+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you dream or remember?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,540 times in 813 posts

Default How do you dream or remember?

This was a question asked to me by a person, many years ago, whom I had never met before....

Tell me? In what manner do you dream or have memories?

....... well I though it was a silly question but I answered and thought nothing more of it!

A few years passed and this same question was posted on another forum, so I answered again, This time a reply came....

You do know that humans do not interact like that!

Well I thought that was daft so I asked everyone I interacted with and guess what....... NO ONE who I have ever met, whom I have asked the question answers the same as me!
    Really, no one, ever, hundreds of people, family, friends, strangers, no one!

Thing is, until I was asked I thought every one thought the same....... no thats not right.... I never thought about it, it was just normal, to me!

So....... just pick one.... the answer is probably the same,

In what manner do you interact within a dream?
    In what manner do you interact with a memory from your past?

I only ask because I want to know Im not alone. (not sad I promise, just want to know)
    I have very many views that even the alternative community disagree with and thats fine. Each of us search for knowledge in our distinctly unique ways.

It would just help me to know?

Thank you for your time.
    lake
    Normal..!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

enfoldedblue (15th September 2015), Old Wolf (15th September 2015), PRAGMAE (5th August 2015), shadowstalker (11th August 2015), Sunny-side-up (4th August 2015), The Alley Cat (8th August 2015), Violet (5th August 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Default Re: How do you dream or remember?

Hi Lake good questions!

Sorry to say that I don't have many dreams that I remember

Had a bad one this morning though, was an aerial crashm
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

lake (4th August 2015), PRAGMAE (5th August 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Hi Lake good questions!

Hi Sunny

Then if I may I would ask you to right now think of a point 10 seconds ago!

How do you interact with that point?

By the way.... thank you for your response....... I am not trying to 'be' different, it is just me attempting to fill in the gaps!

lake
    Normal..!

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Uncle gr dreams in color , mostly about south America , somewhere on the coast, I believe long ago it was an et hotspot...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

lake (5th August 2015)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 times in 220 posts

Sometimes I interact as an observer, as in me observing myself. However, in the dream, I don't always look like myself, but I just know that it's me. So this experience is akin to immersing myself in a movie.

Other times, I go on in a dream like my waking day. I, myself, interact with everything in the dream as opposed to being an observer.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skyflower For This Post:

kirolak (5th August 2015), lake (5th August 2015), PRAGMAE (5th August 2015), Shannon (22nd September 2015), Violet (5th August 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,292 times in 744 posts

Interesting! Dreams are as important to me as so-called reality, & I remember most of them; I keep a dream diary, & have done so for many years. In some dreams I interact telepathically, in others there is speech or even strange writing. To me, the memory of a dream is no less valid than the memory of a "real" event, as both are just functions of Memory, engraved on the "palimpsest-like mind". This applies, I think, to both lucid and normal dreams, & I usually am aware that I am in bed, dreaming. There is often a voice, the Interested Observer, I call it, that comments on the dream sequences as they happen.

I've had many dream-state lessons, I suppose one would call them. . . for example, I was shown a fetus in a glass bell jar (?) with wires leading out to different dimensions, and it was explained that this being was living full lives elsewhere, as a little boy at school, a young girl just beginning her periods, & an old man playing chess. There are also crazy puzzles I have to solve, such as The Function of the Goose (!?) There are frequently strange chimera animals that accompany me; at times I attend lectures in a huge hall, and on occasion I have had to give the lecture myself. My favourite dreams ae of music, though. . . . an Ohrwurm can stay with me for months after a dream

Please share how you interact in dreams, as well!

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Alpha141 (14th August 2015), Jake (7th August 2015), lake (5th August 2015), Meggings (5th August 2015), Violet (5th August 2015), Wind (5th August 2015)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

If I'm unaware of the dream state, I interact with the dream as in daytime. I am me, and the people I meet are them. Situations tend to get out of control more than in daytime. Crisis management skills can be trained here.

But today I was going to meet an old lady in dream state, she took care of me when I was younger, and I knew something was off. The bell was different and even when she opened up. It was her, but the smirk on her face, that wasn't her. So, I knew this was not her and I also felt that I should not upset this thing.

When I am aware, I interact slightly differently. I'm still me. I look for specifics. I have the impression that my sensory perception is much more detailed in this state whereas when in unaware, things are a bit foggy.

There are always colours, there is motion, and landscapes are as we know them, and also animals are those I know. In unawareness, things don't go too much out of the ordinary.

Could you please expand on your own answer that humans don't interact like that?
    Last edited by Violet; 5th August 2015 at 10:35.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

kirolak (5th August 2015), lake (5th August 2015), The Alley Cat (8th August 2015), Wind (5th August 2015)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

I've noticed lately in my dreams where someone says something to me and when I ask that person a question they never answer. I find that a bit strange.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

lake (5th August 2015), Shannon (22nd September 2015), Sunny-side-up (5th August 2015), Violet (7th August 2015)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by lake (here)
    Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Hi Lake good questions!

Hi Sunny

Then if I may I would ask you to right now think of a point 10 seconds ago!

How do you interact with that point?

By the way.... thank you for your response....... I am not trying to 'be' different, it is just me attempting to fill in the gaps!

lake
    Thinking of a point ten seconds ago! Hmm? The scene is of me looking through my eyes but projected in my mind, the difference is though I can alter the scene and move to different angles, cut forwards and or reply at will! But is not a full movie as it where, no sound included, just my memory of what was said!

BTW: the dream (Plane Crashing) I remember I did interact in it, from a distance I was trying to stop it happening, this had the effect of slowing the image/event down into slow motion? Hopefully giving time in the dream for positive actions to take hold
    But yes I do interact in dreams, sometimes fully as if in so called RL.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

lake (5th August 2015), Violet (7th August 2015)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Zontos's Avatar
    Thanks

So I'm new to this forum, please forgive me if my perspective is skewed or off topic. Here's my thought on the subject and I'm not a medical professional, scientist, or anything it's just something I believe: I know that the universe vibrates a specific frequency and so does the earth. I also know that our bodies do as well as our minds, and when we sleep I know that brain frequencies change. It's my belief that, based on the multi-verse theory, when we sleep we are connecting to our alternate bodies and living those lives for a brief moment based on the frequency tuning in, matching that of the alternate universe, and though the power of either psychic energy or quantum energy the connection is made.

To me, Memory is just stored energy in a data loop in our nerve cells in the brain. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed...

-Zontos
    All data is good data.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zontos For This Post:

Heartsong (9th August 2015), Jake (7th August 2015), JoePiscapo (8th September 2015), lake (7th August 2015), Orph (17th September 2015)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

When I was working with Bob Felix and Robert Bruce, (OBE pioneers and explorers) Bob told me once, quite matter of factlike,, "There is no way to tell if your dreaming!" (Except for the lucid dream!)

I ponder this quite often..

Once upon a time, I, (Chuang Chou,) dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Chou. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.

Or better yet,, I, Jake had a dream in which I was a physicist doing the double slit experiment... When I realized that there is no Matter, only potentials,, and that the world was an illusion within a mind, , I looked up wondering who the dreamer is.. likewise, when I woke from the dream, I looked up, wondering who is doing the dreaming!

Jake
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

lake (7th August 2015), Orph (17th September 2015), The Alley Cat (8th August 2015), Wind (7th August 2015), Zontos (7th August 2015)

22. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

This is the 'problem' Jake, for want of a better word?
    I am becoming aware that this is a dream, that ANY so called reality including lucid dreams are but a creation .... there can then be no real as commanded by the ego / virus / implanted software ....... which is of course creating ( or am I doing it ) a huge disconnect from???? what my self?

I dream in the 3rd person and remember my (supposedly) past in the 3rd person. I have always done this, thought it was normal.

If I consider 10 seconds ago .... I can see my physical form from above and behind the right shoulder typing these words. I can stop the 'image' and turn it through 360 degrees vertical and by 360 degrees horizontal.

What is the I which I see through?
    What is watching the 'flow' of the past I have swam in?
    If the 'ego' voice is a impregnated limitation and is not me ....... then who am I watching me interact with, within a material dream state?

Some one would like to know?
    Normal..!

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Carmen (8th August 2015), Jake (7th August 2015), Orph (17th September 2015), Shannon (22nd September 2015), The Alley Cat (8th August 2015)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Hello lake

I have ask the question in an other forum one year ago. And I wonder about the replies. Many people dream in the ego perspective. But I... dream like you

Years I have though, that this is regular for others too. Maybe you have an other memory - eidetic memory? (some kind of?) I'm sort of this term. I remember things very imagefully. (and in 3rd person) Also I never forget a person and the persons name I met and things the person write. But this could also be a little bit strange for other people - maybe the think you stalked them :D

Quote If I consider 10 seconds ago .... I can see my physical form from above and behind the right shoulder typing these words. I can stop the 'image' and turn it through 360 degrees vertical and by 360 degrees horizontal.
    Have you ever tried to switch in ego perspective and then turn around, go out of the perspective? I know from my dreams, that it's possible to switch around in the perspectives. At the moment most of my dreams are in the "Observer position" - i have no body. When I thought "in body" I'm in - but this is only happen when you reached the lucid status.

My general dream view so is in color, 3d person and switchable "person". In the last two OBES I had, I was in the body from other persons. But this is another story - it was not at my will to be there..
    "Every person you look at; you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking"

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rai For This Post:

lake (8th August 2015), Orph (17th September 2015), Zampano (18th September 2015)

26. Link to Post #14
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,511 times in 573 posts

I've been avoiding this thread since it showed up, because I have a lot to convey about my own personal experience with both dreams and memory. And, I'm Engineer Class so I really really need to know specific exact answers, no matter the subject. I also posted a thread in the General Discussion section a few days ago called "Morphic Resonance or Universal Consciousness" that discusses some of the leading knowledge we have on energy fields and of course the Universal Consciousness (UC). The UC is epic in the dreamscape. Everything is connected there, believe it or not.

Anyway, again as an engineer, I also need to be specific and precise in any answers I give, so, that's why I've been avoiding this thread. It's going to take me time and energy to write it all down.

So, how about a compromise for now? I'll just talk a little about what we know of memory, and then come back another day and take on the big task of a good in-depth analysis of the dreamscape, ok?

Memories are not stored in our brains. This is why I brought up that other post, and the work being done by Rupert Sheldrake. Things that I have accepted and known as normal all my life are now being proved to be true, but they were not always this justifiable.

In fact, most of what you may have been led to believe goes on inside your head actually goes on outside your head.

Not only that, it is ... I don't know, assumptive? for us to have thought that memories are only of past events. Look at it this way: if I am sitting here now typing these thoughts into the words and sentence structures that make sense and can be read and understood by others, these are the most recent memories I have. <--- hitting the . (period) key at the end of that sentence was, at that point, the last memory I created. More have happened since, and they just keep coming.

So, while the term "now" always is moving into the future and out of the past, both the future and the past are places, or times rather, that I can not get to. I can not speed up time or advance an hour on the clock and nor can I go back in time, it is always now.

Now just imagine there's a picture here ... you know, I think I can draw a reasonable pic with these symbols on this comp ...

past -------------------- you in the now ------------------------future

There, that will work fine. Ok, so you are in the middle there, always in the now and never in the future or past. And from where you are in that graphic, everything to the left are events and time that has gone into the past, and everything on the right is coming, but hasn't arrived yet. This is where I believe we are being assumptive, for, how is it even possible to have such an elaborate and clear understanding of everything on the left side of that line, a vast and intimate relationship with details of smells, colours, spoken words and events, going back decades and in some cases all the way back to birth, and yet no interactions what so ever or memories of anything on the right side of that line?

Both of those places are places you can not get to, you're always stuck in the now. Furthermore, events and words and colours and smells are just as prolific on one side as they are on the other. Just because these events have not passed you yet, that doesn't mean they are not going to. And, unless the world ends (believe me when I tell you, I'd see it coming [yes I have, but we still have time to change things]) there are going to be smells and colours and events and conversations and everything that exists in the past also already does exist in the future too, so, according to our relationship with time, we can only remember them from where we are here in the now, and, that does go both ways.

We are all being subject to future memories and past memories. Perhaps the future memories are not as vivid, and, unlike the past memories, we actually can do something about the future memories that are always coming, but both sides of that line are occupied.

And now the biology of my brain is hot again from the electrical activity of writing, so I'm going to stop here for now. I know, I haven't even told you yet how I remember things nor anything of the dreamscape, but like I said, I'm Engineer Class, and, this is how we roll. This may be new ideas for you, and, things, ideas, like Tea, are better if they steep. It will all tie in together and be relevant to your query, I just like painting full pictures with lots of details.

See you again tomorrow, or the next day, and for today, I'd just like to throw it out there that we also do have future memories, and that they are similar to the past ones.

Last edited by Earthlink; 8th August 2015 at 04:04.

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Earthlink For This Post:

Alpha141 (16th August 2015), Ascension (9th August 2015), Heartsong (9th August 2015), Jake (8th August 2015), lake (8th August 2015), Orph (17th September 2015), ozlemer (9th August 2015), Rai (8th August 2015), skyflower (8th August 2015)

28. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Earthlink (here)
    past -------------------- you in the now ------------------------future

It will all tie in together and be relevant to your query, I just like painting full pictures with lots of details.

See you again tomorrow, or the next day, and for today, I'd just like to throw it out there that we also do have future memories, and that they are similar to the past ones.

I would like to thank you all for you time in replying to my question. I can tell you all that it is assisting me greatly.

Earthlink.... I agree with your assessment and await your furthering of our general interaction with anticipation. No rush .... in your own good time.

I do feel it links directly with this snip of a post by Carmody here

Quote You are standing in a river:

each atom is like a windmill that is spinning from the flow and it is created by the flow. The windmill or atom as a spinning vortex pattern. Seen only in and via their context to one another.

When we think, when we emote, when we walk and talk, when our heart beats, we are looking DOWNSTREAM ONLY, at the past ONLY. VIA the past. all of the universe of 3d time-space and unidirectional time is a history. It is historical. It contains only the past.

Science will tell you that the exact NOW moment is impossible to reach, except by 'quantum spookiness' Which means, in the context of atoms and elements, alloys and chemicals, etc... they all exist in the past, no matter how we measure them, it is always the past. Even though the NOW moment is what makes them go, what they run on, what their interactions stem from.

So, you can look inside and then be in the now moment, out of time, multi-dimensional, anywhere, any time any place, any interaction, any connection....... or continue to look at the past ---of your ass. Literally.

The animal, the body, the avatar that we project into this past via, filters everything. EVERYTHING, and it makes sure that you continue to look at this past timeline 3d time-space universe thing.

Now, importantly, when we project, we can project into and on those historical elements of atoms and the time-space that exists as a relation between them. But remember that within each of them, is a NOW moment, they flow from the eternal all connected NOW moment. And we are connected to all things, we are of that now moment.
    Thus I can understand that ALL this physical form 'sees' or interacts with is already in the flow of the past, I cannot change it, the wave is decided and depicted in front of me .... so I need to 'turn around' as it could be said ....... and look up stream!
    And I can also now 'feel' , for the first continued time, how it (this river) links us all.
    Its also changing my perception of 'humans' in a good way (although I prefer the terms men and women, human seems so shadowed)!
    Normal..!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to lake For This Post:

Earthlink (9th August 2015)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

In what manner do I interact with a dream or a memory?

This is a hard question to answer, as upon first reading it may be mistaken as to being asked how you remember a dream or memory.

When I interact with a dream or a memory, it is like real life for me. I experience very vivid dreams and always have done my whole life, to the point where they scar me like real life (physical) events. Of course, over time details start to fade but the general theme and feeling of the dream is still there (same with memories), I can remember dreams from when I was 6 or 7 years old and I am now 25.

When I revisit a memory it is as if I am reliving it, my whole body starts to react as if those events are occurring in the now. This is also the same with daydreams, or what we could call future memories.

As we know, time is not linear, time is happening all at once. The past, the present, the future; it is all happening simultaneously within another dimension of space and time. We also know that the physical reality within which we live is 99.9% empty space.
    I wish I could remember where I found this quote (it may be Carl Jung, but I can't be certain) but I totally agree with it..."When one is drifting into sleep no matter how hard you try to cling onto the sights, sounds and smells of your 'reality' they inevitably fade away as you fall into sleep and enter the dream state...the same can also be said for when waking from a dream, try as you might to bring back with you the sights, smells and sounds from the dream reality into waking life they also fade away." So whenever we leave one of our realities, they become memories.
    So how can we be certain that this physical reality is the 'real' one versus the very real feeling of a dream state or memory?
    So now the question is, what is a memory? Perhaps it is also another dimensional reality, after all we cannot hold all the memories we have in our brains...it simply isn't large enough.

Therefore, the conclusion I have come to with regards to how we are interacting when we dream or visit a memory is one of multi-dimensional (and time) travel. Especially when we think about the fact that other dimensions are not physical like ours, it makes sense then that in order to get those other dimensional realities it is not to be done by any physical means.

This is all theory of mine..I'm not sure if it makes much sense, but for me it seems to
    Also, just a bit of information on what types of dreams I have...most of the time I dream of people I have never met before in physical life, yet I can remember their faces so vividly that if I were to see them walking down the street I would recognise them. I dream of places that are nothing like this earth plane, but I have also dreamt of places that are of this earth plane and have later seen them in waking life. One example being a school, after dreaming of it I went on a shopping trip with my mum but we got lost and ended up driving down this country lane where I saw this school I had dreamt of a few days before, and I had never seen it in my life. if we were not to have gotten lost, I never would've known it existed in the physical.

I have always known that dreams have meaning since a child as they are so vivid to me and I feel like I gain messages and insights from them...I'm still learning about them and trying to figure out exactly what they are, but this is the theory I have come to for now

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paradox22 For This Post:

Alpha141 (14th August 2015), Earthlink (9th August 2015), Jake (9th August 2015), lake (15th August 2015), ozlemer (9th August 2015)

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member kaon's Avatar
    Thanks

I dream nightly and remember some of them. I suppose if I don't remember them, I don't know if I actually dreamed.
    My dreams are many times associated with what is going on in my life. For example, years ago I wanted to buy a boat so bad that I could taste it. As I searched and researched, I had many dreams about fishing and boating. Even after I bought my boat, I still had dreams about fishing.

Most recently, last night, my dreams were centered on my work. I hate my job with a passion, and my boss was returning from vacation today. My thoughts before I fell asleep were on my job and it wasn't pleasant. My dreams although scattered were about my job and I woke up about 1 am and was stressed. Thankfully, I fell back asleep and I don't remember what else I may have dreamed about.

I do have that pattern of dreaming about what is really on my mind and of course all of it is not bad. I just don't put much energy into attempting to interpreting these dreams, but I acknowledge and sometimes embrace their presence.
    Ask not what Avalon can do for you, but what you can do for Avalon.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaon For This Post:

lake (15th August 2015), Violet (11th August 2015)

34. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member Alpha141's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 times in 272 posts

For myself the dreamtime / state is where i see i have enormous potential. I know that to have that vivid stuff...interaction with others you really need to be on top of your body energy levels. For instance, you need 75% free energy to leave your body etc. If you observe society and our lives. Who do you know knows to slow down? Isn't playing energy catch-up in life? Our city layouts with the energetics of the geometry of cities plus EMF interference are all inherently designed to interrupt us also. Not positive stuff to stay. Our food has very little energetic content also unless you are very disciplined. Like eating fruit before sleep really aids. Mango and Pineapple for me. Proactive Energy hygiene also:
    http://www.servantoftruth.org/energy-hygiene.html

I have to offer what i consider my truth for contemplation. As, collective dreamtime events where you meet interact with soul family that checkmates the incarnation corruptive elements to separate us from our soul group / families is where our enormous potential lays. So, for myself being aware of this effort to interfere to me only identifies our enormous inherent potential. As these negative efforts can only work for so long against our nature.

Working on your gut health is vital. That is where the great deal of information, energy transfer is gained. Your will power also. I made a series of documentaries on the Dantian:
    http://www.servantoftruth.org/dantia...re-access.html

Well worth contemplating. Great thread
    Last edited by Alpha141; 16th August 2015 at 10:26.
    "Fraud and Falsehood Dread Investigation. Truth Invites It' - Thomas Cooper -
    My website latest creations - http://www.servantoftruth.org

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alpha141 For This Post:

lake (15th August 2015), Paradox22 (15th August 2015)

36. Link to Post #19
    Australia Avalon Member Desrknelf's Avatar
    Thanks

When I interact with memories, I see them from a dismebodied perspective and watch what's happening. I invoke the feelings of that situation and the clearer they are the clearer the visual becomes. Sometimes I shift to my own bodies perspective in the memory and I feel everything associated with it a bit more directly but the visuals mostly disappear, there are just flashes of images, also time becomes not very present and I feel many things from the period of the memory at once.

As for how do I dream, that is complicated I am not sure how to answer that right now. It depends if I'm in the dream or not, and there are many different kinds of dreams. Some of them are feelings, patterns and many other images without any kind of setting or story.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Desrknelf For This Post:

lake (15th August 2015)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,791 times in 463 posts

sometimes I dream in words like reading a letter or a book and other times my dreams are quite random xx

39. The Following User Says Thank You to pugwash84 For This Post:

lake (22nd September 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast