+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fluoride - the solutions and the remedies.

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Default Fluoride - the solutions and the remedies.

I was doing a search on fluoride on PA this morning and I couldn't find a thread header specifically saying Flouride solutions. Happy to be wrong however

As safe and clean drinking water is one of the biggest threats/issues that we face today in relation to our health and wellbeing, I thought it might be worth-while having a "go-to" thread with Fluoride as the header and for easy reference, all of the older threads that concentrate on solutions.

I've got one of those funny brains that like to catalog things in one place so that it is easy to find.

There are various threads I've found below with different titles but I feel that the solutions could get lost in the mix.

I only did a search back as far as 2011 and I am sure I have missed other relevant threads too...

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...light=flouride

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ide#post804786

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ide#post669445

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ide#post500630

Last edited by Constance; 17th September 2015 at 00:38.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

bennycog (17th September 2015), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2015), Ewan (17th September 2015), Fanna (17th September 2015), Gardener (19th September 2015), Guish (17th September 2015), Lancelot (19th September 2015), Michelle Marie (17th September 2015), Nasu (17th September 2015), onawah (17th September 2015), Selkie (17th September 2015), Stephanie (17th September 2015), Sunny-side-up (17th September 2015), vano915 (17th September 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,052 times in 2,398 posts

Default Re: Fluoride - the solutions and the remedies.

No list would be complete without Wade Frazier's excellent history.

http://ahealedplanet.net/fluoride.htm

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

avid (17th September 2015), Constance (17th September 2015), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2015), Fanna (17th September 2015), Gardener (19th September 2015), Guish (17th September 2015), Nasu (17th September 2015), Selkie (17th September 2015), Stephanie (17th September 2015), vano915 (17th September 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member idiit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 times in 572 posts

results from "moringa fluoride" googled results"

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=moringa+flouride

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to idiit For This Post:

Constance (17th September 2015), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2015), Gardener (19th September 2015), Guish (17th September 2015), Nasu (17th September 2015), Selkie (17th September 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to place a chemical in our water supply with no means to meter the dosage?! Oh, forgot, it was the scum sucking pigs who used to have to pay to dispose of their poisonous waste by-products. Now they sell them.

Guess who is the largest monetary contributor to the American Dental Association. The fertilizer industry. What is a waste by-product of their processes? Bingo.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Constance (19th September 2015), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2015), Fanna (17th September 2015), Gardener (19th September 2015), genevieve (17th September 2015), Guish (17th September 2015), Jackson (18th September 2015), Michelle Marie (17th September 2015), Nasu (17th September 2015), Pam (20th September 2015), Selkie (17th September 2015), Sunny-side-up (17th September 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to place a chemical in our water supply with no means to meter the dosage?! Oh, forgot, it was the scum sucking pigs who used to have to pay to dispose of their poisonous waste by-products. Now they sell them.

Guess who is the largest monetary contributor to the American Dental Association. The fertilizer industry. What is a waste by-product of their processes? Bingo.
    There's even more to it than that, as always.

A lot of people were starting to successfully sue business for fluoride damage to health, crops, livestock, etc., and so they needed a way to disguise the damage. If everybody is fluoridated, then there are no naturally occurring control groups to show that fluoride is damaging. In other words, if everyone is damaged, it is the same as if no one is damaged, because you can only sue for damage if you can prove it. Remove any groups that are not fluoridated, and there go the groups to which you compare the fluoridated ones, and you can chalk up the damage to some other reason, which is exactly what happened.

Another reason is that fluoride is critical to the uranium enrichment process, and in the 40's, 50's and 60's, they were enriching a lot of uranium, so there was lots of fluoride floating around. Again, this led to successful lawsuits, which had to be stopped.

See The Fluoride Deception, by Christopher Bryson,

http://www.amazon.com/The-Fluoride-D.../dp/1583227008

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-fluoride-deception/

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

conk (18th September 2015), Constance (19th September 2015), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2015), Gardener (19th September 2015), genevieve (17th September 2015), idiit (18th September 2015), Michelle Marie (17th September 2015), Pam (20th September 2015), vano915 (17th September 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

In 2012 I contacted my local water supplier who confirmed they don't add fluoride in my area,and only do so if instructed by the local health authority .recently I checked the local water results for my area and found trace fluoride in the water supply 0.095 as its not naturally occurring I checked again with them that no fluoride goes into the local supply.they again confirmed that it does not and can't give me a satisfactory answer on why there is a trace sample in the water.if your water I'd flurinated I would suggest getting active to have it removed .many water company's have bloggs and they really don't won't open dissuctions on neural toxins in the water .

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

Constance (19th September 2015), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2015), Gardener (19th September 2015), genevieve (17th September 2015), idiit (18th September 2015), Michelle Marie (17th September 2015), Selkie (17th September 2015), vano915 (17th September 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member idiit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 times in 572 posts

"fluoride dumb down" googled results

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=fluoride+dumb+down

14. The Following User Says Thank You to idiit For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (20th September 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all your contributions

It's a great start.

I was hoping to create something more of a "go-to" for solutions and I'm aware that there are already plenty of existing threads for all the problems that fluoride creates.

Is it okay if we just post solutions and remedies here?
    Last edited by Constance; 19th September 2015 at 21:01.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (20th September 2015), Selkie (19th September 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Detoxadine. Methlysulfurmethane, Zeolites. B Vitamins. All dirt cheap.

I heard good things about tamarind.

http://drsircus.com/medicine/iodine/...oride-toxicity

http://agarthanalliance.blogspot.tw/...tegy-from.html

Quote A lot of people were starting to successfully sue business for fluoride damage to health, crops, livestock, etc., and so they needed a way to disguise the damage. If everybody is fluoridated, then there are no naturally occurring control groups to show that fluoride is damaging. In other words, if everyone is damaged, it is the same as if no one is damaged, because you can only sue for damage if you can prove it. Remove any groups that are not fluoridated, and there go the groups to which you compare the fluoridated ones, and you can chalk up the damage to some other reason, which is exactly what happened.
    Oh lord. It is bad. But we will overcome it all.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Constance (19th September 2015), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2015), Gardener (19th September 2015), Selkie (19th September 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    Detoxadine. Methlysulfurmethane, Zeolites. B Vitamins. All dirt cheap.

I heard good things about tamarind.

http://drsircus.com/medicine/iodine/...oride-toxicity

http://agarthanalliance.blogspot.tw/...tegy-from.html

Quote A lot of people were starting to successfully sue business for fluoride damage to health, crops, livestock, etc., and so they needed a way to disguise the damage. If everybody is fluoridated, then there are no naturally occurring control groups to show that fluoride is damaging. In other words, if everyone is damaged, it is the same as if no one is damaged, because you can only sue for damage if you can prove it. Remove any groups that are not fluoridated, and there go the groups to which you compare the fluoridated ones, and you can chalk up the damage to some other reason, which is exactly what happened.
    Oh lord. It is bad. But we will overcome it all.
    Good work Daozen!

I found this article straight away on how Tamarind can aid in excreting additional fluoride from the body

http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v.../1601287a.html

Another study mentioned here on tamarind and other natural remedies

http://www.naturalnews.com/039221_fl...rotection.html

And here...

http://www.growyouthful.com/remedy/tamarind.php

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Daozen (20th September 2015), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2015)

21. Link to Post #11
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

The benefits of even partial fluoride detox are worth it, as the process starts to open up etheric sight.
    Last edited by Daozen; 20th September 2015 at 07:29.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Constance (20th September 2015), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2015)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

I'm feeling lazy today, so I didn't follow the links provided earlier in this thread, to see if this has already been covered, but perhaps the best way to protect yourself from fluoride is to make sure you are iodine replete. Fluoride takes the place of iodine in the body, and if you are low in iodine, then chances are you will have accumulated fluoride. Taking an iodine supplement, by itself, is enough to drive fluoride from the body as the body becomes iodine replete, and keeps the body from accumulating fluoride as long as one gets enough iodine.

http://www.fluorideresearch.org/382/files/38298-108.pdf

Iodine supplements are easy to find on the internet, and are carried by most good health food stores. The one I like is Iodoral.
    Last edited by Selkie; 21st September 2015 at 01:08. Reason: for clarity

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Constance (20th September 2015), Dennis Leahy (20th September 2015)

25. Link to Post #13
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Fluoride, Bromide and Iodine are all halides.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Constance (20th September 2015), Selkie (20th September 2015)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Yes, they are, and fluoride and bromide are both taken up by the thyroid and other tissues when there isn't enough iodine in the diet.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Constance (20th September 2015), Daozen (20th September 2015)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

Quote Posted by Selkie (here)
    Yes, they are, and fluoride and bromide are both taken up by the thyroid and other tissues when there isn't enough iodine in the diet.
    But Fluorine most of all, and Chlorine second most, being in the top row and the second row, are the smallest and next most smallest of the halide atoms, hence the most active and second most active halides.

That means, if I understand my chemistry, that they will replace Iodine, which is a larger, hence less active, halide.

So I would not expect that taking Iodine supplements would counteract the presence of Fluorine or Chlorine ... rather I would expect that one would have to both remove the Fluorine and Chlorine from one's food and water, as well as add the Iodine, to restore the proper presence of Iodine in the body.

The first thing I did, when I got my Texas trailer about 7 years ago now was to install a multiple phase water filtration system, even before moving in, with 3 carbon stages, plus reverse osmosis, plus (added a couple of years later) distillation, plus complex remineralization of water soluble forms of sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, and many trace minerals, including iodine. I have been following my own expectations in this regard ever since, happily so.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Constance (23rd September 2015), Selkie (23rd September 2015), Shannon (24th September 2015)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    But Fluorine most of all, and Chlorine second most, being in the top row and the second row, are the smallest and next most smallest of the halide atoms, hence the most active and second most active halides.

That means, if I understand my chemistry, that they will replace Iodine, which is a larger, hence less active, halide.

So I would not expect that taking Iodine supplements would counteract the presence of Fluorine or Chlorine ... rather I would expect that one would have to both remove the Fluorine and Chlorine from one's food and water, as well as add the Iodine, to restore the proper presence of Iodine in the body.

The first thing I did, when I got my Texas trailer about 7 years ago now was to install a multiple phase water filtration system, even before moving in, with 3 carbon stages, plus reverse osmosis, plus (added a couple of years later) distillation, plus complex remineralization of water soluble forms of sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, and many trace minerals, including iodine. I have been following my own expectations in this regard ever since, happily so.
    I got my information from the book Iodine: Why You Need it Why You Can't Live Without It , 2nd edition, by David Brownstein, MD. He says that as you become iodine replete, the other halides are released by the body. Maybe he is incorrect

Sounds like you have a bang up water system!
    Last edited by Selkie; 23rd September 2015 at 18:36.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Constance (23rd September 2015), Shannon (24th September 2015), ThePythonicCow (23rd September 2015)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I got my information from the book Iodine: Why You Need it Why You Can't Live Without It by David Brownstein, MD. He says that as you become iodine replete, the other halides are released by the body. Maybe he is incorrect
    From what I can tell from a 3 minute Google search (probably not much <grin>), David Brownstein seems inconsistent on this matter.

For example, in the article Detoxing Fluoride, Bromine And Chlorine Naturally, it is claimed that Brownstein says both that (1) Bromine (the other Halide atom smaller than fluorine) and fluoride ... push out iodine and (2) iodine will detox these toxic Halides (push them out, I presume).

My chemistry is a half-century old ... so I cannot resolve this matter with expert testimony. But that doesn't mean I am lacking for opinions ...

Bromine, being the largest Halide next to Iodine, should be the easiest for Iodine to replace. And the question of what the Halide atom is chemically bonded with certainly matters, as for example sodium chloride (table salt) is nutritionally beneficial, and chlorine dioxide (MMS) medically beneficial, at the same time that chlorinated water supplies are (in my view at least) unhealthy to drink. Fluorine, being the smallest and most active of the Halides would, in my view, make it the potentially most toxic and most difficult to displace once bonded in the body. Off hand, I can think of no healthy chemical compounds containing Fluorine.

I also notice that the physiological use of such elements often comes in pairs of two elements, one just above the other in the Periodic Table, so having the same number of electrons present, or lacking, in the outer shell. One of the pair will trace places back and forth with the other to create oscillating dynamics of chemical reactions. This happens with sodium and potassium (each has one electron in the outer shell), calcium and magnesium (each has two electrons in the outer shell), and perhaps it happens with chlorine and iodine as well (each having an outer shell that is one electron short of being complete.)

It's the atoms in the middle of the periodic table, especially carbon, which has an outer shell containing 4 of a possible 8 electrons, that bond with themselves, forming bonds that no other atom can normally replace, quite unlike the atoms at the left and right sides, which manifest this pairing of two similar atomic outer shells, differing only in chemical energy and atomic size.

Then of course there are the Noble Gases, the atoms in the right most column of the Periodic Table, which are in a world unto themselves. They have complete outer shells, neither offering extra electrons to other atoms, nor accepting them. They bond with nothing, and are chemically inert (at least so far as this sort of chemical bonding is concerned.)
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 23rd September 2015 at 18:51.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Constance (23rd September 2015), Selkie (23rd September 2015), Shannon (24th September 2015)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I got my information from the book Iodine: Why You Need it Why You Can't Live Without It by David Brownstein, MD. He says that as you become iodine replete, the other halides are released by the body. Maybe he is incorrect
    From what I can tell from a 3 minute Google search (probably not much <grin>), David Brownstein seems inconsistent on this matter.

For example, in the article Detoxing Fluoride, Bromine And Chlorine Naturally, it is claimed that Brownstein says both that (1) Bromine (the other Halide atom smaller than fluorine) and fluoride ... push out iodine and (2) iodine will detox these toxic Halides (push them out, I presume).

My chemistry is a half-century old ... so I cannot resolve this matter with expert testimony. But that doesn't mean I am lacking for opinions ...

Bromine, being the largest Halide next to Iodine, should be the easiest for Iodine to replace. And the question of what the Halide atom is chemically bonded with certainly matters, as for example sodium chloride (table salt) is nutritionally beneficial, and chlorine dioxide (MMS) medically beneficial, at the same time that chlorinated water supplies are (in my view at least) unhealthy to drink. Fluorine, being the smallest and most active of the Halides would, in my view, make it the potentially most toxic and most difficult to displace once bonded in the body. Off hand, I can think of no healthy chemical compounds containing Fluorine.
    (my emphasis)

I can't think of any, either.

About the other halides, I can tell you that before I started taking Iodoral, I felt very poorly. I was stiff, my muscles ached, my heart would labor at the least exertion, and my body felt too old for my age. After I started taking iodine, it was like a miracle. Within a few days I had lost the stiffness and muscle aches and my heart stopped laboring. I credit Dr. Brownstein's information with saving my health, so I don't mind that he is a bit inconsistent on some points.

So I avoid bromated flour and other sources of bromine, and filter my water for chlorine, and I avoid all sources of fluoride, like toothpaste and fluoride-based drugs. Other than that, I call it good enough and don't stress about it.
    Last edited by Selkie; 23rd September 2015 at 18:56.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Constance (23rd September 2015), Shannon (24th September 2015), ThePythonicCow (23rd September 2015)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ah - this article says more, and is starting to make sense of this to me: Iodine Protects Against Fluoride Toxicity.

As with the other columns of the periodic table near the left or right side (not the middle, and not the Noble gases on the right most side), atoms in each column trade places back and forth with other atoms in the same column. What matters is a balance of, the ratio of, the active elements from the same column.

One often sees this in diets that, like the typical "modern" diet, are deficient in potassium. This creates severe problems for the body, such as hypertension. Typical conventional medicine tries to correct this by prescribing a low sodium diet. That will restore the balance, but at the risk of a deficiency of both sodium and potassium. Better to add potassium, in my (amateur) book.

Perhaps the same is true of iodine and its alternatives in the Halide column, such as the chlorine ion. In this view, it would be the case that you need some of both, and that you get into trouble when you combine a gross excess of one with a gross deficiency of the other, as is so easy to do on a "modern" diet. Equally unhealthy would be a diet with a gross excess of iodine, and a gross deficiency of chlorine ... but it's quite unlikely that most of us will experience that, unless we work in an industrial mine or factory that processes or uses iodine in large quantities, while drinking distilled water, or some such.

So ... reduce the gross excess of some halides, probably remove fluoride entirely to the extent practical, and restore the gross deficiency of iodine ... keep that up for a few months to enable the body to restore the balance in its stores and its glands that depend on these elements critically, and then maintain that balance, with minimal exceptions, from that point on.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

After I started taking iodine, it was like a miracle. Within a few days I had lost the stiffness and muscle aches and my heart stopped laboring.
    Excellent - sounds like that would pass turiya's "first-hand" knowledge test with flying colors .

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Ah - this article says more, and is starting to make sense of this to me: Iodine Protects Against Fluoride Toxicity.

As with the other columns of the periodic table near the left or right side (not the middle, and not the Noble gases on the right most side), atoms in each column trade places back and forth with other atoms in the same column. What matters is a balance of, the ratio of, the active elements from the same column.

One often sees this in diets that, like the typical "modern" diet, are deficient in potassium. This creates severe problems for the body, such as hypertension. Typical conventional medicine tries to correct this by prescribing a low sodium diet. That will restore the balance, but at the risk of a deficiency of both sodium and potassium. Better to add potassium, in my (amateur) book.

Perhaps the same is true of iodine and its alternatives in the Halide column, such as the chlorine ion. In this view, it would be the case that you need some of both, and that you get into trouble when you combine a gross excess of one with a gross deficiency of the other, as is so easy to do on a "modern" diet. Equally unhealthy would be a diet with a gross excess of iodine, and a gross deficiency of chlorine ... but it's quite unlikely that most of us will experience that, unless we work in an industrial mine or factory that processes or uses iodine in large quantities, while drinking distilled water, or some such.

So ... reduce the gross excess of some halides, probably remove fluoride entirely to the extent practical, and restore the gross deficiency of iodine ... keep that up for a few months to enable the body to restore the balance in its stores and its glands that depend on these elements critically, and then maintain that balance, with minimal exceptions, from that point on.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

After I started taking iodine, it was like a miracle. Within a few days I had lost the stiffness and muscle aches and my heart stopped laboring.
    Excellent - sounds like that would pass turiya's "first-hand" knowledge test with flying colors .
    Wonderful link...thank you!

Yes, to all of the above.

p.s. And just as an aside, I'll tell you something that I suspect: that a lot of heartburn (gastric reflux) is caused by a chloride deficiency. We're not supposed to get our chloride from chlorinated water, though. We're supposed to get it from salt (sodium chloride). I suspect that low-sodium diets, which so many people are on for no medical reason at all, are causing chloride deficiency, which leads to the underproduction of stomach acid (hydrochloric acid)...or stomach acid that is not acidic enough...and therefor causes gastric reflux, since it is the acidity of stomach acid that causes the esophageal sphincter to stay closed.
    Last edited by Selkie; 23rd September 2015 at 19:26.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Constance (23rd September 2015), Ewan (3rd November 2015), Shannon (24th September 2015), ThePythonicCow (23rd September 2015)

+ Reply to Thread