+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Links for Workshops, Classes, Courses, that teach skills for self reliance, living lightly, bartering

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Lightbulb Links for Workshops, Classes, Courses, that teach skills for self reliance, living lightly, bartering

Inspired by Ron Mauer Sr.'s thread Brainstorming for potential solutions and encouraged by RunningDeer, I thought we could compile a one-stop database of courses, classes, or workshops, that teach skills for self reliance, living lightly, and independence.

Let's start a worldwide list that people can attend in their local area. Maybe online courses too.

In addition to prepping for what happens if the SHTF, lets focus on courses that people can use now for living lighter. Maybe a group class in how to can fruit, or build a 'tiny home' or learn to barter.

For each course please list:
    Country, location, any personal experience with the course, cost, website link, and whatever else you think is relevant.

Open to suggestions,

B

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to BLynn For This Post:

awakeningmom (21st September 2015), BongoBob (2nd March 2017), Bubu (21st September 2015), Constance (21st September 2015), earthadvocate (21st September 2015), genevieve (21st September 2015), Lancelot (24th September 2015), Lefty Dave (21st September 2015), loveoflife (21st September 2015), mojo (21st September 2015), nephalim (21st September 2015), palehorse (20th November 2023), RunningDeer (21st September 2015), Star Tsar (21st September 2015), Strat (12th April 2020), The Alley Cat (21st September 2015), Wide-Eyed (21st September 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Links for Workshops, Classes, Courses, that teach skills for self reliance, living lightly, bartering

Great idea, BLynn.
    Ron’s thread: Brainstorming for potential solutions

If 10-20 participants in your area are interested in a Basic Survival Skills Class check out the link(s), or sign up with individual instructors across the US.

The Pathfinder School Staff

Self Reliance OutFitters class schedule

Where: by invitation and classes; instructors provide additional info through their websites
    How many: 10-20 participants
    Pricing: see paragraph below

PRIVATE CLASSES

Custom group courses are available. It will be a 3 day (Friday-Sunday) class with a minimum of 10 participants and maximum of 20. Based on your specific requirements, The Pathfinder School can customize our existing course curriculum to meet the needs of your group.

Corporate and youth groups are welcome! Please email your inquiries to jamiecanterbury@selfrelianceoutfitters.com so Dave's schedule can be reviewed and pricing can be determined for your custom Pathfinder School Event!
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 21st September 2015 at 01:43.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

awakeningmom (21st September 2015), BLynn (21st September 2015), Bubu (21st September 2015), genevieve (21st September 2015), Lefty Dave (21st September 2015), loveoflife (21st September 2015), mojo (21st September 2015), nephalim (21st September 2015), palehorse (20th November 2023), Wide-Eyed (21st September 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,263 times in 2,725 posts

Default Re: Links for Workshops, Classes, Courses, that teach skills for self reliance, living lightly, bartering

Even if TSDNHTF we are better off knowing how to survive in the wild. If people have choices almost all will prefer nature than this toxic environment. Learning how to survive in nature is the ticket.

great threads indeed. Thanks

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1000328

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...eptive-Partner

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

BLynn (22nd September 2015), genevieve (21st September 2015), Lancelot (24th September 2015), loveoflife (21st September 2015), mojo (21st September 2015), palehorse (20th November 2023), RunningDeer (21st September 2015), Wide-Eyed (21st September 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Wide-Eyed's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 times in 274 posts

Hit the thrift shops eliminate slave labor while saving tons of water while helping good cause

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wide-Eyed For This Post:

BLynn (22nd September 2015), genevieve (21st September 2015), mojo (21st September 2015), palehorse (20th November 2023), RunningDeer (21st September 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 times in 312 posts

This one is free. http://tinyhabits.com/

5-day method is simple and effective. And people say it’s fun.

A session runs like this:

Getting Set Up (12 min): You learn about habits and select 3 new habits you want.

Monday - Friday (3 min): You do your Tiny Habits, and you respond to a daily email.

That’s all!

In less than 30 minutes total, you’ll learn skills that will benefit you for a lifetime.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to loveoflife For This Post:

BLynn (22nd September 2015), genevieve (21st September 2015), Lefty Dave (21st September 2015), palehorse (20th November 2023), RunningDeer (21st September 2015), The Alley Cat (21st September 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,256 times in 2,136 posts

For those willing to live in a small space, hopefully without a mortgage, here are many options:

Shelter - Tiny Houses and Apartments

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

BLynn (22nd September 2015), Lancelot (24th September 2015), loveoflife (24th September 2015), palehorse (20th November 2023), RunningDeer (22nd September 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 times in 312 posts

PSTEC Basic Course For FREE (Eliminate Emotional Pain in Minutes)

In a “nutshell”, the basic PSTEC™ is a unique 11 minute audio track which can be played to anyone (including yourself) to create a resolution for almost any problem related to unwanted emotions or feelings. Whilst that may sound unlikely, PSTEC™ has been described as being possibly the fastest and most efficient neutralizer of problem emotions ever created. Better than that, it’s free to help yourself and you can use it for almost anything.

http://www.evolutionezine.net/pstec/

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loveoflife For This Post:

fourty-two (16th April 2017), Lancelot (24th September 2015), RunningDeer (24th September 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Survival school in PA.
    Day 1

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Jean-Marie (23rd October 2015), palehorse (20th November 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

I've enjoyed many of Dave's Youtube videos. If you want to do some prepping this may be of interest.

The advertisement:

The Ultimate Survival Challenge - Level 1 is my ONLY “live” training of 2016 and I don’t want you to miss out on the $200 Off - EARLY BIRD SPECIAL - that runs out in just 2 days.

If you are sitting on the fence - and are thinking about attending this ridiculously fun and challenging training (or maybe you just got busy with "Spring" stuff like me), NOW is the time to register before the price goes up.Dads, bring your sons.
    • Moms, bring your daughters.
    • Families with kids (13 and older), come on out!
    We have graduates from 13-year old boys and girls... up to grand parents well over 70!

Regardless of your fitness or skill level, occupation, gender or life situation...

This training is for YOU!

The Ultimate Survival Challenge is the ONLY hands-on, family-friendly, training / challenge (that I know of) that packs over 40 hours of vital survival instruction into a full 3-days...

AND...

• Feeds you REALLY well...
    • Solves any sleeping problems you had before you came...
    • Gives you the satisfaction of a job well done...
    • And leaves you with a BIG smile on your face at the end of each day (before you pass out from utter exhaustion
    ... end advertisement.

Some may find valuable information in my blog, Ideas for Self Reliant Living During Financially Turbulent Times. (I have nothing for sale there. Just free info.)
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 16th April 2016 at 21:24.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

fourty-two (17th April 2016), Jean-Marie (16th April 2016), palehorse (20th November 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Training for 2017 in Wellsboro PA.

http://ultimatesurvivaltips.com/ulti...lenge-level-1/

1- Build a Survival Shelter (3 Different Ways)
    2 - Build a Sustainable Fire (3 Different Ways)
    3 - Purify / Filter Water (3 Different Ways)
    4 - Use a Non-Firearm Weapon to Hunt (3 Different Ways)
    5 - Navigate (3 Different Ways)
    6 - Make Cordage from Scratch (PLUS Learn 3 Important Knots)
    7- Identify Wild Edible Plants (At Least 3)
    8 - Identify Edible Bugs (At Least 3)
    9 - Build a Snare or Trap (3 Different Ways)

BONUS - Find Your Perfect Survival Knife and Master Using It...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

palehorse (20th November 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Great Britain Avalon Member dawnawakeningfreespirit's Avatar
    Thanks

Reawakening this thread in the current climate. I am looking for active people within the UK that require assistance for skill exchange- I have my own tiny home on wheels although found myself back in city, due to injury. Currently the lock down is keeping most of us isolated, in the city it is especially difficult to get out. I am not looking for WOOFING or work away, a mutual share I can provide my own shelter & have food to share. Bush craft, shelter building, are skills I lack, I can grow food, cook, the running of a homestead comes naturally I do not own land or wish too as such, although I would like to share a sustainable environment.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dawnawakeningfreespirit For This Post:

palehorse (20th November 2023)

+ Reply to Thread