+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your smartphone is spying on you. Here's how to stop that from happening...

1. Link to Post #21
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 times in 520 posts

Default Re: Your smartphone is spying on you. Here's how to stop that from happening...

.. sounds like this tip only applies to smartphones using the Android operating system?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aurelius For This Post:

3. Link to Post #22
    Ilie Pandia

Default Re: Your smartphone is spying on you. Here's how to stop that from happening...

Can you write back and ask for the name of "this app" that your friend refers to? I am sure he can easily provide that.

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,041 times in 10,210 posts

Remember my report that a major telecom provider was building chip level hidden backdoor monitoring systems, with their own keying for listening and controlling their own hardware, and that the keying involved the use of the hardware alone. ....access to the chips came in on the signals that the chip processed, it was not 'control pin latched'.

This means that any of their chips being used anywhere in the world was controllable, in the act of doing what they were supposed to do..which.... is handling and transferring signal.

This was standard in the early 1990's and it came to me as A quality or AA quality data.

This goes beyond snooping and into direct control of telecom hardware.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

ceetee9 (20th September 2015), Paul (20th September 2015), Selkie (20th September 2015), yuhui (20th September 2015)

6. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,277 times in 573 posts

In the early, early '90's, when the DEA were (allegedly) hunting Pablo Escobar, they had a piece of portable equipment that could activate a powered-off mobile phone and eavesdrop a conversation in real time.... nearly twenty-five years ago. I know that no communication system is allowed in place without first it being fairly easy to tap/hack/listen to.

Regards.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

Paul (20th September 2015), Selkie (20th September 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2