+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rare Supermoon Eclipse Sunday

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Rare Supermoon Eclipse Sunday

Strange

We can get millions of people to look up at a Super-Moon which occurs only periodically, but we can't seem to get millions of people to look up and notice a ugly chem-trail left by a multitude of aircraft that are dumping toxins on our heads, environment and children.

Unfortunately unable to see the Moon tonight due to cloudy skies.

Fortunately for me, I have seen a multitude of Super-Moons in my life time.

2. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,502 times in 5,708 posts

It was a lovely sight. The moon looked like a glowing coal.

I took a moment and tried to visualize what the view must have looked like from the moon. I still have that image in my head..
    Last edited by Mike; 28th September 2015 at 05:04.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Aspen (28th September 2015), Gardener (28th September 2015), MorningSong (28th September 2015)

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 times in 446 posts

I saw it this evening in Northern Alberta. It was much like the photos in this thread, except it was less red and more grey with a bit of brown. It did not look like a blood moon here, more like it was a shadow. It was darker grey in the same places as the photo above. It was almost a complete eclipse here, but not quite. It had a tinier sliver of light around the edge than in the photos above.. It was interesting watching the sliver of light move from the left to the bottom and then to the right side of the moon over a 45 minute period. I didn't feel more positive watching it. I had the urge to ground myself by taking off my shoes and leaning against a large poplar tree. The cat came up to me and I held her while she was purring. It felt better to be grounded in this way while watching the eclipse. I wasn't afraid really, just a little uneasy. It seemed special to have this rare eclipse happen on my birthday. I turned 59 today (starting my 60th year). The sun was sinking below the horizon in the west, as the moon was rising in the east. It felt strange and potent, in a way, to be exactly in between the sun and the moon. The moon in outer darkness, far away from the sun. The winds that have been howling, at times, near gale force the last couple of days died down to nothing for the eclipse. |I saw the first star come out and heard a flock of Canada geese go by as I stood in my stocking feet at 10 degrees Celsius watching the eclipse in the silence of rural Alberta.

Wishing you all here on Avalon and the Earth a great new beginning. Apparently lunar eclipses are supposed to be about starting anew.
    Last edited by Aspen; 28th September 2015 at 06:02.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aspen For This Post:

Gaia (1st October 2015), Gardener (28th September 2015), Mike (28th September 2015), MorningSong (28th September 2015)

6. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,455 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I'll try to get some photos if the city light doesn't ruin my ability ... I guess if I am feeling up to it I can go for a drive.
    It was cloudy ...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Gardener (28th September 2015), Mike (29th September 2015)

8. Link to Post #25
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

Last edited by Hervé; 28th September 2015 at 19:28.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

DeDukshyn (28th September 2015), Innocent Warrior (29th September 2015), joeecho (28th September 2015), Mike (29th September 2015), seah (28th September 2015)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASPEN

Great to see this lunar eclipse I had not seen a blood moon before. As we stood out on the back patio we talked about the superstitions of primitive tribes eons ago, and what they must have thought. Seems some things don't change much but it is good to remember that superstition is an interject and has no basis in reality except for the person experiencing it.

When I am saying superstition I do not mean the honouring of cycles of which a blood moon or supermoon are part, amongst many other cycles acknowledged by tribal shamen, druids, and the ancient knowledge of our ancestors.
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

Aspen (29th September 2015), Mike (29th September 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2