1. Link to Post #41
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: The Jacques Nietzermann hoax

Quote Posted by WillGKraft (here)
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Will G Kraft and I created Jacques Nietzermann (Yes it's all fake). ...

Will
    Well ... Welcome to Avalon!
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 24th November 2015 at 03:26.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Atlas (24th November 2015), Nasu (25th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,226 times in 32,909 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    mods, shouldn't we put both thread together, Nietzermann and Mockumentary?

Hi everyone!

My name is Will G Kraft and I created Jacques Nietzermann (Yes it's all fake). Thank you for all the efforts you put in debunking it.
    I've already answered many questions in the radio show, but if some things are still unclear, please ask!

Will
    All three threads merged, and the title changed to The Jacques Nietzermann hoax.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (24th November 2015), DeDukshyn (24th November 2015), Nasu (25th November 2015)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,226 times in 32,909 posts

My own questions to Will Kraft:

1) Why did you knowingly create a hoax? Please reply honestly and without hubris. While it'd been very clear for a while that it was indeed all faked, in your post above I have to say that you come across as being seemingly rather proud of it.

That may not endear you to many in the alternative community — who have been lied to, played with, and deceived by way too many people for way too long. There will still be many thousands out there who are still believing all this is real.

Which leads to

2) Why didn't you use your evident skills and ability to make a documentary about the truth?

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (24th November 2015), avid (24th November 2015), Bob (24th November 2015), DeDukshyn (24th November 2015), ErtheVessel (24th November 2015), Flash (24th November 2015), Innocent Warrior (24th November 2015), Magnus (24th November 2015), Nasu (25th November 2015), seko (24th November 2015), Spirithorse (24th November 2015)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    My own questions to Will Kraft:

1) Why did you knowingly create a hoax? Please reply honestly and without hubris. While it'd been very clear for a while that it was indeed all faked, in your post above I have to say that you come across as being seemingly rather proud of it.

That may not endear you to many in the alternative community — who have been lied to, played with, and deceived by way too many people for way too long. There will still be many thousands out there who are still believing all this is real.

Which leads to

2) Why didn't you use your evident skills and ability to make a documentary about the truth?
    I do not want to suppress Will Karaft's respond these questions but I felt have to write my answer as an obvious logic from a regular folk.

1-) Did you ask same question to Daniel Myrick and Eduardo Sanchez and 250 million people why they did watch that crap?

2-)Do you know how many jobless screen writers waiting on the bench at cold days in Toronto and Montreal to be discovered by Big brother's Hollywood.
    Do you know how many application received at Toronto Film festival at documentary
    level and they never saw the the short list?
    In reality , A Documentary on truth subject does not bring food to the table.
    If a person looking carrier on entertainment businesses, His/her code of ethic does not match with mass's expectation.
    This is my own humble opinion as a regular folk.

http://www.meetup.com/screenwriters-240/

http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Writers-Group/
    Last edited by Tangri; 24th November 2015 at 06:47.
    Love and Hope

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Atlas (24th November 2015), Nasu (25th November 2015)

9. Link to Post #45
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

4 years ago, a French guy said that Jacques killed his uncle and that he has the original court documents from the time it happened:

Quote Posted by xxx
    Hello,

I am XXX XXXX , allow me to intervene in place to give you the information, because they do not want to hear more of "nonsense" in this story:

This man named Jacques Nietzermann. It's French.
    Sentenced in 1958 to a term of 45 years for murder, impossible to find because it was in fuga.Encontrado in his native region, in France, 22 years later, he was arrested and then imprisoned to make his sentence 45 years . He lived in the Sarthe (dep 72) like me.
    He made ​​several victims. He killed my uncle.
    I think have been quite clear.
    What this video comes so impresses me and heard, was known for his visions of the future!
    This guy should have today 72 years , but had to be released.
    I have selected a file with the documentation of the time with the trial.
    I assure you that this duty swells me to talk about all this.
    Where I can post here the documents ?
    What is the process?

Source: http://universoinfinito11.blogspot.c...-su-video.html
    ----------------------------------------------------

E-mail Reply from the YouTube publisher
    Posted in 2012 by Martintruther.com:

I wrote to the e-mail address at the end of the video asking for more info and received this reply:

Quote "Hi,

As you can imagine, I've received many new e-mails. Sorry again for this blanket answer.

I didn't want my personal e-mail address posted on Youtube, so I put up a new one I created from my initials. This has nothing to do with any marketing company, or competition.

I digitized the original footage - from U-matic, - and added subtitles to it. A French friend of mine did the translation. I didn't make any cuts to the material. What you see is everything that was on the tape.

From what the guy was saying, I guessed the shooting year and I added "1980" in the frame corner.

I was really disturbed when I first saw this footage. I posted it on YouTube in the hopes of learning more about the man claiming to be the psychic. I didn't expect to have so many angry reactions.

I don't know who this guy is or was. I'm very anxious to know more. It's important to me, but I'd rather not get into that.

The two leads I found in the posts:

- Someone posted a screenshot on aufeminin.com which supposedly shows the same psychic in the audience of "L'Heure de Verite", a French TV show presented by Francois-Henri de Virieu in the 80's. The person who posted it didn't say which video it was from - it might be a load of Bull... anyway it doesn't give us the identity of the psychic, since he's just in the audience.

- Someone said the man was Albert Florintie but nobody found anything on him.

I've decided to remain anonymous here.

I am not willing to share how I got my hands on the original tape. If you'd rather believe I made it myself, that's fine too - and probably more reassuring.

Personally, I give far more credibility to this video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=l4VuAeUO6yI

2012 will be just like any other year.

I don't believe in psychics.
    I don't believe in aliens.

Have a great 2012… and 2013!

Peace,

HM

PS: In answer to the many technical questions: the original footage was on a 3/4" U-matic tape which I digitized to FinalCutPro in HD through a MNR11 noise reducer. I re-EQ'd the soundtrack, added the subtitles and the "1980" in HD on FinalCutPro, exported it in HD and uploaded it to YouTube - that's actually my day job.
    Source: https://www.facebook.com/notes/marti...51144557050468
    Last edited by Atlas; 24th November 2015 at 08:06.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

DeDukshyn (3rd December 2015), Nasu (25th November 2015), provolon (2nd December 2015)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Hi everyone!

My name is Will G Kraft and I created Jacques Nietzermann (Yes it's all fake). Thank you for all the efforts you put in debunking it.
    I've already answered many questions in the radio show, but if some things are still unclear, please ask!

Will
    Welcome to the forum. I understand some will be angry at your fakery, for good reason, we have all been lied to far too much. However, that being said, well done done, what a cool mystery you weaved, if you don't mind, like others I am sure I would love to hear how you did it so well, then got it to catch fire like that, very impressive. I take my hat off to you, if you did do it of course...

Did I ever tell you about me being the capo of anonymous? Or the time Mr Sino and I cavorted about "dune surfing" down a vast mountain of money....???

So, in good faith, now that you have claimed this, can you please tell us about it? Many thanks in advance.... N

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Shannon (3rd December 2015), WillGKraft (4th December 2015)

13. Link to Post #47
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your questions about Nietzermann. I was expecting some bitterness too, and some of you are expressing it.

First of all most of the questions you ask are answered in the Jimmy Church radio show, and you can find it here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHUm_eeIkeQ
    The actual itw starts at minute 32.

Questions 1 from Bill Ryan:
    Why did you knowingly create a hoax? Please reply honestly and without hubris. While it'd been very clear for a while that it was indeed all faked, in your post above I have to say that you come across as being seemingly rather proud of it.

My answer: First of all I've been following very closely what's being said about Nietzermann ans there are not "many thousands" who are still believing Nietzermann was an actual psychic who gave some interviews in the 80's. Only a few people that' I'n now trying to convince otherwise.

About the fact I was knowingly creating a hoax, I had no idea when we shot the 2012 itw that it would go viral like this. We thought we'd put it online, have a few thousands views and then reveal it was fake. But the thing became so big so rapidly that I thought I could feed the fire with the investigation from Luke and Mack, and then the movie. Why? I loved the debate, and really, seeing so many people arguing about the authenticity of the video was very fascinating - for me AND for you guys. Most people didn't believe that the video was authentic but which evidence was actually debunking it animated the whole debate. And one thing seems obvious, on many sites like this one (the alternative community" as you cll it) love this game, love to argue, love to debate -- and love to hate hoaxers. Basically I created a puzzle and I tried to make it as difficult as I could. So it was a game for me, but for you guys too.

Questions 2 from Bill Ryan:
    Why didn't you use your evident skills and ability to make a documentary about the truth?

My answer: I wrote, directed and/or produced many real documentaries before on different topics. The movie Nietzermann is my first mockumentary. Now I'm not sure if you're asking why I didn't make a documentary about the truth about Nietzermann. If this is your question, my answer would be that not enough people was interested in Nietzermann itself. But I could be considering a documentary about collective intelligence and online collaboration using examples from Nietzermann. I learnt a lot about online behavior while doing this.

I'll try to answer all your questions, but again, most of them are answered in the radio show (link above).

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WillGKraft For This Post:

Atlas (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (3rd December 2015), DeDukshyn (3rd December 2015), Kryztian (14th December 2015), Nasu (3rd December 2015)

15. Link to Post #48
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    Hi everyone!

Will
    Welcome to the forum. I understand some will be angry at your fakery, for good reason, we have all been lied to far too much. However, that being said, well done done, what a cool mystery you weaved, if you don't mind, like others I am sure I would love to hear how you did it so well, then got it to catch fire like that, very impressive. I take my hat off to you, if you did do it of course...

Did I ever tell you about me being the capo of anonymous? Or the time Mr Sino and I cavorted about "dune surfing" down a vast mountain of money....???

So, in good faith, now that you have claimed this, can you please tell us about it? Many thanks in advance.... N
    Thank you Nasu for your words of appreciation. I refer you the the previous post I just sent where I share a link to a radio show where I explain in detail "how I did it"! And yes, I understand why you would doubt that I did it, why would you believe anyone about this? Well, you can see my face with a beard on the poster of the radio show... and you can see my face with no beard in the Nietzermann movie (While shooting the first Luke and Mack episode and one close up looking into the camera in the airplane).

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WillGKraft For This Post:

Atlas (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (3rd December 2015), DeDukshyn (3rd December 2015), Nasu (3rd December 2015)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

P
    Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    Hi everyone!

Will

Thank you Nasu for your words of appreciation. I refer you the the previous post I just sent where I share a link to a radio show where I explain in detail "how I did it"! And yes, I understand why you would doubt that I did it, why would you believe anyone about this? Well, you can see my face with a beard on the poster of the radio show... and you can see my face with no beard in the Nietzermann movie (While shooting the first Luke and Mack episode and one close up looking into the camera in the airplane).
    Thanks for your reply. I for one am impressed, you had quite a buzz going for a while. I think the ambiguity helped a lot, but I would like to say what a great job you did. So why come out about it, now, why not let it snowball or morph into something else, why end the game???... N

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Atlas (6th December 2015), DeDukshyn (3rd December 2015), WillGKraft (4th December 2015)

19. Link to Post #50
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you Nasu! We shot the 2012 prophecy in 2010. This means I've been hiding the truth about this for 5 years now. A lot of work has been put into this, especially to make the movie. A good story deserves a nice ending and the movie was that ending. By revealing the truth, everyone can see what they got right and what they got wrong. I guess this is satisfying. Things like: No there was no iPhone behind Nietzermann in the first video, it was a cassette player. No it wasn't shot in HD. Yes, it's a Chimera softbox light you see reflecting in Nietzermann's glasses and these lights didn't exist in the 80s (that was an excellent find!)... this is why I offer to answer all questions.

Also it's interesting to see how something like that can spread, and we could wonder how a group investigation could be more efficient.

WGK

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WillGKraft For This Post:

Atlas (6th December 2015), Kryztian (14th December 2015), Nasu (3rd December 2015)

21. Link to Post #51
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3