+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: From Trauma to Transformation : Kathy Collins' Story

1. Link to Post #41
    New Zealand Avalon Member HaveBlue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 times in 346 posts

Default Re: From Trauma to Transformation : Kathy Collins' Story

I too have been in similar situations Bill with 'Dysfunctional Teens'. More than once one would ask to borrow my car. I said no.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HaveBlue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2015)

3. Link to Post #42
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by johnh (here)

When the perp is truly sorry and I know it, that is when I forgive.
    In other words, if one can find it within oneself to genuinely forgive (and the key word there is genuinely)... then the perpetrator may 'get it' themselves and find a way to reach their own epiphany.

That kind of takes out the polarity — perpetrator/victim, abuser/abused. It's like if someone who has experienced something that most people would regard as pretty terrible no longer feels themselves to be abused... [I]maybe the person who did whatever they did, might no longer see themselves as an abuser.
    Quote Originally posted By Bill Ryan: "And it leads to some extremely unpleasant and unsavory places. They can be hard to face. No-one wants to believe this is all real. This isn't the place to discuss this in detail, but in Cathy O'Brien's own, careful, words: "They are not like us." And they're not. They are something else, or they have something else inside them.
    I have a little far out reflection on johnh above comment and Bill's following words, it's kind of the 'egg and the chicken' dillema, only in the 'worldly human and other worldly' type of way : ) . To my understanding, if we genuinly forgive within ourselves out of our own expended understanding of the cosmic game, then we surely change our course of events, and we may change that of others as an outcome, since we are all bound together in a give and take relationship of this ever dynamic universe. If on the other hand we forgive (genuinely) with the purpose in mind of changing others then it's quite possible we may find out to our dismay, that 'they are not like us, they are something else', and their thinking and values differ quite greatly.

It's almost incomprihensible to our human perception to relate in a non human way of thinking which represents something else in this great diversity of life around us, spiritual matters are universal, but the matter of forgivness in premature and contradicting cases may be considered as a weakness and get us eaten, while throwing our own thoughts and own aims on that of others.

We can only change ourselves and young souls from dysfunctional homes are our own, in other cases it's this dance of dynamics that weaves a constasnt change when we do our own dance and only view with interest the other's dance steps.

One day we will all dance harmoniously together

Quote Originally posted by Bill Ryan: "As David Icke has often pointed out, no normal human being could do this kind of thing in an organized way. They have their own beliefs, methods, plans and agendas, and (at the moment) they're running our world."

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2015), Billy (15th August 2015), Caylen (15th August 2015), DebJoy (24th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Gardener (15th August 2015), johnh (14th August 2015), lightwalker (13th August 2015), RunningDeer (13th August 2015), Sierra (16th August 2015), william r sanford72 (13th August 2015)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Thank you Bill and Kathy what a helpful, insightful message. Kathy’s statement “we have all been traumatized” was very revealing. The seminal work on trauma was written by Judith Herman, MD Trauma and Recovery: The aftermath of violence-from domestic abuse to political terror. She was the first to state that trauma should be perceived as spectrum disorder, mild to severe, rather then diagnosing trauma once the symptoms meet a certain level of severity. I have experienced repeated trauma but it pales in comparison to Kathy’s but my trauma is severe in comparison to some of my own patients. However what we all have in common is many of the same symptoms, reaction triggers and ways of perceiving the world as a result of our experiences. My trauma was enough to allow me to “talk the talk, walk the walk” and thus relate to my patients at deep level of understanding.

The video about the Buddha was a perfect Segway. In my book I talked about my NDE from drowning at age eight and noted:
    I went under and stayed under long enough that I stopped feeling scared. I first noticed the most wonderful incredible music I had ever heard. Then a thought came to me, “That music is you. 'Wow, that’s me, I’m incredible'. I was at peace, bathed in the music and the knowledge that I was, at my core, wondrous. Being a neglected, abused child, my core belief was not at all that I was wondrous, and not the least bit worthy of love.…. I now realize that I was given the understanding that I was energy. Music is vibration and vibration is energy.

As Kathy said Trauma initially victimizes but if you can survive it leaves you resilient and there has been alot of research to back up that claim. I have slightly different take on forgiveness though. I find that people who have been abused are confused, mind controlled by the parent to think, it’s your fault, your ugly stupid deserve it etc. and thus they can’t get in touch with the appropriate level of anger toward the parent. They are emotionally numb from the trauma as well. I encourage they initially feel the rage and anger. They need to know it was truly wrong and they are not what the parent(abuser) defined them as. Once that’s accomplished they can move on and gain an understanding of the big picture that usually includes finding out the parent was an abuse victim and that’s part of the reframing of the experience that leads to recovery or stabilization (forgiveness).
    Last edited by Savannah; 15th August 2015 at 17:56.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th August 2015), Billy (15th August 2015), Caylen (15th August 2015), DebJoy (24th December 2016), exponentialist (16th August 2015), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Gardener (15th August 2015), gripreaper (15th August 2015), Hervé (16th August 2015), Limor Wolf (15th August 2015), Marianne (22nd August 2015), Old Wolf (21st August 2015), Sierra (16th August 2015)

7. Link to Post #44
    Retired
    Thanks

Kathy has mentioned the work of Peter L Levine to do with the sumatic method of realeasing trauma and handling traumatic experiences while they are forming. I bumped into his work a few weeks ago and it may be useful to share it here:

This self help audio book and sessions (7 hours+ in length) is clearly worded, and is a good reminder and has a good guidance even to those who are familiar with various somatic methods.

Here are a few short points I wrote to myself which do not cover, by any chance, the whole of the recording-

* The first stage is noticing (becoming aware) to the sensations, the feelings, the thoughts that are going inside of you

* Trauma (the energy that get stuck in the body) is a bodily process and not psychological one and therefore is reversible or greatly reduced

* Animal research show that wild prey animals are very rarely traumtised (and than he goes to great length of explanation on the prey/predators natural behaviour and processing)

* When it comes to trauma (and programming), no two people are alike, what is harmful and overwhelming for one person, may be exhilarating to another. There are many many factors involved in this wide range of response to threat, or to challanges. They include the individual history of trauma, certain family dynamics and even genetic make-up, and it's vital that we understand the difference between us. When we traumtised we need support, not judgement, and it will help keep us from judging each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPvpdUAzsdc

Other helpful work by Dr Levine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hP2KJ3UgDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByalBx85iC8

Warm regards ~

Limor

P.S

The 7 hours + Youtube is no longer working. I believe it was valuable, I have an mp3 file but am not sure how to upload it here, and if it's not not associated with copy rights infringement. If anyone is interested and can tell me how to send it, I will be more than happy to

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Agape (15th August 2015), avid (15th August 2015), Bill Ryan (15th August 2015), Caylen (15th August 2015), DebJoy (24th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Gardener (15th August 2015), moekatz (16th August 2015), Sierra (16th August 2015)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,560 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Limor Wolf (here)

The 7 hours + Youtube is no longer working. I believe it was valuable, I have an mp3 file but am not sure how to upload it here, and if it's not not associated with copy rights infringement. If anyone is interested and can tell me how to send it, I will be more than happy to
    Is it this one? It's seven and a half hours long, so I assume it is.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Caylen (15th August 2015), Constance (25th August 2015), DebJoy (24th December 2016), Gardener (15th August 2015), hohoemi (15th August 2015), Limor Wolf (15th August 2015), Lyran.Sun (16th October 2019), Richard S. (16th August 2015), Sierra (16th August 2015), Yoda (15th August 2015)

11. Link to Post #46
    Retired
    Thanks

Yes it is! Thank you very much, Bill ~

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th August 2015), Caylen (16th August 2015), DebJoy (24th December 2016), Sierra (16th August 2015), Yoda (15th August 2015)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member Caylen's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    Thank you Bill and Kathy what a helpful, insightful message. Kathy’s statement “we have all been traumatized” was very revealing. The seminal work on trauma was written by Judith Herman, MD Trauma and Recovery: The aftermath of violence-from domestic abuse to political terror. She was the first to state that trauma should be perceived as spectrum disorder, mild to severe, rather then diagnosing trauma once the symptoms meet a certain level of severity. I have experienced repeated trauma but it pales in comparison to Kathy’s but my trauma is severe in comparison to some of my own patients. However what we all have in common is many of the same symptoms, reaction triggers and ways of perceiving the world as a result of our experiences. My trauma was enough to allow me to “talk the talk, walk the walk” and thus relate to my patients at deep level of understanding.

The video about the Buddha was a perfect Segway. In my book I talked about my NDE from drowning at age eight and noted:
    I went under and stayed under long enough that I stopped feeling scared. I first noticed the most wonderful incredible music I had ever heard. Then a thought came to me, “That music is you. 'Wow, that’s me, I’m incredible'. I was at peace, bathed in the music and the knowledge that I was, at my core, wondrous. Being a neglected, abused child, my core belief was not at all that I was wondrous, and not the least bit worthy of love.…. I now realize that I was given the understanding that I was energy. Music is vibration and vibration is energy.

As Kathy said Trauma initially victimizes but if you can survive it leaves you resilient and there has been alot of research to back up that claim. I have slightly different take on forgiveness though. I find that people who have been abused are confused, mind controlled by the parent to think, it’s your fault, your ugly stupid deserve it etc. and thus they can’t get in touch with the appropriate level of anger toward the parent. They are emotionally numb from the trauma as well. I encourage they initially feel the rage and anger. They need to know it was truly wrong and they are not what the parent(abuser) defined them as. Once that’s accomplished they can move on and gain an understanding of the big picture that usually includes finding out the parent was an abuse victim and that’s part of the reframing of the experience that leads to recovery or stabilization (forgiveness).
    Thank you so much for your observations Savannah! It is very valuable to hear from someone with experience as a therapist and get validation!

Your revelation you received during your NDE was indeed a gift. Most people, I hear gain a transcendent understanding during such experiences and eventually go on to be of High Service to others (In my book, that is a Heavenly Credential).

How beautiful it is that we have so many healing approaches and a variety of ways to get at the matter, as all of us are unique in our make up and our needs.

That leads me to talk about how I experienced the issue of anger about the past. I felt there was something wrong with me because I could not feel anger toward my parents or any of my perpetrators. I was told that feeling the anger was necessary for me to heal from people all around me. I never felt it. It turns out that it was not necessary for me to experience that emotion during my recovery. I wanted to mention this in case there was someone else out there who feels "different" from the norm. From what I understand of Eckhart Tolle's healing experience, he did not need to feel the anger either in order to overcome the pain of the past.

I cannot say why it was this way for me. Perhaps I am wired differently, or it was because I was getting energy healing as well. The energy healing bypasses the conscious mind, so there is no need to engage the repressed emotions. A certain amount of information needs to come to the conscious mind however (hence talk therapy), to perceive and learn the lesson, and then the energy sessions can remove that energy that no longer serves, since it has done its job.

I would like to share a couple of self-help energy techniques with everyone that I found very beneficial and could be used between therapy sessions, or if one is not in therapy, they can be one's tools to "get you through".

The first is the Purple Flame technique. I looked for videos on this, but most were a bit airy-fairy or used language that was very belief specific. So I will simply explain this very pragmatic, grounded and effective tool.

First, bring up the situation, ailment or person with which you have an issue. Sit in a calm and clear state and visualize your person or thing in front of you. Now invoke the Purple Flame, which is the highest vibration and consists of the pink flame (vibration of love) and the blue flame (vibration of power). Envision the flame engulfing the object. (If you cannot visualize, simply make the intention and it will still work the same.) Do this exercise for at least five minutes at a time. When you are done, you might send thanks for the help. Do this every day until you start to feel a shift.

Virtually everyone I have taught this to comes back to me with a report of something positive happening for them. They are astonished at how such a simple practice can be effective.

The second technique is called Tapping. It comes from EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). A fellow named Nick Ortner took EFT and simplified it and made some small adjustments to create something very powerful. I use it myself and get good results when working with other people. This one has a video. I posted the simplest explanation and you will find that there are many more videos on this wonderful technique.

And thanks again, Savannah for your contribution! I am sure that those reading can gain even more insight into this tangled world of trauma recovery.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Caylen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th August 2015), Billy (25th August 2015), DebJoy (24th December 2016), exponentialist (16th August 2015), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Gardener (16th August 2015), Hervé (16th August 2015), Lyran.Sun (16th October 2019), meeradas (12th July 2019), moekatz (16th August 2015), Sierra (16th August 2015), Sunny (11th July 2022)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member barbezell's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to thank Kathy for her grace and wisdom in telling her story. I think of The Hero's Journey, and the story of Persephone and Inanna. She has come back from the dark woods, the Underworld. Kathy has shared her story of transformation and her initiation through trauma to bring back the light for us all. Reborn, she is radiant and a guiding presence. We can't hear enough of the power of forgiveness to open our hearts. Kathy presents the glittering wealth of the peace and joy that is available to us. She has had allies, helpers on the journey. She has emerged whole. This is a beautiful interview that I will watch many times. I will share this. Thank you Kathy and Bill for creating this important piece.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to barbezell For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th August 2015), Billy (25th August 2015), Caylen (16th August 2015), DebJoy (24th December 2016), Dennis Leahy (21st August 2015), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Gardener (17th August 2015), Limor Wolf (17th August 2015), RunningDeer (16th August 2015), Sierra (16th August 2015)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Thank you Kathy for sharing your powerful story of hope and transforamtion with the world. Honestly this is one of the most powerful healing stories I have ever heard and I have studies trauma recovery for most of my adult life and worked as a Journey therapist for many years.

I would really like to ask you to pusblish a book with your story as the power of this story will make it go far and be a source of hope and healing for many.

In gratitude,
    Tara

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st August 2015), Billy (25th August 2015), Caylen (21st August 2015), DebJoy (24th December 2016), Dennis Leahy (21st August 2015), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Gardener (17th August 2015), RunningDeer (17th August 2015)

19. Link to Post #50
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tara (here)
    Thank you Kathy for sharing your powerful story of hope and transforamtion with the world. Honestly this is one of the most powerful healing stories I have ever heard and I have studies trauma recovery for most of my adult life and worked as a Journey therapist for many years.

I would really like to ask you to pusblish a book with your story as the power of this story will make it go far and be a source of hope and healing for many.

In gratitude,
    Tara
    Thanks Tara!

I will follow your request! In a book, I will be able to include may more helpful strategies for recovery. I have, in fact, experienced Journeying! Great have that skill on board the Avalon team!

Love, love, love,
    Kathy

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Caylen For This Post:

Avuso (25th August 2015), Bill Ryan (21st August 2015), Billy (25th August 2015), DebJoy (24th December 2016), Dennis Leahy (21st August 2015), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Lyran.Sun (16th October 2019), RunningDeer (21st August 2015), Yoda (23rd April 2022)

21. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)

In my book I talked about my NDE from drowning at age eight and noted:
    This is a most beautiful story of the power of music!

Music can be a very helpful healing tool. Since it is vibrational, it affects not only our minds, but our bodies. It is important to keep your "vibrational environment" such that it is healthy for you, so I am very mindful about what I am listening to. Your mood will dictate, of course, whether you want something lively or calming, but if there are lyrics, they have a subliminal effect on your mind.

Here is a an example of a piece I find very beautiful and with a universal message.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Caylen For This Post:

Avuso (25th August 2015), Bill Ryan (21st August 2015), Billy (25th August 2015), DebJoy (24th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Lyran.Sun (16th October 2019), RunningDeer (21st August 2015), Yoda (23rd April 2022)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member Avuso's Avatar
    Thanks

Kathy, your story exemplifies the goodness of the world, and the wonders that occur when we can finally see it.

The suffering individually and collectively feels overwhelming sometimes. The weight of it breaks my heart, but even in those moment I always feel it's worth it, that there is great meaning in feeling pain to that depth, that the transformation leaves us all richer and more beautiful on the other side.

Definitely interested in learning more in a book, especially curious about how receiving energy healing facilitated your transformation.

A small prayer:
    May mind control programs be brought to the light and support given to all those who have been affected, 'perpetrators' and 'victims' alike.

I love you deeply, I'm sorry for your suffering, please forgive me for my contribution, and thank you for your example and lesson.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Avuso For This Post:

Billy (25th August 2015), DebJoy (24th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), RunningDeer (25th August 2015)

25. Link to Post #53
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Dearest Kathy-
    Thank you with enormous gratitude for sharing your experiences for transformation into forgiveness and love. I needed this advice as I could not seem to have a continuous love attitude when remembering past traumas. It seemed like I was pretending (at times, not always) until it became true. I felt guilt for reverting to reactive anger.
    I have read the horror stories of ritual abuse and super soldier training/ behaviors. I have learned how to forgive I suppose but you added a new detail or two for the reasons the cycle kept happening. Now I know it is physiological as well as mental. Serotonin info was interesting - in the way a person must have this to stay alive and how to wean oneself from drama to peace and still receive serotonin.
    You have a light in your eyes. THANK YOU AGAIN, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Raregem

PS My avatar is my dog, Prince (Prince Valiant )...he says ruff, ruff, let's play now, Miss Kathy....lol
    Last edited by raregem; 10th September 2015 at 20:04.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

DebJoy (24th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,560 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Limor Wolf (here)

Is it this one? It's seven and a half hours long, so I assume it is.

I revisited this thread, and noticed that video's no longer available on YouTube. But here's the Avalon Library link:
    For those newer members who may not have seen the original video I posted, it's far and away the best I ever made. It's the kind of thing that deserves 50 million views. I'm not exaggerating.

So, this is also an excuse to bump the thread. Do watch. Trust me, it's worth it.

Here's my opening post:
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd November 2017 at 13:07.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ewan (3rd November 2017), Flash (10th December 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd November 2017), Lyran.Sun (16th October 2019), shamballaOn (9th December 2019), Yoda (23rd April 2022)

29. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Kathy, thank you for your courage and beauty in presenting your story. All stories of chronicles of what we humans have experienced. Some have way more trauma than others. I like to think of us as the ground crew, here to directly experience ALL aspects of what is really happening here on the planet, hopefully to ensure a better world somewhere, somehow in the 'future". It helps me to make some little sense of traumatizing an innocent child; something I really have a hard time wrapping my head around.

Shadow, my heart goes out to you. My son died of an "accidental" overdose in 2004, but I believe it was a hit and used to try and get at me. There were some VERY strange characters that didn't "fit" in that whole scenario of those months before his death. Just really weird stuff.

And to the poster who's therapist reminded him he hadn't lost his child; that was another uncanny bit of synchronicity. In 2005 after Katrina, I walked into a convenience store and there was a woman sobbing. I leaped over to her, grabbed her by the shoulders and said "What's wrong?". She said she had lost everything. I said "Do you have any children?" She nodded yes. And I said "Are they okay?" Again she nodded yes. I said "Then you haven't lost everything." I hugged her tight and she commented on my strength. I still remember how stunned she looked. I am sure that helped her.

God bless you Kathy and Shadow and all of us. Stay strong.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st December 2017), Lyran.Sun (16th October 2019), petra (2nd August 2019)

31. Link to Post #56
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Bumping this important thread... and specifically this wonderful insight, noted by Savannah:

Quote Kathy’s statement “we have all been traumatized” was very revealing. The seminal work on trauma was written by Judith Herman, MD Trauma and Recovery: The aftermath of violence-from domestic abuse to political terror. She was the first to state that trauma should be perceived as spectrum disorder, mild to severe, rather then diagnosing trauma once the symptoms meet a certain level of severity.

*I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2019), ClearWater (2nd August 2019), Forest Denizen (4th August 2019), Lyran.Sun (16th October 2019), meeradas (12th July 2019), Patient (12th July 2019), petra (2nd August 2019), Valerie Villars (12th July 2019), Yoda (23rd April 2022)

33. Link to Post #57
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 times in 1,413 posts

While the Illuminati are barely mentioned in the video, for those wanting first-hand facts, this site (the detailed personal testimony of an ex-Illuminati trainer with the pseudonym of Svali) is a goldmine of solid information: http://svalispeaks.com
    No longer a gold mine, now looks like a website dedicated to teaching me how to shop

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd August 2019), Cara (3rd August 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3