Thread: Put Another Log On The Fire

1. Link to Post #1201
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Put Another Log On The Fire

As they say…no news is good news, so not much to post these days.

There are the early morning walks to beat the heat and humidity. The pigeons and the next generation of pigeons gather for breakfast. Some have figured out the hiding places where I toss out birdseed for the sparrows. Sometimes the pigeons beat me there.

I’m battening down the hatches for a repeat of rain, thunder and lightening and high winds, due in a few hours here on the north eastern coast. One meteorologist included a tornado watch. Alas, no red shoes...but I got me some big, old red boots. Today, I made a sacrifice and wore them for a couple of hours in the sweltering humidity…all to ward off that tornado. No worries. If the boots don’t work, I’ll send it out to sea.

Hummmm…..maybe I ought send a couple of pigeon friends out as a heads up to the sea life.

I lost power and water in last weekends storm. I’m generally prepared within the realm of what's possible where I hang my hat. Today, I did some extra cooking. They’re foods that hold up well in the refrigerator when the electricity goes out.

I made big batches of:
    1. organic rolled oats with cinnamon, dates and bananas
    2. a triple combo of sweet potatoes, and new and red potatoes. I mix that up with home-made sauerkraut, some Bragg’s apple cider vinegar and nutritional yeast.
    3. Sushi rice, organic corn, kelp and ume plum vinegar.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Calz (25th July 2016), DNA (11th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (10th October 2016), Heartsong (25th July 2016), Joe Sustaire (26th July 2016), Lost N Found (26th July 2016), Michelle Marie (28th March 2017), Stephanie (27th July 2016)

3. Link to Post #1202
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote redundant...

Thanks, Steven.
    Re-add some photos from where I live.

A morning dove on the gate in my yard.

The rest are several miles away.

This tree was cut down to widen the road.
    Lots of debate and news reports but in the end, progress won out.
    A sad day for many of us.

Sycamore trees
    with a touch of artistic play
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 28th July 2016 at 00:33.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (29th July 2016), kanishk (10th October 2016), Lost N Found (27th July 2016), Michelle Marie (28th March 2017), Stephanie (27th July 2016)

5. Link to Post #1203
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,141 times in 1,888 posts

I did like the pictures, What a wonderful place you live. I sincerely hope you did not get burnt fingers for removing the log.

Just giving some smiles My deer Paula.
    All the best
    Steven

6. Link to Post #1204
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Post deleted
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 10th October 2016 at 02:45.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

RunningDeer (10th October 2016)

8. Link to Post #1205
    Thanks

And so it is and as it was.

COME AND GONE

And so we came, we saw the light, we felt the heart.
    Something or someone gave us the connection of not being apart.
    We talked of love, we talked of knowing, we felt the warmth and we saw the dove.

We gave of our life and fell into the memories as we spoke of our stories.
    Each of us saw the living of the past and grew to know just how we can grow and how long we all may last.

A touch of sound, a memory from the mind is something sad and something wonderful from behind.
    Yet each has lost and each has gained and we all have tried to each, just to explain,
    That we are all the same.
    You and I we live in this illusion,
    But we try so hard to find a solution.

And so we come to touch just some
    And when we came we found it was all the same.
    So you and I are but just one
    And then we are gone.

Just a piece of the heart from
    Steven

9. Link to Post #1206
    Thanks

I came to place a log on this cold fire. It will burn for a few hours and it is very warm. Hope all is well out in forest. It has been a lonely journey these past few months so here is something to perhaps put some warmth back for some while.

https://youtu.be/0-gg27Ltf98

Hello and Merry Christmas
    Brother Steven

10. Link to Post #1207
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,191 times in 4,071 posts

Ah the fire is going. I'll put another log on the fire for a bit of a burn.

Spooky Christmas

In the mid 1980's when I was a teenager my family and I spent Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa in Devon. They lived in a large spooky terraced house opposite a spooky larger detached house. There were about five houses in the terrace. They were all beautiful old buildings. It was in the middle of nowhere. There were these houses and nothing for miles. Only one other terrace house was occupied, my grandparents neighbours. All the other terrace houses were empty and the large house opposite was empty too.

This house had paranormal activity or bad wiring or both. My Grandma said a handyman who typically did work on the houses told her the large building used to be owned by 'The Squire' who liked drink, women and to have a good time. The handyman who had a thick Devonian accent told Grandma.. it was something like "The Squire is buried over there with his feet pointing this way so he can come back anytime he likes. And he does." but Grandma and Grandpa weren't easily phased. Our family dog wouldn't stay in Grandmas house when it was dark. Apparently she bolted out like no one had seen before.

The next day mum and aunt went into the large house opposite to explore. They said it was half opulently beautiful with a fully furnished ballroom, and half neglected almost derelict. While having to use the loo my aunt heard kissing noises so they finished exploring and hurried out. Grandpa told us he had seen this Squire previously in the kitchen. He said "he faded away so you could see the wall behind him". He also said this phantom Squire looked just like an oil painting of him.. the same clothes and pose.

Grandma once had her bum slapped while cleaning the toilet. She accused the Squire and went round the house fuming angry shouting at the phantom "how dare you" and "don't you ever do that again".. I don't believe it happened again! During this Christmas visit my aunt slept in a caravan outside I think because all the rooms were taken with us other relatives... In the early hours of the night she heard a crowd approach, pass and move on. With conversation you couldn't make out. This is alarming because it's in the middle of nowhere and winter.

I didn't encounter anything spooky or out of sorts myself. I remember it was a very boring place and spent all my time outside learning how to use the pogostick.

Perhaps this is a story of the paranormal, perhaps it's something more rational. It's just a spooky family story that's nice to tell round a circle from time to time... I hope you enjoyed it.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Charles Harris (19th January 2017), fourty-two (21st December 2016), Foxie Loxie (20th December 2016), Lost N Found (20th December 2016), RunningDeer (20th December 2016), Stephanie (29th December 2016)

12. Link to Post #1208
    Thanks

And I wonder across the the face of this world.

https://youtu.be/lnVnVWrwwnU

Well there are sparks
    Steven

13. Link to Post #1209
    Thanks

Well the logs may just barely be glowing but the love has a spark. Most have left the campfire for other realms. I seem to be dimming myself so here is my thoughts of bygone.

https://youtu.be/mknLaFJZ4v4

and here is a catch by my twinflame

https://youtu.be/9HEfxH7sLJw

Steven

14. Link to Post #1210
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lost N Found (here)
    Well the logs may just barely be glowing but the love has a spark. Most have left the campfire for other realms. I seem to be dimming myself so here is my thoughts of bygone.
    Steven
    No log for the campfire.
    Incense/smudge for life in change.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 11th February 2017 at 13:47.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (11th February 2017), Lost N Found (11th February 2017), Matthew (11th February 2017), Stephanie (21st February 2017)

16. Link to Post #1211
    Thanks

Yes dear Paula, to burn that incense for life in change. How it is that we step forward with a whole new outlook at life and it continues with a faster pace or so it seems. Our hearts break open and we see so much more. yet at last it is for each of us to decide that bright path to take the step into change.

This is but an observance to me yet to know where these folks be,

COLORS OF LIFE
    I watch the white and the gray, spread against the blue as the colors move into forms.
    I see the greens and the browns as something moves across the grounds.
    The sounds are distant and the winds are soft but yet fore tell the coming storms.
    A small four legged creature with a tail that is blue with a portion of gold,
    Hops and runs and then jumps, to a gray and black rock for this life can be quite bold.
    And from the green that stretches its arms to the mighty heavens, a singing red throated minstrel that rests in a tree calls out to all that he is free. And on the earth, the gray and white life with the big floppy ears eats of the green that in the spring is given a new birth.

and so I bow and light that incense of change to our lives.
    Love of life and love of change to the next plane
    Steven

17. Link to Post #1212
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Snapping winds of an unanticipated wave of chilling winds blow across, bringing clouds and a need to coddle the comfort of the flame. Let's toss another log on the fire- we can throw the incense in too! Cedar and sage on the top of the logs- fine pine burns through the resin of the sap of mother earth..

We can throw the incense in too, a melody of olfactory memory, sage and sandalwood. Clear out the stagnant pungent odor of methodology that does not jive with the collective harmony for which we strive.

Painting pictures in the hearth, the embers glow, as we focus- trees in the forest, we burn the dead limbs to create warmth, foster the communal stories of friends, foe, and family, but most of all to bring forth light in the darkest of nights- even if only an eery-orange glow gleemed from the last breath of life given by our brethren of the trees.

Our brethren the trees, breathe in our carbon, we'll breath in your air. Our symbiosis of life- truly fair.

Truly fair, as the embers keep burning, painting pictures in the hearth of our minds. Original TV, a modern-cultured caveman would speculate, as he stares to the stars in the interim. Stare into the pit and let the mind soar- Momma beat the drum for effect, rhythmic heartbeat none the rival, soul of the creat-ure who gave his hide to emcompass the melody. A stray orange spark streaks solemnly towards the flickering Sirius star, as the hearth keeps on burning.

As the hearth keeps on burning, love will be there to guide us with our goals, and feed our intuition as we pulse our sparks along a stray coal sitting comfortably at the edge of the flowing flames of those galliant energies of life, while the snapping winds of an unanticipated wave of chilling winds flow across.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BongoBob For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (11th February 2017), Lost N Found (11th February 2017), Matthew (12th February 2017), Michelle Marie (28th March 2017), RunningDeer (11th February 2017), Stephanie (21st February 2017)

19. Link to Post #1213
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yes dear Paula, to burn that incense for life in change. How it is that we step forward with a whole new outlook at life and it continues with a faster pace or so it seems. Our hearts break open and we see so much more. yet at last it is for each of us to decide that bright path to take the step into change.

This is but an observance to me yet to know where these folks be,

COLORS OF LIFE
    I watch the white and the gray, spread against the blue as the colors move into forms.
    I see the greens and the browns as something moves across the grounds.
    The sounds are distant and the winds are soft but yet fore tell the coming storms.
    A small four legged creature with a tail that is blue with a portion of gold,
    Hops and runs and then jumps, to a gray and black rock for this life can be quite bold.
    And from the green that stretches its arms to the mighty heavens, a singing red throated minstrel that rests in a tree calls out to all that he is free. And on the earth, the gray and white life with the big floppy ears eats of the green that in the spring is given a new birth.

and so I bow and light that incense of change to our lives.
    Love of life and love of change to the next plane
    Steven

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

DNA (11th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (11th February 2017), Lost N Found (11th February 2017), Matthew (12th February 2017), Michelle Marie (28th March 2017), Stephanie (21st February 2017)

21. Link to Post #1214
    Thanks

Well now, here is the spring and I come to sit and meditate in depth. I wonder to start a fire but just sit and listen to this Mystic sound. So here is some pull on the heart.

https://youtu.be/BUpNw4s54Jw

Reach the sky and let yourself fly
    Steven

22. Link to Post #1215
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

And so it is and as it was.

COME AND GONE

And so we came, we saw the light, we felt the heart.
    Something or someone gave us the connection of not being apart.
    We talked of love, we talked of knowing, we felt the warmth and we saw the dove.

We gave of our life and fell into the memories as we spoke of our stories.
    Each of us saw the living of the past and grew to know just how we can grow and how long we all may last.

A touch of sound, a memory from the mind is something sad and something wonderful from behind.
    Yet each has lost and each has gained and we all have tried to each, just to explain,
    That we are all the same.
    You and I we live in this illusion,
    But we try so hard to find a solution.

And so we come to touch just some
    And when we came we found it was all the same.
    So you and I are but just one
    And then we are gone.

Just a piece of the heart from
    Steven
    Beautiful! Heartfelt inspiration of truth.
    Thank you!
    MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th March 2017), Lost N Found (28th March 2017), RunningDeer (3rd April 2019), Stephanie (4th April 2017)

24. Link to Post #1216
    Thanks

And is this the place to come and contemplate? Is this the place to hear the crackling of the fire? Is this the place to reflect of the past and hope that something might last? Is this the place to feel the love and give something of the soul and light of the spirit. I am not of certain but I do know that we that sit on this log and then toss a branch into the fire do get to hear it.

I have spent my life wandering and learning and have found a twin flame that was in a past life. I have grown by her words and by her soul and have come know the love that was always their. A life of toil and times of foil but yet a love that keeps the gift and always gives without asking for return. A true love and a bright light that shines from the heart. Time does tell of things in the past and ways we are, how we treat those we meet and what will be as we move through this time that we all choose to come back to learn. Do you think we will finally understand what it is we are suppose to learn? I do not know at this moment but life is becoming more clear and doors are opening to see more. I am here to learn and grow and this is one song that expresses my feeling.

https://youtu.be/HKDPaf40LCw

Thank you Michelle Marie for you kind words and heart felt feeling

Love to all Steven

25. Link to Post #1217
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hello, Lionhawk.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 3rd April 2019 at 18:25.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2019), Billy (3rd April 2019), ClearWater (3rd April 2019), Eric J (Viking) (3rd April 2019), Lionhawk (3rd April 2019), Lost N Found (3rd April 2019), Mike (3rd April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019)

27. Link to Post #1218
    Thanks

And So a brother, a Captain doth return. So glad to see you in the fire light.

28. Link to Post #1219
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,392 times in 246 posts

Default A fly on the wall

Name:  eed36786bfbfa95ed8021e0b4db6f7e1--talking-sticks-talking-stick-diy.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  28.7 KB

Greetings Everyone!

For many of you, it has been several months as to Brook's passing. For me, it has been one long day. Since her passing, if everything could go wrong, it did! I had wanted to post a dedication to honor her passing, soon after she had passed, but I was in too much pain.

I had even scheduled a Memorial Service, signed a contract, and the owner of the funeral home, basically ripped up that contract. Blew me away! Then sent me a thank you letter as though nothing ever happened.

Cancer is also more about what is around it. The people, doctors, the tests, the drugs, the family, the friends, and so on. You find yourself juggling all of it. There is no real way to prepare for it. You just do the best you can. Cancer will teach you what you need to know, even though you might not "want" to know.

Granted, you may be wondering why I am finally saying anything about all this now, since several months have passed. What you don't know is that there seemed to be at work, a force to prevent from making a posting. These things I now speak of are not excuses, but merely the facts as they have occurred. Since her passing, 3 of the 4 computers in our house are basically dead. They died. I spent hours trying to bring them back to life, but to no avail. Currently , I am using Brook's laptop. I had not wanted to use it because it was hers' and had wanted to preserve it as it was. Besides, I do not know all of her passwords and that has been a challenge.

My phone was also cut off, mysteriously, and had I not discovered that, the timing of taking care of her legal stuff would have been delayed much longer. When the phone had died, it delayed her Estate handling an added month. It was like an unseen force was making things very difficult for me. And of course whether or not that a death had occur, everyone wants their money. The system doesn't give you the chance to grieve. The cable/Internet got shutdown as well. So communicates got shut down.

It has taken me this long to re-establish some sort of normalicy. But during this time, I have learned of a great many things and have, despite the dark side efforts to circumvent me, I am much more knowledgeable in the now moment.

As many of you might have known, Brook and I were twinflames. We met at PA1. Which is archived. We still have many friends that knew us back then, to this very day. Recently, Brook told me to thank everyone for the sharing of that space with us and that it was said from the heart of her soul. She posted what she posted to help everyone, through 10 years. Her research was brillant back then and little did I realize what brillance she would post later on. I was so blessed to have reunited with her. We were an awesome team.

Through the years, we spoke with many on Skype and Zoom. Many were real genuine friends and some not so genuine. Also during some of those convos, I was just a fly on the wall. So if some of the ingenious ones are reading this, just know that I know what you are about. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! I also know who you work for!

Brook is no longer in harm's way and she will never, "walk that plank", ever again. It was done in such a shameful way. As in a sacrifice. Made my head spin. To think that Brook almost figured it all out. She knows now and the fly on the wall, knows too.

Brook also had a wonderful, child like sense of humor. We had a blast together. I remember laughing so hard that my belly would be sore for a couple of days. Also avoided her because I hurt so bad from the laughter. How I miss her so.

We had a F2 tornadoe come within 30' of our home on Oct. 23, 2017. I faced the wall of that monster. After that event had passed, I knew a battle had been fought and I had a real concern as to what was coming in our future. Dec. 6, 2017, Brook had her heart attack. Dec. 13, 2017, Buster died. On Dec. 20, 2017, we discovered that Brook had stage 4. Sasha disappeared on Sept. 28, 2018. And Brook finally passed on Oct. 25, 2018. I lost my family in less than a year. Mind you I say this not looking for any sympathy whatsoever. I am just stating a fact.

We treated our Sasha and Buster as people, because they were people. Sasha spent hours laying on Brook because she knew there was something wrong with Brook. She offered her companionship and love to Brook in such a beautiful way. She also loved Buster so much that Buster had a hard time dealing with all of her affections towards him. She was also one tough Cat. Only 6 lbs. but she could run a pitbull out of her yard with no fear whatsoever.

Forgive me for not maybe having all the right words to say......But I want to thank all of you that shared quality space with Brook through the years. Even the ones lacking in integrity, because that lack you provided made Brook shine. She fought for everyone concerned and had a wonderful loving heart.

Currently she is going through a life review process and it is going to take some time for her to go through. Many souls are involved with this and that is why it is going to take some time. However, once done, she will go back to her home world. As it turns out she is the queen of that world, who left there thousands of years ago to assist this world under Sekhmet's wing. Now maybe you will realize who graced these forum halls and who you really were talking too. I have physical proof. All of us were surely blessed to have known her, even if we didn't have a clue. This is my gift to you all.

Namaste'
    P.S. Piisssssttttttttt!!!!!!! The gift is not the video! LOLs

Last edited by Lionhawk; 3rd April 2019 at 22:41.

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lionhawk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2019), Billy (3rd April 2019), ClearWater (4th April 2019), Constance (4th April 2019), Eric J (Viking) (4th April 2019), Lost N Found (3rd April 2019), mountain_jim (4th April 2019), RunningDeer (3rd April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), ThePythonicCow (4th April 2019), Valerie Villars (4th April 2019)

30. Link to Post #1220
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Lionhawk, I'm at a loss for words after reading your post. (BTW: nice talking stick)

You may be interested in:
    • Shadowself/Brook’s thread that documented her journey. [click here]
    • The announcement of Brook’s passing and our thoughts and prayers. [click here]
    Lastly, at the bottom of edina’s post is a special message to you:

(For Lionhawk, in case you see this. Hugs. From Brook. You know, I know.)

Last edited by RunningDeer; 4th April 2019 at 00:11.

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2019), Billy (3rd April 2019), ClearWater (4th April 2019), Constance (4th April 2019), Eric J (Viking) (4th April 2019), Lionhawk (4th April 2019), mountain_jim (4th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), ThePythonicCow (4th April 2019), Valerie Villars (4th April 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst 1 11 51 61 65 LastLast