Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Mandela Effect and alternative timelines

1. Link to Post #1
    Jamaica Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,160 times in 444 posts

Default The Mandela Effect and alternative timelines

Sex in the City or Sex and the City?

Interview with a Vampire or Interview with the Vampire?

from Jim Stone Freelance
    http://82.221.129.208/ae2index.html

Quote I am now confident I am not living in my original timeline.

And I got strong evidence that millions of people, if not all people, are not living in their original timelines. I think something happened.

The very first thing I noticed was that 20 years or so ago, Nelson Mandela died in prison, only to discover 20 years later he was still alive with no record of any prison. The second thing I noticed a few years ago was that the Berenstein bears were suddenly the Berenstain bears, which hit my gut odd, and I wondered why they changed it. As it turns out, in this timeline it was never changed. All the books, going all the way back say Berenstain. This was successfully talked down But there are now TWO NEW ENORMOUS NUKES THAT ARE NOT GOING AWAY, AND THEY ARE SEX IN THE CITY IS NOW SEX AND THE CITY, AND THE GIANT JESUS STATUES OF PERU AND BRAZIL.

Ok, now I have cold hard proof of Sex in the City, in the form of intrinsic evidence which proves that EVERYONE LIVING thinks it is supposed to be "Sex in the City". A simple google search that does the search in a way that denies Google the ability to correct the search results in a unanimous public consensus that YES, it always was "sex in the city":

Note the locations of the publications listed here: We have publications in America, airline blogs, and publications in Israel that say it was sex in the city, and ADDITIONALLY, a pirate perfume company in China that thought it was sex in the city. This proves that this phenomenon was global, and not just a local glitch at the local station, where someone there titled it wrong. Yet when you do an uncorrected search on Google, all Google will say is that it is and always was "sex and the city" and when you do a google image search titled "SEX IN THE CITY" it autocorrects and only puts up graphics of "Sex and the City" even if you try to force it to only give results for "sex in the city" because in this timeline, only the public conscience has it remembered as "sex in the city" which will show up in text people have written, while the hard physical reality has it as "sex and the city".

How big was the Rio Jesus anyway?
    You know, that GIANT Jesus statue they have down there in Brazil, that in (at least my) original timeline dwarfed the entire town? I specifically remember that particular Jesus was over 300 feet tall, and that there was another giant Jesus in Peru that was just under 400 feet tall. How tall are they now? GET THIS: Neither are as tall as a 10 story building now! They look like ordinary large statues a big church might put up! And as it turns out, there is not a single Jesus statue anywhere in the world now that is over 120 feet tall when the base is subtracted!

And I do not know what to make of this.
    All I can do is guess either something happened in our original timeline and a new one was created with errors in the details (which would pretty much prove we live in a simulation and not a real universe) or someone gained the ability to mess with the timeline and unwittingly change certain details in the recent past (which is as far back as they can go without risking their own time travel technology messing up their prospects of return.) It would make sense then that if they messed up the past, that would be our reality, but it did not go that way, something is seriously messed up.

One thing is certain, my memory is not messed up, "Sex in the city" proves it!

I can only hope it is the white hats messing with the timeline to give us a chance, like in the latest Terminator movie. I can only hope . . . . . because if it is the bad guys doing this, they already won and if no one is messing with the timeline, we might be living as a simulation in a CPU that had a crash, and merged us with a different but very similar parallel database.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to jake gittes For This Post:

amor (6th September 2015), CarnageCandy (28th September 2015), DeDukshyn (5th September 2015), Ewan (7th September 2015), guayabal (12th May 2016), joeecho (28th September 2015), Magnus (5th September 2015), naste.de.lumina (5th September 2015), Pamela (18th November 2015), raregem (16th September 2015), seleka (9th June 2016), skyflower (5th September 2015), SR19 (5th September 2015), sunflower (6th September 2015), sunpaw (9th September 2015), toppy (5th September 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Jamaica Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Mandela Effect and alternative timelines

What got me interested in the subject was the topic of time travel. Among the many things I imagine doing as a time traveler is going back & buying a building. I'd have to take melted gold because nobody would ever take the currency. (Hmm, theory for the disappearance of so much gold?) Then I'd buy a few classic muscle cars at that day's prices and stick 'em in there, then deed it to myself to get later. (Hey, I figured I deserved a little reward for either warning JFK or at least recording all kinds of evidence in Dealey Plaza from multiple angles, not to mention doing some "wet work" off the coast of Georgia in 1913... )

Recently, I came across a two-year old story I missed (or did I?) that made my imagination go hmmmmm.....

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/news/au...by-vanderbrink (check out the photos)

Quote In more than 30 years of reading car publications old and new, I can never recall a stash of so many cars with so few miles surfacing as the never-sold Chevrolets in the Lambrecht Collection (Old Cars Weekly, July 4 and July 11).

In case you’re still catching up on past issues, nearly 50 vehicles with odometers registering between 1 and 50 miles and still on the manufacturer’s statement of origin (MSO, the document included from a new car dealer), will be offered Sept. 28 by VanDerBrink Auctions in Pierce, Neb.

Yvette VanDerBrink has been shooting images of the cars as she unearths them, and they’re a treat so far: a 1958 Chevrolet Apache Cameo with 1.3 miles; a 1964 Impala Sport Coupe with 4 miles; a 1963 Impala Sport Coupe with 11 miles; first-generation Corvair coupes with less than 20 miles. Many of them still have the window stickers on the side glass and Chevy-poured oil in the crankcases.
    - See more at: http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/news/au....Bm7xNZRQ.dpuf
    Last edited by jake gittes; 5th September 2015 at 00:44.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jake gittes For This Post:

joeecho (28th September 2015), Magnus (5th September 2015), Maknocktomb (5th September 2015), sunflower (6th September 2015), toppy (5th September 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 times in 220 posts

Interesting.... I also remember it being "sex in the city" but when I google it, it shows up "sex AND the city".
    For me it was "interview with A vampire".

I just googled up the Corcovado in Rio de Janeiro , and I am shocked to see the Jesus statue is not the same as I remember. I have visited Corcovado numerous times growing up, and the Google pics are showing a different pic. First of all, the statue is Supposed to be HUGE...I remember the base of the statue filling up the peak of that hill, but now it just looks like a stick sticking out on top of a hill. Actually, it's entirely a different statue, not just the size.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skyflower For This Post:

GoingOn (5th September 2015), joeecho (28th September 2015), Magnus (5th September 2015), Meggings (29th September 2015), sunflower (6th September 2015), toppy (5th September 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 times in 352 posts

In my opinion, it is "Sex in the City" and discrepancies pointing to anything else, are either manipulated, not genuine or belong to a parallel reality, relatively speaking. The discrepancies could also imply that we have been successfully mind controlled. Very interesting observation!
    Last edited by Magnus; 5th September 2015 at 15:42.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Magnus For This Post:

Franny (29th September 2015), joeecho (28th September 2015), skyflower (6th September 2015), sunflower (6th September 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Jamaica Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Magnus (here)
    In my opinion, it is "Sex in the City" and discrepancies pointing to anything else, are either manipulated, not genuine or belong to a parallel reality, relatively speaking. The discrepancies could also imply that we have been successfully mind controlled. Very interesting observation!
    Exactly, Magnus. Well-stated. You and skyflower are both correct in your memories. Those titles have been changed. Whether it's a parallel reality/matrix glitch/time traveling tampering or mind kontrol psyop, those things have been changed/manipulated. skyflower: others have noted the enormous change in those statues.

I'm actually really surprised this hasn't generated more responses, especially in this forum. People are always looking for some kind of evidence to support the numerous, alternative theories. This is definitely evidence of something extraordinary.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jake gittes For This Post:

joeecho (28th September 2015), Magnus (5th September 2015), skyflower (6th September 2015), sunflower (6th September 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 times in 395 posts

Is it Berenstein or Berenstain bears

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/...ticle25972071/

Quote This theory was first propagated, humorously, in science blogs last winter, but was recently reanimated by an article in Vice magazine and then in the A.V. Club, the Huffington Post and everywhere else. To underline the fluidity of reality, enthusiasts are spelling the disputed name Berenst#in.

Most of the articles claimed that there are several such widely held historical false memories. They refer to something supposedly called the Mandela Effect: This theory has it that many people believe that Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 1980s. There are conspiracy-theory websites claiming that if so many people have such a false memory, then this un-fact could also have existed in a parallel universe that we somehow got a glimpse of.
    Be careful when wandering in the woods... The wolf may approach you... And if you are approached by a solitary wolf... It is not a wolf at all!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarMar For This Post:

Magnus (5th September 2015), skyflower (6th September 2015), sunflower (6th September 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

I remember it as Sex in the City and vaguely, that there was some sort of change for the new season of shows.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to amor For This Post:

Magnus (6th September 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 times in 322 posts

I don't have any specific memory of time shifts that I can personally recall. However, I do remember reading about this incident years ago on StarFire Tor's yahoo group list.

A message from Whitley: "Starfire Tor is one of the most extraordinary people I know. Anne and I have witnessed numerous documented shifts through space and time as a result of being with her and knowing her." This interview chronicles some of those experiences and documents an astonishing and massive event involving the Los Angeles fires that Starfire predicted at 9:55 AM on Monday, August 31 on her Facebook page, and which happened--against all meteorological expectations--on Tuesday, exactly as she predicted.

Listen as Whitley and Starfire and her close friend Brandon Scott describe timeslips and tell how we can all become sensitive to this very real phenomenon and use it in our lives. In addition, Anne corroborates a stunner of a timeshift that happened to her and Starfire at the Magic Castle Townhouse in Los Angeles, and was witnessed by Whitley.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunflower For This Post:

Ewan (7th September 2015), jake gittes (6th September 2015), Magnus (8th September 2015), skyflower (7th September 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,090 times in 2,402 posts

Wow! It was DEFINITELY 'Interview with A Vampire' and 'Sex IN the City'. I never watched the latter but it was everywhere at one point so you could hardly miss it, and the former was one of my favourite movies back in the day. I used to have the DVD and wish I still had as I am now so curious as to what the cover and disc would read. Someone should ask Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt or Christian Slater if they remember what the film was called.

Back in April or May this year there was a thread about a missing day and/or being confused about what day it was. There were a lot of us sharing that experience, that a day had seemed to go missing. I personally remember being confused for three or four days about what day it was supposed to be.

How interesting.

edit
    Did an ebay search for both film titles and lot's of sellers of used DVD's know what it was called despite the pictures all showing the new title though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sex-in-the...item3f52fb39c5
    Last edited by Ewan; 7th September 2015 at 12:45. Reason: Add a link and further info

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Magnus (8th September 2015), raregem (16th September 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Zaya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 times in 310 posts

I have been really wrapped up in the Mandela Effect for the last month or so... It all started when my boss told me about the BerenstAin bears, and my mind was blown. I was a huge huge reader of the BerenstEin bears growing up. I had about 15-20 of the books (in my estimation) as well as some limited edition versions that had sound effects that went along with them. I also not only watched the show, but had the VHS tapes of the Berenstein Christmas and Easter specials. I was really into it. Everyone in my life -- teachers, parents, friends, sister -- pronounced it Beren-steen, and I vividly remember it being spelled Berenstein. I even went around asking my parents if they "remembered the books and TV show about the country bears that I used to read" and not one of them remembered it being Berenstain. This really baffled my mind. Why would we mispronounce it so badly if it was spelled with "stain" in it? It's such a far stretch from "steen" in terms of linguistics.

I also have watched every single episode of Sex and the City about 3/4 times through, and I have the entire collection on DVD. I remember it being Sex in the City like many of you. Granted... I am less convinced this one has changed only because I am thinking it is possible that I just always heard it as "Sex 'N the city" when people talked about it and maybe I just glazed past the text on it? When I really push myself to picture it, my brain is unsure of my memories now.

I will say I have done a lot of research on this topic, and there is a theory out there involving something called "Quantum Suicide". the very boiled down explanation for it is that when you are put in a situation that should kill you, on a quantum level, your consciousness won't let you die, so you jump to the closest iteration of the dimensional plane that you are on. A lot of people who experience the Mandela effect have reported near death experiences, including me. I was hit by a car as a child. Just putting that out there. If you are really interested in learning more, research Quantum Suicide or Mandela Effect and NDE's. I found a lot out from that.
    "The only wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." -Socrates

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zaya For This Post:

DarMar (8th September 2015), GoingOn (9th September 2015), hohoemi (28th September 2015), sunpaw (9th September 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I remember it as 'Sex and the City' - and I never watched it because of that. It made no sense - to me (while 'in' does somehow).

However I had the 'Mandela effect' with different people and just recently also with TV shows, were I was sure they were rapped up - yet continue.
    I am not sure how the quantum suicide can be an explanation for many 'small' incidents noticed.
    Does that mean the person had one near death experience and notices differences now or does that mean the person 'dies quiet often' and has a memory of before?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sunpaw For This Post:

Ewan (15th September 2015)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Zaya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 times in 310 posts

Quote Posted by sunpaw (here)
    I remember it as 'Sex and the City' - and I never watched it because of that. It made no sense - to me (while 'in' does somehow).

However I had the 'Mandela effect' with different people and just recently also with TV shows, were I was sure they were rapped up - yet continue.
    I am not sure how the quantum suicide can be an explanation for many 'small' incidents noticed.
    Does that mean the person had one near death experience and notices differences now or does that mean the person 'dies quiet often' and has a memory of before?
    I am not quite sure of the answer since I basically garnered the information spanning over thousands of comments I read with people's personal experiences (both on reddit and on Mandelaeffect.com). I sort of went a little crazy and dug really deep into those comments and personal stories, and I did not save the ones that stuck out to me. Let me browse through and see if I can't find some quotes from those sites on what those people had to say. I will update this post when I do.

UPDATE:
    From Mandelaeffect.com comments:

Quote Shaun says: I remember that movie called The Candidate also, I never heard of The Campaign. I also remember Jane Goodall the gorilla researcher was murdered in 1985 by poachers but now she is still alive. I also died in 1998 but I came back and I thought I had a near death experience when I went into the light but now I see that I am not in the same world I started out in. I have noticed many other strange things like the Berenstein Bears never existed here they are called the Berenstain Bears, the space shuttle challenger exploded in 1985 not 1986, Billy Graham died in 2009 but he is still alive, Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 1980’s but here he died in 2013, Fidel Castro died in 2011 but he is still alive, Japan was further south than it is now, Sri Lanka was south of India not southeast, New Zealand was east of Australia not southeast, I think Australia was further south too. I also had an angel visit me in 2009 and he said “He shows you great favor! Why don’t you serve Him?! Why don’t you serve Him?!” but that angel looked like me and had my voice, it really freaked me out for years. I think we have a quantum consciousness and it can entangle with another you in another timeline and jump because when I died and went into the light I knew I was not done and came back out and went into my body again but it was another me in another timeline obviously because this is not the same world I used to be in with all theses land masses in the wrong place and dead people walking around. It’s the only thing that makes sense.
    Quote From Edward:

I personally believe this happened to me and makes more sense. I personally believe the mandela effect is very real and might have ties to the “quantum immortalit” theory.

I was involved in a double rollover car accident with a truck. But my memories before the impact don’t match up with what followed. The vehicle that hit me and the driver all seemed VERY different.

I was told that the probability of me surviving that accident was 17%. That means, in 83% of the possible realities, I was smashed to death. This might explain the abrupt inconsistencies I noticed.

I remember TAPS, Berenstein bears, and a few other examples clearly. My memory is generally pretty good.
    Quote From Brian: I like your website. I share the Billy Graham memory, the Tank Man memory, and I vividly remember Earnest Borgnine dying many years ago.

Regarding what happens to the “old us” when we slide, there is a concept called quantum immortality. The idea being, if we die in one reality, we may merge with an alternate version of ourselves in another reality. There was a thread about this on ATS, where a large number of people experiencing the “timeslip living dead” phenomenon had near death experiences or been in accidents in which they should have been seriously injured but weren’t. I’ve been in two car accidents in which the car was totalled but I was virtually unscathed. Perhaps I jumped into an alternate timeline in which Earnest Borgnine and some other celebrities survived long after my recollection.
    And maybe my favorite one from the mandelaeffect website:

Quote From Daniel: I think it has much to do with a “physical” death and shift of consciousness. The only thing is that it if this theory is true then most of us (singularity split over various bodies- like a broken mirror reflects all parts of the picture with subtle differences) have died around the same time.

The last major death that I can think of may have occurred around the end of 2012. During that time I experienced a lot of weird things. One was witnessing someone I knew gaze off while we were working. It was as if she was not there. Three days later she died along the interstate leaving a club. She appeared to me later that day asking me to do something that I think I have fulfilled.

Another incident was on my way to work and I was just a few minutes away from a major accident scene. Apparently, there was a small accident and the people got out of the car on the interstate. A truck did not see them and hit everyone on scene. The bodies were at opposite ends of the highway.

Third incident, I managed to swerve and not hit a huge carcass in the roadway that was the size of a cow. When I got to work I found out it was a large man. (I worked for the D.O.T.)

Soooo many things seemed to happen around that time and would take a while to detail them all. I do think that it is interesting that for some reason sometimes we know, or the person knows, of pending death 3 days before hand.

The last major phase seems to stem around 2001 and I can not say enough to emphasize that. 2014 seemed like a natural shift where things reversed and cosmos at work. 2001 seemed more like a forced change which took advantage of the consciousness as a whole.

At this time, this is the only thing that seems to answer the reasons for changes in things we know we remembered. “Quantum Immortality” as some may say.
    An explanation from a reddit user on a thread about quantum suicide:

Quote The "quantum suicide" thing really just says that your experience always continues, that there's always a next-moment. You are "a conscious perspective having a particular experience", currently a being-a-person-in-a-world experience, moment by moment. That consciousness cannot end. The theory doesn't specify the content of any next-moment though.

So if you die of old age or a car crash that you don't "reset" from, then you'll experience "something else" afterwards, depending on what makes sense.

Maybe you'll experience "floating up from your body and entering a mystical land". Or maybe you'll experience "being reborn". Or maybe you'll experience a reset, and suddenly find yourself waking up as a teenage boy in Alaska.

Whether you then are able to remember your previous "moments" is another matter.
    Another reddit user on the mandela effect sub:
    Quote You'd have a hard time convincing me otherwise...

One time, I was shot through the head. Another time I was T-Boned by a car at 60mph. Both times I should have died, but miraculously I'm still here.

One day I was telling a co-worker about it and she poo-pooed it because it didn't fit in with her philosophy/religion/worldview/whatever. The next day I was driving to work and I quickly steered my car into the right lane to make a quick right turn when the light turns green. As I made that maneuver, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw a heavy truck bearing down on me. I had read a thread on Reddit the day before about how long it takes a fully loaded truck to stop. I winced and at that moment the light turned green. As I went through the right hand turn I looked back and there was no truck there. It didn't go straight and it didn't turn right, it just vanished. When I got to work I explained to her how in one reality, they're wondering why I'm late for work and I'm lying dead flat under a truck. "Welcome to one of my Quantum Realities! Glad you're here."
    And here is a whole other thread where people debate the Mandela Effect and Quantum Suicide: https://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_t...a_effects_and/

Quote Looking back, I've noticed a common denominator. Every single one of my most prominent "glitches" and "Mandela Effect" type incidents were always directly before or after a life changing decision or incident. Whether it had been a NDE or changing my career path or even meeting a new person who had a large impact in my life.

Some may argue that this may be a personal memory loss issue, due to stress or a change in my way of thinking. Though it's hard to argue that when there were others involved in many of these "glitches" with me. Was that experience/decision so far removed from the most likely path at the time that our predestined fates had to "correct itself," so to speak, for it to have made sense?
    A long one, but good one:
    Quote I've had three NDE's in my life, as if one wasn't enough. My first NDE was in 1994, second was in 2004, and third was in 2014. (Just realized I have one every 10 years.)

Prior to each of them, I had a period of severe anxiety and panic attacks. I always seem to have a panic attack directly before something bad is going to happen. I seem to pick up on my surroundings very well. I feel like my condition has more to do with having "heightened sense of self-awareness." I always over-think and over-analyze everything, which leads to me having anxiety and panic attacks. I also have a very sharp, photographic-type memory. I can run through a specific conversation from a couple of years ago, in my mind, as if I was watching a recorded video of it. I should also mention that each of these events were out of my control.

After my first one, in 1994, my aunt was a completely different person than I had remembered her, even at my young age (10). In fact, after the NDE she was a severe crack addict who lived on the streets, prostituting. I don't recall her being this way prior to the NDE (drowning). My NDE was very unexplainable, too.

Here's the thing. In reality, I didn't drown. The strangest part was, I remember drowning; gasping for air, fighting with all that I had in me to push my face above the surface of the water, I quickly got worn out began sinking to the bottom of the pool. I had fallen into the deep end and didn't know how to swim, my mom wasn't paying attention, she was talking to the neighbor lady.

I remember struggling, no longer able to hold my breath, the water coming into my mouth then bam just like that it was like time had reset to immediately right before I had fallen into the deep end. I was completely dry, that's what has messed with my mind all these years. Needless to say, I flipped the **** out, was crying and hysterical. I told my mom and she just brushed it off, saying they hadn't seen or heard anything, that I hadn't even been in the water, I would have been wet if I did. She said it was just my imagination or probably my "guardian angel" that saved me from nearly drowning, just to quiet me, I'm guessing.

Though, it wasn't, I swear to you. I could never find an explanation for the mind-****ery that happened to me. Until I came here & began reading into this type of NDE glitch happening to others. How common it is for time to simply "reset" to before the event that killed you even happened. I never heard of Quantum Immortality until this past year, though it's the only explanation I have found so for what I experienced.

I'm absolutely terrified of water now, it was such a silent death, there was no way I could even make noise or call out for help. That experience was so life-altering, in the sense that I began to question everything around me. It's as if I had become more self-aware of my surroundings following that event.

The second one I discussed here, where a person who I had never met came into existence.

My last one, a person had completely changed in appearances directly before the NDE. I also had a foreshadowing phenomenon, which predicted the event which caused my NDE, which was odd, in itself. I don't know if it would be significant, or not. Though, I feel like I was warned before it happened. I don't know by who/what. Also, before the event, my neighbor had a buzzed haircut and was from Russia. One day, I saw him and he suddenly had long hair and he was from Mexico and had the Mexican variant of his Russian name. I was thrown back, I saw him the day before when he didn't look like this and had an entirely different accent. I asked others and they said, No, he had always been this person. He was barely recognizable and acted very different. It looked like him, but at the same time it didn't, which was very unnerving. Shortly after this is when I had my last NDE.

I know for sure that it was The BerenSTEIN Bears before the 1994 NDE. It was my favorite book. I remember even watching the cartoon, which is how I learned how to pronounce it (beren-STEEN). If it was anything different, the cartoon would have most definitely corrected my error. It was also most definitely The Interview with A Vampire before the 2014 NDE. I even had the book as a teenager, so I don't know how to explain either of those, or what exactly happened to me.

Edit: Sorry for the wall of text, will elaborate more if you'd like.
    Just some stories from people. Food for thought. But as everyone here seems to know, your personal experience of the world is yours and yours alone.
    Last edited by Zaya; 9th September 2015 at 16:21.
    "The only wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." -Socrates

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zaya For This Post:

Ewan (15th September 2015), hohoemi (28th September 2015), naste.de.lumina (29th September 2015), sunpaw (9th September 2015)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Thank you Zaya - that's amazing.

I recall Jane Godall being murdered. I found it very tragic that she couldn't get to see that her work was a big change.
    I always feel sad when I see gorillas. Gentle souls.
    I never watched the movie because of this (Jane Godall being murdered), even thinking about it makes me sad.
    A few years ago I met someone who works with Koko the gorilla lady. Even though it was incredible I also was sad. It was kind of surreal.

I remember 'Interview with A Vampire' - even though the movie seemed to be about THE Vampire - so its odd too.

Thank you for all the quotes and links. Very interesting.
    I was looking for some answers lately (again) - I didn't bother to search since I couldn't find new 'leads' - not so long ago.
    And here it is and even has a name (which didn't click either, I thought it just surrounded Nelson Mandela even though I noticed this with others..)

Thank you all.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunpaw For This Post:

Ewan (15th September 2015), lisalu (6th June 2016)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,090 times in 2,402 posts

Given the demographic of Project Avalon I'm a little puzzled this thread is not getting more attention. I personally find it fascinating, and also remember reading about Jane Goodall's murder.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

guayabal (12th May 2016), lisalu (6th June 2016), sunpaw (15th September 2015), Zaya (15th September 2015)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Does anyone feel/notice 'jumps'?

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 times in 322 posts

Quote UPDATE:
    From Mandelaeffect.com comments:

Quote Shaun says: I remember that movie called The Candidate also, I never heard of The Campaign. I also remember Jane Goodall the gorilla researcher was murdered in 1985 by poachers but now she is still alive. I also died in 1998 but I came back and I thought I had a near death experience when I went into the light but now I see that I am not in the same world I started out in.
    What an interesting thread! This is what I have remembered. Jane Goodall never died. As of 2014, she was still alive at the age of 80.

But Dian Fossey died at the age of 85. She was allegedly murdered by poachers at her research camp in Rwanda.

The movie “Gorillas in the Mist” relates her story.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to sunflower For This Post:

animovado (29th September 2015)

32. Link to Post #17
    South Africa Avalon Member arwen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,584 times in 661 posts

OK, time to fess up.

I was one of those (at the time, I thought the only one, and that I had gone insane) who clearly, and I mean clearly, remembered Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980's. I remember the media frenzy, the riots, etc. Then it all quietened down, and one month later, regular reports about him started appearing in the media again.

I was like - WTF????? And no-one, but NO-ONE else around me remembered what had happened just one month ago. I thought I had gone insane, and eventually stopped asking people about it, or risk having the men in white coats showing up.

So you can imagine my relief to discover that there are a few others who recall it as clearly as I did. I LIVED it, experienced it.

To this day, I have no satisfactory explanation for it - did I enter a parallel universe by mistake? Was the timeline altered, and if so why was I the only one (at the time) who noticed? Was it a projected military experiment on a few targeted individuals to make them have a " screen" experience that was at odds with everyone else?

To this day, I do not know, and have parked it in the "possibly never to be explained" category.

- arwen

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arwen For This Post:

conk (28th September 2015), Franny (29th September 2015), hohoemi (28th September 2015), naste.de.lumina (29th September 2015), sunwings (3rd October 2016)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

excellent thread...I remember interview with A vampire, and Sex IN the city.....I also have a few memories of things I learnt as a child, that all of a sudden became so very wrong/not true, like ridiculously not true, it confused the hell out of me. I am not confident enough to mention them as the only ones I can think of are crazy. (maybe I had an amazing imagination, who knows) But I was so adamant that it was 'truth' as a child, still confuses me today. Cant really explain myself properly, but this thread is fantastic - thank you! x

35. The Following User Says Thank You to CarnageCandy For This Post:

arwen (29th September 2015)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

How is it that no one is talking about this??This is some serious stuff,i also remember mandela dying in the 80's!!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Arpheus For This Post:

arwen (29th September 2015)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,324 times in 2,101 posts

Interesting stuff. I remember Mandela getting out of prison in 1992 I believe it was and BarenstiEin Bears, Sex in THE City, Interview With THE Vampire.

All very mixed up.

This reminds me of an article I read years ago about a young woman waking up in LA Cali to go to work one morning, not feeling too well and seeing odd things in her apartment. Some things were different colors, missing, in different places or items she didn't remember having.

She drove to work but found to her great confusion that she had stopped working there a while back and was working someplace else. In a panic she went to her sister's and she was no longer living in the same place. She finally found her but she was married and hadn't been the day before...and more discrepancies. I believe it had been an article in the LA Times.

I haven't seen anything about Mandella dying in the 80s but have seen the Barenstein/Barenstain Bears. If this is about a time shift it makes no sense that it's now spelled with an 'a' and there are still many references to the 'e' spelling from the past.

Wouldn't all 'e' spellings have been replaced by the 'a' spelling in the new timeline?

That could imply that time shifts merge, separate and contain elements of many timelines.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

arwen (29th September 2015), hohoemi (29th September 2015), Zaya (29th September 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast