Thread: Fugitives/Refugees coming to Europe

1. Link to Post #21
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,381 times in 764 posts

Default Re: Fugitives/Refugees coming to Europe

I should not drown 72 deaths with too many words, my friends. I should not kill 72 lives with too many words.

A Spanish photographer, Francisco Carrasco Cortès took a picture, back in 2003, that can help me:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bootvluchteling_soldaat_Cortés_Francisco_Carrasco_20030508.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	412.5 KB
ID:	30961
    Last edited by Michel Leclerc; 28th August 2015 at 21:58.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Iloveyou (29th August 2015), Selkie (28th August 2015), Shannon (29th August 2015), transiten (29th August 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    Croatia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    8000 is by far not that much, just in Germany they expect 800 000 till end of the year. This poor people are living they homes because USA / NATO are bomb down they countries one after another. The endless war has to stop now! The people in Europe are in midle of a big financial crisis and tiered to support this USA wars arround the globe.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nikola Tesla For This Post:

Apophenia (26th September 2015), avid (29th August 2015), Selkie (28th August 2015), Shannon (29th August 2015), transiten (29th August 2015), Violet (29th August 2015), Wind (29th August 2015)

5. Link to Post #23
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

I think it is sickening how we the people are being used as pawns in a (also Tavistockian-like) game we seemingly cannot win.

ISIS threatens to send 500,000 migrants to Europe as a 'psychological weapon' in chilling echo of Gaddafi's prophecy that the Mediterranean 'will become a sea of chaos'

Quote Italian press today published claims that ISIS has threatened to release the huge wave of migrants to cause chaos in Europe if they are attacked
    And letters from jihadists show plans to hide terrorists among refugees
    In 2011, Muammar Gaddafi ominously predicted war would come to Libya
    He was deposed in a violent coup and killed in October of the same year
    Islamic State executed 21 Egyptian Christians on Libyan beach this week
    Crisis in Libya has led to surge in number of migrants heading for Europe

Like a scene from the Third World, thousands of migrants race to catch the last trains into Europe: Desperate families head towards Hungary before the country completes a 109-mile long fence across its borders

Quote Men, women and children were photographed waiting for trains in the Macedonian town of Gevgelija today
    Families then crowd into packed, run-down carriages as they travel towards Serbia and on to Hungary
    Once they are smuggled into Hungary they can easily pass without passport check on to Germany and France
    Many of thousands of migrants currently trying to reach the UK via the Channel Tunnel in Calais took this route
    ‘Out of control’: Greek police beat migrants to stop brawls on troubled island of Kos

Quote Police on Greek island of Kos have beaten migrants with truncheons and sprayed them with fire extinguishers when a fight broke out among the refugees on Tuesday. The deteriorating refugee crisis could end in “bloodshed”, a local mayor has warned.
    Exhausted and thirsty, migrants scuffle to get across the Greek-Macedonian border

Quote IDOMENI, Greece (AP) — Scuffles and limited fights broke out Friday among more than 1,000 people at Greece's northern border with Macedonia as exhausted, thirsty migrants jostled to get into position to cross.
    Last edited by Sophocles; 29th August 2015 at 01:36.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

Apophenia (26th September 2015), Iloveyou (29th August 2015), transiten (29th August 2015), Violet (29th August 2015)

7. Link to Post #24
    Hong Kong Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks for posting this video. As an Asian, I did not realise this problem is so serious right now in Europe. I will definitely do a prayer to them.

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Quote Posted by Michel Leclerc (here)
    I should not drown 72 deaths with too many words, my friends. I should not kill 72 lives with too many words.

A Spanish photographer, Francisco Carrasco Cortès took a picture, back in 2003, that can help me:

Attachment 30961
    Michel, as English is not my native language I don't understand what you mean? The moving picture says more than a 1000 words though...

9. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Edward Meier foretold of this situation a long time ago , also all of Europe will fall to Islam , and the fanatics will maintain their power for a long time ... it will lead to a war that will encompass the entire world ... The Henoch Prophecies ...the world plays out just as he wrote about back in 1951 and 1958 ...http://theyflyblog.com/2011/06/07/an...eep-on-coming/
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

10. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Ghostrider, this and/or other prophecies will not make people find the courage needed to deal with this. If fear and more despair (that all is lost) is ongoingly instilled in the local community eventually this will lead to a very explosive situation. Nobody wants that.

Quote Posted by Zampano (here)
    I wanted to start a new thread too, because it is a very hot topic at the moment.
    As it happens, I am living in the town where the biggest Asylum Center is located here in Austria.
    And of course, topic number one in the news. I will sum it up here...
    The center is overcrowded-more than double of the people who would fit in there. They have to sleep outside in tents (provided by private people) or on a mat outside.
    Doesnt matter if it is raining or crazy hot-like this summer. Some have to sleep in buses, provided by the state. Public transportation buses.
    Not enough food-people have to wait hours in line for food and water. Sanitary infrastructure: really bad-no toilet paper, no shower curtains. Also, people are waiting in a row to shower. Medical doctors show up occassionally. Couple of women had a stillbirth. Many more suicide attempts. Nearly no possibilities to wash cloth.
    The recent Amnesty International report was utterly devastating and does violate human rights.
    NGOs are helping to a point and lot of private initiatives have been created to deliever food, water, cloth, sanitary products, language courses, private housing possibilites, jobs...
    That is really good to see BUT...the distribution of the donation does not work at all. There are gangs inside of the center, taking stuff and selling it for money, cigarettes, alcohol and I dont know what. Government said, they stop the "intake" of more refugees...but what can you do, if you have hundreds! more coming every day. Bureaucracy makes it very very hard for private people who want to offer housing. Some give it up, even though they are willing to help.
    The government knew in advance what was coming, but didnt prepare at all.
    The center is in the town, so lots of people lingering arround in the streets, leaving trash everywhere, loud noise at night. The neighbours do not enjoy it, as you can imagine.
    And as Violet posted above...more than 70 people were found dead in a truck next to the highway here.

Thats enough fuel for the right wing politicians to become more popular with their unhuman policy. Of course, also in other European countries.
    In Germany they set small Asylum Centers on fire. Other cities and villages formed initiatives with the community members to help refugees.
    Hungary is building a fence to stop refugees, entering from Serbia. The popular route is from Turkey to Greece to Serbia or Macedonia and then Hungary to Germany/Scandinavian states/Austria/Italy. And they declared the state of emergency in Macedonia. Thats it for now
    That's crazy and so can bureaucracy be, but it is necessary to keep some kind of order in this. Maybe they could switch to a bureaucracy Light version to speed things up a little.

I live in a neighbourhood that houses a lot of Afghan (admitted) refugees. I didn't really notice in the beginning but one day my attention was drawn by a prominent presence of Afghan male dress in the streets, where I was used to seeing djellabas. They play some cool cricket in the park. Not a common scene, cricket. At first I thought they were Pakistani, who knows, some of them might be.

Yes, there is loud screaming and shouting after 22h, most of the time. Sometimes it's in an Eastern European sounding language, lots of kurva-cursing. At others it's an angry black woman shouting in her phone. We also have some gypsy families around here. I'm often worried about their young kids, because they leave them out to play late at night on the roadway, and the cars - for some reason - tend to mistake this 30km zone for a highway.

The black man on the other side of the street is always playing a loud Holy Mount Zion with his windows wide open, also way after 22h, which was cool the first day, but I've nearly memorised the record by now.

It's a permanent scene, and you take it or leave it, there is only so much you can do or say. From what I can see, the new generation local Belgians are taking the challenge; they're buying up the old houses that the previous generations left, and they're renovating them and doing what they can to push the neighbourhood into advancement.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Zampano (29th August 2015)

12. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    Edward Meier foretold of this situation a long time ago , also all of Europe will fall to Islam , and the fanatics will maintain their power for a long time ... it will lead to a war that will encompass the entire world ... The Henoch Prophecies ...the world plays out just as he wrote about back in 1951 and 1958 ...http://theyflyblog.com/2011/06/07/an...eep-on-coming/
    I'm sorry to say this sounds like the worst propaganda from the racist/fascist factions in Sweden. That said I don't think all pple voting for the Swedish Democrats are racists but they don't understand what forces they are driven by and their background in Nazi ideologies. Most pple just see the problems that arise with the fugitifs coming here and it's easier to put the blame on them than to deal with the powerstructures that govern our planet.

Also I don't trust every prophesy one can find in an old book be it the Bible, the Quoran or Bhagavad Gita. Nostradamus also predicted the conflicts that will arise between Islam and The Western cultures but not the final outcome. Channeling also is a tricky thing and can be distorted by the reciever or the source might not be the most benevolent.

A prophecy can also be a warning saying if we continue like this, this and this might happen.

So if we can foresee something we have the possibility to change the outcome right.

Please focus on practicing Free Will. If we believe in absolute determinism we can just as well shut Avalon down.
    Last edited by transiten; 29th August 2015 at 20:44.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Zampano (29th August 2015)

14. Link to Post #29
    Malta Avalon Member
    Thanks

Take this for what it is worth: Clif High had at one point indicated that his predictive software seemed to suggest that the coming shifts in the global economy and subtle climate changes would induce many refugees to reverse migrate home. I would tend to agree with him. The shift in consciousness which could lead to the stabilization of source countries for migration is already occurring. A case in point: despite the number of desperate attempts by negative factions to initiate WWIII in recent years, all have fallen through. The Ukraine and Iran crises es (hope I got the spelling right ) have in their own respective ways been contained . Even last few days have seen North and Korea tensions being substantially defused. The planet is slowly but gently moving to slightly positive net orientation from the slightly negative orientation it had a few years ago. We can recall that the artificially contrived Swine flu pandemic came to nought as did Sars. It could well be that with hindsight we will perceive 21st December, 2012 as having indeed been a turning point. We should not take the present economic challenges with so much of a gloom and doom attitude. Rather, they are an indirect part of a process that will see long suppressed patents come to public knowledge, with individuals and local communities realigning themselves. Even a Carrington event could have positive effects....we could relearn much of the art of connecting with each other away from electronic media, rediscover the joy of printed books and relearn the joyful craft of repairing and putting things together by hand.
    Last edited by MalteseKnight; 29th August 2015 at 21:39.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MalteseKnight For This Post:

transiten (30th August 2015), Violet (29th August 2015), Wind (30th August 2015)

16. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

It is quite obvious that the terrorists have stated they are using people to flood Europe to allow infiltration of terrorists, and drain the resources of all that oppose them. It is not a good thing many people in Europe who were born there cannot even get suitable housing, enough food, and many other essential things so how can European countries deal with more people coming into their countries they cannot. It will cause social upheaval and resentment when the resources state to run out.

17. Link to Post #31
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks

Thank you Transiten.

English is only my third or fourth. I did take a few poetic liberties, I guess, with my first two sentences.

The strange thing with words is that they are necessary. They are, even for this photograph. Someone has said: "A picture says more than 1000 words, but only if you say these 1000 words first.“

The world is full of manipulated pictures. Photographers' intentions are as complex and unsoundable as anybody’s intentions, and certainly as any artist’s intentions. And to the extent that photographs are windows on reality, that reality also is unfathomable and inexhaustible.

I love that picture, it is a visual prayer, or rather a yantra as in Indian religions, instilling into me the meekness of the soul required to be of any help.

Yet there are people who have said that this photograph has been staged. Both men would be actors. Francisco Carrasco Cortès has an artist's ambitions with his photography, and this picture won Catalunya's 2003 best photograph competition.

Even then, works of art can move us to the point that they soften our selfishness.

Have you counted my words? More can be said about the photograph.

Yet words can be "too many". There is something in the fugitive "crisis" (as it is called) that makes me want to shut up first of all myself (hence the "I should" instead of "you should"). Words are more part of the problem than of the solution.

Words, also words on this forum, are too often spoken to smother the voice of conscience, that tells us, hammering in our heart, that we are guilty.

This whole forum details, often with anger, how "the powers that be" are evil incarnate and foment wars and massacres. Yet we live in the countries they lead, and we allow them to "be".

We know how the American Empire has wilfully spread total chaos in the Middle East to secure the indefensible position of its allies, killing hundreds of thousands, de-developing economies, uprooting cultures, disintegrating civilisations. Yet we let them be. We are not part of their evil, we say. They do not do that evil in our name or stead. We are innocent. We suffer ourselves. How American citizens’ conscience can be at peace with all this is beyond me.

We, Transiten, living in the Empire's vassal states Sweden and Belgium, have witnessed how staged massacres, slaying of political leaders and other iconic personalities, have spread fear and frozen our peoples' consciences. The "dumbing down" of the American population has now spread the world over. We in our vassal states are co-responsible for the destruction of Iraq, Libya, Syria and maybe now Lebanon. To an extent different for each vassal state, our states' armies have been accomplices in these murders of thousands. I live in Belgium and my conscience is being eaten away at a fast pace.

The people in the Middle East who take up arms and relish in killings – and, allowing for the necessity to resist tyrants as we should do in our countries, I would like to qualify this sentence by stating: the people in the Middle East coming from our countries who take up arms and relish in killings – the murders they commit are our co-responsibility. They are the outcome of the education systems we have allowed to go to smithereens and of the ethical values we have allowed to be emptied by the "culture" of the Empire.

How hypocritical haven't we been, as far as Syria is concerned, almost silently cheering them on as they were leaving for that country to "depose the dictator" – brainwashed as we were by the "media"-beyond-remedy – and now considering them liabilities for our "society" as they are coming back, a dangerous little bit more war-streetwise.

I think we are terribly guilty, and now the consequence of our terrible negligence, carelessness, foolishness comes upon us in wave after wave of people whose economy, whose culture, whose civilisation has been broken with our hands.

How obvious then, that the only thing we should reasonably do to rebuild our broken hearts and minds – because, as the great French philosopher Alain Badiou has said, in the wake of psychoanalyst Jacques Lacan: a person (a "subject" is their correct word) is only whole to the extent that he is faithful to what he considers true. Le sujet n’existe que dans la mesure où il est fidèle à ce qu'il tient pour vrai – the only thing we could do to repair our broken selves – broken by the Empire's unrelenting propaganda – is to act, to do the deeds of mercy and lovingkindness required by this tragedy.

As I have been reminded of just today: during the First World War, 1 million Belgian refugees, fleeing from the German occupier's armies, found shelter in the Netherlands (which remained neutral and was not affected by the war), then a country of 6 million people. The Dutch population grew, and for a full four years, by 16 percent.

How egoistic have we, Belgians, become – at least, if the word "egoism" still has a meaning for us, whose egoes even have been broken...

Your great civilisation, Transiten, sheltered thousands of American drafted soldiers during the Vietnam War, who did not want to go and kill people with yellow skin. I used to be in Göteborg in the early 70s, where I was learning Swedish, and spoke with those soldiers who were full of admiration for Sweden, as I was, and we were happy and proud and wept at the same time.

Given that – given that our selves are broken with repressed feelings of guilt, we are too keen to smother this voice with words – words expressing contradictory emotions of anger, indignation, self-protective outbursts in front of perceived intrusion, pity, self-pity, horror at atrocities, half-concealed bloodthirstiness at "graphic" representations of the same atrocities – too keen to vent them in anonymised forums, too fearful to do the undocumented action of relief and consolation. Too keen to plapper, too shy to hug.

As I am, here, writing 1,000 words to express how the photograph moves me.
    Last edited by Michel Leclerc; 30th August 2015 at 00:57.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

awakeningmom (30th August 2015), hohoemi (30th August 2015), Iloveyou (30th August 2015), transiten (30th August 2015), Wind (30th August 2015)

19. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 times in 241 posts

It has to be said that multiple conflicts that run on for years in the middle east have this exact effect and the planners know this, Its heart breaking.

Who could or would want to live there, people say in the street everyday wherever you go, why don't they fight for there country.

Well when a bunch of thugs armed with AK47's are coming your way and all you have a sticks & rocks to defend yourself the obvious thing for yourself & your family is to avoid the confrontation, Why don't people understand that, Its like the media dehumanises them on the grounds that we cant afford to help them.

A lot of people need to put themselves in these peoples positions and ask what would we do if we were them, because I can tell you I wouldn't fight a bunch of thugs with guns with sticks & stones for England, Sorry to cuss but I've heard this crap ever other day of my life about fighting for your country & how there's honour in it, no there's not, your a pawn in there game if you go along with it. My forefathers on my fathers & mothers side were military men and must have fought 100 years between them and yet were back here again in the middle,causing trouble and going along with this middle eastern white wash with sykes picot most probably at the center of it, if you don't believe it research what sykes picot is and what they wanted to achieve.Then tell me that they haven't now got there way and then tell me it wasn't what they planned 100 years ago.

Its all just so sad for everyone involved that we have been sleepwalked into this from them that knew and were bought off.

Its a land grab on a massive scale, they effectively end up with countries they can take over free of charge and exploit there resources in trade for other locations that displaced head for just to survive, all anyone wants is to be treated fairly.

We the people that are in the countries that are putting fences up should be taking the fences down and accept that we have be played and realise how we handle this is will define us to future generations. So we must make the most of it and try & educate the misinformed not to start something that would resemble civil war or race war as you can bet this was part of there masterplan also, these people are human beings and are going to end up there so we need to stop fighting it and make the best of it.
    Last edited by Verdilac; 30th August 2015 at 01:24.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Verdilac For This Post:

awakeningmom (30th August 2015), hohoemi (30th August 2015), Iloveyou (30th August 2015), Malgorzata (12th September 2015), MorningSong (31st August 2015), transiten (30th August 2015), Wind (30th August 2015)

21. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    I'm sorry to say this sounds like the worst propaganda from the racist/fascist factions in Sweden. That said I don't think all pple voting for the Swedish Democrats are racists but they don't understand what forces they are driven by and their background in Nazi ideologies. Most pple just see the problems that arise with the fugitifs coming here and it's easier to put the blame on them than to deal with the powerstructures that govern our planet.

Also I don't trust every prophesy one can find in an old book be it the Bible, the Quoran or Bhagavad Gita. Nostradamus also predicted the conflicts that will arise between Islam and The Western cultures but not the final outcome. Channeling also is a tricky thing and can be distorted by the reciever or the source might not be the most benevolent.

A prophecy can also be a warning saying if we continue like this, this and this might happen.

So if we can foresee something we have the possibility to change the outcome right.

Please focus on practicing Free Will. If we believe in absolute determinism we can just as well shut Avalon down.
    prophecies can be changed , if we the people change the way we think and take responsibility for our world ... if we don't the words of Henoch could not be any clearer ... sadly this is a prophecy that dates back 8,000 years ... and our world has marched right along , climate change, A.I. , Bio=chipping , plastic credit cards , the man saw a possible future and wrote words to help humanity wake up and have a chance at a better future ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

transiten (30th August 2015), Violet (30th August 2015)

23. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Meanwhile there is still an ongoing social debate about both the generations following the migrants from the 60-70s stream as well as the latter group itself. A different type of migration. Western Europe was industrially expanding at a very fast pace and in urgent need of labourers. So they also invited labourers from outside of the country (e.g. Italy) and overseas (Turkey, Morocco). The leaflets they distributed said something along the lines of: Would you like to build a new life, come and work here.

So, the original migrants' motives were economically inspired. And following that line of thought, it is no surprise that their original intent was (as the Polish do now) to come and work for a while, collect their earnings, and return home to build that future. But for some reason, I'm still reading up on that, return was continuously postponed.

Perhaps the earnings were not sufficient, perhaps they were asked to stay a little longer for more projects, I don't know. Either way, the migrants stayed a whole while longer. And their expanding short stay became difficult to combine with the family they left behind in the homeland, which was awaiting the fruits of this adventure. And so the migrants brought their wife and children here to stay with them, just for the duration of the working period.

As time passed by, the children were settling in the Belgian schools and making Belgian friends. It would be a hard task reintegrating them in their home country's school system again. And the parents postponed the return yet again, "but just until the children get married."

Well, the children got married and it appeared again not so easy to leave. Obviously their children who grew up here were not so eager to make a joint return with their parents. And the parents in turn abhorred the idea of being in the homeland without their children. In Mediteranean cultures, children take care of their parents when they grow old. But if they return alone, then who is going to look after them?

Long story short, the return didn't happen.

And there is also another layer in the social evolution from arrival up to the present. When the migrants arrived with the idea of a near future return they weren't motivated to delve into what they experience as a difficult local language. They tried to get by with a bit of French and gestures. And because the idea of return remained, numerously postponed though it be, this motivation remained absent.

As a result, the first migrants (ages averag. 70), still don't speak the local language very well. Their children and their children's children and so on, are also experiencing language problems, even though they went through the whole school system. This has been the subject of various studies. An often cited conclusion is lack of incentive in the home sphere. The originals never spoke it with their children. The children got it from school and mixed it up with their home language and created a contact language which appears hard to correct to the standard language, this is in turn being a prerequisite both for being taken seriously tout court and for a succesful professional carreer and so on.

There is also a lot of delinquency and negative feelings of unwantedness, combined with discrimination and difficulties both to socialise with locals to the extent that locals would consider it a succesful integration as well as being socialised with, first step coming from the locals. Hesitations remain.

There is another layer in this social evolution where locals and migrants ventured on intercultural relations, some as advanced as into marriage but negative experiences are most highlighted and only led to more distrust and resentment on both sides.

And so we have, well not quite ghettos, but definitely marked neighbourhoods: a Spanish quarter, a Turkish quarter, a Jewish quarter, an African quarter, a Moroccan quarter, a Chinese quarter, ...

We have only just reached the stage where some hope was being put in the 3rd and 4th generations who are starting to find their place in society, starting to feel part of it, starting to feel entitled, starting to feel so many positive things.

They speak the language much better than their predecessors, are doing better in school, and doing better professionally (not going to expand on all the "but"s right now). And just as these steps in the right directions are being made, the people feel that now, with the next migrant stream, we have to start all over again...

It leads to a certain tiredness, gloom. Generally the locals don't think the first group succeeded very well, despite various and different policies going from extreme leftist to centre-right. Other influx after the first wave, mostly war refugees (Somali, Afghan, African), I have the impression of being thrown on the same pile, which is not fair because they haven't been here equally long and whatever research, it should be measured accordingly.

What I can recommed is: use this valuable experience to do it differently. This doesn't have to be an "all over again". When the conclusion must be that integration and language policies have not generated desired results over a span of 40-50 years, then the first thing to be doing is abandon the previous approach, and for everyone (locals and migrants alike) to abandon their previous mentality...and try something entirely different.

Source: me, with an ancestor who arrived in the 70s.
    Last edited by Violet; 30th August 2015 at 10:38. Reason: updating, format, spelling

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

hohoemi (30th August 2015), Iloveyou (31st August 2015), transiten (30th August 2015)

25. Link to Post #35
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks

To inform the readers of this forum:

* Belgium is entitled to the probably worst reputation in the world as a colonial power: our "ancestors" are responsible for the death of several millions of African people in 19th-century Congo, and for systematically sabotaging any possible progress the independent state of Congo might have had – in fact we could call Belgian pre-independence policy as a visionary policy of de-development avant la lettre – our political "leaders" in the 40s and 50s made sure that NO higher education was "wasted" on the Congolese not-even-Belgian-citizens, and consequently decided to have the one politician standing up to this despotism, Patrice Lumumba, killed,

* Belgians have distinguished themselves by their vicious collaboration during the 30s and the Second World War in rounding up and betraying Jewish citizens and immigrants – compensated for, it needs to be said, by an equally strong support from Belgians who helped and hid families in their homes and in religious institutions,

* the migrants arriving in Belgium in the 60s, and speaking languages like Berber, Moroccan Arabic and Turkish, were at the times systematically exploited by their Belgian employers, unable as they were to properly understand employment contracts, social security, security rules on the industrial sites – their unease with the local languages actually suiting their employers and Belgian authorities very well,

* Belgium has the unpleasant reputation of displaying almost East-European percentages of racism in attitudes towards their coloured fellow citizens, shown by proven discrimination with regard to housing (finding decent apartments and houses to rent), employment (systematic hidden discrimination, hiding behind the "wish of the customer"), and social interaction (access to leisure venues such as bars, restaurants etc.),

* complete unwillingness on the part of the Belgian population to learn (part of) any of the languages of their new fellow citizens, and that in spite of the well-known Belgian mastery of the languages Portugalgarve, Hispanotorremolinos and Spaghettitaliano, [on a personal note: being active in education of adults, I advocated, 20 years ago, the creation of a Latin-Arabic secondary-school curriculum along side Latin-Greek, Latin-Math, Latin-Science, Modern Languages etc., but was turned an icy shoulder; now people are saying that we "should have done that 20 years ago"],

* Belgium had complete disdain for the tenets of real Islam, considered by the vast majority of the Belgian population as a barbaric religion – thereby of course parroting what the Empire's propaganda has always trumpeted.

What I think the Belgians should do is:

* start a vast and country-wide cultural and economic effort to follow, empathise, support (and also invest in) the rebuilding of society in Congo, welcoming languages such as Swahili and Lingala as languages taught in the school curriculum, actively engaging populations there and here, building bridges,

* eradicate racism in employment, housing and social interaction, creating not a "multicultural" but a "pluricultural" or even "trans-cultural" environment, making amends for historical mistakes (including anti-Semitism (which is of course not anti-Zionism) and curbing the idiotic suprematist prejudices through a revalorisation of the educational role of schools,

* allow the languages of (at least) Standard Arabic, Moroccan Arabic, Berber, Turkish and Kurdish to be studied at school,

* strengthen the interreligious dialogue (efforts to do so have been under way, especially originating from Catholicism, during the last twenty years) and participate in it, instead of indulging in their consumerist and death-bound materialist "culture" – which, by the way, is the most important criticism coloured people have for Belgian society, that we are "so materialist", by which they do not mean that we do not give them enough money, but that we have lost all sense of transcendental values and a spiritual outlook.

Until we do so, and until we remove from power those who seek to hamper such a truly "humanitarian" evolution, we can only expect the worst.

Are we on the side of fascination for death, or are we on the side of life, which means life as death-transcending life?

We have to envision a course for society that is morally just and pursues the True, the Good and the Beautiful, and we have to incarnate that on earth.
    Last edited by Sierra; 3rd September 2015 at 20:55.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Apophenia (26th September 2015), hohoemi (30th August 2015), Iloveyou (31st August 2015), MalteseKnight (30th August 2015), Selkie (30th August 2015), Violet (30th August 2015), Wind (30th August 2015)

27. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Your honesty is much valued, Michel. And contrary to what you seem to perceive, I don't see it as a correction, but rather a completion.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet For This Post:

MalteseKnight (30th August 2015)

29. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Thanks Michel for this clarifying info about Belgiums brutal colonial history. Sweden also had a colony in the West Indies for that matter.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Apophenia (26th September 2015), MalteseKnight (30th August 2015)

31. Link to Post #38
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

@Zampano and all readers: the "officious" (as opposed to the official) story of this horrific incident in Austria makes no logical sense whatsoever; anyone with half a brain must realize leaving a truck with valid (or not) 69 suffocated persons in a refrigeration truck (which we in Germany thanks to MSM have been told) makes no logical sense whatsoever; who in their right mind would leave 69 refugees in a truck to suffocate whose licence plates/their owners can be TRACED?-

I tend to think the four arrested persons (according to German MSM) are nothing more than patsies and there is something much more sinister behind this; I certainly don't have the answer to this but I think the official story about this is a lie-

Larry

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Selkie (30th August 2015), Sérénité (30th August 2015), Violet (30th August 2015)

33. Link to Post #39
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,094 times in 870 posts

Does anyone by any chance, have any statistical info on the numbers of refugees for the past few months coming to EU countries in comparison to previous months/years?

Has it vastly increased?

I only ask, as I am in line with Cardillac's line of thought stated above that, this huge upsurge and influx being reported on over the past few weeks seems to be a very sudden directed media focus on what is really a very long standing issue that's gone vastly hidden under the carpet and dismissed...

As I'm aware, by September 2013, some 2 million refugees had fled Syria alone and took shelter in neighbouring countries and slowly, further afield. In one week alone back in January 1,000 drowned in the sea's of the Med escaping Libya.
    Many more huge incidents have occured on a regular basis.
    Yet 69 poor souls are found in a lorry under 'strange' circumstances yet the spotlight is fixed and the world watches suddenly.

This gives slight credence to thoughts that this long standing issue is something suddenly being made a larger media focus of attention of, for the sake of a larger agenda about to come to pass...
    Last edited by Sérénité; 30th August 2015 at 23:14. Reason: typo's
    💫 🌎 If you can see through the illusion,
    you are part of the solution 🌍 💫

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Shannon (31st August 2015), Violet (31st August 2015)

35. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

It's going to take a while before stable and representative (whatever that means in these affairs) EU stats are going to become available of this. As Zampano pointed out earlier, bureaucracy is becoming untenable with the numbers that are coming in on a daily basis.

However, individual countries are already giving numbers in their daily reports.
    Just this morning, for instance, 600 refugees were (radio) reported standing in line at the Immigration office in Brussels.

Official numbers for Belgium are available on the website of the Commissioner General for Refugees and Stateless: http://www.cgrs.be/en/figures

From oldest to newest:

2009: 17.186 applications
    2010: 19.941 applications
    2011: 25.479 applications
    2012: 21.463 applications
    2013: 15.840 applications
    2014: 17.213 applications

We have to wait for a 2015 total, but the monthly results can be consulted.
    This article has a short English discussion of the first half year of 2015: http://brusselstimes.com/belgium/396...uary-and-july:

Quote Between January and July 31st, 2015, 12,033 people, including 684 unaccompanied under-18s, applied for asylum to the Immigration Service (Office des Etrangers), of which 8,768 were men and 3,365 women.

These figures speak volumes, according to the Immigration Service; indeed, for the entire year 2014, it recorded 17,213 asylum seekers (11,744 men and 5,469 women), including 486 unaccompanied under-18s. During the first six months of 2015, the five most represented nationalities among the applications were Iraqi, Syrian, Afghan, Somalian and Guinean, the first time that Somalia has appeared in the "top 5".
    And the latest updates:

Another Austrian van find, just in time: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0aec9f353852c

And are these the same children that later on disappeared from the hospital?
    3 Syrians disappear from Austrian hospital: http://www.ibtimes.com/syrian-refuge...milies-2074415

Zampano, here's bureaucracy Light, speeding things up a bit:

Refugees have to learn the language to find a job (http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/politiek/1.2428785) (A fair request, you will need language for living, but I read it with mixed feelings, making people believe they can actually find job if just they learn the language)

Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs has thé solution to stop the migrant stream: European countries should simply follow Australia's example and join the international coalition to bomb isis: http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20150831_01841603

Slovakian police free 59 refugees from 2 vans: http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20150830_01840567
    Last edited by Violet; 31st August 2015 at 07:54.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Apophenia (26th September 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast