United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Default Re: Katherine Albrecht: Windows 10 Is Full Blown Electronic Tyranny

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by Desert Dreamer (here)
    Herve,

Is it ALL of Microsfts operating systems?
    What we see from un-IT-savy is highly reminiscent of early mysticism....

There no witches, but there ARE some very... "poor"... decisions that were made in the implementation of data gathering / patching and inclusion of back doors.

Updates are good... they keep you "one step ahead" of the script kiddies.... avoiding them (patches) is like hanging a sign up on your internet connected computer saying "hey, I'm susceptible to this easily exploited un-patched vulnerability".

not a high return on effort issue to worry over.
    Oh there are witches, there are definitely witches. Whether they are involved in patch updates I couldn't really say but is it not conceivable that some of these "poor" decisions might have been poor by design at some higher level.

With all the information we have seen, suggesting if not proving, that out of control agencies intent on data gathering have designed backdoors here, there and everywhere then a, relatively speaking, secure Win7 environment just has to be patched to the users detriment in that kind of mindset.

I turned off Windows update manually, I had to in order to stop the Win 10 rollout that was most insistent in installing certain aspects of itself on my machine whether I wanted it or not. In fact I uninstalled certain KB's and rolled back, turning it off (superficially it transpired) by asking windows not to update anything without asking me - but the machine would switch on in the small hours and reinstall regardless. So I cut it off at source and update simply cannot run anymore.

Through a combination of Zone Alarm and NoScript I have had a malware/virus free machine for near two years now and I have no anti-virus running.

Having said all that I fully expect to find my computer locked in 3, 2, *hi*!.

EDIT: BTW, the beauty of my machine is there is no wireless capacity, if the cable is not connected there is no possibilty of external input. Or so I believe.
    How do you cut it off at source?

Thanks, Ewan.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #222
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,949 times in 2,388 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Herve,

Is it ALL of Microsfts operating systems?
    What we see from un-IT-savy is highly reminiscent of early mysticism....

There no witches, but there ARE some very... "poor"... decisions that were made in the implementation of data gathering / patching and inclusion of back doors.

Updates are good... they keep you "one step ahead" of the script kiddies.... avoiding them (patches) is like hanging a sign up on your internet connected computer saying "hey, I'm susceptible to this easily exploited un-patched vulnerability".

not a high return on effort issue to worry over.
    Oh there are witches, there are definitely witches. Whether they are involved in patch updates I couldn't really say but is it not conceivable that some of these "poor" decisions might have been poor by design at some higher level.

With all the information we have seen, suggesting if not proving, that out of control agencies intent on data gathering have designed backdoors here, there and everywhere then a, relatively speaking, secure Win7 environment just has to be patched to the users detriment in that kind of mindset.

I turned off Windows update manually, I had to in order to stop the Win 10 rollout that was most insistent in installing certain aspects of itself on my machine whether I wanted it or not. In fact I uninstalled certain KB's and rolled back, turning it off (superficially it transpired) by asking windows not to update anything without asking me - but the machine would switch on in the small hours and reinstall regardless. So I cut it off at source and update simply cannot run anymore.

Through a combination of Zone Alarm and NoScript I have had a malware/virus free machine for near two years now and I have no anti-virus running.

Having said all that I fully expect to find my computer locked in 3, 2, *hi*!.

EDIT: BTW, the beauty of my machine is there is no wireless capacity, if the cable is not connected there is no possibilty of external input. Or so I believe.
    How do you cut it off at source?

Thanks, Ewan.

MM
    Be cautious, I'm not advising you to do this. I chose to do it.

Irreversibly destroying your computer - just kidding!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2018), Hervé (20th December 2017), Michelle Marie (20th December 2017)

5. Link to Post #223
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Thanks, Ewan! Advice not taken. 😉

Got the link/info though, in case "a friend" wants it. LOL

🌋🌌🌠MM🌠🌌🌋
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2018), Ewan (20th December 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12