+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 10 LastLast

Thread: Gerald Celente has put a date on the upcoming stock market crash. When?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Default Gerald Celente has put a date on the upcoming stock market crash. When?

Gerald Celente has (evidently) put a date on the upcoming stock market crash. When specifically? All I could glean is "by year's end", but maybe someone is subscribed to his "Trends Forecasting" newsletter...and maybe the date is more specific there.

I don't begrudge Celente a stipend for his newsletter, but (if he's correct, and he evidently has quite a good track record on financial/economic predictions) in my mind, this information is too important to keep hidden.

Anyone have the pulse on this?

Thanks,

Dennis

2. The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Antagenet (9th August 2015), aranuk (9th August 2015), astridmari (24th August 2015), Aurelius (8th August 2015), Awakening2014 (29th August 2015), barneythez (5th September 2015), BenzSolo (25th August 2015), Bill Ryan (8th August 2015), Calz (8th August 2015), ceetee9 (3rd September 2015), Cidersomerset (9th August 2015), cursichella1 (9th August 2015), Curt (8th August 2015), Deega (8th August 2015), Desire (12th August 2015), Fanna (20th August 2015), Fellow Aspirant (28th August 2015), Gaia (8th August 2015), genevieve (9th August 2015), ghostrider (9th August 2015), gripreaper (8th August 2015), jc71 (8th August 2015), Jean-Marie (9th August 2015), justntime2learn (24th August 2015), kersley (8th August 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (29th August 2015), mab777 (31st August 2015), Matt P (8th August 2015), moekatz (24th August 2015), Nasu (8th August 2015), Positive Vibe Merchant (12th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (23rd August 2015), seko (27th August 2015), Selkie (8th August 2015), shadowstalker (8th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015), Sophocles (24th August 2015), Star Tsar (20th August 2015), Sunny-side-up (8th August 2015), Wind (8th August 2015), Zionbrion (9th August 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

Default Re: Gerald Celente has put a date on the upcoming stock market crash. When?

I am very weary of anyone giving dates during this time, he may be right but...so many factors are in play, so many things can happen, so many hands in the pie.
    This may come back to haunt him.
    But at some point something has got to give.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (8th August 2015), gripreaper (8th August 2015), justntime2learn (24th August 2015), Matt P (8th August 2015), Nasu (8th August 2015), Pam (9th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), seko (9th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Default Re: Gerald Celente has put a date on the upcoming stock market crash. When?

Recently, Oxfam has revealed that by 2016, 1% possess more wealth than the remaining 99% of the population. The Pew Research study shows that the gap between rich and poor in the United States is the largest since the "Gilded Age "
    (between 1870 and 1900) Yes, people do not trust central banks.

I think many are feeling that ''something'' is soon to happen. I was at Wal-Mart early this morning. The manager had to replenish my cashier’s drawer with cash. Cashier says to manager that she has lately had to give more cash back on debit purchases than usual.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (8th August 2015), gripreaper (8th August 2015), Jean-Marie (9th August 2015), Matt P (8th August 2015), Nasu (8th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

The rumor goes that you have 12 months after the economic meltdown before severe cold hits and many say that during this or next fall something could happen to the stock market, then again they have been saying that for years. There are just many signs and you've seen if you have looked for them. The people in the know have been preparing for extreme weather and the breakdown of the infrastructure. Officially we have been preparing for global warming when in fact in the next few years it's going to get so cold in some parts of the globe that they will be praying for global warming. It is beyond idiotic, I wonder if it's actually intentional.

Small communities will thrive in the future, don't know too much about big cities. If there will be good inventions which actually gives humanity a chance and free energy will released, we will have much easier future. Will that be the case? Anyways, goodness will always prevail and we are supposed to build a new world. This current system only benefits the few while the rest suffer or are part of the matrix. The future generations will ask us "that did they actually let people starve? Some peope could control others by having more money? And they had wars over oil just to make profit?" "Why didn't anyone do anything about it"?
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

cursichella1 (9th August 2015), Dennis Leahy (8th August 2015), gripreaper (8th August 2015), Inaiá (9th August 2015), Jean-Marie (9th August 2015), MalteseKnight (30th August 2015), Matt P (8th August 2015), Nasu (8th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), RUSirius (9th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015), Sunny-side-up (8th August 2015), transiten (26th August 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Thanks Dennis to share your preoccupations on Celente latest predictions, I have the following link predicting Stock Market crash on the King World News (Don't know how credible this is though!).

http://kingworldnews.com/gerald-cele...ct-time-frame/

Here's another link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFCIWkm_FQ4
    Last edited by Deega; 8th August 2015 at 20:18.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

Antagenet (9th August 2015), Dennis Leahy (8th August 2015), gripreaper (8th August 2015), Nasu (8th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015), Watching from Cyprus (9th August 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,753 times in 32,946 posts

-------

Here's exactly what Gerald Celente said:

Yes. Rarely do I ever put a date on market crashes. I did it in 1987 when I forecast the 1987 stock market crash — that was in the Wall Street Journal. I also forecast the ‘Panic of 2008,’ and the 'dot-com bust' in October of 1999, when I said it (the dot-com mania) would fail in the second quarter of 2000.

I’m now predicting that we are going to see a global stock market crash before the end of the year. It’s not only going to be the Dow, it’s going to be the DAX, the FTSE, the CAC, Shanghai, and the Nikkei. There’s going to be panic on the streets from Wall Street to Shanghai and from the UK down to Brazil. You are going to see one market after another begin to collapse.

12. The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (24th August 2015), astridmari (24th August 2015), avid (10th August 2015), ceetee9 (3rd September 2015), cursichella1 (9th August 2015), Curt (8th August 2015), Dennis Leahy (8th August 2015), Desire (12th August 2015), enfoldedblue (9th August 2015), Fanna (20th August 2015), gripreaper (8th August 2015), Hazelfern (9th August 2015), Hschneider (9th August 2015), Inaiá (9th August 2015), Ioneo (9th August 2015), Journeyon (10th August 2015), justntime2learn (24th August 2015), kersley (8th August 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (29th August 2015), LoneWolf76 (8th August 2015), mab777 (31st August 2015), MalteseKnight (30th August 2015), Matt P (8th August 2015), mountain_jim (9th August 2015), Nasu (8th August 2015), Neal (10th August 2015), Operator (10th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), Redstar Kachina (9th August 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (8th August 2015), RUSirius (9th August 2015), Selkie (8th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015), Star Tsar (20th August 2015), syrwong (9th August 2015), ThePythonicCow (9th August 2015), vmk22 (9th August 2015), Watching from Cyprus (9th August 2015), Wind (8th August 2015), Zionbrion (9th August 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

I hold nothing at all against Gerald Celente. I actually enjoy listening to him and I appreciate his warning being shared.
    Two things though.
    One, thoughts are things and I can't help but wonder when I notice so many people predicting chaos if this is not an orchestrated effort to plant those thoughts in the masses to get that energy from their fear and belief that then helps manifest those things. Most of the 1% will not be effected by a global crash in the way that every day folks will so who does this collapse benefit? Them. Every time I hear a gloom and doom prediction I just say to myself, "I do not accept this. I remain certain it will be a positive outcome." I have still taken efforts to be more self sufficient and think I will do ok if the you know what hits the fan but I still don't allow myself to give my energy to negative expectations.
    Two, keep in mind a couple things. When we're talking about these markets I think it's important to remember all those companies and all those markets and all that money only represents a small portion of the economy. Small businesses are still far and away the largest percentage of the economy. The backbone of the country, if you will. I also know that this global economy, which must always grow and consume, is not sustainable and cannot keep growing and consuming like it has been if we are going to achieve the kind of world we want. Sooner or later we have to hope it takes a step backwards, don't we, and slows down? I hate to say it but a part of me hears all this stuff about the markets crashing and I can't help but think about lighting a camp fire, getting out my marshmallows and a six pack of beer and enjoying the show. I suppose it would be rough but I think it would be good for us. Get us back to community and helping each other and maybe have all the vaults holding our birthright secrets opened up and lets start anew.

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

14. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2015), awakeningmom (9th August 2015), Becky (9th August 2015), ceetee9 (3rd September 2015), cursichella1 (9th August 2015), Dennis Leahy (8th August 2015), Desire (12th August 2015), enfoldedblue (9th August 2015), Fanna (20th August 2015), Gaia (9th August 2015), Gardener (8th August 2015), gripreaper (8th August 2015), Hschneider (9th August 2015), JRS (9th August 2015), justntime2learn (24th August 2015), Kate (9th August 2015), KiwiElf (9th August 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (29th August 2015), MalteseKnight (30th August 2015), Meggings (13th August 2015), Nasu (8th August 2015), Neal (10th August 2015), Ol' Roy (9th August 2015), Pam (9th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), RedSun88 (31st August 2015), RUSirius (9th August 2015), Selkie (8th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015), Starlight22 (1st September 2015), vmk22 (9th August 2015), Watching from Cyprus (9th August 2015), Wind (8th August 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

My take on a stock market sell-off is predicated upon a convergence of variables which would indicate a high probability. First, as a stock market participant, looking at the technicals.

What I see is about six months of distribution by the big players. The indices have been stuck within a trading range, (17,500-18,300 on the Dow) and have now broken support of the 50 day moving average. I can't load an interactive chart to show you all the variables indicating distribution, and only the most experienced traders would notice this anyway.

The fiat currency which has been fueling the market run over the last several years has come from Quantitative Easing, or the printing of huge amounts of debt that goes first to Wall Street, where the big players speculate with it and use their computer algorithmic programs to transfer wealth into their pockets while stealing it from the market. None of the gains in the market are due to increased investment in corporate infrastructure or capital improvements, or gross domestic product. If you look at the fundamental's of the companies which historically would indicate a healthy market, they are not there.

What typically happens, is those retail investors who have been sitting on the sidelines since they last got slaughtered in 2008, start to re-enter the market because the gains are just too much to pass up and there is really no place else to put your money where you can at least keep it from deteriorating due to inflation. So, the weak hands take over and fuel the run-up to the end. These retail investors always get slaughtered. Volume generally, when weak, shows that these retail investors are "all in" and the market is poised for a sell-off again.

Now, from a more esoteric viewpoint, we have the fourth blood moon coming up in September and the Pope is slated to address the United Nations and call for peace in One World under the United Nations. If one discounts the ritualistic and symbolic nature of those who have been fleecing mankind for millennium, then they do not see all of the variables coming into play.

Couple that with the distribution of population control infrastructure all around the world, the beta testing of the digital information gathering and surveillance grid fully beta tested and online, it is blatant that all of the necessary civil disobedience protocols are ready, as well as the digital grid now plugged into the most sophisticated computer and software ever devised to make decisions in record nano seconds, once the implementation of the agenda moves out of the beta stage and goes live.

We see the memes being pounded into the collective consciousness over the last few years preparing the population to accept the new paradigm laid out for us. We are constantly bombarded with news of how sick and evil humans are and how there needs to be surveillance and control over every aspect of our lives, for our own safety of course. There are the outside sources we should fear as well, such as aliens, viruses, disease, guns, lone gunmen, droughts, food shortages, illegal immigration, austerity, economic collapse, wars, terrorists, preppers, constitutionalists, patriots, and your next door neighbor.

We are encouraged to rat on our fellow man in order to support the social order and to surrender our peers to the system of justice, for the safety and benefit of us all. We are not supposed to think for ourselves, or take any actions to support ourselves, or provide for any health protocols which go against the genocidal system in place. Those, such as Dr Bradstreet, who would have a breakthrough health discovery, are summarily and unceremoniously removed from the planet. Those in politics or on Wall Street who go against the protocols are also suicided.

So, the message becomes: Don't go against the system or we will kill you or make your life and that of your family completely miserable. We see this among those who are awash in debt with their credit cards and their mortgages, how the judicial system just beats the crap out of them and the attorney's get huge sums of money from Wall Street not to let up on the people at all. Huge sums go into forcing compliance to the debt system and working to pay interest, and anyone who attempts to go against this finds themselves on the street.

Now, your credit report is tied into every aspect of your lives, and even employers are looking at them. Your insurance rates are predicated on your credit report now as well as being able to rent a place to live. The working class are between a rock and hard place. They have nowhere left to turn.

Although I think we are in for a long slow bleed where all asset classes are taken out behind the woodshed and severely beaten, as Catherine Austin Fitt's and Joseph Farrell are of the mind, it wont collapse until the remainder of the middle class baby boomers, who still hold some wealth, get to the point where they also see the handwriting on the wall. This last vestige of the "work hard and get wealthy" capitalists are still drinking the kool aid and are not willing to admit that their gains came from building the military industrial complex which is enslaving their fellow man. They still believe it is because they are smarter and the rest of us are just lazy. When they get hit, then this slow bleed picks up steam and runs.

Another coined phrase which Gerald Celente likes to use is: "When people have nothing left to lose, that is when they LOSE IT". That moment might take ten years to bleed out all the wealth, and the flight to the dollar for safety will set the stage for the dollar collapse. Most of the world needs to flee into the dollar before that happens, just like the locals in the great USofA are now fleeing into the stock market. Same game, just different stages.

What will be interesting, as the old paradigm is torn down and dies, will we buy into the New World Order being laid out for us, or will we remember our DNA imprints from Atlantis and not do this again, and actually stand up and create the future we want? We all know that free energy exists, and this one catalyst would really break the chains of bondage and embolden mankind to take a run for the golden age.

It really is up to the white hats who hold the keys to free energy to come forward and for the military to "stand down" when it comes to their fellow man. I hope they do when the time is right.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 8th August 2015 at 22:14.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

16. The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

3(C)+me (8th August 2015), AlaBil (9th August 2015), alh02 (9th August 2015), animovado (28th August 2015), aranuk (9th August 2015), astridmari (24th August 2015), avid (8th August 2015), awakeningmom (9th August 2015), Becky (9th August 2015), BenzSolo (25th August 2015), Bill Ryan (8th August 2015), BlueHeron (28th August 2015), Calz (8th August 2015), ceetee9 (4th September 2015), cursichella1 (9th August 2015), danegeroussacredgeometry (28th August 2015), Deega (8th August 2015), Dennis Leahy (8th August 2015), Desire (12th August 2015), earthdreamer (26th August 2015), ElvenMyst (31st August 2015), enfoldedblue (9th August 2015), Fanna (20th August 2015), frodo13 (8th August 2015), Gaia (9th August 2015), Gardener (9th August 2015), genevieve (9th August 2015), Hazelfern (9th August 2015), Heart-2-Heart (9th August 2015), Hschneider (9th August 2015), Inaiá (9th August 2015), Jean-Marie (9th August 2015), johnh (9th August 2015), justntime2learn (25th August 2015), kersley (8th August 2015), KiwiElf (9th August 2015), Lost N Found (9th August 2015), MalteseKnight (30th August 2015), Matt P (8th August 2015), Meggings (14th August 2015), mountain_jim (9th August 2015), NancyV (9th August 2015), Nasu (8th August 2015), Neal (10th August 2015), norski (9th August 2015), Pam (9th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), RedSun88 (31st August 2015), Reinhard (21st August 2015), RUSirius (9th August 2015), seko (9th August 2015), Sierra (9th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015), spannera (22nd August 2015), Starlight22 (1st September 2015), thunder24 (9th August 2015), ulli (9th August 2015), Vangelo (9th August 2015), vmk22 (9th August 2015), Watching from Cyprus (9th August 2015), Wind (8th August 2015), Zanshin (9th August 2015), Zionbrion (9th August 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Wow, Grip, that was worthy of a standing ovation, and all I have is the damn "Thanks" button.

The 'slow burn' is working great for them, and, their training of US citizens to acquiesce to ... ANYthing also seems to be working perfectly for them. If a slow burn is the game plan, Celente could still be correct with a gouging plunge in the market rather than total financial collapse. I mean, the average US stock market investor lost about 38% of their investment in the (so-called) "housing collapse" of 2007/2008, and there were no food riots, no FEMA camps populated.

So, the insiders that play at the high-end with financial algorithms, work the "shorts", and buy low after a medium-sized crash can kick over the domino to yet another 40% skim off the top in 2015... and the (lower-level) investment class will do nothing more than scream and cry and yell and whimper and ... live with the loss. What makes the news is the amount of money, expressed as "losses", but if collectively a trillion dollars is lost, someone else gained a trillion dollars.

18. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

aranuk (9th August 2015), awakeningmom (9th August 2015), Calz (8th August 2015), cursichella1 (9th August 2015), danegeroussacredgeometry (28th August 2015), Desire (12th August 2015), Fanna (20th August 2015), Gaia (9th August 2015), Gardener (9th August 2015), genevieve (9th August 2015), gripreaper (8th August 2015), Jean-Marie (9th August 2015), justntime2learn (25th August 2015), KiwiElf (9th August 2015), Pam (9th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), Reinhard (21st August 2015), RUSirius (9th August 2015), Sierra (9th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015), thunder24 (9th August 2015), vmk22 (9th August 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    The 'slow burn' is working great for them, and, their training of US citizens to acquiesce to ... ANYthing also seems to be working perfectly for them. If a slow burn is the game plan, Celente could still be correct with a gouging plunge in the market rather than total financial collapse. I mean, the average US stock market investor lost about 38% of their investment in the (so-called) "housing collapse" of 2007/2008, and there were no food riots, no FEMA camps populated.

So, the insiders that play at the high-end with financial algorithms, work the "shorts", and buy low after a medium-sized crash can kick over the domino to yet another 40% skim off the top in 2015... and the (lower-level) investment class will do nothing more than scream and cry and yell and whimper and ... live with the loss. What makes the news is the amount of money, expressed as "losses", but if collectively a trillion dollars is lost, someone else gained a trillion dollars.
    Yea, a 50% haircut in the market is not out of the question this fall, and is highly probable. The upper middle class, who are still drinking the kool aid, would slam their wallets shut and go into "hunker down" mode, but they would still be able to eat well, drive their fancy cars, go on vacation and continue to live the lie. I know many of them who could take a 500,000 or a million dollar hit and still be okay.

So, if we do get a 50% retracement in the market, that does not really affect the 80% who are in poverty already, and certainly does not affect the super wealthy 1%'ers. It hits that 15% who are still on the fence, just not enough to flip them over the edge.

What it does do, is it slows down the velocity of capital as well as the amount of capital in circulation, which puts pressure on pricing as well as investment, and slows down production and product output. This exasperates the problem, and that's how the slow bleed accelerates into a full blown tsunami, through scarcity and maligned distribution.

When that happens, any assets on the sidelines are forced into liquidity to make up the shortfall, and that is when the fire sale asset prices will decline in all asset classes and accelerate, as there will be no respect for one class over another at the fire sale. That is when the deflation phenomenon really takes off and begins to strip everybody of everything.

A 50% haircut in the market is just the precursor.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 9th August 2015 at 00:32.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

20. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

alh02 (9th August 2015), aranuk (9th August 2015), Calz (8th August 2015), cursichella1 (9th August 2015), danegeroussacredgeometry (28th August 2015), Dennis Leahy (9th August 2015), Desire (12th August 2015), genevieve (9th August 2015), Hazelfern (9th August 2015), Jean-Marie (9th August 2015), justntime2learn (25th August 2015), KiwiElf (9th August 2015), MalteseKnight (30th August 2015), Meggings (14th August 2015), NancyV (9th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), RUSirius (9th August 2015), seko (9th August 2015), Sierra (9th August 2015), thunder24 (9th August 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

I think it will be very interesting what they do this fall, if they crash it, people will be in shock, people will go into super survival mode and some workers will have their "Aha" moment and say, why am I working and slaving away when what they told me is a big lie.
    Even those big executives with their big salaries can feel a little used after awhile but they bought into the system, if they know some of the secrets of their masters or put two and two together well, I would not want to be in their position right now I don't care how big my house is and how many cars I have in the garage.
    To me the loss of freedom is a real crime and riches and stock options at some point come up short, especially if one day you have millions and the next nothing.
    But a slow decline can also trigger a wake up call.
    I know their are people in my community that are have been planning on how to function in their local area when it goes down, slow or fast. This talk has been going on for years and some people have been slowing and quietly putting away supplies and waiting for it to happen and find away to get around the system. This is a big county, people can find ways of not being monitored, granted, they are going to have to let go of their devices, and have a old car and actually go see other people in person and have a chat.
    I know they think they have all their little eggs are lined up in a row but I think a person who is awake and takes action in their own lives and is determined to be ok and have a quality life, without fear, they are a force to be reckoned with and I am sure they hope the number is small.
    Last edited by 3(C)+me; 9th August 2015 at 01:15.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2015), cursichella1 (9th August 2015), danegeroussacredgeometry (28th August 2015), Dennis Leahy (9th August 2015), genevieve (9th August 2015), gripreaper (9th August 2015), MalteseKnight (30th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015), thunder24 (9th August 2015)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,734 times in 543 posts

Last edited by Redstar Kachina; 22nd October 2015 at 01:42.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Redstar Kachina For This Post:

3(C)+me (10th August 2015), cursichella1 (9th August 2015), Dennis Leahy (9th August 2015), Gaia (9th August 2015), genevieve (9th August 2015), gripreaper (25th August 2015), Hazelfern (9th August 2015), justntime2learn (24th August 2015), KiwiElf (9th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015), ThePythonicCow (9th August 2015), Zionbrion (9th August 2015)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,856 times in 21,553 posts

The intensity of the doom & gloom from all corners seems to be ratcheting up ... If done sufficiently, it becomes self-fulfilling. The depth of the fraud and disconnection from reality of official pronouncements is also at high intensity.

I will be surprised as h*ll if it is not obvious to the majority of us here, by year's end, that world financial, economic, trading and monetary systems have entered a crisis. By the end of 2016, it will be obvious to the majority of the population.

The American Empire will be collapsing, and its special privilege as the issuer of the world's reserve debt will collapse outright. China has the gold, and will be the next world leader, just as the US became after World War II, when it had the gold collected from victories in Europe and Asia.

But, just as the US had to go through a decade of economic reset and major depression (in the 1930's), China is entering such a tumultuous period now. Life as the last standing and greatest provider of low cost manufactured goods to the Western Empire is no longer a profitable way of life, when the Empire collapses.

There has been some "false starts" for this massive economic and monetary and power center reset, perhaps deliberately so, perhaps not, perhaps it doesn't matter now which.

Ten years from now, in the US, it will not just be the escapees from Cuba who understand surviving in a severely depressed economy. Most Americans will have some or substantial experience with such.

New technologies, including substantial improvements in 3D printing, radical changes in energy production, and dramatic increases in space travel, will be introduced as some of the building blocks of the next economy. These could not be introduced yet, to any significant degree, because it was necessary (to someone, I'm not sure who) that the current economic/monetary/power structure collapse, once again, to provide yet another opportunity for massive change.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 9th August 2015 at 02:44.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

26. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

alh02 (9th August 2015), animovado (28th August 2015), cursichella1 (9th August 2015), danegeroussacredgeometry (28th August 2015), Gaia (9th August 2015), genevieve (9th August 2015), gripreaper (9th August 2015), justntime2learn (24th August 2015), KiwiElf (9th August 2015), MalteseKnight (30th August 2015), Mare (25th August 2015), Ol' Roy (9th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), RUSirius (9th August 2015), thunder24 (9th August 2015), vmk22 (9th August 2015), Wind (9th August 2015), Zanshin (9th August 2015)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

If they cut off even the pittances they allow to the poor and elderly, they will be committing deliberate genocide and horrible suffering. Nothing good can rise out of such evil.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

cursichella1 (9th August 2015), Gardener (9th August 2015), genevieve (9th August 2015), gripreaper (9th August 2015), justntime2learn (24th August 2015), KiwiElf (9th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), vmk22 (9th August 2015)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Zionbrion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 406 posts

Here is an interesting video from SGT report. He interviews a man who does not wish to disclose his real name and business, but recieved a phone call from some sort of elite financial type person wanting to buy everything he had.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

BenzSolo (25th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member johnh's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE]There are the outside sources we should fear as well, such as aliens, viruses, disease, guns, lone gunmen, droughts, food shortages, illegal immigration, austerity, economic collapse, wars, terrorists, preppers, constitutionalists, patriots, and your next door neighbor.
    [QUOTE]

Excellent post but you forgot about second hand cigarette smoke, perhaps the primary threat of our time, at least in the elitist playground Boulder, CO.

People are now calling the police department when people smoke cigarettes closer than 15 feet from the main entrance to a coffee
    shop. It's a $250 ticket to the coffee shop owner even though he has signs posted near the doorway and the fines escalate for repeated offences. Heaven forbid that a molecule of tobacco smoke should enter the nostrils and or even lungs of an innocent victim who is merely entering a coffee shop. I found this out from the owner whose place I frequent, and yes I confess that I smoke cigarettes while drinking coffee, sometimes closer than the allotted 15 feet. He did get the ticket then pleaded with the smokers to be careful. The city also informed him that they would be sending people (highly paid probably) to his shop to monitor the situation to make sure there were no more violations.

So, this is what is important in the USA. Eventually there will be shootings over this while the cannabis business is thriving under chem trailed skies. Go figure............ land of the free, home of the brave, and where the buffalo used to roam before they were slaughtered and you know the rest..........

Am just an old dinosaur who must have his priorities mixed up or this country has a massive dope problem.

Now, back to that pesky global banking cabal...........

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to johnh For This Post:

cursichella1 (9th August 2015), Gardener (9th August 2015), genevieve (9th August 2015), gripreaper (9th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015), vmk22 (9th August 2015)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Can I be provocative? Talk is cheap. cheap cheap cheap..

Celente has disclosed his positions? I had a hunt around but didn't find anything recent. I'm talking about where his own money, not that of his clients, is at stake. Is he long December SPY puts, is he short VIX calls? Does he even have a position at all? It's so easy to make these kind of predictions when you don't have to support them with your own cash, I'm talking about the permabear pundits in general when I make that statement.

To all you people in this thread, declaring that you are confident there will be a market collapse this year; what are your positions? Do any of you trade derivatives? Do you have any idea what is possible here? This is like talking about the coming flood, and neglecting to discuss building a boat.

You can buy the December $135 SPY put right now for $0.1 a contract. If there is a ~50% fall (SPY: ~210-->105) the same $135 put contract will be worth $30. That gives you a 300x multibagger. In other words, $3300 turns into just over $1M. It's a simple, safe trade, the most you can lose is $3300 and you can make it with only level 1 trading privileges. If I thought this kind of fall was highly probable, I would definitely be making this trade.

So, if you really think TPTB are going to pull the plug and you aren't trading it, why not? I'm sure there are all kinds of excuses. I see these kind of predictions all the time, and no one ever bothers to do the obvious and put down their own cash, at least, not publicly. But, its not so much about their cash as it is about credibility.

Anyway, that is my provocative contribution. Some more general thought are:

The market has endured the following with barely a blip registering, I think the worst that we had was an almost perfect 10% correction.

Cyprus
    Greece
    Oil collapse
    Chine share market collapse
    Ebola
    End of QE
    Ukraine
    Syria
    ISIS

I'm not saying I agree with all these things being triggers, but they were considered to be such by many people at the time.

As the Greece situation was ramping up more recently, my thoughts were that if there is going to be a collapse, it will stem from that, and would occur sometime this year. Although that climax seems to have passed, I still have some reservations about the market. There's still room for a decline this year, but that's mainstream opinion anyway. I could go into the kind of theories some have mentioned here, but I'd have nothing concrete to back it up. I will say that I don't trust that confused quail looking Yellen as far as I could throw her (is quail hurling a sport)?, all it would take is a particular chirp in one of her speeches and the markets would tank. A black swan could also come along at any time too.

Some of the big names in the market are beginning to stall out. It's looking kind of bearish to me. But there have been so many triggers for something more sudden to happen, and none of those triggers have caused a reaction. I lean towards being bearish, mostly because I think the market is overvalued having climbed so relentlessly, and will experience a technical correction. But, really, I have absolutely no idea, that's why I'm not making a big bet right now. Nobody knows except a small handful of powerful people, and even they don't control everything.

I have a bit of an alternative theory about the Reserve Bank of Australia, FWIW. The governor of that institution is an extremely clever guy, I'd like to know what he is thinking before anyone else. Reading between the lines one could conjecture that he is increasingly worried about major global economic headaches over the next year. Something that might collapse the Australian dollar. In fact, if I wanted to make a crazy bet, I would bet on the $AUD taking a massive fall, even to below 0.5 USD. It's not necessarily likely in the absolute sense, its just a risk-reward situation that might be attractive.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

Hschneider (9th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015)

35. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

So, if you really think TPTB are going to pull the plug and you aren't trading it, why not? I'm sure there are all kinds of excuses. I see these kind of predictions all the time, and no one ever bothers to do the obvious and put down their own cash, at least, not publicly. But, its not so much about their cash as it is about credibility.

man its late but geez man.... its extremely hard to believe someone made this post on this forum. ill address the portion of your post above. I for one am 100 percent certain that the Ponzi scheme they call the world economy will crash. its only been held together the last 7 years by the fed and the imf adding imaginary digits

to the central banks balance sheets. this can not go on forever. as for why I am not trading it as u put it... very simple. im not evil.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robinr1 For This Post:

quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), sigma6 (9th August 2015)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    I hold nothing at all against Gerald Celente. I actually enjoy listening to him and I appreciate his warning being shared.
    Two things though.
    One, thoughts are things and I can't help but wonder when I notice so many people predicting chaos if this is not an orchestrated effort to plant those thoughts in the masses to get that energy from their fear and belief that then helps manifest those things. Most of the 1% will not be effected by a global crash in the way that every day folks will so who does this collapse benefit? Them. Every time I hear a gloom and doom prediction I just say to myself, "I do not accept this. I remain certain it will be a positive outcome." I have still taken efforts to be more self sufficient and think I will do ok if the you know what hits the fan but I still don't allow myself to give my energy to negative expectations.

Two, keep in mind a couple things. When we're talking about these markets I think it's important to remember all those companies and all those markets and all that money only represents a small portion of the economy. Small businesses are still far and away the largest percentage of the economy. The backbone of the country, if you will. I also know that this global economy, which must always grow and consume, is not sustainable and cannot keep growing and consuming like it has been if we are going to achieve the kind of world we want. Sooner or later we have to hope it takes a step backwards, don't we, and slows down? I hate to say it but a part of me hears all this stuff about the markets crashing and I can't help but think about lighting a camp fire, getting out my marshmallows and a six pack of beer and enjoying the show. I suppose it would be rough but I think it would be good for us. Get us back to community and helping each other and maybe have all the vaults holding our birthright secrets opened up and lets start anew.

Matt
    Hmm... well said Matt... good response to a complex ongoing dynamic event, I agree this benefits the rich, the thing the "economists" leave out is the why? or better what is the motive behind all this?... It obvious the wealthy are hoarding up as much money and resources as they can... because they will be "camping" when the SHTF... that's why they are hoarding...

If an economist took the point of view that much of this economy is controlled... (think Karen Hudes, Inner City of London taking 40% and Vatican taking 60% of the income tax of all commonwealth countries (and probably all countries that collect income tax, that borrow from the IMF!) And that they also control 40% of the Companies on the Global Stock Markets through interlocking Boards of directors, and take 60% of the profits... then the question would jump right out at you wouldn't it...

First off, now you know why she can never go on Main Stream Media with THAT message. Even as a 20 year veteran lawyer of the World Bank (with a background in economics and trust law I might add)

Because what she is saying is verifiable and provable. and therefore...

Secondly, people might put two and two together and figure out they MUST be creating this financial climate... How could they NOT!? They are controlling the Fed, the printing of money, the interest rate, the congress, (i.e. the sanctions which are having devastating economic effects...) the Banks, the bailouts, etc, etc. ... It's orchestrated from top to bottom... and if the general public didn't most certainly people like Gerald and many others would (I don't doubt they have insight into this already in fact, but don't want to become "Karen Hudesed" (if I may coin a phrase)

The only question remaining is what is their motive? And I think we all know what that deal is... It has been predicted and prophesied for over 2000 years (and I am certain it is the same families and bloodlines that had a hand in writing that book as well)

Your comment about the private sector... I am not so sure... In Canada the government is so huge, employs so many people that everyone has to work over 6 months... just to pay for it, before they can pay themselves... and that date keeps getting pushed back farther and farther each year.

They don't don't like the private sector, even as they feed off them, they want everyone to work for them or under contract to them.

Total jurisdiction while suppressing education on the origin and meaning and implementation of what inalienable rights are. Since things like "God given rights" (which is what inalienable rights are) have no place in a "corporate work environment" ...or at least they would like you to think so... and this is the trick... this is in fact a false and subtle suggestion... the reason behind the politically correct propaganda campaign (that I find difficult to get people to see it for what it is...) And the Muslim religion of jihad isn't helping (sorry Muslims) even this is another propaganda campaign, because all institutionalized religions like Christianity and Islam in particular have a code that requires fighting against and killing if necessary, "enemies of your Lord"... (It almost sounds like a setup doesn't it?)

When in fact the main focus of religion was supposed to be compassion and love... hmmm... I guess that happens when you elevate a philosophy to the level of an "institutionalized religion" (points for Eastern philosophy...i.e. if you think about it, and take away all the "magic tricks" religions IS PHILOSOPHY! and yes miracles can still happen with the right philosophy... (because God is everywhere)

Anyhow... because of the ignorance and stupidity of the modern masses today. People actually don't comprehend that these are superior to any statutory laws and contractual obligations... But since people don't know how to implement and exercise them (because they don't even understand the purpose or meaning of being under "God's jurisdiction" they have unwittingly sold their birthright for a bowl of stew. i.e. The whole hidden meaning of the story of Jacob and Esau. (very odd story too, when you really think about it, which, like in movies that don't exactly make sense, is a hint, that there has to be more to the story then just the seemingly bizarre series of events as described...

For if they could incorporate the entire country under one corporation, which technically is the case if you embrace your Registered Name as yours when a Police Officers asks you what your name is... then they would have the whole population under their "jurisdiction" i.e. everyone would be a full time employee of a corporation from living in property owned by the State, working in a State owned factory, driving in a State owned vehicle. The infrastructure for this system actually is already here. (hidden in trust interpretation) Anyhow on the public side, it's Big Brother... Power, total control... the Nanny State.

What else do you do when money ceases to be an object of motivation any more because you have so much of it you and your children and their children couldn't even spend it all if they tried? What would you do after that? What would drive you, motivate you, what would be your next challenge?

Absolute total control. Life would be nothing more then an existential game. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Last edited by sigma6; 9th August 2015 at 10:23.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

3(C)+me (10th August 2015), Gaia (9th August 2015), Gardener (9th August 2015), genevieve (9th August 2015), gripreaper (9th August 2015), johnh (25th August 2015), KiwiElf (9th August 2015), Matt P (9th August 2015), Meggings (14th August 2015), quiltinggrandma (26th August 2015), seko (9th August 2015)

39. Link to Post #20
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Stocks are a disaster waiting to happen - Stockman
    CNBC
    By Amanda Diaz | CNBC – Fri, Aug 7, 2015 11:30 PM NZST

https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/st...113000901.html

David Stockman explains why the global economy is entering an era of "epochal deflation." Expects a steep stock market crash.

David Stockman has long warned that the stock market is on the verge of a massive collapse, and the recent price action has him even more convinced than ever that the bottom is about to fall out.

"I think it's pretty obvious that the top is in," the former Ronald Reagan OMB director said Thursday on CNBC's " Futures Now ." The S&P 500 (INDEX: .SPX) has traded in a historically narrow range for the better part of 2015, having moved just 1 percent higher year to date. "It's just waiting for the knee-jerk bulls, robo traders and dip buyers to finally capitulate."

Stockman, whose past claims have yet to come to fruition, still believes that the excessive monetary policy from central banks around the world has created a "debt supernova," and all the signs point to "the end of the central bank enabled bubble," which could cause a worldwide recession.

"The larger picture has nothing to do with the jobs report [Friday] or even the September decision by the Fed," said Stockman. "It has to do with the the fact that the world economy, including the U.S., is heading into what is clearly going to be an epochal deflation to the likes of what we have never experienced in modern time."

According to Stockman, it's only a matter of time before the collapse in China (Shanghai Stock Exchange: .SSEC) trickles down to other markets. "The whole global economy since 2008 has been driven forward by this massive investment and construction and borrowing spree in China," said Stockman. "The point that I'm making is that it's over."

For Stockman, there's no reversing the artificially inflated bubbles created by the Federal Reserve . "I think what we are seeing is the beginning evidence that the central bank-driven credit economy is over and we are in a new era," said Stockman. "It's a huge disaster waiting to happen."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 10 LastLast