Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: Europe overwhelmed by a flood of migrants

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,600 times in 1,987 posts

Default Re: Europe overwhelmed by a flood of migrants

Quote Posted by MorningSong (here)
    This needs to be seen by everyone in the EU, since Germany has so much "power" in what's going on here politically, so I'm evidencing it instead of just putting up the link:

@ Maria Stade: You might be on to something about the distraction and maybe we should look to Russia.... I just noticed these recent tweets on breakingnews.com and they raised my eyebrows...wonder what's going on?:

4h Russia may deploy Iskander rocket systems near Kaliningrad to counteract deployment of US nuclear weapons in Europe - Interfax

6h Kremlin: Russia will take counter measures to restore balance of power if US nuclear plans for Germany are confirmed - @Reuters

6h US nuclear plans for Germany, if true, would alter strategic balance of power in Europe, Kremlin spokesman says - @Reuters

6h Russia to counteract deployment of new US nuclear weapons in Germany, Kremlin spokesman - Interfax
    Thanks for that video.

Well, now we can be pretty sure why ISIS had the confidence to publish this map,

They have the active and passive assistance of the Chancellor of Germany, and probably other European leaders as well.

About those tweets about Russia, I think Russia is being perfectly rational. They are readying themselves for a NATO assault on their country, with NATO troops possibly augmented by ISIS fighters. After all, all those "stan" countries surround Russia from the old Soviet Union days. Those immigrants could disappear into those countries to wreck all kinds of havoc for Russia.

If NATO was worried about Russia attacking Europe, the worst thing in the world to do would be to cause chaos by bringing in hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants from anywhere, let alone the Middle East. Not to mention that the overwhelming majority of those immigrants are young men.
    Last edited by Selkie; 23rd September 2015 at 19:57. Reason: to correct a spelling error

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Maria Stade (23rd September 2015), MorningSong (28th September 2015), Shannon (23rd September 2015)

3. Link to Post #42
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

Quote Posted by Maria Stade (here)
    Merkel kan walk this lads in the church. They speak Dutch.
    I have sent this to a friend in the Swedish army he speek german.
    Warning they maby are killing 2 guys.

It's not that it makes much difference, but that guy is speaking German and not Dutch ;-)

4. Link to Post #43
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 1,211 posts

Quote Posted by Ikarusion (here)
    i dont feel like i have to protect myself by threatening other peoples lifes, but eh good that your goverment backs justified homicide.
    although looking at the wikipedia page, im not sure your example falls under that. so be careful who you shoot. =P .
    but pulling a trigger surly is easier then throwing punches. also easier to scare off people.

but no, in my case weapons dont make me feel safer. you need to learn how to use them properly anyway. why not first learn how to use your body properly to defend yoursef, before you go a level down and learn how to use a weapon. just makes more sense. first you master the internal, then the external has a better foundation and is easier mastered aswell.

just my two cents.
    I happen to agree with you, just stating what I know as an American, mess with the wrong person and you may be shot. Violence = violence, just saying, some people shoot and ask questions later, especially when being pulled out of your own car by an angry mob. Plus not everyone can defend themselves physically, I made sure my mom has a firearm since my father passed away because she is alone in a house, a sitting duck and unfortunately in this world home invasions are not imaginary. I also made sure she knew the weapon well and how to use it.

Basically what I'm saying is this huge exodus is just becoming so mad, with the actions of the migrants and the unprepared leaders of the EU, that I can only see the citizens taking so much before they retaliate.

*sigh*...I need to go to church, look at a picture, repent, confess, self flagellate, etc...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

3(C)+me (26th September 2015), Ikarusion (24th September 2015), Selkie (23rd September 2015)

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

This article is not about Croatia, but it's showing a kind of engineering in respect to the refugee-crisis.

Who is twitter-luring refugees to Germany?

http://www.voltairenet.org/article188774.html

This study adds to the preceding. It shows that the current wave of migration to Europe is organized to direct human crowds to Germany.

Content-analysis of a great number of tweets that triggered the ongoing wave of migration from Turkey to Germany since August this year suggests that these human streams were inspired and channeled from outside of the continental Europe.

According to Vladimir Shalak [1] from the Russian Academy of Science who developed the Internet Content-Analysis System for Twitter (Scai4Twi), his study of over 19000 refugees-related original tweets (retweets discounted) demonstrates that the vast majority of them mention Germany and Austria as the most refugee-welcoming countries in Europe:

Read more: http://www.voltairenet.org/article188774.html

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to animovado For This Post:

Cara (25th November 2015), Ikarusion (24th September 2015), Isserley (24th September 2015), Maria Stade (24th September 2015), MorningSong (28th September 2015), Selkie (23rd September 2015)

8. Link to Post #45
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

EU refugee & migrant crisis: Serbia bans all cargo vehicles, goods from Croatia

Quote RT 23 Sep, 2015 22:21

Serbia has banned all Croatian goods and cargo vehicles from entering the country in response to Croatian border restrictions enacted to stem the flow of immigrants pouring across the joint border, according to the Interior Minister Nebojsa Stefanovic.

Serbian police have been instructed to “not allow the entry through any border crossing any cargo vehicle registered in Croatia, nor any truck carrying goods made in Croatia,” Stefanovic said at a press-conference.

Earlier, Croatia’s Prime Minister, Zoran Milanovic, had said that he didn’t believe Serbia would go as far as introducing retaliatory measures because that would constitute an act “against the European Union.

Croatia is an EU member. Serbia cannot, even if it wants, impose measures against Croatia as it has an agreement with the EU. Whatever Serbia does, or thinks to do, would be against the EU and I’m sure Serbia will not do that,” Milanovic said.

Serbia, which is currently on the list of candidates to join the EU, has warned Croatia that it was willing to look at political, legal and economic measures to stop the border blockade.

Last week, Croatia closed most of its road border crossings with Serbia, leaving only one open on the main road linking Belgrade and Zagreb at Bajakovo.

The move was said to be in response to over 13,000 refugees entering the country after Hungary closed its borders on Wednesday to stop the asylum seekers from transiting through the country en route to Western Europe.

We cannot register and accommodate these people any longer,” Milanovic said on Friday. “They will get food, water and medical help, and then they can move on. The European Union must know that Croatia will not become a migrant ‘hotspot.’ We have hearts, but we also have heads.
    Link

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

Isserley (24th September 2015), Maria Stade (24th September 2015), Selkie (26th September 2015)

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member Jhonie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 times in 244 posts

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015...walesa-speaks/

“I understand why Poland and Europe fear their influx. They arrive from places where people are beheaded. We are worried that the same will happen to us.

“We in Poland have small flats, low salaries and meagre pensions. Watching the refugees on television, I noticed that they look better than us. They are well fed, well dressed and maybe even are richer than we are.

“It’s a problem. If Europe opens its gates, soon millions will come through and while living among us will start exercising their own customs, including beheading.”
    Blessed Be to You and Me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jhonie For This Post:

Selkie (26th September 2015)

12. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member Jhonie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 times in 244 posts

http://toprightnews.com/muslim-teen-...e-unthinkable/

Without any warning, the man, reportedly in his high teens or early twenties, immediately slapped the woman hard, sending her staggering backwards in shock and pain, as his fellow Muslims laughed and cheered him on.

As he approached her for another smack, the woman tried to defend herself by hitting him with her purse, but she didn’t even get close. Although he missed with his second blow, he delivered a hard punch to the jaw that sent her crashing to the ground, presumably unconscious.

Then his oh-so brave fellow Muslim came up to, by one account, yell “stupid whore” before kicking and stomping on the defenseless woman.

Here is the video...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=838_1442060609

Coming to your town next???
    Last edited by Jhonie; 26th September 2015 at 06:06.
    Blessed Be to You and Me.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jhonie For This Post:

Selkie (26th September 2015), Shannon (26th September 2015)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jhonie (here)
    “It’s a problem. If Europe opens its gates, soon millions will come through and while living among us will start exercising their own customs, including beheading.”
    Headlessness is a serious problem - notably without beheading.

The refugee crisis might be a wake up call for a society which is sleeping
    in placency and the arrogance to take it's prosperity for granted or in believing that
    it is solely based on it's willingness to work.

15. Link to Post #49
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

I know many muslims and they are not any problem for anyone.
    There must be much acceptans, they will not have a easy life here and the culture is so different from their own early programing.
    Agressinon from muslim men are often fear, they loose the power and athority in their own family, out laws are not made for them.
    In Sweden you cant hit anyone, many foringer will get in trubbel for being to rough with their own children.
    We have homeless people, poor people in Sweden to.
    EU should not keep or protect people that is attacking others, they should be sent back.
    Kriminals are born in every country so I think we have enough of them allready.
    I dont fear muslims but I dont like fanatics, that includes vegan activists.
    The planet have given you all that you have !
    What do you give in return ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be the change you wish to see.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

meeradas (26th September 2015), MorningSong (28th September 2015), Selkie (26th September 2015), Shannon (26th September 2015), thunder24 (26th September 2015)

17. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Posted by animovado (here)
    Quote Posted by Jhonie (here)
    Headlessness is a serious problem - notably without beheading.

The refugee crisis might be a wake up call for a society which is sleeping
    in placency and the arrogance to take it's prosperity for granted or in believing that
    it is solely based on it's willingness to work.
    How else is prosperity gained except through hard work and self-discipline? Prosperity is based exactly upon one's willingness to work; it is not a fruit that grows on trees, there just for the plucking. It takes hard work, self-discipline, and delayed gratification to become prosperous, usually over many generations.

Those in the more prosperous countries do not take their prosperity for granted. They work hard for it. They've worked hard for it many generations, and they know it. It is those who would come to suck off of the social systems they have in place to help their less fortunate who take the prosperity of generations of hard work for granted.

If the refugee crisis is a wakeup call, it is a wakeup call to what looks like the ingratitude of the refugees, who seem to think they are owed something.

That said, as heinous as the video is, it must be remembered that among the people who flooded in, there are most assuredly agents-provocateur, whose job it is to cause mayhem. It looks to me like someone wants to start a new round of religious wars in Europe.

And finally, the comment about headlessness is uncalled for

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

animovado (26th September 2015), Shannon (26th September 2015)

19. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote It looks to me like someone wants to start a new round of religious wars in Europe.
    The comment of Lech Walesa seems to point in this direction. Is it mindful to state something like: "If Europe opens its gates, soon millions will come through and while living among us will start exercising their own customs, including beheading.”
    I think it is not. Therefore I wrote about "headlessness".

If you look at the ponzi scheme of our financial system, at the history of colonization or at the recent imperial meddling in the societies of the middle-east and northern africa (to name just a few), you get a good impression about
    what I believe are some of the foundations of our prosperity. Exploitation is surely one of it's pillars. But it must not be this way and we can do better.
    Now we have to face a kind of mass migration into europe and even if it's engineered and steered, I see there a chance of balancing out of old and very long hedged disparities. At the same time it could possibly lead to more self-empowerment and responsibility.

Selkie, I have chosen the word "solely", because I don't want to belittle the labour and the achievements of our society.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to animovado For This Post:

Selkie (26th September 2015), Shannon (26th September 2015)

21. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Quote It looks to me like someone wants to start a new round of religious wars in Europe.
    The comment of Lech Walesa seems to point in this direction. Is it mindful to state something like: "If Europe opens its gates, soon millions will come through and while living among us will start exercising their own customs, including beheading.”
    I think it is not. Therefore I wrote about "headlessness".

If you look at the ponzi scheme of our financial system, at the history of colonization or at the recent imperial meddling in the societies of the middle-east and northern africa (to name just a few), you get a good impression about
    what I believe are some of the foundations of our prosperity. Exploitation is surely one of it's pillars. But it must not be this way and we can do better.
    Now we have to face a kind of mass migration into europe and even if it's engineered and steered, I see there a chance of balancing out of old and very long hedged disparities. At the same time it could possibly lead to more self-empowerment and responsibility.

Selkie, I have chosen the word "solely", because I don't want to belittle the labour and the achievements of our society.
    The average citizen of the prosperous nations don't exploit anyone. They work just as hard for what they have as any immigrant would have to. It is the prosperity of the corporations that is built upon exploitation, not the prosperity of the average citizen.

The immigrants won't affect the prosperity of the corporations at all; in fact, the immigrants will boost the prosperity of the corporations since the new, huge labor pool will likely drive down wages. However, the prosperity of the citizens of the prosperous countries will certainly suffer.

So the real battle is not between immigrants and citizens, it is between the corporations and everyone else. Corporations exploit everyone: citizens, immigrants, and even government.

About headlessness, if the actions of those young men in the video is any example or portent, I think you may be wrong about that.

But what I'm really puzzled about is why those young men, if they didn't come specifically to cause trouble, come to the west and start beating up women? Why do they run away from things at home, and then make the new place just like the place they left If they want to be in the west, then they have to start acting like westerners. No one has a problem with Islam, its their fanatics we fear, and rightly so.

addition All fanatics are scary, even vegan fanatics and animal activist fanatics.
    Last edited by Selkie; 26th September 2015 at 14:40.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

animovado (26th September 2015), Maria Stade (26th September 2015)

23. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Selkie (here)
    The average citizen of the prosperous nations don't exploit anyone.
    Not consciously. But we're all participants of the systemic disadvantages of our society.
    Even the average citizen is able to come to that conclusion, if s/he likes to.

And speaking about corporations it needs to be recognized that they're not an entity
    without our assistance, to the contrary, we're partaking in the same way as we're doing it in the bigger picture. We are all that as a society.
    Corporations, governments and every institution we can think of are made and maintained by people. This institutions are reflections of our values, moral concepts and beliefs.

"Oneness" is not only a "new age fabric conditioner", it could be in fact the opposite,
    namely the call to take the sword of division at it's blade and to use it as an indicator
    for the tasks that are still to do.

The "headlessness" referred to the fear-mongering propaganda of Lech Walesa and the video posted by Jhonie.

Quote But what I'm really puzzled about is why those young men, if they didn't come specifically to cause trouble, come to the west and start beating up women? Why do they run away from things at home, and then make the new place just like the place they left If they want to be in the west, then they have to start acting like westerners. No one has a problem with Islam, its their fanatics we fear, and rightly so.
    We don't know what was actually going on there. We don't know if the perpetrators are immigrants or refugees, nor do we know the whole situation. In my view there are much too many people around that are doing nothing except from filming or observing.
    Order needs courage.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to animovado For This Post:

Maria Stade (26th September 2015), sunpaw (26th September 2015)

25. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Not consciously. But we're all participants of the systemic disadvantages of our society.
    (my emphasis)

Are you implying that it is the PROPER conclusion to come to?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

animovado (26th September 2015)

27. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Okay Selkie, let's call it thesis, right?

28. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

In that case, could you state it as a thesis, so that we can analyze and/or debate the merits and/or demerits of it?

p.s. the definition of thesis we are interested in is number 1, below, of course.

Quote the·sis

/ˈTHēsis/

noun

noun: thesis; plural noun: theses

a statement or theory that is put forward as a premise to be maintained or proved.
    "his central thesis is that psychological life is not part of the material world"

synonyms: theory, contention, argument, line of argument, proposal, proposition, idea, claim, premise, assumption, hypothesis, postulation, supposition
    "the central thesis of his lecture"

•(in Hegelian philosophy) a proposition forming the first stage in the process of dialectical reasoning.

a long essay or dissertation involving personal research, written by a candidate for a college degree.
    "a doctoral thesis"
    Last edited by Selkie; 26th September 2015 at 15:46.

29. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Do you like to debate the emphasized quote or the one about systemic disadvantages?

Maybe we should continue our conversation at another place? Otherwise we might be derailing the thread?
    Last edited by animovado; 26th September 2015 at 16:24.

30. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

Do you like to debate the emphasized quote or the one about systemic disadvantages?
    I am interested in the implications of the whole quote, both sentences, because there are follow-on's from it. So my question is, given the whole quote, what are you implying? If you could put what you are implying in the form of a thesis, with a thesis statement,

Quote A thesis statement usually appears at the end of the introductory paragraph of a paper, and it offers a concise summary of the main point or claim of the essay, research paper, etc. A thesis statement is usually one sentence that appears at the end though it may occur as more than one.
    then we could have a discussion about it. After all, you, yourself, said to think of it as a thesis,

In other words, what, in your mind, are the implications that we are all participants of the systemic disadvantages of our society? After all, we are all participants in the advantages of our society, too, and so are the immigrants, now that they are there. In other words, now that they are there, they are participants in both the advantages and disadvantages of our society.

Unless they are looking for a free ride, and want to use their status as immigrants to have more advantages than the average citizen of any country, or unless someone wants to use them unfairly and force them to take (for example) lower wages than the average citizen might take.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

animovado (26th September 2015), sunpaw (26th September 2015)

32. Link to Post #59
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

Ok I am avoiding all heated debates this month. I have no comments on priors posts.
    This video deals with this refugee crisis and some alliances formed to deal with this.

Very interesting perspective.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

animovado (26th September 2015), Cara (25th November 2015), Maria Stade (26th September 2015), MorningSong (28th September 2015), Selkie (26th September 2015)

34. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Quote Posted by cccme (here)
    Ok I am avoiding all heated debates this month. I have no comments on priors posts.
    This video deals with this refugee crisis and some alliances formed to deal with this.

Very interesting perspective.
    This is such good news! Great video! Of course the immigrants are nothing but pawns in the game, those of them who are not terrorists, that is...I said that somewhere else, maybe in this thread. The current crisis is entirely the fault of the US and Israel, although not the fault of the American people. Kudos to Germany, France and Russia!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

animovado (26th September 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast