+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ASMR - Autonomous sensory meridian response - Videos for relaxation :)

1. Link to Post #1
    England Avalon Member markenty13's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ASMR - Autonomous sensory meridian response - Videos for relaxation :)

Hi all,

came across ASMR last month and so far have been impressed with the videos that have been posted on youtube. helps me relax at night, fall asleep with ease and sometimes sends me into a lucid dream like state

Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a neologism for a perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, back, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, or cognitive stimuli. The nature and classification of the ASMR phenomenon is controversial,[1] with strong anecdotal evidence to support the phenomenon but little or no scientific explanation or verified data.

Below are the some of the videos i have watched and enjoyed, i recommend lying back with headphones on for the best experience :0

There are plenty of other videos so have a look on youtube

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to markenty13 For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (26th August 2015), Ernie Nemeth (15th March 2019), FinallyNow (27th August 2015), lisalu (27th August 2015), Mark (29th May 2019), Nasu (26th August 2015), Pam (15th March 2019), petra (15th March 2019), ponda (27th August 2015), Wind (27th August 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member lisalu's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: ASMR - Autonomous sensory meridian response - Videos for relaxation :)

I heard about this a couple of years ago while listening to the Moth radio show, intrigued, I checked out the youtube videos to see what she was talking about. I was surprised to learn that it was something that I had always experienced. Certain voices, certain sounds would just send me. I thought everyone experienced this. I can listen to certain people talk forever and it wouldn't matter what they were saying, I just want to hear their voice. Sometimes driving in certain cars can do it, there's a vibration or a sound, maybe the wind coming in the window, whatever it is, it just sends me, I'm gone. Inelia Benz voice does it for me, my favorite ASMR channel is GentleWhispering. When I talked about it to a few friends I learned that they had no clue what I was talking about. So it makes me wonder how many people get this.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lisalu For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (27th August 2015), Mark (29th May 2019), markenty13 (27th August 2015), Pam (15th March 2019), petra (15th March 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default Re: ASMR - Autonomous sensory meridian response - Videos for relaxation :)

Some people are irritated by the humming noises of air conditioning units or everyday sounds like that, but I find those relaxing too. It's just a matter of rewiring your brain a certain way, changing the way you think of it. I used to have to stand at attention without moving and I managed to make itching feel pleasurable too, though it gets a little more intense to deal with than air conditioner noises.

6. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

This is a really fascinating topic - I only just discovered ASMR yesterday!
    I don't think I've ever experienced this. Maybe once? The triggers are what I find most interesting.

In addition to the videos, if anyone has any experiences with ASMR, I think this would be a good place as any to share them also.

More info about ASMR from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autono...idian_response

7. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Unintentional ASMR--Bob Ross the late artist. Old episodes on Netflix. Those happy little trees! There is a Vedic astrologer called Rick Ved on YouTube. He has a voice like melted butter. Sooooo sleeepy. Onawah, you will appreciate his politics!

And if you can find old Kraft commercials for Velveeta or YouTube videos from the sixties for Dove soap. They might work too.

I've been listening to these videos for almost 5 years now. Gentle arm and hand movements do it for me as much as voice.

People think it's sexual but it's not. It is more like being blissed out like an ape being groomed or a baby listening to its Mom's reassuring voice.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Some people are irritated by the humming noises of air conditioning units or everyday sounds like that, but I find those relaxing too. It's just a matter of rewiring your brain a certain way, changing the way you think of it. I used to have to stand at attention without moving and I managed to make itching feel pleasurable too, though it gets a little more intense to deal with than air conditioner noises.
    Same. I find gentle traffic noise calming too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Mark (29th May 2019)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member funkpunk46's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite ASMR videos are the unintentional ones, so instructional videos, medical exams, interviews with people with accents. Sometimes I get irritated at the produced ASMR videos, especially when it's clear that the presenters are laying it on thick and behaving unnaturally in order to create ASMR for viewers. My favorite GentleWhispering video is below:

10. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,484 times in 2,851 posts

I have seen a number of these videos but have never spent time watching or listening to them.

When I first heard about ASMR it was from a friend who was a Buddhist who told me about it when I told him about something I have exerienced for my entire life. This vibrating, pleasant tingling sensation that I get whenever I am in the presence of what I consider to be a multiversal truth.

It can be something as simple as an epiphanic moment of peace and sublime joy, or it can be a statement or series of statements by any avatar speaking on something that causes my body to resonate to it at a deeper and, simultaneously, higher, level.

I have to admit I'm a bit put off by the "ASMR movement" as it seems to be a lessening of the nature of what the feeling actually is and does. Or rather, a distraction and minimization. Some say about 20% experience ASMR videos and stimuli as pleasant, 20% as negative. I believe it can also be honed into a point of perception, like a "7th sense".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Harmony (30th May 2022)

12. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member Ankle Biter's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 times in 368 posts

I need to improve my audio capture so that wind doesn't mess up the vibe but this sounds with waves retreating over rounded rocks makes for a magical sound to the whole dynamic.

To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. -Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

Harmony (30th May 2022)

14. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,003 times in 2,649 posts

In the video above, the sound of the rocks hitting each other while rythmically being pulled by the sea is wonderful to hear in person too. I once was up on Fitzroy Island off Cairns and the sea was pulling pieces of coral in the same manner with a beautiful bell and tinkling sound that was unimaginably beautiful. Thanks for sharing

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Ankle Biter (30th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread