+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: "I Was There"... Imagine, John Lennon Isn't Dead!

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,221 times in 554 posts

Default "I Was There"... Imagine, John Lennon Isn't Dead!

Is Lennon still alive? You be the judge...
    This is a song, "I Was There", from the movie "Let Him Be" (2009)... In which a Lennon look-a-like Mark Staycer stars and also performs all the new "Lennon" songs.

But is it really Lennon himself?
    Have a look at this evidence...http://mileswmathis.com/lennon.pdf
    Last edited by Valley; 2nd October 2015 at 23:51.
    Be Flexible, In Body and Mind... Be Wise and Prize What You Find... Be Clear, No Fear to Blind... Be Nice, Think Twice, Be Kind

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valley For This Post:

42 (17th October 2015), avid (30th September 2015), betoobig (11th October 2015), genevieve (30th September 2015), Mike (30th September 2015), Rex (30th September 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Default Re: "I Was There"... Imagine, John Lennon Isn't Dead!

Seems like a stretch to me.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Yeah... Sometimes it's good to stretch. How did you like the song?
    Quote Posted by risveglio (here)
    Last edited by Valley; 30th September 2015 at 01:13.
    Be Flexible, In Body and Mind... Be Wise and Prize What You Find... Be Clear, No Fear to Blind... Be Nice, Think Twice, Be Kind

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valley For This Post:

betoobig (11th October 2015), Lifebringer (29th September 2015), T Smith (2nd October 2015)

6. Link to Post #4
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

If I had heard that piece without knowing this preamble of the thread I would have said it was John Lennon or close enough that I would happily hear more from whomever the artist is, was or intends to be. The voice resonance, the stanza of lyrics, the "beatlesque" guitar licks and the overall tempo would be classic Lennon. Great lyrics for the end of world party too, so prospects of being Lennon even higher.

We loved Lennon for the mood he gave us all and if this man and group are able to repeat that in some way, good for them, go for it:-)

But they must do it based on their own work, bad mistake to market them against Lennon. Will do them more harm than good. This piece is good, I enjoyed it for what it was not because of any reverance I may or not have for Lennon:-)

When does "Elvis" arrive?
    Last edited by Snoweagle; 29th September 2015 at 23:10.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

betoobig (11th October 2015), Lost N Found (30th September 2015), Mike (30th September 2015), Snookie (29th September 2015), Valley (29th September 2015)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Always dug his funky guitar music. Sounds like him, but not sure. Are the stars staging their deaths to get away from dark side? Who knows.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

betoobig (11th October 2015), Snookie (29th September 2015), Valley (29th September 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by Valley (here)
    Yeah... Sometimes it's to the stretch. How did you like the song?
    Song works but is it Peter McNamee or Mark Stacyer

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Staycer... Here's another clip with some better close-ups...

Quote Posted by Valley (here)
    Yeah... Sometimes it's to the stretch. How did you like the song?
    Song works but is it Peter McNamee or Mark Stacyer

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Valley For This Post:

betoobig (11th October 2015)

13. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 689 posts

I just do not think this is Lennon. When I think about how many people used to come up to me when I was younger and say they saw me at a place I know I was never at, I know how easy it can be to mistake one person for someone else.

Lennon may very well have arranged his death (as some people claim), but if he did, why the hell would he ever want to come back and become a "Star" again? If you go to that much trouble to get out of Dodge you just don't start recording songs again imho.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

Nasu (10th October 2015), Omni (30th September 2015), sigma6 (13th October 2015), Valley (29th September 2015), Words of Joy (19th October 2016)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Snookie (here)
    I just do not think this is Lennon. When I think about how many people used to come up to me when I was younger and say they saw me at a place I know I was never at, I know how easy it can be to mistake one person for someone else.

Lennon may very well have arranged his death (as some people claim), but if he did, why the hell would he ever want to come back and become a "Star" again? If you go to that much trouble to get out of Dodge you just don't start recording songs again imho.
    Maybe he still has 'messages' he wishes to share and loves what 'he does'... and maybe he was being 'hounded' by folks who saw he looks Identical to 'Lennon' and wanted them to 'back off'. The movie in the first clip is saying "Let Him Be", the title.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Valley For This Post:

Mike (30th September 2015)

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,310 times in 5,692 posts

He's dead guys

No one wants this to be true more than me. He's a huge hero of mine. I've probably read 10 books on the man. Maybe more. Watched endless interviews. What I'm saying is, if we had a John Lennon trivia night, I'd win. I know nearly everything there is to know about Lennon. I'm not bragging either. It's actually weird how much I know.

Very few cultural figures excite me. Maybe a handful. If the Pope were kneeling outside my bedroom door in prayer, I'd wordlessly walk over the man on my way to the bathroom to take a sh!t. I could care less about that guy. But if Lennon were alive, I'd walk (backwards) to the ends of the earth to meet him. But the man is gone folks. Gone...

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Art (30th September 2015), earthdreamer (30th September 2015), Jantje (30th September 2015), Miller (17th October 2015), Nasu (10th October 2015), Omni (30th September 2015), Snookie (30th September 2015), T Smith (2nd October 2015), Valley (30th September 2015), Wind (30th September 2015)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

Lennon was an MKULTRA political dissident assassination IMHO. Very dead if I had to take a rational guess. Reason why I almost know he was assassinated rather than lone gunman'd is his potency and brightness of his soul. If Lennon, Marley, MLK, JFK, and many others assassinated by the same source(IMHO if i had to guess) were not killed the world would be a very different place.

Just think of all the beatles fans that would wake up if Lennon started making youtube documentaries of the global conspiracy or something of that nature. I believe it is societal engineering and prevention of awakening oriented assassinations with all of the celebs I named.

I agree with Mike.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

betoobig (11th October 2015), halffull (30th September 2015), Mike (30th September 2015), Miller (17th October 2015), Snookie (30th September 2015), T Smith (2nd October 2015), Valley (30th September 2015)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)
    Lennon was an MKULTRA political dissident assassination IMHO. Very dead if I had to take a rational guess. Reason why I almost know he was assassinated rather than lone gunman'd is his potency and brightness of his soul. If Lennon, Marley, MLK, JFK, and many others assassinated by the same source(IMHO if i had to guess) were not killed the world would be a very different place.

Just think of all the beatles fans that would wake up if Lennon started making youtube documentaries of the global conspiracy or something of that nature. I believe it is societal engineering and prevention of awakening oriented assassinations with all of the celebs I named.

I agree with Mike.

i think youve hit it on the head, Onmni..

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

betoobig (11th October 2015), Nasu (10th October 2015), Ol' Roy (19th October 2015), Omni (30th September 2015), Snookie (30th September 2015), transiten (14th October 2015), Valley (30th September 2015)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Please also share your thoughts on the song in first video too if you would... I'm curious how you would all analyze that also. I think it's 'spot on' for a Lennon song, in many ways. Did you guys enjoy it?

I wouldn't have shared this if I didn't already see some compelling evidence... So have a look at this, then tell me what you think...http://mileswmathis.com/lennon.pdf
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    He's dead guys

No one wants this to be true more than me. He's a huge hero of mine. I've probably read 10 books on the man. Maybe more. Watched endless interviews. What I'm saying is, if we had a John Lennon trivia night, I'd win. I know nearly everything there is to know about Lennon. I'm not bragging either. It's actually weird how much I know.

Very few cultural figures excite me. Maybe a handful. If the Pope were kneeling outside my bedroom door in prayer, I'd wordlessly walk over the man on my way to the bathroom to take a sh!t. I could care less about that guy. But if Lennon were alive, I'd walk (backwards) to the ends of the earth to meet him. But the man is gone folks. Gone...
    Attached Files

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Valley For This Post:

Mike (30th September 2015)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

hi valley,

the song does sound (musically) sort of what a mid to late 70's Lennon song might sound like. my opinion: his best work was with the plastic ono band. later there was a lot of political sloganeering and just, well, corniness. hate to say it!

this song, vocally, doesnt sound at all like Lennon's nasally delivery. thats just my opinion. i enjoyed it and the idea of a living Lennon as a sort of novelty, but not enough to take too seriously.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Jantje (30th September 2015), Omni (30th September 2015), T Smith (2nd October 2015), Valley (30th September 2015)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Cool... Here's another song from the movie...

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    hi valley,

the song does sound (musically) sort of what a mid to late 70's Lennon song might sound like. my opinion: his best work was with the plastic ono band. later there was a lot of political sloganeering and just, well, corniness. hate to say it!

this song, vocally, doesnt sound at all like Lennon's nasally delivery. thats just my opinion. i enjoyed it and the idea of a living Lennon as a sort of novelty, but not enough to take too seriously.

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Probably good that people aren't going for this, as he wants you to "Let Him Be" anyway.
    Here's 'Staycer' once more...
    Attached Images  

29. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Has anyone gone through the large PDF data file yet, (now in OP) and would like to comment on? It shows all of the 'identical' physical similarities between the current 'Mark Staycer' and the historical Lennon... including matching scars, moles, and facial features... and much more.

30. Link to Post #18
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,509 times in 4,311 posts

Looks a lot like him, but it plainly and obviously isn't Lennon to my eye. Good impersonation, good look alike, but that's all it is. People of that calibre, profile and status, do not and cannot fake their deaths and get away with it. The deception would not last 35 years without exposure. It would not last 35 minutes in my opinion. To be honest, I think it's even more daft than the 'Elvis isn't dead' thing.

Lennon died -was 'taken out'- in 1980. A tragedy (and travesty) but he's dead, long dead.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Jantje (30th September 2015), Omni (30th September 2015), Valley (30th September 2015), Wind (1st October 2015)

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Thank for stopping in Mariner, and sharing your views... but you haven't addressed any of the evidence in the PDF... that's what I'd like to hear thoughts on a bit now... and other thoughts about the two new songs from the movie and the clip below. Is everyone able to have a look at that PDF file? It sure doesn't appear so.

Lennon would be looking a bit different now after 30+ years, but, his moles, scars and such should still match up... and they do with the honorable 'Mr Staycer'. It's all laid out in the PDF file.

In my view the movie, "Let Him Be", is about what happened when people started recognizing him and started trying to track him down and press him on the issue of having the same identicle features as the legendary Lennon.

Here's a movie trailer, which is about the same as the first video in the OP, but with a different audio track with dialogue from the movie...

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    Looks a lot like him, but it plainly and obviously isn't Lennon to my eye. Good impersonation, good look alike, but that's all it is. People of that calibre, profile and status, do not and cannot fake their deaths and get away with it. The deception would not last 35 years without exposure. It would not last 35 minutes in my opinion. To be honest, I think it's even more daft than the 'Elvis isn't dead' thing.

Lennon died -was 'taken out'- in 1980. A tragedy (and travesty) but he's dead, long dead.
    Last edited by Valley; 30th September 2015 at 18:30.

33. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

"Imagine"... Just Imagine...
    Last edited by Valley; 1st October 2015 at 07:11.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Valley For This Post:

Ol' Roy (19th October 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast