+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast

Thread: Europe overwhelmed by a flood of migrants

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,930 times in 428 posts

Default Europe overwhelmed by a flood of migrants

Croatia started closing its borders with Serbia as migrants fled from overwhelmed police, trekked through fields and tried to steal into Slovenia by train in a desperate march westwards..

8,000 migrants had trudged across its border from Serbia in one day, driven from trying to enter through Hungary by a metal fence, tear gas and water cannons
    Media is overwhelmed with desperate scenes at a railway station on Croatia’s eastern frontier, where thousands were left stranded overnight under open skies.
    Our president Kolinda said that we may have to use the army to stop thousands of migrants criss-crossing the Western Balkans in their quest for sanctuary in the wealthy 28-nation bloc. It shuttled some to reception centers near Zagreb, but many simply slipped the net of overwhelmed authorities and set off for the Slovenian border, just 30 kilometers (19 miles) from the Croatian capital Zagreb.
    There, Slovenian police halted a train carrying some 150 migrants at Dobova train station on Slovenia’s side of the border and said they would be sent back. A Reuters TV crew said some tried to leave the train but were stopped by police. Some refused water in protest..
    Hungary’s crackdown has shifted pressure onto Croatia, Slovenia and Romania.
    At the eastern border town of Tovarnik, scuffles broke out as Croatian police tried to get women and children to board the buses bound for reception centers near Zagreb. Women screamed and children cried in desperate scenes.
    An Iraqi from Baghdad who gave his name as Riad said he had been separated from his wife and child. "Only women and children are now allowed onto buses. My wife and child are gone and they (police) do not allow me to join them. My phone does not work."
    Groups of migrants broke away from the police and set off on foot down railway lines and through fields.
    "They want to take us to the camps, but we don't want that," said one man as he set off, without giving his name.

Police also took up position in a suburb of the capital Zagreb around a hotel housing hundreds of migrants, some of them on balconies shouting "Freedom! Freedom!". Others threw rolls of toilet paper from the balconies and windows.
    "Croatia will not be able to receive more people," Interior Minister Ranko Ostojic told reporters in Tovarnik while suggesting the country would not simply let migrants head north to Slovenia, which is part of the EU's Schengen zone of border-free travel.
    Police in Hungary, which is also in Schengen, said about 500 migrants had been detained after crossing into the south of the country from Croatia. There is no fence on that part of the border at the moment but Budapest plans to build one..
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0RD0P420150917

What I find interesting is that these people are not primarily refugees but migrants who are aiming exclusively western Europe countries and they have no intention to remain in Croatia, Serbia, Slowenia,.. although these countries are not affected by the war in any sense and they could certainly find refuge here.
    One more interesting fact is that the migrants are in better financial status then most Croats. They all have expensive clothes, glasses, smartphones, use taxi for transportation to the Slovenian border (as in Croatia, one of the most expensive ways of transport).
    Croatia was a war-affected country before some 20 years and I remember refugees going to the first safe country not having thousands of euros in pockets and looking at an expensive smartphones where the highest welfare is. Or am I wrong?
    I agree that people should help each other always and everywhere, and I will help them myself if I can, but this smells like a great fraud in the background. I'm watching with great interest further development of events.
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 22nd October 2015 at 18:51. Reason: title change was not in index
    Is every mind connected to form a peer to peer network that creates the illusion of a shared reality, making the appearance of material reality a simulation created through shared beliefs?

2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

Alex.fi (18th September 2015), animovado (23rd September 2015), Bill Ryan (18th September 2015), bojancan (19th September 2015), Cidersomerset (19th September 2015), DNA (17th October 2015), Elisheva (20th September 2015), Fanna (19th September 2015), Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), giovonni (18th September 2015), Ikarusion (18th September 2015), Iloveyou (22nd September 2015), Magnus (18th September 2015), Maria Stade (19th September 2015), meeradas (18th September 2015), moekatz (18th September 2015), MorningSong (19th September 2015), Nasu (18th September 2015), Pilgrim (20th September 2015), Selkie (18th September 2015), Sérénité (18th September 2015), Shannon (18th September 2015), Snookie (18th September 2015), Sophocles (19th September 2015), Sunny-side-up (18th September 2015), toppy (18th September 2015), transiten (19th September 2015), ulli (19th September 2015), vmk22 (18th September 2015), Wind (19th September 2015), Woody (18th September 2015), Zampano (18th September 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Europe overwhelmed by a flood of migrants

Thanks for the post Isserley, very current topic

These migrants are now coming to Finland too, it is almost the most Northern place you can go in Europe. Main flow are crossing the Swedish border in the North of the country, so they must have traveled thru many other safe countries before getting here. There are hardly any women or children, they are left at the crisis zones, these people coming are mostly all young men. At this time the flow of migrants are now 100x compared to last year which is a huge increase.

We try to help these people best we can with our resources. Some of them are demanding better service. Even though I too try to be open minded, I have the same bad feeling of fraud in the back of my head. Let's see how this play goes thumbs up!

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Alex.fi For This Post:

DNA (17th October 2015), Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Isserley (18th September 2015), Magnus (18th September 2015), moekatz (18th September 2015), Nasu (18th September 2015), rgray222 (23rd October 2015), Selkie (18th September 2015), Shannon (18th September 2015), transiten (19th September 2015), ulli (19th September 2015), vmk22 (18th September 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Can You See There Is An Agenda Here?Why Are They All Crossing The Borders To Europe..I Wonder??

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaelv For This Post:

Elisheva (20th September 2015), Selkie (18th September 2015), Shannon (18th September 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

edit: deleted
    Last edited by sunpaw; 19th September 2015 at 19:28.

8. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Isserley (here)
    What I find interesting is that these people are not primarily refugees but migrants who are aiming exclusively western Europe countries and they have no intention to remain in Croatia, Serbia, Slowenia,.. although these countries are not affected by the war in any sense and they could certainly find refuge here.
    One more interesting fact is that the migrants are in better financial status then most Croats. They all have expensive clothes, glasses, smartphones, use taxi for transportation to the Slovenian border (as in Croatia, one of the most expensive ways of transport).
    Croatia was a war-affected country before some 20 years and I remember refugees going to the first safe country not having thousands of euros in pockets and looking at an expensive smartphones where the highest welfare is. Or am I wrong?
    I agree that people should help each other always and everywhere, and I will help them myself if I can, but this smells like a great fraud in the background. I'm watching with great interest further development of events.
    A lot of people that are watching this situation would agree with you. All the news are full of this topic, from the beginning.

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvi...ampaign=buffer
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 19th September 2015 at 04:25. Reason: fix quoting

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aniN For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Maria Stade (19th September 2015), Selkie (18th September 2015), Shannon (19th September 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

I must say Al Jazeera is reporting what is hapening with this flow of people the best.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...8v0-dbQhItM4TV

They dont whant to stay in Denmark.
    This was spread on FB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAFYlynkJOA

All agreements on how imigrants or refugees are suposed to be taken care of is not followed and the system dose not work.
    The system has failed. No one knows how many people that has come in and from where and why.
    The planet have given you all that you have !
    What do you give in return ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be the change you wish to see.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

Cidersomerset (19th September 2015), Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Shannon (19th September 2015)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

There are many articles posted daily on the headline
    page on this and the relatated geo political picture...

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just ONE IN FIVE migrants claiming asylum are from Syria, EU figures show

By David Icke on 19th September 2015 War and Terror

‘Just a fifth of migrants registering for asylum in Europe are from Syria,
    shocking EU statistics have revealed.Campaigners and left-wing MPs
    have previously blasted the government for doing little to help refugees
    who they insisted were mainly coming from Syria.

But out of the astonishing 213,000 arrivals the EU logged between April
    and June, only 44,000 were fleeing the war-torn state.

Sceptics criticised campaigners over the revelation, accusing them of selling
    a lie about the number of people trying to escape the conflict.’

Read more: Just ONE IN FIVE migrants claiming asylum are from Syria, EU figures show

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-Yvette-Cooper

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), giovonni (19th September 2015), Maria Stade (13th October 2015), Selkie (19th September 2015), Shannon (19th September 2015)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 1,211 posts

Quote Posted by Maria Stade (here)
    I must say Al Jazeera is reporting what is hapening with this flow of people the best.

This was spread on FB

All agreements on how imigrants or refugees are suposed to be taken care of is not followed and the system dose not work.
    The system has failed. No one knows how many people that has come in and from where and why.
    Do you think the system has failed because it was flooded ? I'm just wondering how anyone would have expected this many people. That's what gives me the feeling of something not being right. No matter how bad I feel for these people.

*this is coming from a very far view (geographically as well as informed), of the refugees from Syria over the years being in turkey and just this year the mainstream media reporting the high numbers and deaths of the migrants.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Selkie (19th September 2015)

16. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Some news from Austria
    source: ( sorry just in Slovenian language ) http://www.zurnal24.si/v-sotoriscu-v...-clanek-256877
    The doctors found one case of leprosy disease ...

Of all the reasons why is this happening ... there you go, one more reason to vaccinate millions?

September is here and things are developing with rapid speed ( by rapid, I mean from hour to hour ).

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aniN For This Post:

Maria Stade (19th September 2015), Selkie (19th September 2015)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,600 times in 1,987 posts

Quote Posted by Saint Theresa (here)

This was spread on FB

Do you think the system has failed because it was flooded ? I'm just wondering how anyone would have expected this many people. That's what gives me the feeling of something not being right. No matter how bad I feel for these people.

*this is coming from a very far view (geographically as well as informed), of the refugees from Syria over the years being in turkey and just this year the mainstream media reporting the high numbers and deaths of the migrants.
    Absolutely. I feel for them, too. But something about the whole situation stinks to high heaven.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Maria Stade (19th September 2015), Shannon (19th September 2015)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

just lost all text I had written. Ill try again later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

21. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

where are they going to go from Hungary? Germany closed their border, Austria closed their border... Till Wednesday came in Croatia 21 000 refugees?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_wJiBKCieA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L73PnzPO9Xo

22. The Following User Says Thank You to aniN For This Post:

Selkie (20th September 2015)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I feel sorry for all people that have to leave their homes.
    I have a bad feeling about the free flow of people in to Europe because all will not be imigrants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGpIwmI_xJI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

Selkie (20th September 2015), Shannon (22nd September 2015)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Also this is a imam in jerusalme do not got many facts right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ7u3sbqY9U
    Last edited by Maria Stade; 20th September 2015 at 13:56.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

Selkie (20th September 2015)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Just a few words about this so called "refugees" crisis in Europe. Isn't it strange that the only destination for most refugees is Germany, even though they don't know how to get there or what's waiting them there? I'm from Croatia and I'm unemployed, but I still wasn't able to get a job in Germany because they restricted employment for Croatian workers two years ago, when our country became member of European Union. Explanation was that they didn't need more workers. Now all of a sudden they need more workers but not workers from Croatia. Most of the refugees said they will find a job, actually job is already waiting for them. They know they will have a better life in Germany. How can they be so sure? Strange thing is that they don't even know the way to Germany or where they are, and are constantly in a hurry to get there. They stopped and asked our local people "Where are we, how can we get to Germany, we don't want to stay here". Why didn't they come to EU sooner, where were they all this years, the war in Syria started three years ago and in Middle East even sooner. They have a lot of money, and if you live in country that is in war you simply can't have a lot of money, because you barely have money for your essential needs. I think most of them have or are on a mission to do something... Real refugees are in minority, but most of them are just sheeple, who follow someone. I'm afraid that those real refugees will end up in some kind of camps. We can expect some major events concerning this crisis, because all of this was planned before.

P.S. I wonder what's really happening behind the scene while we are being distracted by this crisis

P.P.S. I'm glad that there are people who can think with their own head and are guided by their heart

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mark008 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Iloveyou (22nd September 2015), Maria Stade (21st September 2015), MorningSong (23rd September 2015), Nasu (22nd September 2015), Selkie (21st September 2015), Shannon (22nd September 2015), sheme (21st July 2016), sunflower (21st September 2015), Valerie Villars (15th June 2018), Wind (22nd September 2015)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Maxy999 you are right. There are no jobs in Europe, not in Finland or in Sweden or in Germany. This is all crazy.
    Young people have a hard time to find a real job and there is to little apartments to buy or rent so young people cant move from their parents.

Here is a clue.
    I have been surching for those youtube clips where Angela Merkel invited syrians, NOW they are gone but I found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_8kc19DL70

This is realy bad because these people will not have a great future in this part of the world, they will be safe but they talk about educations and jobs .. eh what jobs ?? A future for their children.

I wonder if they are trying to empty syria to go in and take out ISIS ?
    Maybe some other agenda.. this is all just crazy. Dristraktion.. maybe from what ... russians ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Matthew (21st September 2015), Nasu (22nd September 2015), Selkie (21st September 2015), Shannon (22nd September 2015), sunflower (21st September 2015), Wind (22nd September 2015)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Yes Maria, I agree, and the video was very good. All of this is just too crazy, like the TPTW doesn't know what they are doing anymore, or are doing it so transparently that its becoming ridiculous. I just hope that all of this will end well, even though my intuition is telling me otherwise.

Mark

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mark008 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Selkie (22nd September 2015), Shannon (22nd September 2015)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,930 times in 428 posts

What do you know… four out of five of these immigrants are not from Syria. They are coming from places like Pakistan, Afghanistan and north Africa. You will see them coming out of virtually every Middle Eastern country and surging into Europe. Why? Well, it’s not so much to escape the Syrian conflict, although there is some of that. And it is certainly not the masses all at once deciding for economic reasons to descend on Europe.
    They all have few things in common - they are all mostly young, male and Muslims. This could be concerted invasion?
    From the Daily Mail:

Only one in every five migrants claiming asylum in Europe is from Syria.

The EU logged 213,000 arrivals in April, May and June but only 44,000 of them were fleeing the Syrian civil war.

Campaigners and left-wing MPs have suggested the vast majority of migrants are from the war-torn state, accusing the Government of doing too little to help them.

‘This exposes the lie peddled in some quarters that vast numbers of those reaching Europe are from Syria,’ said David Davies, Tory MP for Monmouth. ‘Most people who are escaping the war will go to camps in Lebanon or Jordan.

‘Many of those who have opted to risk their lives to come to Europe have done so for economic reasons.’

Sir Bill Cash, a fellow Tory, said: ‘These figures make extremely disturbing reading. The whole argument has been made that this influx is all real refugees from Syria whereas this adds to the substantial evidence that there are a large number of economic migrants who are aiming for a better life.’

The figures from Eurostat, the EU’s official statistical agency, show that migration from April to June was running at double the level of the same period in 2014.

The number of Afghans lodging asylum claims is up four-fold, from 6,300 to 27,000. Another 17,700 claims were made by Albanians, whose country is at peace.

A further 13,900 applicants came from Iraq which, like Syria, is being torn apart by the Islamic State terror group.

Half a million migrants have arrived in Europe so far this year, with 156,000 coming in August alone. Rather than claiming asylum in the first safe EU country they reach, most head on toward wealthy northern states. The human cost of the crisis has been paid by the estimated 3,000 migrants who have drowned after putting their lives in the hands of people smugglers for the perilous crossing of the Mediterranean.

Risks being taken by many families were highlighted by the deaths of three-year-old Aylan Kurdi and his brother Galip, five, whose bodies were washed up on the tourist beach of Bodrum in Turkey earlier this month.

More than 250,000 migrants have reached Greece and Italy, where the authorities are close to breaking point.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel fuelled the chaos last month by declaring that any Syrian who reached the country could claim asylum.

When the numbers became uncontrollable Berlin shut its borders, throwing Austria, Hungary and other EU countries into turmoil.

Croatia has received 14,000 migrants in the past two days and was last night moving some to the Hungarian border.

Hungary is laying razor wire on the border having done the same on its border with Serbia.

Croatia has closed seven of eight road crossings to Serbia and ordered its border guards to redirect migrants to Hungary and Slovenia. The Hungarian government described this as ‘totally unacceptable’.

Violence broke out yesterday between Syrian and Afghan migrants fighting to board trains across Croatia.

And Slovenian riot police last night stood in the path of 200 migrants trying to enter from Croatia. Slovenian ministers say they will accept asylum seekers but send back anyone deemed to be an illegal immigrant.

Britain, which received 7,470 asylum applications between April and June, has come under fire for failing to join an EU scheme to spread 160,000 migrants between the 28 member states.

David Cameron has announced the UK will shelter 20,000 vulnerable Syrians from camps in Lebanon and Jordan. But he rejected calls to take migrants already in Europe, saying this would encourage more to make the dangerous journey.

Yvette Cooper, who chairs Labour’s refugee taskforce, said: ‘Britain’s approach of only planning to take refugees from the camps in Syria isn’t working.

‘It ignores the crisis also happening in Europe itself and means Britain has no leverage to get other countries to sign up to help.’

But a Home Office spokesman said: ‘Claiming asylum must not be viewed as an easy means of settlement by those who are not actually refugees.

‘We need systems which keep out unfounded claims so we can all respond more quickly and effectively to those genuinely in need of refuge.

‘That is why the UK is focused on resettling genuine Syrian refugees directly from the region. This will ensure we are taking in the most vulnerable people and deter people from attempting the perilously journeys which have already led to so many tragic deaths.’

Europe has gone mad. They are committing suicide on a monumental scale here. The leaders there have made a fatal – and I do mean fatal – mistake by allowing these hordes in this way. They play on sympathies with hidden intentions .
    It is now being estimated that 30 to 35 million will descend on Europe. They can’t handle those numbers and are collapsing economically and culturally.
    Last edited by Isserley; 22nd September 2015 at 17:26.
    Is every mind connected to form a peer to peer network that creates the illusion of a shared reality, making the appearance of material reality a simulation created through shared beliefs?

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Iloveyou (23rd September 2015), Maria Stade (22nd September 2015), Selkie (22nd September 2015), Shannon (22nd September 2015), Valerie Villars (15th June 2018)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

I hope we all realise that some of these so call migrants, could be criminals exploited the situation, terrorists who by there own admission are penetrating the exodus of migrants to plan attacks across Europe, economic migrants, and some genuine refugees.

This will of course provide ammunition to right wing elements, especially when European countries provide housing, clothes, food, jobs, and money to these people. You wait until the resources start running out and those that are born in these European cannot get the same as the migrants and then you will have resentment, then a violent reaction, and when some terrorist attacks start to occur we will see where the finger points.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th June 2018), Maria Stade (22nd September 2015), Selkie (22nd September 2015), Shannon (22nd September 2015)

37. Link to Post #20
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 1,211 posts

Maxy999 you are right. There are no jobs in Europe, not in Finland or in Sweden or in Germany. This is all crazy.
    Young people have a hard time to find a real job and there is to little apartments to buy or rent so young people cant move from their parents.

Here is a clue.
    I have been surching for those youtube clips where Angela Merkel invited syrians, NOW they are gone but I found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_8kc19DL70

This is realy bad because these people will not have a great future in this part of the world, they will be safe but they talk about educations and jobs .. eh what jobs ?? A future for their children.

I wonder if they are trying to empty syria to go in and take out ISIS ?
    Maybe some other agenda.. this is all just crazy. Dristraktion.. maybe from what ... russians ?
    Damn that video really made me nervous for all you guys in Europe. Stay strong peeps.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

Maria Stade (22nd September 2015), Selkie (22nd September 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast