+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Primitive building techniques

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Zionbrion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 406 posts

Default Primitive building techniques

Came across this video the other day, and I was quite amazed. Watch this young man build a house from whats around him, with hand made tools.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Bubu (24th September 2015), Constance (24th September 2015), danegeroussacredgeometry (24th September 2015), earthadvocate (23rd September 2015), Fanna (24th September 2015), Ioneo (23rd September 2015), Muzz (24th September 2015), Nasu (23rd September 2015), ponda (24th September 2015), sandy (24th September 2015), Selkie (23rd September 2015), Sunny-side-up (24th September 2015), The Alley Cat (24th September 2015), toppy (24th September 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,600 times in 1,987 posts

Default Re: Primitive building techniques

Quote Posted by Zionbrion (here)
    Came across this video the other day, and I was quite amazed. Watch this young man build a house from whats around him, with hand made tools.

Wow! Thanks so much!

p.s. I bet all of us carry that knowledge (or knowing, however anyone wants to look at it) in our extra-nucleic DNA, epigenetically. It would just take the right circumstances to bring it out.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Constance (24th September 2015), sandy (24th September 2015), Sunny-side-up (24th September 2015), toppy (24th September 2015), Zionbrion (23rd September 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Selkie (here)

Wow! Thanks so much!

p.s. I bet all of us carry that knowledge (or knowing, however anyone wants to look at it) in our extra-nucleic DNA, epigenetically. It would just take the right circumstances to bring it out.
    After watching it I feel like I "downloaded" the blue prints and that I could now build something similar. Though in some sort of emergency I would make a different sort of roof that is quicker.

Check out his youtube channell there is lots more blueprints to download.
    Last edited by Zionbrion; 23rd September 2015 at 22:50.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Fanna (24th September 2015), Selkie (23rd September 2015), Sunny-side-up (24th September 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Or we can go more modern and mobile.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Constance (24th September 2015), earthadvocate (23rd September 2015), meat suit (24th September 2015), Ol' Roy (24th September 2015), Sunny-side-up (24th September 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,600 times in 1,987 posts

Wow! Thanks so much!

After watching it I feel like I "downloaded" the blue prints and that I could now build something similar. Though in some sort of emergency I would make a different sort of roof that is quicker.

Yes! Me, too! All kinds of things work like that, I think. Spinning and weaving are the same...you just need a clue, because peeps have been doing it for tens of thousands of years...and so its all there, in your extra-nuclear DNA.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

Meggings (23rd September 2015), Sunny-side-up (24th September 2015), Zionbrion (23rd September 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

(Insert signature here)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

seko (24th September 2015), Zionbrion (24th September 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Wow! Thanks so much!

Great video Zionbrion! Thanks for sharing.

Yes. I feel that all we need to do is start a project for that innate skill to be drawn out.

I started out by doing a strawbale building course. My other half then did a course himself.

I also did an earthbag building course but by the time I finished, I felt that we could do something even more effortless.

We started building straw, mud and bamboo walls for our home.

It seemed that once we got our hands into the mud mixture (cob) that we got an immediate feeling for what was right.

We were so thrilled that we could create a wall out of only natural materials that it inspired us to keep going.

We would now love to help others build their own tiny natural home once we have finished ours.

We have had many curious visitors to our home.

Most say that it is so comfortable and cozy that it feels like a holiday house.
    We are still yet to add the finishing touches but people express that they just love it as it is... which is no inspiration for me to finish it off!

We built a small home by any standard but I would love to build even smaller home the next time around.

I would love to have a tiny cob cottage like this...

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Matt P (24th September 2015), Nasu (24th September 2015), Ol' Roy (24th September 2015), Sunny-side-up (24th September 2015), Zionbrion (24th September 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 times in 462 posts

Watch This Guy Build An Amazing Shelter In The Woods Using Only Dirt, Trees, And Rocks

Using nothing but his bare hands, primitive tools (rocks) and naturally occurring materials, he builds this impressive shelter in the wilderness. By the time he's finished, there's even a fireplace with a chimney.

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-video...KgZ6m2AlZVB.01

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Octavusprime (here)
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...t-modern-tools

Also found here.
    I saw your thread after I had already made mine, but I realized the one you shared is actually a different design, he does a thatched roof in that one, with an internal fireplace I Believe. In this one he makes a mud tiled roof using a home made kiln and heats it through an underground fire.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Nasu (24th September 2015)

+ Reply to Thread