+ Reply to Thread

Thread: top secret stealth INVISIBILITY suit!

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 times in 447 posts

Default top secret stealth INVISIBILITY suit!

I can't vouch for this being real, but it doesn't seem to look necessarily fake either. Apparently someone else uploaded this footage to youtube and it was deleted due to some kind of copyright infringement. So I don't know how long this will be here. Go to 3:27 seconds to watch a somewhat invisible man run across and climb up onto the tank.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 times in 447 posts

Default Re: top secret stealth INVISIBILITY suit!

That's Impossible: Invisibility Cloaks-- History Chanel

3. Link to Post #3
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Hate to put a spanner in the works, but there was a programme on tv a couple of months ago - about future technology. They described and showed at least the beginnings of cloaking by doing somethign with the light. They also tried to explain teleportation - which they have done, but the transported thing is only an image and the original is left behind - so still some work to do here. The other thing that stuck in my mind was the ability to create anything you wanted from matter - this is nearer that we think. Now having said that I know I will be asked to find the link or doumentary that aired. It was all very exciting stuff actually for us neaderthals...... given ptb have this down pat already IMO. I'll go hunting and repost when Ive found it
    W

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Heres one article (not the one I was talking about) http://news.discovery.com/tech/novel...ity-cloak.html

"Physicists in Scotland said on Thursday they had devised a flexible material that manipulates light, marking a small step towards "invisibility" clothing beloved of science fiction writers and Harry Potter.
    The work is in the domain of metamaterials, or compounds with a surface that interacts with light thanks to a tiny, nano-level structure. As a result, light flows around the object -- rather like water that bends around a rock in a stream -- as opposed to being absorbed by it. Metamaterials are still in the prototype stage and enact their apparent shielding effect in specific wavelengths, or colors, of the light spectrum............"

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

This isnt it either.................but its similar - http://news.discovery.com/tech/silk-...ity-cloak.html

For the first time ever, scientists have created an invisibility cloak made from silk, and coated in gold.

The new metamaterial, as invisibility cloaks and their kin are technically called, only works on relatively long terahertz waves (a region of the electromagnetic spectrum between radio and infrared light), but the Boston-area scientists who developed the technology think that silk could work as an invisibility cloak at much smaller wavelengths, even in the visible range.

The research could lead to a wide range of optically unique materials for use in biomedicine or defense.

"This is an unusual angle for a metamaterial because of silk's ability to interface with the human body," something that no other metamaterial is currently capable of, said Fiorenzo Omenetto, a scientist at Tufts University who, along with colleagues at Boston University, helped develop the silk-based metamaterial and detail their new research in the journal Advanced Materials.

Invisibility cloaks, along with their optically exotic cousins, perfect absorbers and perfect reflectors and others, belong to a special class of materials known as metamaterials. Unlike most materials, which derive optical properties like color from their chemical make up, metamaterials derive their properties from the physical structure.

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Read this somewhere? cant remember where...

New materials with the ability to manipulate the speed of light could enable the creation of a "space-time cloak" capable of masking events or even creating an illusion of "Star Trek"-style transportation, according to scientists in London.

The cloak, while currently only existing in mathematical theory, takes advantage of the potential properties of "metamaterials" -- artificial materials designed and manipulated at a molecular level to interact with and control electromagnetic waves.

Scientists have previously demonstrated that one possible use of metamaterials could be to render objects invisible by bending light around them. But Professor Martin McCall of Imperial College London says he has now extended the concept of invisibility to a cloak also capable of hiding events both in time and space...

In a paper published in the Journal of Optics, McCall said metamaterials made it theoretically possible to manipulate light rays as they enter a material so that some parts speed up and others slow down. This could create "blind spots" in time, masking an event. While the accelerated light arrives at a space before an event has happened, the rest of the light doesn't reach it until after the event.

Ross

7. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have seen this video before and watched it over and over again.

I think this is a very clever illusion, there is nothing in the red circle but it draws our eyes to that side of the frame. I think the soldier actually comes from behind the tank and the first frame you actually see him in he is partially obscured by the red circle itself.

+ Reply to Thread