be voted out of government.

That said, my first feeling is also a minority for the neo-cons, unfortunately. At least their influence might be slightly modified.

But with the length of the election, the power-mongering conservatives have the advantage - in spades.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Daughter of Time (3rd August 2015), Deega (3rd August 2015), Gaia (3rd August 2015), Selkie (3rd August 2015), Snookie (3rd August 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,424 times in 839 posts

Donald Sutherland.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Daughter of Time (3rd August 2015), Ernie Nemeth (3rd August 2015), Gaia (3rd August 2015), meeradas (3rd August 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member Daughter of Time's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,705 times in 1,092 posts

Quote Posted by Orph (here)
    Donald Sutherland.
    I second that!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Daughter of Time For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (3rd August 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

some harper factoids

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Daughter of Time (3rd August 2015), Deega (3rd August 2015), Gaia (3rd August 2015), Snookie (3rd August 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

Jimmy Carter, ex us president, says (I paraphrase) 'you no longer have democracy, you have oligarchy'.

which is also now more open as it cannot be hidden, due to the depth of the damage to the previous 'lie/cover' of democracy that was previously in place.

Harper and whomever will be elected behind him, ie, next, is going to be the face of more in depth oligarchy, more of a push into a third world hell hole situation, in order to leverage Canad deeper into being a third world resource energy state for the USA and the sham of democracy.

The only way to beat this... is to go into the election and vote in members of the green party, NDP, and so on. Voting anything like liberal or PC or whatever, any form of known popular non-social party, is to die on the end of a corporate pike in a field other piked flailing dying citizens.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (4th August 2015), Gaia (3rd August 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'll take no more lies and manipulation from Harper.

20. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Jimmy Carter, ex us president, says (I paraphrase) 'you no longer have democracy, you have oligarchy'.

which is also now more open as it cannot be hidden, due to the depth of the damage to the previous 'lie/cover' of democracy that was previously in place.

Harper and whomever will be elected behind him, ie, next, is going to be the face of more in depth oligarchy, more of a push into a third world hell hole situation, in order to leverage Canad deeper into being a third world resource energy state for the USA and the sham of democracy.

The only way to beat this... is to go into the election and vote in members of the green party, NDP, and so on. Voting anything like liberal or PC or whatever, any form of known popular non-social party, is to die on the end of a corporate pike in a field other piked flailing dying citizens.
    Harper has managed to nudge a traditionally center-left country to the right since coming to power in 2006. He has gradually lowered sales and corporate taxes, avoided climate change legislation, supported the oil industry against the environmental lobby, increased military spending and backed Israel's right-wing government. He has deliberately avoided sweeping policy changes that could derail his government.

An interesting political theory is that if an election campaign is all about someone, they will lose. In the upcoming election, Prime Minister Stephen Harper should be the issue.

In our lifetimes prime ministers Lester B. Pearson, Pierre Trudeau, Joe Clark, John Turner, Brian Mulroney, Kim Campbell, Jean Chrétien, and Paul Martin all failed in some ways but I think they had one thing that Harper seems to lack. They cherished this country and the institutions that have made it unique.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (4th August 2015), panopticon (15th September 2015)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

I fear that Harper will be re-elected. A disgrace in my opinion.

But truth is, there's no strong enough leader against him. So people will go for leadership over good values and good sense.
    - You have to face the truth.
    - What truth?
    - There is no spoon.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spacyman For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (4th August 2015), panopticon (15th September 2015)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

The Canadian Parliment has been dissolved, pending elections.

this means no work gets done, bodiless and headless, until the election is over.

I'm guessing the resistance was getting to be too extreme, so Harper cut of the mechanism by which he and his handlers could be dealt with.

Relatedly...the Canadian government is bodiless, while Jade Helm is still going on in the US.

Another important point, is to look at legislation or acts that were upcoming, to be discussed and decided as potential for legal debate. Things that were to be debated for purposes of Canadian law and legal changes, Acts and so on.

Was there anything in there that threatened the direction that Harper and his darker unseen handlers, were trying to push Canada into being? Things that would have the potential to derail this neocon/conservative/warhawk hijacking of the Canadian government that Harper and his handlers are?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Daughter of Time (4th August 2015), Ernie Nemeth (5th August 2015), Gaia (5th August 2015)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Wondering what you were alluding too, if anything in the above post...

There was the tpp trade deal that fell through from the Canadian perspective, is that it?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Gaia (5th August 2015)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I'm not alluding to anything specific, just a general consideration.

To look through up and coming potentials in proposed legislation that was to be debated. Murmurs from the sidelines of proposed legislation, things that would have either reveled Harper party malfeasance or potentially damaged Harper and his handler's 'rulership' functionality.

The other thing is that the control of government is more open in other countries, read this article about the US situation, coming from the mouths of the politicians themselves. about how insane the system in the US is and how it is now an open oligarchy.

Oligarchy, in this case, means a fascism. Fascism being defined as government and corporations colluding together to rule the population in a form of benefit to themselves and being entirely against the will of the public and against the benefit of the public. Open oligarchical slavery. Fascism.

The same sort of end result exists in Canada or in any given country which penetration has a means of occurring. It is parasitical in nature, via interlocked hidden pathways. Corporations, or..connectedly...oligarchy... will impose itself on a given country, communist, socially oriented, capitalist, dictatorially ruled, whatever. It will ceaselessly attempt and do so, until the desired result is achieved, which is control of the given country.

That is the nature of a parasite, as it has no other function. That is what it is. Expect it. Expect it to the tune of a 100%, no....a 1,000% chance of occurring. It cannot be overstated. A parasite must risk itself entirely, in all ways and at all times, in all acts and motions, in order to be alive by it's understanding of life.

The secondary performance, or existence aspect of a parasite .....is to connect to the host in an area the host cannot reach or take note of (hidden corners, out of reach areas), and to soothe or anesthetize the host wholly or to anesthetize the infiltration or attack point. To not be seen, to not be noticed. If noticed, to re-anesthetize. (black ops clean up crews, etc)

The oligarchy, the parasitical mechanism... is more open in the USA due to the given circumstance of the moment. It is in Canada, it is in Germany, Italy, Greece, Ecuador, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Australia, Zimbabwe...... anywhere you care to mention. Always, at all times, seeking penetration. It has no other function.

In the case of Canada, it is a paired oligarchical function, in the darker corners, out of sight, behind the faces of politicians, public offices and their hidden handlers, in how things are run. Paired and in sync in some components... and ...at war with one another. A war taking place directly in the field of the cows, or unwashed and unaware public itself. Where the war for the control of the people takes place with the people and the land itself being the spoils and the mechanisms or weapon of control.

It is quite obvious, to anyone paying attention, that the way the US was run, over the past 200+ years, is to use the USA and it's given 'might' (due to unspoiled resources stolen from slaughtered native Americans --resources now exhausted) to launch oligarchical attacks on other areas of the world. There is good evidence to show that it was created (USA creation) for that sort of specific purpose in the form of a 'long plan'.

Canada was created as a form of a place to go for those "who were not up wit' that crap". A place that drew a line, literally, that said, "here's a border.... and we're not with those psychos." It, this border...it quietly stated that they were with another, different group. A group who did things slightly differently, but simply ruled the population with a different sort of social, economic, and political backdrop. A kinder, gentler, slightly more hidden, slightly more humane (on the surface) form of oligarchy. But oligarchy and hidden, nonetheless.

The USA, conversely, wears is festering cesspool of parasitic oligarchy openly, on it's blood covered sleeve. Which system is more honest, is debatable. Neither is real for humans in the given locale, nor humane, by the measure of how most people understand or are lead to believe the meaning of the word humane.

In conclusion, rushing to the end point of the ramble.. these things are becoming more and more known by the general public, which is making this quite squirmy for the given oligarchy who are trying to run humanity as a toy truck around the planet; tear-assing around and feeding themselves with their brutality and viciousness.

Canada's politics were found to have some aspects of an Achilles heel, same as the US system of politics. chinks in the Armour, that were exploited... or chinks/holes/pathways that may have purposely been left in place in the formation of the political backdrop of contracts and wording.

In these holes, back-doors or unstated open aspects of wording and ruling - hidden systems of oligarchy stepped in, and began corrupting the system of Canada's government and economics, and ultimately, the social fabric of the country.

This has been happening for many decades, as a back and forth fight between the USA's neocon oligarchy, and the fundamentals of the oligarchy that created Canada in the first place. Right now, the seeming situation, is that the Neocon USA intrusion into the control systems, into the offices of politics and control of Canada, this Neocon and warhawk fascist intrusion....is on a runaway destruction course and path, designed to take Canada INTO the hands of an oligarchy that desires a 'North American State', to emerge. A North American walled off totalitarian state, if need be, if Canadians don't want to go along with it.

Thus, things like bill C-51, the overdrive secretive police state bill to create a terrorist us vs them paranoia in Canadians, to get them on board with the whole USA neocon warhawk fascism parasite that is hiding in the backdrop.

That is sort of where things sit today. This is a good component of the backdrop, as Canadians go into this 'election', which is a farce, unless Canadians vote against the popular parties and vote NDP or Green Party.

To stay away from the reptilian giants of the PC party or the Liberal party - Both of which are infested with candidates drenched in oligarchy.

The sad part is that all of the above is all too real and, conversely... is just a cover story that the public should absorb, so it can get it's self out of a severe oligarchical parasitic rulership 'going to hell in a handbasket' issue. The sad part being that it must be openly understood by the collective, understood individually, in order for extraction from current conditions have a chance to take place. The sad part is that..all of the above pales in comparison to the deeper realities of these surface level conditions....surface conditions with their hidden complex questions and answers.

The above ramble is not 100% correct in it's fine details, but the tack or direction it's wind blows in, is more than accurate enough for people to get a handle on what the reality of the deeper issues actually are. Issues that must be at the forefront of their consciousness, if they are to gain any traction in getting to the correct spot in what is a farce, the idea of an 'election'. An 'election' where both popular parties, ones that are likely to gain many of the votes.....those parties now so besieged by contaminants and virus... that they are mere fronts for fascism, or oligarchy. Parasitical mechanisms of human control and human downturn, all for advantage in and of a small elite few.

Feel free to quote this post in it's entirety and share with anyone.
    Last edited by Carmody; 6th August 2015 at 13:13.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (16th August 2015), Gaia (6th August 2015), seko (11th August 2015)

30. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

The Greeks distinguished three regimes:

Democracy, dictatorship and oligarchy. I do think that western democracy is not built against the oligarchy, but with his complicity. Worse still, the oligarchy is originally even of modern democracy. It has, therefore, shaped democracy in his image so that it serves its interests.

Western democracy in door brand the representative system our institutions have the stigma a multi party system facade, rights and freedoms powerless against fundamental liberal oligarchy; money as fuel of political life and a very unequal distribution of wealth.

The oligarchy succeeded to melt into the democratic mould and become a shield that protects it from popular anger. That why it works so well!

Let me make the link Carmody with the French revolution and the American revolution to illustrate my point:

These two countries being the cradle of human rights:

Today, inside this two countries:

The oligarchy still pulling people... It's being a facade since the beginning!

For the next election:

How sad it is to me to see the will of Canadians, the sanctity of their Parliament and the tenets of democracy being dismissed and dismantled by a governement that achieved its majority strength with less than 40 per cent of the electoral votes provided by only 24 per cent of eligible voters.

And how ironic it is to have this governmental servant of big oil, big banks and big business led by this man.

Next time, get out and vote and get rid of him. We all been warned by this issue...

But then who knows?

Maybe next year, Harper will legislate himself a lifetime term in office...

In the end, Canadians have only themselves to blame.

When that happens we will have no choice to defend ourselves as did the Frenchs and the Americans during their respective revolutions.

Amicalement

Gaia
    Last edited by Gaia; 6th August 2015 at 15:45.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Carmody (6th August 2015), Ernie Nemeth (16th August 2015), Sierra (16th August 2015)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

This is how dangerous Stephen Harper is. The most alarming part is... who worked hard in the shadows to put a confused mentality of that type, INTO the offices of the Prime Minister?

As, when he first arrived on the scene, he was a schoolboy. Schoolboys.... don't get to run countries. All they are, is a figurehead.

To hide that level of maladapted mind and to elevate him to the office ---- via media manipulation.

Stephen Harper: a smart tactician or a graceless narcissist?

Quote Someone described Stephen Harper as a Sphinx without a riddle.

Sphinx or not, as he moves government in Canada towards something that is plainly tyrannical, there is no mystery about his increasingly dictatorial nature.

“You have to appreciate Orwell to get a feel for Harper,” former Liberal interim leader Bob Rae told me. “His government doesn’t like alternate sources of information. It likes to be the sole source of information.”

Bad news, Stephen. Democracy is always a choir, never a soloist.

NDP (leader) Thomas Mulcair met Harper in 2007, and was struck by the “strange” character of the man who has made his party “smug, smart-ass, and full of half lies.” His utter dismissiveness of opponents was striking to Mulcair: “He never looks at his adversaries. There is no eye contact. It’s robotic. He pivots when he rises and looks at the Speaker. He never looks at his interlocutors. Questions don’t interest him. He is less and less connected with the question. What you get to see of him in the House is his right shoulder.”

Green Party leader Elizabeth May has repeatedly tried to break through with Harper, which should have been easy for the most convivial MP in Ottawa. In his Opposition days, she wanted to convince Harper that there were ways to meet Kyoto’s targets. She told him that his caucus could do good work on the environment. Sadly, their meetings were always “hostile.” But May didn’t quit. She resorted to an intermediary – Hugh Segal.

“Oh God,” she recalled Segal telling her. “I’ll never get him to say anything good about Kyoto, he sees it as one of those UN things,”

May explained to the affable Segal that she couldn’t make the case to Harper herself because, “he hates me with a bristling personal hatred.”

“He’s like that with everyone,” Segal replied.

In Calgary, I ran into Bill Phipps, the former moderator of the United Church. Phipps, a lawyer, churchman and social activist, ran against Harper in 2002 as the NDP’s candidate in the riding of Calgary Southwest. Harper refused to debate Phipps and won in a landslide.

“I went over to congratulate him at his headquarters and he wouldn’t shake my hand. He told me he despised me! I couldn’t figure out how he could despise me, since he didn’t know me.”

The list of people Harper hates, not counting the ones on the official enemies list the PMO keeps, is long – judges, journalists, environmentalists, professors, union leaders, scientists, federal bureaucrats, First Nations peoples, Palestinians, all opposition parties, and anyone or anything named Trudeau.

Remember, this is a PM who won’t talk to the premiers, wouldn’t talk to Chief Theresa Spence, doesn’t hold press conferences, and won’t speak at the UN, except through his finger puppet, John Baird.

Some people see this as a part of a wise communications strategy. It could also be viewed as graceless narcissism tinged with megalomaniacal leanings. Take your pick.

Fortunately, this is a PM who loves to have his picture taken – especially in world trouble spots with a large expatriate community in Canada that might go his way at election time. Despite all the warm and fuzzy money shots this man will leave to posterity, the differences between your garden variety dictator and Stephen Harper are getting harder to find.

A classic example of how Canadian government now works is how Harper shoved through the omnibus legislation in Bill C-38, last year’s Budget omnibus bill that had more to do with environmental pillage than the nation’s finances. May, who made a heroic last stand against this despotic act, told the prime minister she was open to negotiation if he would just talk about it. Harper said “Okay” and proceeded to ram the huge bill through, largely unscrutinized.

“I was astounded,” May told me. “If we couldn’t stop this or at least get a debate going, how else would anyone ever know in the public about the content of C-38? I mean a whole new department of government was being created in a budget implementation bill.”

Omnibus legislation, though it drew public opprobrium, is the new normal.

Armed with the most ill-deserved majority in Canadian history, Harper has become the Edgar Bergen of the current federal government, complete with a collection of Charlie McCarthy’s lap ornaments.

These wooden puppets appear to be saying things, but no one ever is; just the PM. We have degenerated into ventriloquism democracy — lots of talk but only one voice.

Luckily for Harper, puppets have no self-respect. That’s why his current Pinocchio, Pierre Poilievre, can perform the way he does. He squeezes drops of ink into the pure water of language every time he opens his mouth. Words have zero meaning. Truth is beside the point. There is only one goal; the desired perception — the mantra of the puppet-master.

Our farcical ‘Minister for Democratic Demise’ jerks his limbs and moves his lips only when master manipulates. Poilievre is so witless he continues to spout the party line with facts from reports he has misread — deliberately it would seem — even after their author has corrected him. And speaking of Poilievre, this Pierre appears sure to do a better job of voter suppression than Poutine if Bill C-23 passes.

The Fair Elections Act is almost like one of the dark novels of Evelyn Waugh. How absurd is it that the party that cheated in the In-and-Out scandal is now redesigning how voting will take place in Canada? What are they trying to fix, the system or the next election?

How absurd is it that the agency that caught the cheaters in the 2011 election, cheating with information taken from the CPC’s own closely guarded database, is now being carved up like Thanksgiving turkey? No powers of subpoena, a muzzled Chief Electoral Officer and the investigative arm of EC now reporting to the Director of Public Prosecution? Investigations no longer public unless there are charges? What do you call that, reform or revenge?

Greeting soldiers returning from Afghanistan while having your lawyers in court arguing you don’t have a social contract to look after them; closing veterans offices; unilaterally cancelling the rights of public service unions and their members; and stealthy, retroactive measures hidden in an omnibus bill to legitimize the improper appointment of a Supreme Court justice – more of the new normal.

Have you noticed how everything to do with government in Canada these days is either secret, under investigation, or in court? .

As Bob Rae put it, “Harper can be nasty, cynical, and has a deep authoritarian streak. If there is something these guys don’t like, they must pass a law to stop it. He destroys the freedom people should have to express themselves.”

Be advised. That will soon include elections.

It is quite obvious that when you look at this, you are looking at a thing that has been propped up and rolled into an agenda.

Something bent, something broken, something aimed and released, something propped up and sent on a savage journey, a journey that has nothing to do with Canada or it's people... a hidden agenda dictated from elsewhere.

It is quite obvious that we are dealing with fascists, who are going to try -at any and all price- to create a totalitarian Unified North American State.

As soon as possible, via any form of lies, manipulation, and falsification. They don't have to care about after effects, after they play out the scenarios, for.....if the scenarios work out they way they want, there will be no capacity to have a voice or for them to suffer any form of repercussion.The lies and manipulation only have to be good enough to create the change in the system, no matter any form of voice of dissent or complaint in media or alternative media.

There will be no after where corrections can take place, as the point is to create a different system. They are driving toward something where complaint and disagreement will be impossible, and if tried, will mean nothing and be without effect.

That is what you are up against.

You are looking at the figurehead of a darker group that is looking to literally change the political and legal landscape of the country into something else altogether. These people (Harper and cohorts) are not telling you what is going on and what it is being done for ---- as they know that the people would absolutely not be any form of a party to the agenda.

If a person can't see that, then they are really in a dreamworld.... and not paying attention.
    Last edited by Carmody; 10th August 2015 at 21:03.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (16th August 2015), Gaia (11th August 2015), Sierra (16th August 2015)

34. Link to Post #18
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

He's going to win again. He's running the same campaign he's always run, which works because it's based on fear, greed and ignorance. The other parties will split the vote, the media will soft pedal his excesses.

Here is the thing the vast majority of Canadians just do not give a s... about scientists being suppressed, Mike Duffy, environmental protections being trashed... anything, really, other than what their houses are worth. The old Canada died the day Harper won his majority, the new one he has created in his image is going to be a worse place for most people to live, and as it gets worse it will get easier for Conservatives to divide and conquer.

By controlling the orders, the oligarchs controlled the game...

Oligarchs hijack democracy in my country, with 39.6 per cent of the popular vote, the governement in power is telling the majority of Canadians to stuff it. Canada does not qualify to be called a democracy when the federal governement comports itself in quite the opposite way.

Shame on them, they are pathetic!!

To paraphrase Camus, ''Every man wants to be a gangster, those who cant make it become politicians.''

Gaia

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/op...dian-mind.html
    Last edited by Gaia; 16th August 2015 at 15:41.

35. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

42 (16th August 2015), bojancan (16th August 2015), chancy (16th August 2015), ghostrider (16th August 2015), GoingOn (16th August 2015), Lifebringer (16th August 2015), Matt P (16th August 2015), Nasu (16th August 2015), Richard S. (17th August 2015), sandy (17th August 2015), seko (17th August 2015), Tesseract (17th August 2015), ulli (16th August 2015), Wind (16th August 2015)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Gaia, the old adage, we elect representatives we deserved!, but, it doesn't hold today fortunately!

The System is built in such a way that potential representative with far out paradym valuing Human Being, Human Resources, maintaining the Santity of Life, Environment are not interested in being a representative, they (potential representative) know that the challenge is overwhelming!

Even though I don't see this fortcoming in years to come (Banksters are still to powerful), it will come, hopefully Earth won't have been destroyed by pollution, corruption.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

chancy (16th August 2015), INFONUT (17th August 2015), Matt P (16th August 2015), sandy (17th August 2015)

38. Link to Post #20
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Opening our minds and hearts to this sort of informations well as processing and understanding it is a challenging affair Deega. Not only do we need to sift through the propaganda and manipulation of the mainstream media, we have to do the same in alternative channels.

Ideally we should also have a deep philosophical foundation to contextualize any associated ''darkness'' into a more spiritual and empowering picture.

The fact remains that the true state of our global society has become clear: Humanity is suffering terribly here and now!!! Et j'en suis attristé...

That’s one reason why more and more individuals are waking up to the various mechanisms orchestrated by this Matrix of control and have disconnected from it for the benefit of their own freedom, health and wellbeing....

Amicalement

Gaia
    Last edited by Gaia; 16th August 2015 at 16:11.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

chancy (16th August 2015), Deega (16th August 2015), ghostrider (16th August 2015), GoingOn (16th August 2015), Nasu (16th August 2015), sandy (17th August 2015), Wind (16th August 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast